• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Steampunk/Supernatural Military School (always open)

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
It's 1801. The world relies on a mixture of magic and steampunk technology. While there are many supernatural races like fairies, merfolk, werewolves, vampires and wizard/witches. The world has never been divided the way it has before. The Darwinians propose that magic should be the only science practiced while the Teslians disagree that technology has no limits. You're all students trying to get by in the worlds biggest schoolhouse. But the twist is that the school is a military school. You all are active combatants for the war between sides. But your school has remained neutral long enough. Soon enough the sides will force the school to pick a side. How will the relationships between the students, the differing ideals and races all deal with it when the time comes? (I'm stealing some elements from valkyria chronicles here)

Probably will include things like romance though. I was hoping for this to be abit more visceral than a lot of the school RPs tend to be.
I really want Day/Night Cycles with an Engaging plot and the school and even the world to be affected by ingame decisions. Events would probably even take students offcampus often.
Things like racial racism between races, romantic subplots, school ranking systems. The game eventually would get darker and more serious and reach the inevitable school taking a side, hearts broken, friendships broken, cry your hearts out or whatever because things won't end a happy ending.

Mostly the first big part of the plot was to uncover a mystery of disappearing upperclassmen and a secret club/organization.
I want this to feel very 1800s, 1800s clothing, 1800s language, etc.
I do want help though. This is a level of RP engagement that I couldn't do alone and would need appointed mods. I'd love to keep this onsite, but if possible I would also like to use a fanmade forum for rooms, classes, etc which would give me more freedom, but we could try to use RPnation

Sounds interesting although i do have a few question, the big 2 being do we get to choose a race and are we limited to tech or magic or can we use a mix of both

Sounds interesting although i do have a few question, the big 2 being do we get to choose a race and are we limited to tech or magic or can we use a mix of both
I'm open on races. I'm generally thinking that the area the school exists in is currently neutral and both tech and magic will be allowed there.
I'm open to suggestions on races or anything else.

I'm debating whether it is a civil war that occurs in 1 country or a country vs country war. In which it'd probably be spain vs france or USA vs Britain I think.
Or some other countries with a real life war history. I'm kinda aiming to base this on an alternate history where steampunk, magic and supernatural races exist but much of the world is the same as in real life.

I am kinda busy over the holidays so this isn't gonna start till after the holidays but we can discuss lore or plot ideas or any questions for now.

Okay I've made massive revisions and have started on the Lore. Firstly, I'm afraid I'm going to limit the races.
Humans, Werewolves, Vampires, Fairies and Merfolk will be the five primary races, additional races are on a case by case basis but I'd prefer if we limit the amount of additional accepted ones, so that most people will be the five primary races.

Fantasy - Masquerade Military School <---Lore
Fantasy - Masquerade Military School CS <-----Character Sheets.

I'd like to open the doors to anyone else who wants to join.
This won't be some cheery highschool, you're going to be military cadets and treated as such. However there will be time for slice of lifey stuff.

I posted a character sheet, this looks really interesting so I hope we get enough people to get it going!

I was also wondering if we want to use a different race if you'd like it to be discussed in Dm's or do we just make the character and afterwards you swoop in and tell us whether or not it is alright. I just wanted a bit of clarifications on that.

Jean Otus Jean Otus the CS is at post #10.
Beebasaur Beebasaur What race did you want specifically?

I was thinking like wood sprites, fire sprites things like that. Creatures that while magical like faes are more elemental and often either made of their element or deeply connected to it. I was planning on doing a sort of wood or water sprite.

Would you rather us use first or third person point of views?
I don't have a preference. Aslong as we're keeping in the spirit of the setting, I think that's enough.

I'd also like to announce that I will continue to expand upon the lore. I really enjoy writing it. I will not change anything current, only expand upon the reasoning of certain things. I currently wrote more about Charles Darwin, in this universe who was the reason that some think that merfolk and humans may be related. Something I already mentioned in the races lore.

I'm certainly interested by this, I'll write up a bio when I get home from work this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back