• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AlphaBlueWolf

Moonchaser
Roleplay Type(s)
So I recently got into Stranger things and finished binging all three seasons like a week ago. Absolutely love the show. Then I started getting an idea for an oc(probably not the most original but eh) and then a story surrounding her and now I figure it could be a fun idea to work with for an rp. So here we are!

For the sake of this rp lets just say that whatever happens in the fourth season ensues and then after Eleven closes the gate for good(or at least that's what the group thinks) and they all finally get on with their lives. They're all able to live normally and stuff and don't come into contact with any problems regarding the government or the upside down. Our rp will be set years from the canon events of Stranger Things. If you'd like to keep the elements of past technology then we can set it closer to the time of Stranger Things. Just at least like 13 years or so from the current year in Stranger Things. I believe that its the summer of 1985 in season three so it'd have to be somewhere between the late 90's and early 2000's if you'd like to go for past technology and how it was for kids back then. If not then we could also go the modern route and set it in present day. Really up to you. All I ask is that we don't include anything with canon characters. Purely ocs in our rp.

Alright, now with that out of the way, lets get down into the nitty gritty of the actual plot I have in mind. So, the rp will take place in the town of [redacted] (We'll figure this out based on what you want. We can set our rp in Hawkins or in a town of our own making). Based on the events of everything that has happened with the upside down, the US government has kept their eye on sites where the gate has been opened before. There are no traces of the gate, considering it was shut for good some time ago, but they still want to be sure it won't resurface again. This leads to the government forming and training a specialized task force that are meant to deal with the upside down in case of a gate opening. Somehow(we can decide how exactly it happens) a gate reopens and the monsters of the upside down come through. The task force tries to deal with it as best they can and succeed to an extent. They keep the Demogorgons at bay and don't let them get out of the facility and into the town. Though, it becomes apparent very quick that regular humans don't possess the power to kill the Demogorgons and close the gate. The US government had once before created superpowered humans and knew of a girl with telekinetic powers who had closed the gate once before. (This would be the only instance that we would ever mention any canon character). They didn't know where the girl was and had made an agreement not to go after her as well as not having the resources to search her out and ask for her help. They figured for now that they would take the time to research and try to understand the upside down while also beginning a project to close the gate.

This project was known as Project Calypso. The goal was to create superpowered soldiers who could close the gate before things got out of hand. They were trying to both replicate what they had done before with the telekinesis but also tried out serums designed to give pyrokinetic powers. They knew of the Demongorgons not liking fire or heat and thought it would also be good to have people with those types of powers. They never ended up succeeding with those adult soldiers and went back to the drawing board.

Meanwhile, one of the scientists working on Project Calypso and the head of the mobile task force were beginning to form a relationship with each other. They bonded over work and shared interests and talked shop about how they'd be able to create a superpowered human. They realized they'd most likely have to do it with a developing fetus given how the first child was born with telekinesis. While the head of the task force was looking for someone to sign up for the position of being the carrier of such child, the scientist realized she was pregnant with his baby. She ended up injecting herself with the trial serum without approval from the higher ups or even telling the father of this decision. The child(my character) was born with pyrokinesis, the ability to control fire. She was taken away by the government and they stopped trying to make superpowered humans. They focused on the aging and training of this child to close the gate and destroy the Demogorgons.

The scientist tried everything she could to get her child back, even going to the father and asking him for help. But, going into the upside down and watching his comrades die one by one had changed him. He became hardened and only focused on the mission. He viewed his own child as a powerful weapon and opportunity for the closing of the gate. He refused to help her and became the lead director of the training of the child. The scientist, facing the wrath of the higher ups for her decision, decided to go into hiding until she could some how get her child back.

The child spent her whole life in the facility only training for one goal. She became a sort of super soldier, trained to ruthlessly kill anything that stood in her path. Though, using her powers for the closing of the gate proved to be a difficult task for her and was never accomplished. Her father told her she would be making everyone proud by closing it and that they'd let her go outside and give her better food and toys. She tried desperately, wanting to make her father proud, but in the end couldn't. They were told by the higher ups to lock her up and put her through not stop training until she could do it.

One day, she was somehow able to get out(again something we can decide on how it happens. Maybe a system malfunction or someone from the inside helping her to get out). She runs out and is able to make her way to the town. There she meets a group of kids who end up helping her and hide her from the lab. I'm thinking maybe a group of four kids and we each take two to roleplay. We could also do a group of three and you take two and I'll take one. I have my main being the lab kid so in the end we'd both be playing two kids that way. We can discuss that. The group ends up calling her Calypso, because the project name was written on her hospital gown, and start to understand what's really going on behind the curtains. Your main would probably be one of the group. Maybe the one who hides her at their house and they start forming a deeper bond. Sort of like Eleven and Mike but without the romantic stuff if you don't want it. I guess in a way It'll diverge into a similar plot to the canon of Stranger Things. The group hiding the lab kid from the government who'd be desperately trying to get her back considering she's the one whos been keeping the upside down at bay with her powers until she could fully close the gate. They'd teach her stuff about the outside world and learn about where she came from, what the government has done to her, and about the upside down and the monsters that come from it. We could add in extra things though like the group learning about Calypso's mother and trying to reunite them and then also closing the gate. Maybe a Demogorgon got out and is terrorizing the town. Another thing we can discuss.

So rules now!
- I'm a minor so I'd prefer you to be as well.
- I'd like a response once a day at minimum. I'll try to do so myself and most of the time I can, but school's been tiring lately so I might not respond too quickly. I just need to get my footing back with going in person and then I'll definitely be at my A game again.
- One paragraph response please. More would be great too. I'm not super strict when it comes to this, but just give me stuff to work with
- Be able to plot with me.
- Please no ghosting. If you lose interest or can't respond for a period of time then tell me. I'll do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back