• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It was most likely different for everyone but similar as well. That's not right...
More like it started differently for everyone, but they all ended up in the same place. That place being a underground prison in the centre of Carnageflora. A treacherous forrest where fauna and foilage alike grow bigger and scarier then anywhere and every living thing with eyes or a mouth wants you dead. Well they want everyone dead to be specific, but the point is you are located in the safest area of the most dangerous terrain in all of Brailla. That situation is changing real quick however...

Wubrick held a protective arm around his younger cousin Dalla as armed guards opened the cell door and started forcing the next group of kids outside into the light. More came in now and were more violent then was needed, presumably because the eldest Shrouda to be caught slit up two guards as the first group was being led out. The corpse of Dalla's elder brother reduced the child to tears who could only cry "Shika!" In between strained gasps for air. One of the guards could easily distinguish the grey hair known to the Shrouda clan and gave Wubrick a encouraging kick in the back to speed up.

To try anything would be suicide, the guards are fully equipped and on red alert. The kids have numbers on their side but if the guards truly wanted to, these grown adults could beat the kids to death like baby goblins trapped in a barrel.

As Wubrick picked up Dalla and hurried him out the door a flask of water was thrown at each of them, then they were directed up a set of stairs leading to a hall with many weapons laid out on the floor.
Guards lined both sides of the hall ready with guns, bows, spears, magic and more...
On the stone floor was at least fifty weapons, mostly standard machete like blades and knives but a spear or two is about. A few bows and quivers of arrows. Odd staff here and there, as well as two special artefacts! Special to the right sort of human mind you, it probably wouldn't even be noticed by most but there's always a chance.
(Its why Mr Kelly left them here of course, though they don't look like any special artefact. Just as regular as anything else here)

The two Shrouda boys were in the second group with forty eight other unlucky kids. A guard without a helmet stepped from the line to explain things. "You lot have been brought to Flora prison on the whim of one Nobleman Ellsworth J Kelly. He has graciously allowed you to have a supply of water and a single weapon before entering Carnageflora...."

Wubrick was quick to gather what was happening and swiftly picked up one of the three shortbows and quiver as the man was talking. He scampered back to his mess of a cousin. "go fetch a blade Dalla!" Wub scolded quietly as the guard continued his explanation.

"...You are free to do as you wish upon leaving these walls but Its master Kelly's wish that you would find your way south to his camp outside the forests. If you survive the horrors of Carnageflora and make it to him he has promised to reward you with safe passage to civilization. It would take two whole days of running to reach the edges in any direction as you are in the heart of hell itself. If you escape you are free but to survive you need to head south, that means exit the stairs and run left in that direction and don't stop. Just head south and don't die... master Kelly will be camping for one week waiting for you, you have no time for questions. Take a weapon and leave quickly! Do not let fear consume you.."

Dalla stayed glued to Wubrick still distraught and unable to comprehend his brother being killed before his eyes, Wub snatched a knife and placed it in the young boys hands but as he went to get a blade for himself a guard threw a rock conjured from dust at the back of his head "one weapon each and you got a bow ya dirty exile.. get going" the guard threw a second rock to punctuate his desire to see the kids off.

Wubrick didn't need a third, he and Dalla trailed behind some braver or stupider kids who felt like it was a race. They rushed up those stairs and met death. Screams and shrieks could be heard briefly before loud crunches erased said sounds.
"Terrorgores breed in Carnageflora.. we need to run while they feast on others"
Wub stated to Dalla and any in range.

The first sight one would see upon leaving the narrow stairway out into the open was a number of living trees, Ents one could call them but these Ents were of the terrorgor variety. Unable to unroot from the grounds but their branches reach out to snatch anything close enough to jam into it's awaiting mouth. Blood coating the trees being the only clue to something being wrong as they lay in wait with eyes and mouth shut, chunks of carcass litter the area.
20200509_220817.jpg
======================================
Not all my posts will be this big I'm sure but I recycled a decent first post. If you are joining this rp please do not post unless I have liked your CS on the character page. The people joining in the first arc would be one of the fifty leaving in this first post.

Post order is 1 2 then you, maybe 1 2 3 if more people join or someone is doubling others in posts.
Anyway it means after you post let three others go before you post again.
Please stick to this,

While there is no required amount to write I'll be real cross if you write single line sorts of shit.
Disagreements can be allowed but no being a dick OOC, follow rules of rpn etc
I have a discord for OOC and will make one for the site as well.
Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays
Tetro Tetro Ian Temero Ian Temero Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Last edited:
Milicent awoke with a grumble, anger rising in her chest. I'm going to ki- her train of thought was interrupted when she saw where she was. It wasn't long before she and forty-nine others were directed to a room with weapons on the floor after being given each a flask of water. The little elf looked at the guards around her and the others. At best, she could kill one before being put down. As dire as the situation may have seemed to many of the others, Milicent grew up in the wilds with her father. The only difference between then and now was the higher degree of danger outside, and the people forcing her into this situation. Milicent contemplated taking out the man without a helmet but decided it wasn't worth it. Self-preservation was the first thing her dad taught her.

Milicent found a nice looking spear, how lucky, and steeled herself. She would come back, one day, and kill every single person associated with what was going on here if it was the last thing she did.

Milicent, along with a few of the other smarter, and some cowardly, children, waited for the first set to charge headfirst. Upon leaving, she saw what awaited them. Ents. Her dad told her that her flames were impressive for her age, but she wouldn't be able to burn down a tree, let alone an Ent that could thrash about to extinguish the flames. Spear in hand, the girl would play it safe and scavenge whatever was left behind or dropped by the other kids. That was the plan at least. Maybe she could light an ent on fire to distract it long enough for her to grab whatever flasks or weapons were left behind? The blood and death didn't bother her so much as the thought of being snatched and eaten by a tree did.

Last edited:
Kaila heard the angry grunts of the adult guards and the mixed voices filled with fear, confusion, and the rare determination of the surrounding children before she opened her ruby eyes. Her mind had felt muddled as the small Neko girl tried to remember what led to her arrival in this dark dungeon-like area. She wasn't, however, given much time to think it through too much as she was practically shoved by the kids behind her and the guards behind them. She ended up somewhere near the front of their little pack, sitting on her legs that were roughly tucked beneath her.

Kaila's hands had reached out, grabbing the small flask of water just by pure instinct. She looked it over, smelling it before hooking it to her belt. As she calmed down and listened to the helmetless guard, her body began to shake. The prior events had crashed into her as her drug-muddled mind had began to clear and she could no longer see straight. She wasn't able to move when the other kids did to grab weapons, so she was left with the smaller weapons that most wouldn't think of using. Luckily, the weapons she had grown to love in the training sessions with her family until now were still there: Daggers. And there were two of them! She was in such luck! She grabbed both of them, the two seemingly well balanced and were of the same design, so she hoped she would be able to take both.

Once she was well equipped, she made her way up the stairs. The herd of children seemed to have thinned out a bit by the time she began her ascent, so her hopes had raised a bit. She hoped that the guard just made it sound harsher than it actually would be. She hoped that her friends and the other children that she had been shipped with. There was even a small sliver of hope that she could still wake up and discover this was all a bad dream. And a bad dream it was: The herd hadn't thinned out because they were making their way out. It was because they were being eaten by the trees. The small girl quickly covered her mouth to stop the scream, one of her daggers dropping to her feet while the other was gripped so tightly that her already pale skin had turned white from the mere pressure of her grip. Tears threatened to fall as she watched the carnage unfold and disperse. There were blood and limbs scattered among the Ents, and they still seemed to be eyeing the remainder of them for more.

Kaila felt she would have just given up right then and there if she hadn't heard the other kid. He was with another boy, and he had suggested running while others died. And while it wasn't what she was taught in her lessons...she couldn't think of anything else. So, she decided to take his plan, and try to stick close to him so she had at least one other person close. There was no way she could do this alone, after all. Of course, she didn't trust him either, so she would make sure to stay hidden. So, trying his plan out, she ducked down to pick up her dropped dagger and stayed low. It was times like this she was glad she wasn't born Human since cats were natural predators and could sneak about a lot easier than most other animals. She stayed low to the ground and as close to the mangled corpses of the children she didn't even know the names of, hoping to trick the Ents into thinking she wasn't there while they moved toward those who were making a lot more noise and movements, She also made sure to avoid any fallen branches or roots, just in case. But with her shaking and slowly blurring vision, Kaila wasn't sure what was what anymore.

The small child could only hope she made it past the burning Ents with little to no damage as possible....and as little blood on her as possible. Just the smell of the wood and the freshly decaying meat and blood made her nose scrunch up in disgust. She also tried to make sure she kept sights on the seemingly more calm boy, but that wasn't too much of a concern. She already knew she would have to stop once she made it into a non-killing tree, unable to keep her vision clear and it fading in and out more often as her breathing picked up in her panic and distress.....maybe she should have stayed close to someone? She couldn't do this alone! She was scared! Scared and no longer feeling as if this was possible. Now she was just praying and hoping that she got past the rooted Ents so that she didn't die before seeing everyone again.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Tetro Tetro Ian Temero Ian Temero Lilliana2 Lilliana2

806ff7cdfbc256d0f949b3fde429c208--manga-girl-manga-anime.jpg
Lilly Peggy Falciani

Peggy had no clue what was going on. She hadn't for some time. All she knew was that she had been taken away from her sister by bad people. She'd stopped crying. She'd stopped days ago. There wasn't much point to it. Nothing was going to change. She'd just wait for her sister to find her and punish the bad people.

But something did change. The bad people came back and started pushing them out of the cells. She didn't fight back. They hurt her whenever she tried. She had a flask shoved into her hands and was led to a room with a lot of weapons. Peggy didn't understand why. Even as one of the bad men started talking, telling them what they were doing, she didn't pick one up. After all, Lilith had told her not touch things like that. And Lilith would would be upset with her if she did have one when she got there.

Then the bad men started pushing them again, this time towards some stairs. Yet again she didn't fight. She just followed the crowd. Some kids rushed ahead. Then there was screaming. It was scary. But she couldn't go back. The bad men wouldn't let her. So she kept climbing. Eventually she reached the top and saw the trees covered in red. Some boy said they should run, but that was dumb. How would Lilith find her if she ran? So Peggy sat down and waited, clutching her flask. She'd wait right here for Lilith to come find her. Because Lilith would come find her and rescue her. Lilith always did.

Lily DogwoodInteractions: Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays
Mentions: NeonFlow NeonFlow Ian Temero Ian Temero Tetro Tetro

Lily woke up on the cold ground with the lights out. She could hear people moving around and children talking amongst each other. Am I back in the orphanage? Have they decided to forgive me? She thought to herself as she sat up and looked around. This wasn’t the orphanage this looked like a prison maybe? Her eyes swelled with tears and she began to sob. First my mom left me, then the other orphans hated me. I was only stealing to eat? What did I do that was so wrong? She sat on the floor and cried as the doors opened and the kids were pushed out.

A guard picked Lily up by the back of her shirt thrust a flask in her hand and shoved her out the door to the ground. She scanned over the weapons, she’d never used one before so the swords, daggers and bows seemed useless to her. A spear in the hand of a corpse caught her attention she’d used brooms and long sticks as ways to defend herself from bullies and to help her steal maybe she could figure out how to work with this. She picked up the spear and looked around to see where other kids were going. Tears streamed down her fade as she watched in horror as other children were killed and being eaten. She sat frozen on the ground as she watched others being eaten when she saw the cat girl sneaking by the entes and decided to go ahead and follow her.

Lily got down as low as she could to the ground and began sneaking past the living trees. She’d snuck past a few of them when one managed to grab her by her hair. Lily screamed and grabbed the back of her hair closer to her scalp than the ent had her by. I have to pull myself together...I’m not dying like this! She stopped thrashing and pulled up her spear, moving her hand as close to the blade as she could get she used it like a dagger and sliced off her long white hair causing her to quickly fall to the ground. She landed on her stomach knocking the wind out of her. Her tears had stopped and she had managed to calm her breathing even though her body was still shaking.

She rushed forward staying low keeping her eyes on the cat girl. She quickly caught up to her and realized the girl was much younger than her and scared. I know how she’s feeling. I’ve been scared and felt alone too and this girl is much younger than me. I have to help. Lily gently placed a hand on her shoulder. ”I’ve been following you and staying low to the ground has worked so far. I’ll protect you just keep moving. It’s ok to be scared, but walk fast and don’t look back.”

Lily placed her hands on the ground and dug her fingers into the dirty. The grass around them began to quiver slightly. Normally making grass grow wasn’t difficult but she could barely focus on her ability as her heart raced and her body shook with fear. You will work. She focused with all she had in her and a grass tunnel slowly formed around them. It led back to where the other children where and ran up till it passed the other two children in front of the cat girl. She released the earth and collapsed onto her stomach once the tunnel was formed. Out of breath covered in sweat and shaking she gave the girl one finally gentle push.

”Go.” she said in almost a whisper. The tunnel wasn’t strong enough to defend the kids from the trees, but at least it gave them some coverage. She hoped that the cat girl would make it to the end and survive and that maybe her efforts could help those who were still behind them. She began crying and laid on the grass trying to muster up the energy to continue again. A trail of small white flowers led up to her body as she laid there face in the dirt and quietly sobbed.

Last edited:
Milicent watched as a few of the children went ahead after the first group, this time being much more careful. Before she could make her own move she noticed out of the corner of her eye a little girl sitting down, waiting. She couldn't leave the little one there, so she walked over to her, "Hey," she knelt down, "come with me, I'll take you somewhere safe alright? But you have to do exactly what I say. Do you see that tunnel over there?" She gestured to the one that had been made by one of the other children, "I want you to go through there, and stay really close to the ground. The mean trees will try to get you but I promise they won't as long as you stay low and stay behind the big kids. I'll be right behind you in case anything happens," she gave the little girl a smile, hoping she wouldn't have to try to convince her too much.

Milicent needed to work around the others. Most would never make it past the Ents unless she did something. She didn't like it, but Milicent knew she would have to get the attention of the trees to keep them off of the others.

Interactions: Ian Temero Ian Temero
Mentions: Lilliana2 Lilliana2

kids stayed frozen in fear within the stairwell to the dungeon, those being attacked however did anything to survive! A girl with a machete freed herself with a frenzy of hacks to the roots wrapping around her leg, rolling out of further harms way and rushing off out of view.
A boy who was about to be eaten burst desperately into flames, a small explosion echoed out sending a rumble down everybodys spine.... That boy ran off into the forrest engulfed in flames. Another called out to him "No they said go lef-"
A sly branch reached down to wrap around his neck and drag him closer to be chewed.

Wubrick like most of the rest was scared out of his mind. Only in drunken tales would his father speak of Terrorgores... To think the very vegetation in Carnageflora could become a monster like the beasts and insects... It became hard to breathe for various reasons. Fear, the amount of children stuffed into a narrow space with thirty more being pushed up with weapons. The sounds of everyone crying around him was probably the most crushing. Almost as loud as the crunching of eaten children via the scenery.

"Da.. Dalla... were gonna run to the left ok? Were gonna run real quick and your gonna swing that knife at anything that comes close to you ok?"
Wubrick was mature for his age but he to was still a child frozen with fear. Eyes watering and voice quivering as he noticed Dalla himself and others were getting pushed up out of the stairs. The guards below had forced the stragglers to continue upwards at sword point.

"we all have to run ok! We can do this! There's to many of us to give up and hide from monsters!!"
Tears welled up and rolled down his face but Wubrick faced those behind him screaming encouragement, if only to stop the pushing for a moment.
Facing the danger before them to survey the Terrorgores, roots came up from the ground so it's not only the branches to worry about, that fire the boy started is getting larger...

Wubrick and the others might notice that the burnt ent was dying in a thrashing manner, starting fires as it tried to put itself out. Other Ents had caught alight and the area was quickly turning into a wildfire
"run now!!"
Wubrick screamed at Dalla and they made a desperate rush towards the left to where a ent was standing still waiting. The two Shrouda boys barely made it, Wubrick pushed Dalla and they both fell out of reach as roots shot up from below them. It was as Wub pulled his cousin to his feet that a branch swung at them which they had no time to react to... Dalla unintentionally shielding Wubrick from a devastating swing with many thick and jagged points, the two land far from the Ents and fire. Dalla unable to stand or speak as blood spurted from various wounds, the boy dropped his knife trying to cry his last words.

Wubrick shook Dalla screaming his name for a good twenty seconds before he noticed others escaping, dying, fighting.. he couldn't sit still crying. He had to run to the left, that way promised survival. With adrenaline heartache and fear, Wub got to his feet before running for his life.

A extremely lucky few children safely escaped the Ents via a tunnel made of grass. Perhaps these particular monsters hadn't noticed because of the vegetation, it's hard to imagine a flesh and blood monster ignoring a sudden tunnel and disappearance of food.

If one stood still for to long, it's likely they are about to be eaten.
Monsters in varying but similar sizes to the trees could be seen in every direction. To run through safely would be impossible unless you had some genius plan or unworldly luck.

Wubrick usually assumed he had half of both but being stuck here might put his previous thoughts to rest quite easily. He couldn't do this alone, Shika and Dalla are dead... it's who has survived who will be the only help now, or enemies...

He ran towards the left.
Wub ran as fast as he could manage while avoiding spiders bigger then a dog that crawled beneath bushes and overhead on trees leaving webs to ensare prey.

The boy reached a small clearing which overlooked a monstrous swamp,
20200513_132454.jpg
Wubrick was lucky enough to find a machete in the ribcage of a freshly slain wolf. The horned wolves always hunt in packs, meaning someone got their weapon stuck while the rest mauled said unlucky victim. With the machete in his hand Wubrick backed into a tree to survey his surroundings... The blood is still wet on the soil, these beasts would still be close. Wubrick could hear movement all around him but couldn't determine what to do as he glanced each direction in panic. It could be a surviving person like him or a wolf that jumps into this small clearing overlooking the giant plants with jaws.
==========================
You can decide if you get hurt by the Ents or not but know I'll control enemies in a actual battle or state below like I am now if you can control shit.
Spiders and horned wolves are the main thing one would spot or fight once leaving the stairs and getting close enough to spot the piranha plants.
If your character came across a terrorgore spider or wolf they dead, so everyone's lucky so far the TGs have been stationary.

Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays Ian Temero Ian Temero Tetro Tetro Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Kaila was almost there, almost past the Ents, when this girl came from behind her. The Neko almost jumped right into the root of the Ent in front of her. She had to stop herself from hissing at the older girl who seemed to have taken it upon herself to guard her. Kaila couldn’t say she was a fan of that, but she also wouldn’t say that she wasn’t happy to have some sort of company. And the fact that the older girl could make grass tunnels was pretty handy too, though she doubted it would fool much else besides the giant man eating trees.
Kaila moves forward, still keeping low to the ground when she noticed she couldn’t hear the footfalls of the other girl...Did she say her name? Kaila couldn’t remember. Oh well. The small Neko looked back and saw that she was curled into a ball and there were...flowers? Well, alright then. She debated if she should just continue forward, like she was taught back home when they were faced with a dangerous, movement focused target; but also like back home, Kaila just couldn’t muster the courage and willpower it took to just abandon someone. So she crawled back to the sobbing girl and softly shook her.
“Hey....come on....get up!” She called softly, her small voice trembling and threatened the appearance of tears. The hands that shook the older girl were shaking like a leaf blowing in a rainstorm, and she held so tight to the fabric of this girl’s clothing that her knuckles were turning white. “We’re almost out!” She added, hoping that would motivate the fear stricken girl. And somewhere deep down, she was jealous of this girl, able to just let out her emotions like this. She wasn’t trained long, but she knew better than to break down.....even if she really wanted to.
As she was trying to get her unfortunate companion to keep moving, her ears twitched as she heard the boy from earlier yell a name. He sounded distressed, so she could only guess his friend didn’t make it. As she thought about it, her eyes did start to water, and she had to blink rapidly to avoid having them fall. She couldn’t cry. She couldn’t cry. She couldn’t cry. She couldn’t cry! She had to stay strong so that she could see her friends again! They had to be somewhere out there! There’s no way they also ended up as a madman’s plaything! Just the thought of her best friend kept her from crying, but she had to get out of this forest fast. She didn’t know how long it would take her before she eventually broke down like the older girl. And she also knew the boy from earlier was probably their best bet at surviving, so Kaila really wanted to follow him. And to do that, she needed the older girl to “MOVE!”

NeonFlow NeonFlow Ian Temero Ian Temero Tetro Tetro Lilliana2 Lilliana2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back