• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
I originally thought Tetra was from the Sheiklah clan. Blonde hair, brown skin, red scarf, blue shirt, white pants. Like she has the whole color scheme. Only to be revealed she's been WW's Sheik the whole time
Huh I never thought of her as WW’s Sheik clan! XD

I'm sorry to randomly butt in, feel free to carry on the conversation ofc, I just wanted to apologize since I won't be getting to posting for Yoshi tonight. I planned to work on him and I just have a massive migraine and cannot focus. I'll hopefully get to him tomorrow at some point

I'm sorry to randomly butt in, feel free to carry on the conversation ofc, I just wanted to apologize since I won't be getting to posting for Yoshi tonight. I planned to work on him and I just have a massive migraine and cannot focus. I'll hopefully get to him tomorrow at some point
It’s ok take your time! I hope you feel better.

I've always imagined the King of Red Lions sounding like Sean Connery. Everyone I've told that to has told me that they can't unhear it now XD

Captain Falcon's animosity toward Ness makes me really want a Ness player to come to the game!

Something Smash Bros. RP related, but a little irrelevant to this whole setting that we've got! As I think I've mentioned before, Peach was one of my go to characters, even in multiverse settings where I would introduce her as somebody I'd roleplay as.

One of the things I tended to do with Peach was that she tends to lean a little more towards the expected damsel in distress side of how she is, compared to how some people do like to immediately make her out as someone more capable that they'd expect. She's peaceful and friendly with no absolute doubt about that, although she's little helpless when it comes to more dire situations. I'd often use the rougher and more chaotic setting as a way for her to take the initiative to grow out of that and actually show a little more assertiveness in situations that can't be resolved with her diplomacy or with her status as a monarch and with action instead.

EreDagGXMAId-Ou.jpg

Something Smash Bros. RP related, but a little irrelevant to this whole setting that we've got! As I think I've mentioned before, Peach was one of my go to characters, even in multiverse settings where I would introduce her as somebody I'd roleplay as.

One of the things I tended to do with Peach was that she tends to lean a little more towards the expected damsel in distress side of how she is, compared to how some people do like to immediately make her out as someone more capable that they'd expect. She's peaceful and friendly with no absolute doubt about that, although she's little helpless when it comes to more dire situations. I'd often use the rougher and more chaotic setting as a way for her to take the initiative to grow out of that and actually show a little more assertiveness in situations that can't be resolved with her diplomacy or with her status as a monarch and with action instead.

View attachment 1060733
That's an honestly good take on her character and feels like something you would see from the games. Especially Mario RPG. Man, I wish they made a sequel...

That's an honestly good take on her character and feels like something you would see from the games.
And it's especially fun when it does get a little more intense, even if the stakes are fairly low! An example was when I had done a RP with a friend between Peach and Samus. Samus, a little irritated by how Peach was acting at the time given she was but the stereotype fairytale damsel in distress, asked Peach to come along and join her in a few sparring lessons so that she wouldn't just cower in fear and cry for help.

Peach, a little reluctant, tries to deny it but as an apology offers a cake she had made for that occasion. What was meant to be an apology ends up being a challenge for Peach, as the princess is suddenly forced to defend herself against Samus' attacks whilst still trying to keep the cake intact in what was meant to be a lesson in evasion and agility. I can't 100% remember how it went, but I think it ended up as a bit of a failure in Peach's behalf as she was the one that was caked in her own... well... cake.

The below image was literally the entire inspiration behind that entire interaction, and I still love the idea behind it though.

69879317_p0_master1200.jpg

View attachment 1060733

Super Smash Bros. RPs are the only time I RP canon characters. I've been a Toon Link and Pit RPer since Brawl. I was pretty surprised at just how close I nailed Pit's character in the old RPs, especially the Japanese characterization of him. I played him as tough, steadfast, headstrong, and hot-blooded, with a cheeky and mischievous side to him. He was very proud, and when he was on duty he became a lot more serious and dignified. My influence was the artwork of Pit at the time, and the English VA for Brawl Pit giving his voice a more noble air to it. My Pit had a silly side (he was responsible for a lot of the silly moments in the RP, along with Toon Link) but he was no where near as silly or dim-witted as English Dub Uprising Pit. He was kind of the Cool Big Brother to the younger fighters. Kid Icarus is my favorite NES game, and I was a Pit fan before his inclusion into SSB!

1674699101170.png

1674699034568.png

View attachment 1060733
Sbfksiff I’m sorry cus this is probably a tangent It’s always great to see how multiple people go about how to rp the same one character! It’s like getting a glimpse at how one single figure or idea can be perceived and depicted in so many different manners by people who all share the same appreciation of it, even if it takes shape if different ways. It’s like each rper makes that character a letter of appreciation. The words inside each envelope might be different and what certain aspects they appreciate may differ but at the end of the day they all still express the same love for who that character is!…if that makes any sense 😅

With Toon Link, I tend to play him as a friendly and goofy kid who can be rash, especially when it comes to danger. He generally takes things in stride. I usually RP him without much dialogue outside of his "'Oi!" and "C'mon!". I've tried RPing him more talkative in the past and it just didn't feel right, so I just imply that he speaks. I'll sometimes give him full dialogue as a surprise or to show just how big of a deal something is in a scene. One thing I do miss from RPing a more talkative Toon Link is the reactions of the other Links when they hear his accent.

With Toon Link, I tend to play him as a friendly and goofy kid who can be rash, especially when it comes to danger. He generally takes things in stride. I usually RP him without much dialogue outside of his "'Oi!" and "C'mon!". I've tried RPing him more talkative in the past and it just didn't feel right, so I just imply that he speaks. I'll sometimes give him full dialogue as a surprise or to show just how big of a deal something is in a scene. One thing I do miss from RPing a more talkative Toon Link is the reactions of the other Links when they hear his accent.
I think you do a good job playing him if I do a second run of WW I likely be thinking of you. XD

As for Peach, the Peach in the old RP was pretty fun! They played her as more of a ditz, but she was super friendly and was always trying to feed people. Almost every scene with her led to laughs! I think they were very inspired by Peach's lack of fucks given during that one scene in Subspace Emissary where she was just chilling on the deck of the Halberd while all that fighting was going on. There was one moment where the SSBs were holding a council of war and trying to come up with a plan to save Marth. Things went sour and tensions flared, and Peach immediately started serving tea, the sudden tonal whiplash causing everyone to just stop! They all just muttered apologies and gratitude for the tea, then sat down to enjoy it in silence.

(Warning for another long tangent lmao)

Fdjdhsof speaking of past characterizations, Besides Isabelle this is the first time I’m rping as all of my characters so I’ve had to figure out my preferences in each portrayal as I go along (especially with Zel considering I had to scramble to play the game/read the manga just to play her lmao). While it’s been a blast there has been some difficulties where I’ve realized mid way through that for some characters “oh no, I don’t think this trait I’m conveying is something that I feel represents how I want the character to come across but it’d be even more off putting to try and violent course correct now”.

An example off the top of my head being how my Inkling doesn’t seem to reflect the “established” (heavy quotations cus Inkling’s technically a player insert character) Agent Three traits, especially with how they’re portrayed in the dlc. While I did this with the intention of having them more so reflect the more light hearted and goofy depictions found in Smash Bros itself since it might have been confusing for non Splatoon knowledgeable players as to why Inkling is suddenly acting more stoic and quiet, it still felt like a missed opportunity to really explore how much they’ve changed over the course of the series and how characters may have reacted to such a difference in character. But since its waaaay too late to suddenly introduce that idea in its entirety it leaves me with no other choice but to just keep on going with their current characterization.

Though now I’m writing this all out it’s making me realize that it doesn’t mean I can’t still occasionally sprinkle in little bits and pieces of those traits in the future, but naturally they’d have to be dialed back to have it not be too alarming. Fgskfidif also I’m probably way over thinking this cus once again, Inkling’s a player insert at the end of the day so there’s no true single right or wrong interpretation of them lmao

Thankfully besides that though I haven’t had too much issue with how I feel about my depictions of Pichu, Inkling, and Zelda. Sure there’s other little things here and there but hey, for my first time rping as them it’s hasn’t been too terrible of a portrayal…right? (Lord knows it’s certainly better than the one time I tried rping as Bayonetta…just thinking about it makes me violently cringe from embarrassment 😬)

As for Peach, the Peach in the old RP was pretty fun! They played her as more of a ditz, but she was super friendly and was always trying to feed people. Almost every scene with her led to laughs! I think they were very inspired by Peach's lack of fucks given during that one scene in Subspace Emissary where she was just chilling on the deck of the Halberd while all that fighting was going on. There was one moment where the SSBs were holding a council of war and trying to come up with a plan to save Marth. Things went sour and tensions flared, and Peach immediately started serving tea, the sudden tonal whiplash causing everyone to just stop! They all just muttered apologies and gratitude for the tea, then sat down to enjoy it in silence.
She's been in so much dangerous situations at this point, it ain't even a hassle any more for Peach lol. Also, it's nice to know that that Peach in your last Smash Bros. RP knew how to calm down everyone around here. She's like 'Akuna Matata' personified lol. I also like how they based her of her Brawl counterpart too. Has my favorite Peach costume ever lol

I think you're doing a great job, SheepKing SheepKing

I sometimes feel I have to justify why I RP Pit the way I do as I have been given shit for not liking the English dub's portrayal of the character, being called a "weeaboo" and such. No, I don't dislike it because I'm a Japanese purist, but because the English dub sacrifices characterization for humor, and the changes to characterization don't match what is shown or implied in the gameplay and artwork of the past KI games (ex. Pit being illiterate when he clearly was able to read in the old games). I used to think the Japanese version was the same until videos of English subbed translations of the game were uploaded on to YouTube and I saw the differences. Old school Kid Icarus fans, from what I've seen, tend to hate the English dub's portrayal of Pit and Palutena. People have commented on how odd it is that Pit in SSBU looks so serious, and I'm like, "Yeah! That's pretty normal for him actually!" I mean, just look at the official Pit art I linked not too long ago! He's always looked stern even in his cameo appearances. If you ever watch the English subs of "Palutena's Revolting Dinner" or "Thanatos Rising", Pit doesn't tell a single joke or make a pun. Not once! It's all on Palutena and Thanatos.

I compare it to the first few seasons of Digimon, where the English dub is a lot more humorous and pun-filled while the original Japanese version takes itself a lot more seriously.

Last edited:
GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow SheepKing SheepKing you two are doing a great job at playing your respective characters. I have to say this is my first time playing Sephiroth at least SSBU. I have come across people who try to redeem him at least his final fantasy 7 self. I personally play him as the cold and cunning hardened ex general SOLDIER. I don’t believe in redeeming him given his crimes and attempt to destroy all livings. Eh sorry for the tangent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back