TV & Film Strangest film you've ever seen?

Let's see...for avant-garde films, there's La Jetée, Persona, and The Double Life of Veronique. Dancer in the Dark and Adaptation are more mainstream but they're pretty weird, too.

But I think the weirdest one I've seen in terms of the WTF-factor is a Cronenberg (of course) movie called eXistenZ, where these people play some really messed up virtual reality game with things like bellybutton-controllers and a gun made of human bones that shoots teeth instead of bullets. I definitely recommend it. : 3

the weirdest film that I ever saw was Adams Family and Adams Family Values and IT (i know it's not weird but, I hate clowns and sewers)

I recall that the most traumatizing movie I ever watched was Orphan. Basically, the synopsis is that a husband and wife who recently lost their baby adopt a 9 year-old girl who is not nearly as innocent as she claims to be, because she's actually like 30 or something and she's got like a disease that makes her look really young (kind of like Andy Milonakis). She kills like the majority of the family so she can have sex with the dad or something.

I'm now currently re-watching the movie to overcome my fear. Wish me luck.

I would say The Cabin in the Woods. I would hate to ruin it for anyone who has not seen it, which I highly recommend, because it is a very good horror film.

For anyone interested in discussing the film, please PM me.

Maximum Overdrive

I remember watching some of the film as a kid and had only just seen it recently. It's about a bunch of machines that come to life and start murdering people because they want fuel??

An anime film called Hells. Seriously, like wtf was even going on in that movie!? It's so strange and confusing that I couldn't give a synopsis if I wanted to. Even so, I loved it.
50303.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of these movies, if not all. I'd suggest most of them even if they are a little strange.

I think one of the weirdest movies I've seen is Let Me In. Something about it is just really odd to me. There's another one, but I can't remember the name of it and there's not enough information for me to go off of so I'll spare it for now.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Harold & Maude, Donnie Darko, & Heathers.

I'm not a big movie person in the first place. I'm just a simpleton who wants satisfying answers to everything. At least Heathers and Harold & Maude followed some sort of cohesive story.

Also, The Blair Witch Project gets an honorable mention.

A Zed & Two Noughts is the first one that sprang to mind. Maybe because it's been a long time since I've watched it.
Decomposing animals filmed in time-lapse. Threesome with an amputee. Snails.

Not as strange as Jam though. Which probably doesn't count because it's a TV show. Jury is out as to whether it's hilarious or disturbing.
But welcome, arrested for copying dogs, welcome in Jam.

Pathos. A short film where Earth is basically inhabitable and humans are kept in cells with a gigantic wire attached to their brains to make them dream of a happy life or something. However, they need to continuously pay the bigwigs handling it. Protagonist was an unnamed guy who kept getting his senses shut down as he failed to keep up with the payments. It was pretty haunting.

Borgman (2013). It was about a vagrant who manages to move in with a family and started to cause psychological hell for all of them. Supposedly a weird film about how the Devil can bring down pride or something. It was...interesting and unsettling.

Fantasia had a couple of weird shorts too. Night on Bald Mountain and Rite of Spring were a bit weird to me. Great scores though.

I feel like I'm about to break this topic xD here we go! How do I explain this? Urm... Imagine going to KFC and eating some rather dodgy chicken and then becoming some sort of chicken monster and then eating people. Yup..

poultrygeist6.jpg

Rocky Horror Picture Show, I was only about 6/7 when I was first shown it and even watching it now I still don't 100% understand everything (still a phenomenal film and musical though)

The 1977 Japanese horror comedy House, aka Hausu. Unfortunately the DVD I rented was damaged so I wasn't able to complete it but the movie is so surreal I thought some of the skipping was actually intentional until the playback froze up entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back