• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Summer Camp [Digimon]

Future Kids.jpg

Just like in the premise of the original Digimon Adventure anime, the children of the former Digidestined are sent to a summer camp to have some fun during the holidays. They take along their Digimon to have their much needed break from school and their families.

All in all, it's supposed to be an easy-going, laid back RPG with the characters having fun and doing some normal summer time stuff. The children would either be kids or teenagers. I like the enthusiasm and carefreeness of youth, but I suppose that if you want to ship them, older characters would be better, so 12-16 should be the approximate age range. They keep their digimons assigned to them from the epilogue, but they don't necessarily need to have the same Rookie Level one as their parents.

To an extent, it'll also be a chance to explore how their parent's life unfolded after their adventures. Ken and Yolei are stated to be married by the time of the epilogue and the Wikia claims that Sora and Matt are married, but apart from that, anything's up to debate as far as I'm concerned.

If that's fine with you, I'd also like to set up some "quests" such as an obstacle course, scavenger hunt and puzzles for the characters to solve, but I haven't yet decided on how to implement this into the RPG. I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me a hand with this.

Due to the fact that I don't have a lot of experience with group RPGs yet, mostly 1x1, I'd like to cut it off at 4-5 players. However, if there are far more people interested than that, I guess we could split it up into a second group that would play pretty independently during the quest part and rejoin the characters afterwards. Since I don't have anyone in mind to lead them, I'll just leave this here as a future idea.

Well then, if you're interested, feel free to reply down below, as well as any questions you have. I'd really love to breathe some life into this idea :)

Interested
Nice :)
Hi game, I'm Deer (sorry, not sorry xD)

Wow, I didn't expect to find people so soon, but that's really cool. If this keeps up, I'll post the character topic this weekend once there's enough interest for all slots. Don't worry, I'll tag everyone who's interested.

To make planning a little easier, is there already a character you've laid eyes upon? We don't have to stick to the canon 100%, especially since they're older than in the epilogue (plus they have like one line each, so personality shouldn't be an issue either^^), but I guess it could serves as a basic for our characters.

Hi, I have a question before stating my interest.

What activity level are you expecting? c:

Hi, I have a question before stating my interest.

What activity level are you expecting? c:
That's definitely a question worth answering. First off, I work 40h a week, so except for the weekend, I'll only have time in the morning and evening. So from my point of view, once per day would be my personal goal, but I know that life can be quite rough sometimes, so I'd say I'd expect an answer every 1-3 days. I'd get little restless if a weekend passes or even a week, so if that happens, just post a quick note in the OOC topic.
However, since time corresponds with length, it's okay to write shorter and therefore more than the long and detailed ones. I love reading those as much as anyone, but don't feel pressured to write that elaborately if it keeps you from writing at all, since players often have to wait for the responses of others. (Perhaps not just 1 sentence, but anything from 5-8 sentences and some dialogue onwards is enough for me. Regarding that there are multiple characters, there shouldn't be a shortage of things to react to and extend upon^^).

(In case you haven't guessed it already: Keeping it short and simple isn't really an option if I'm to explain anything, so sorry for the walls of text I will inevitably create^^*. Oh, and I'm from Western Europe by the way regarding any time-zone-questions.)

That's definitely a question worth answering. First off, I work 40h a week, so except for the weekend, I'll only have time in the morning and evening. So from my point of view, once per day would be my personal goal, but I know that life can be quite rough sometimes, so I'd say I'd expect an answer every 1-3 days. I'd get little restless if a weekend passes or even a week, so if that happens, just post a quick note in the OOC topic.
However, since time corresponds with length, it's okay to write shorter and therefore more than the long and detailed ones. I love reading those as much as anyone, but don't feel pressured to write that elaborately if it keeps you from writing at all, since players often have to wait for the responses of others. (Perhaps not just 1 sentence, but anything from 5-8 sentences and some dialogue onwards is enough for me. Regarding that there are multiple characters, there shouldn't be a shortage of things to react to and extend upon^^).

(In case you haven't guessed it already: Keeping it short and simple isn't really an option if I'm to explain anything, so sorry for the walls of text I will inevitably create^^*. Oh, and I'm from Western Europe by the way regarding any time-zone-questions.)

Great! I'm a full-time college student so 1-3 days actually works wonders. I'm totally interested then c:

humm, I might be interested in the child of kari and tk perhaps

Sorry for the delay, I needed to get some things sorted out (And I wanted to see whether anyone else was interested, but I guess it dropped too far...)

However, there's an OOC-thread now where you can claim your parent/child, aka the last thing we ned to figure out before we can get the RP started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back