• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Streets of Pandemonium

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Fulmin, before he was The Stormsword which is on the hip of Ashtar's destroyer-form, or perhaps after (for time is strange in Hell), sat in the doorway of a Pandemonium tenement, smoking from his beloved pipe.

He had been bidden by the one who would become his master to wait, and so Fulmin waited, but he seethed for patience is not truly of his nature.

It happened then that Lorsvitha, who was a preacher of an obscure cult, saw Fulmin as he walked the street, and then leaned his towering form down to speak with him.

"Excuse me, worthy, but do you have time to talk about the Silver Crown?"

Fulmin did not move, saying: "I have only time. You will find me lacking in curiosity."

"We seek enlightenment by accumulation of silver crowns," Lorsvitha explained, resolute (and this is not the most foolish belief in Hell).

It occurred then to Fulmin that his new acquaintance had the look of a gladiator, and he stood to make an offer: a duel, and if Lorsvitha won, Fulmin would accept his preaching. Lorsvitha replied that he would not fight, but would defend himself.

"Well then," Fulmin said, cracking his knuckles of smoke and iron. "Do or die, my friend. Do or die!"

A flurry of blows was exchanged, for Fulmin would not yet draw his blade, and the ferocity of their blows rent the air and cracked the crystalline streets. But Lorsvitha was slow with lack of practice, and Fulmin easily grasped the great horns which crowned his head and dripped with molten silver, and tore the great tusked-head from the body.

When the explosions of the titanic corpse had stopped, leaving the street pitted and broken, and Fulmin felt the approval of Destruction-By-Rebirth from on high, he returned to his step, and sat, and lit his beloved pipe.

There would come another.

- Caelan-lan-Ashtar, On Ascent

The streets of Pandemonium go on for eternity, for neither time nor space are so meagre as to be consistent in this place. It is the axis on which all of Hell turns, the conjugation and melding of the Circles and the Demons who inhabit them. It is abode of Demons, yet even mere mortals might find status here if they are worthy. All times and peoples are reflected here, in the Ur-City. All things made possible. It is governed by seven principles, though each is fractured a thousand times a thousand and told differently, but one is engraved upon the base of the Perfected Spire in the eternal shadow of the Palace Infernal.

Defiance is Victory.

-------------------------------

This RP will focus on the struggles of Citizens of Pandemonium - whether Demon or mortal - to take and hold their place in the Infernal Hierarchy and the intrigues of the Demon City.

Will use a variation on the mechanics found in Crucible: Dark Age

To summarize my reaction to this:

Go-To-Hell-Grumpy-Cat.jpg

But with legitimate joy instead of grumpiness.

@Grey: What level of power would we be playing at? Is the setting within the same city to get more interactions/machinations going?

I am also in, and will reclaim Fulmin, if at all possible. I'll have him be a little bit more of an engine of change if that'll help.

Cirno said:
@Grey: What level of power would we be playing at? Is the setting within the same city to get more interactions/machinations going?
Rabble of Resonance 2, trying to earn Citizenship. And yes, all in Pandemonium, ideally all connected - whether through a more powerful Demon acting as patron, or an alliance of necessity.

Grey said:
Rabble of Resonance 2, trying to earn Citizenship. And yes, all in Pandemonium, ideally all connected - whether through a more powerful Demon acting as patron, or an alliance of necessity.
If that's the case, would I be better off choosing a new or different concept?

Since it's not like Reign can continue right now, you can feel free to just use a modified Fulmin.

Too many idears.

• Despite her attenuated appearance, Posarios moves with languid grace, her robes ever immaculate. Her hair billows gently behind it. Her eyes form fathomless pools, deep enough to draw attention away from her ghastly wide mouth.

Posarios is rarely compelled to go above a whisper though, gliding through the present on the path of least resistance. While she is not yet a citizen, she can navigate through the streets of Pandemonium as well as any, and offers to guide hapless travelers (demon or mortal). She names no price for her services, expecting fate has seen to it before or will see to it later.

I hate reading posts that sound interesting on my phone. Tenatively yes, and likely a full yea in a couple hours when i can properly read this.

I got bored and statted the bastard out with the new rules. He's basically a walking blender.

• Name: Fulmin

Epithets: -none-

Circle: Wrath

Domain: -none-

The smoke billows into the sky, its acrid depths so clotted with ash it is near tangible. It moves slowly, giving little heed to landscape around it, seeping past the things it cannot move. One would almost believe it to be a languid thing, until the white crack of searing lightning lances out of its depths, countless forked tongues crossing the sky in one thunderous crack.

Fulmin is this personified. A selfish, indolent creature, drifting through the Lower Realm, and exploding into quick bursts of furious brutality as the mood takes him. He cares for only his own interests, nursing a burning hunger for violence and competition within his lackadaisical exterior.

The Wrathling wears little save simple tattered robes and iron shod sandals, with a thin, guardless, curved sword at his hip. With hair long and unkempt, little more than wisps of smoke drifting past his shoulders, Fulmin looks every part the disaffected mercenary that he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
You look like your Familiarity and Knowledge are missing bonuses, but otherwise Fulmin is good.

Edited and fixed.

Fulmin's stats are purposely minmaxed. He's supposed to be this engine of shredding things, but he's also stupid, easily manipulated, relatively fragile, mistrustful and demeaning towards magic, and very unstable. I figured it works better if his stats reflected that. Also, what's Fulmin if not a southern drawling, quick drawing, ultra violent asshole, who exists mostly to get the story going (if not necessarily on track).

By the way, you didn't list Circle Attributes when you were laying out the new Gen rules in Anatomy of a Faery, so I used the old ones I found in the original To Reign in Hell, which for Wrath is Strength and Fitness.

Oh, and for folks reading, I can help generate characters, stats, and formatting for you too if you want.

I put everything in the Streets thread, too, bro. Mechanics and Sign-Up tabs.

Sorry, sorry! I keep getting dealt crazies at home. I skimmed the technical and need to sit and digest the mechanics properly. This weekend, I swears it.

Um...I'd hate to be That Guy, but could someone please provide an in-depth explanation regarding the cost and allocation of points toward skills in character gen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back