• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Steam/Dieselpunk Dystopia, but based on Latin America

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
See title. Doing a tentative interest check for a setting that's been swirling around in my head for about a year.

Take your bog standard dystopian cyberpunk city, but give it the general tech level and time period of Full Metal Alchemist, which is around the 1900s, 1910s. Add in the Eridium from Borderlands, but label it as magic oil/coal to avoid tariffs. Go on Wikipedia and get sucked down the rabbit hole of ecological disasters. Politely borrow Haku and the river spirit from Spirited Away for perfectly innocuous reasons that doesn't foreshadow anything.

Now, brush up on your Spanish because this whole mess is in a fictional, fantastical Latin America inspired country; because Britain can suck it and I'm not interested in a Weird West RP right now, and also why not? Like, how many RPs do you see that take place outside of USA/Europe/Japan/Korea?

And since we've various punk genres and also invoked modern(ish) South America history, we are absolutely going to need corrupt corporations, a history of violent colonization, and tension between local and imported religions.

SOMEHOW, this will coalesce into a coherent setting where we will rage against the machine and dismantle unjust institutions, ideally in a final battle that involves a monster that suspiciously resembles Hexxus of Fergully.

But again, tariffs.

HOPEFULLY, there are some people reading this who would also be interested in offering constructive critique so that the whole thing doesn't devolve into "haha banana republic" and other uncomfortably racist tropes.

Oh man, this sounds amazing. The setting, the time period, all of it.

Gentle bump. I don't think I did the RP description justice, alas. I'll have to go back and clean it up and make it more straightforward.

I'm glad people are interested! I need to work out some details, but I'll get threads up in a day or two to start adding info.

Well shit, I really do have to make a thread now. I'm not the best at organizing my thoughts, so feel free to ask questions.

Jannah Jannah MythyDW MythyDW Lemon Boy Lemon Boy Zahzi Zahzi wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Illusionna Illusionna vampire_smile vampire_smile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back