TV & Film Strangest film you've ever seen?

Not gonna lie, Cloverfield Lane. I was really expecting it to be like Cloverfield, and it wasn't that similar.
It’s not that strange considering it takes place in a different universe than the original Cloverfield. It’s explained in the third movie.

Honestly I barely remember it but I watched Tom a le Ferme with @Pine and I only know it was weird and we had no idea what was going on.

Mother! come out recently and was really weird too, especially to see with my dad, a lot of people thought it was amazing but honestly shock horror + a metaphor for Genesis and humanity isn't really that mind blowing? So it was kinda... eh.
I loved Mother! The message and metaphor to the Bible was so well done!

"The Nines"

I.. just.. don't get it.

To this day I have no idea what that freaking film is about.

There's a film called 'Primer', and it's so weird that someone made a diagram which explains it, and it's still weird.

This movie I LOVED when I was a kid called the The Ruby Princess Runs away. I think about it once a day and I honestly have no idea why I loved that creepy movie when I was a kid.

A movie called "She" she was released in 1982.
The plot is... what? The characters are... hu? Literally just a bunch of people on drugs trying to make a cohesive movie and failing.

Wikipedia Plot description said:
"Set 23 years after an event called "The Cancellation", the film follows Tom, whose sister is captured by a local tribe. He sets out to find and rescue her, while avoiding the dangerous tribes he encounters along the way. Sandahl Bergman plays "She", who ends up aiding Tom after he escapes from her. She decides to help after learning of a prophecy given to her by a local seer.
The heroes have to face a tutu-wearing giant, a psychic communist, toga-wearing werewolves, and mutants bandaged up like Egyptian mummies."

There's a film called 'Primer', and it's so weird that someone made a diagram which explains it, and it's still weird.
The amount of stress that movie put me though is unacceptable. The last time I read so many weird fan theories on the internet was when lost was a thing.

There's this weird German horror flick called "Goodnight Mommy" that really made me freak out. It wasn't especially scary, but the concept and the way it was shot gave me super weird vibes.

Also , I'm pretty sure the fact that the movie was in German added to the weirdness.

The Dark Crystal by Jim Henson and Frank Oz
It was truly strange, but the writers said there was too many details to fit into the movie itself.

A version of Alice in Wonderland that was technically a silent film with some narration over it, and the white rabbit was a taxidermy rabbit who kept eating sawdust and it fell through the slit in its stomach. Very industrial visuals and a big lack of color.

Hold up, what the fuck is Eraserhead. No pictures please lmao.

It was called "Reconstruction". It followed a life of a man that started to change drastically (his apartment literally going missing, his girlfriend not recognising him, etc.) after he met some sort of a writer. Seemed like the writer was thinking "what if" about the guy's life, and it was really happening with the main character. It was odd, and I didn't really get it, although I saw it twice.

Eraserhead.
Don't watch it. Seriously. I was 20 years old watching that movie and around 20 minutes in, I literally had to run away from my tv holding back screams. It was so weird, it was like some horrifying aversion therapy video except it had some kind of story going on and it was supposed to last 2 hours.
Don't ask what the story was, I just know it was there and it involved a horrifying horse-baby and a woman who lives in the father of the horse-baby's radiator heater. No, she's not the horse-baby's mother, but why does that matter? The movie is so weird it's scary.

This is coming from someone who is in love with 98% of everything that [adult swim] comes out with, by the way.

Totally agree with all the Eraserhead posts. I feel like it's one of those movies where if someone says they understand it, they're totally lying.

Also, Brazil. It's one of those films that went waaaay over budget but somehow turned into a weird, wonderful cult classic.

Oh, I just remembered another one.
Perfume: the story of a murderer

there's this autistic kid (up for debate; you watch that movie and you tell me. Somethings up with him) with a magic nose that can smell better than any other nose in existence who ends up working for this super successful perfume maker in, like, 1600s Italy(?) and runs away to make perfume by himself because he realizes that killing women and using part of them can make the most perfect perfume.

I don't feel bad about spoilers because you're gonna be curious how it gets to this point, anyhow, but I'm gonna warn you right now, spoilers. Weirdest ending ever.

At the end, he goes back to his hometown and all the poor peasants trying to steal apples and beg for money think he's an angel and so they eat him alive because... I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back