• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Steam and Sand: Steampunk Wild West

Chesco smirks as he slowly advances. "You're something of a one-in-a-million odds, sport. I'd thought horses were being retired from labor what with dinosaur domestication being as common as it is." He then eyes Delsin's getup. "Then again, looking at you, the word 'Anachronism' is like a one-word definition." The salesman seems satisfied with his statement before hastily adding in, "No offense."

@inFamousCheese

Jewel Archer

"I've preferred horses as mounts, too, but I think it's pretty neat examining dinosaurs. They're full of mysteries." Jewel tilted the reins so Sterling would turn. They were kind of separating from the group and they needed to return. She gazed around at the group members. She'd need to get to know them, and deal with them, soon. She turned back to the samurai guy. "The name's Jewel Archer, hunter and explorer. What's your's samurai cowboy?"

"Doctor, please hold the reins, I need to dig out my binoculars." Agnes literally pushed the reins into Al's hands before turning to the back of her wagon and digging through her items. After tossing out a few off books, pens, boxes of god-knows-what and dried dinosaur bones she finally found small portable binoculars with which she straightened back on her wagon, peering though to spot the species up ahead.

Dinosaur enthusiast barely concealed a squeal of delight upon seeing the herd. "It's a herd of Camptosaurus, I'm pretty sure! They're omnivores, but that's no reason to be alarmed. They don't seem to have and babies with them, so unless we startle them, they shouldn't be aggressive. However if they go after us, we should open fire immediately. These pretties can run up to 15mph so there's no way we can escape them."

As the group approached them the small herd of Camptosaurus seemed startled by the newcomers. The giant lizards lifted their heads and inspected the off expedition from afar, refusing to move from their grazing spot.

@Alushey @anyoneleseaswell

Al held on to the reins while listening to Agnes. "Camptosaurus? Huh never seen one up close but read about them in books. Hopefully we don't have to kill them I rather not kill such a magnificent creature (Sigh) But if we must I will try my best to protect myself." He said as he looked at his pistol. As they were getting closer they looked up and didn't seem inclined to move. "Um? Agnes they don't seem like there goanna move. You think they might charge?" He asked as he looked towards Agnes.

@Sora

"Ma'am May I inquire as to what dinosaur taste like" Johnathan had placed his map into his bag and was now looking at the far off herds of camptosaurus wondering whether their meat would be tender or tough. Though his fantsies of eating dinosaur was quickly interrupted by the sight of them approaching their caravan which prompted him to draw his saber despite the fact he knew it wouldn't do much against creatures that large.

"Hmm perhaps if they get closer we may just find out."

Al decided to answer him since his mother was a hunter and cooked it many times "My mother was a hunter and she would prepare me and my father some for supper and I can tell you it is delicious, but never had any thing that size. But my ma has and she says it can be pretty tough for some of the species or if your a armature cook but if you do it right it practically slips off the bone. Al said to the man trying to pull him into a three way conversation. He then saw the man pull out a saber. "Your not goanna use that on the dinosaurs are you Mr.? Looks at the list of the expedition members McCullin. Wouldn't want you to get hurt this early in the journey. Names Al by the way.

@Aughto von realname

Last edited by a moderator:

Jewel Archer

"Ooo, Camptosaurus, you say? My dad and I ran into a few of these fellas before he passed. Pretty neat, I'll say." She gazed at them from the distance. She thought about having one of these as a mount, but decided against it. Jewel squinted to try and see them beautiful. They certainly were beautiful. She reached for her long Vibro-Glaive which was on her back. She didn't want to hurt them, but she would have to if they attacked. She was better with her melee rather than using guns due to being quick. Jewel could just hop off Sterling and race to the Camptosaurus and attack. Easy.

"Alright, let's keep an eye on 'em. They don't look too hostile yet."

Agnes eyed Johnatan's weapon of choice with obvious worry. "Mr. Mc Cullin please use this instead for now." She said, handing him her scoped revolver.

"As for how a dinosaur tastes - they can very good, but their meat takes a while to cook."

"Doctor please keep the cart steady. Don't worry, Para is well behaved dinosaur, just lead him like you would a horse." Young scientist said, strapping the sniper rifle off of her back and steadying herself as well as she could on a moving caravan. She peered through the scope, targeting the nearest Camptosaurus, but keeping her finger off the trigger.

"Okay team - apparently we entered their territory. With them on the path we can't really avoid them, so I'll have Para signal them to move. This can go two ways. We will either frighten them enough to move or they'll be defensive. We can't risk our safety - as much as I hate killing dinosaurs just because we must, do shoot if they charge." Agnes tried to swallow, find her mouth to be unusually dry. Dinosaurs such as this weren't usually hostile unless you walked spot-into their land. Still, the group must have seemed large enough to frighten them by now. Best option would be to avoid them, but the terrain around would be anything but pleasant to trek through. Plus after waiting at the outpost for everyone to assemble for ungodly amount of time, they didn't quite have the time luxury of wasting any more.

"Para, intimidate!"

A deep booming sound emitted from the Parasaurolophus.

@Alushey @Aughto von realname

"Ah Your a saint miss wright" Johnathan graciously accepted the scoped revolver which seemed to be in much better condition than his own gun. Johnathan then checked the caliber of the gun given to him by Ms.Wright in hopes that they were the same caliber of bullets which sadly wasn't the case.

"Oh and pleased to meet you Al, Call me John makes me feel rather old getting called mister." Johnathan briefly waved his hands at Al then returned his focus back at the Camptosaurus.

" Also how many of you have killed dinosaurs before." He cocked back the hammer of the revolver then trained the barrel of the gun at one of heads of the Camptosaurus which proved to be challenging as both the cart and his target seemed to be moving away from each other.

Mark

Mark saw what was going on and rode in to help. He jumped off of his allosaurus and yelled, "AL! PREDATOR!" The allosaurus roared at one of the camptosaurs and began running at it. Meanwhile, Mark began firing his gun at a rapid speed. One camptosaurus started getting riddled with bullet holes.

Rex's raptor licked his lips as he watched the camptosaurus. "Mark I don't think they are hostile. They're just plant eater." Rex yelled to mark when mark charged at the camptosaurus. Rex had his hand on his sword and tight hold on the his raptor in case the dinosaurs get hostile.

@Fishman Lord

ChazGhost said:
Rex's raptor licked his lips as he watched the camptosaurus. "Mark those arn't predators. They're plant eater." Rex yelled to mark when mark charged at the camptosaurus. Rex had his hand on his sword and tight hold on the his raptor in case the dinosaurs get hostile.
@Fishman Lord
(No, I was commanding my dinosaur to be a predator, not that they were predators)

The sight of that Allosaurus charging scares poor Chesco and he pulls the trigger on his rifle. The shot seems to go wide, as all it does is alarm everything.

As accusatory glares (possibly) start piling on, the shooter defends himself, "Th-that thing startled me, alright? My dad once tried to get an Allosaurus into the circus! Only stopped after it ate three of the handlers..."

@Fishman Lord @whoever else cares

"It used to be a weekend sport for me and my father..." Agnes murmured as a reply to Johnatan's while keeping a steady aim.

A groan escaped her lips when she saw Mark firing at the dinosaurs. Soon enough the herd responded. Apparently there were two males and four females in it as four of the dinosaurs blocking their path made a bee line away from them, scattering if fear of two large predators they saw approaching, as well as a mass of people. One of the males took several shots from Mark and was focusing mostly on him and his allosaurus while the other one charged at the group.

Chesco fiting his gun at nothing did anything but help the situation. The two males were clearly pissed and ready to defend their herd by now. "Chesco you fucking twat keep your nerves under control!" Agnes barked at the man with little to no self-awareness of out of control her own nerves were getting.

"Two males are protecting the females. Let those four go and take down these two. They're aggresive - be careful!" Agnes shouted before taking a shaky shot at the camptosaurus nearing the group, aiming for his throat.

@That One Bruvva @Fishman Lord @Aughto von realname @anyoneelse

"Everyone's a critic these days...!"

That shot was terrible, even by his standards. He grabs another cartridge and loads it in with a sense of wounded pride. He takes another look at the scope to find a sweet spot. The next time he fires, he scores a hit on the knee of one of the oncoming Camptosaurs, sending it tumbling to the floor. This shot's more worthy of celebration.

@Sora @anyoneelse

Gravedigger

Gravedigger hangs to the back of the group, as he is, unfortunately, the only or one of the few people that didn't pack a firearm. Heck, why would he? He was useless with them. You could put a tin can 10 feet in front of him, and on a good day you could get a 50-50 chance of hitting it from him. Instead, he chose to stick to what he knew, slightly panicking inside. "So, uhh, are we going to be okay yet?"

Al pulled out his pistol then said "Just being formal my good man and don't worry from the list it seems your nine years younger than I." Then he looked at the beasts. "I'm sorry for this." He said as he aimed and fired his pistol towards the creatures. "As for you question yes but it was nothing quiet like this though just a few raptors and even then my mother and her friends helped me. How about you John You kill one before? If so hope it was for self defense." He asked John while firing another shot towards the chargers.

@Aughto von realname

Katya was watching from above. Slowly her eyes narrowed as she watched them open fire on the dinosaurs. The assassin disliked this, to prevent them from killing the whole herd she swooped down halting the fire from the team and rolled off of Rin running towards had been shot in the knee. Approaching slowly she reached a hand out, and slowly her finger tips touched the snout of the beast, "what have you done...?" The Russian couldn't understand why they'd open fire on such gental herbivores.

@Everyone

Agnes's shot missed the dinosaur, only grazing its scales. The lizard upon being shot in the knee as well was fairly agitated by now and showed open hostility towards its surroundings.

"Get the fuck away from him! These are agitated males!" Agnes screamed towards Katya. The scientist could understand that opening fire on this herd wasn't the ideal solution, but they weren't exactly dealing with dinosaurs that would just let them walk by if they trotted straight into their herd. Although primarily herbivores, these guys actually had omnivorous diet and while not being the largest, were big enough to bite human's hand clean off. Agnes pulled the sniper rifle's scope back to her eyes, ready to fire in case the Camptosauros who was currently on the ground after being shot by Chesco decided to take a bite out of Katya.

The dinosaur at the Russian woman in distress, attempting to back away from her while baring his teeth in menacing fashion. Agnes started reloading her gun with sedatives. At least she could spare this dinosaur a merciful death. She just hoped things would go smoothy with Mark and the other one.

Katya smiled softly at the beast despite its growling. Rin was once feral like this one and Kat couldn't help the upturning of her lips. The omnivore seemed the be afraid of her until she reached into the leather bag that hung by her waste and pulled out something wrapped in white paper. The dinosaur seemed to become interested at what she had in her hands and upon unrolling it changed its emotions quickly. It was a large raw joint of beef that would've been for Rin, but she could spare this. The beast was quick to snatch it up from the sand as she set it down, however it once again backed away but did not growl. "Lower your gun, Agnes." This was odd behaviour from an assassin.

Jewel Archer

"WHAT ON EARTH JUST HAPPENED?" Jewel glanced around. All of a sudden they had opened fire on them and the assassin did something with one of them. She lowered her Double Barrel Shotgun, blinking while gazing at the crowd. Sterling, luckily, kept calm, only fidgeting a little. Jewel turned to the female assassin with a face full of utter confusion.

"Amazing. That was amazing comrade."Rex said taking his hand of his swords hilt and started clapping his hands for what katya. "I've only seen a few people calm a dinosaur that quickly. You have a talent" Rex added still impressed.

@JustCallMeAimee

Chesco peers over to the shifty Gravedigger.

"Good news, I don't think they're gonna be bothering us," he admits. "Bad news, we should probably get moving as soon as that Russian gets away from the potential aggressor."

He takes another look at Katya. "I'll admit, I wasn't expecting this sort of sympathy. I was just happy with crippling it. Even if we didn't bag it, someone would be having dinner."

@Sizniche

Agnes sighed and lowered her gun. She stopped Para and hopped off of the caravan, rifle still in hand. She walked over to Katya and the wounded dinosaur, who was now chewing on the meat she gave him, his panicked eyes still flickering from one person to another.

"Listen Katya..." The weight of the situation actually made Agnes forget about addressing everyone by their last names, as she simply went with the situation. It stung to know that she had been partially at fault for the death of one if not possibly two dinosaurs that could have been avoided and she couldn't help but to also feel a blow to her pride as a dinosaur expert after seeing a simple assasin clam a dinosaur in a way she couldn't.

"What you just did is impressive and I do agree that we should have avoided the herd." Agnes was tempted to shoot an icy glare in Chesco and Mark's direction, but instead kept her eyes focused on the wounded creature in front of them.

"But what do you suppose we do now? He took a clean shot to the knee. Even though I technically know how to mend it, it would take weeks if not months for this to heal - we can't stay here with him or take him with us. I could do what I can and leave him here... but an omnivore with a limp won't last longer than a few days, not to mention possible infections. The only option left after that if merciful euthanasia." The scientist finished her reply in a shaky voice, lit a cigarette and took in a few nerve-claming breaths.

"Plus, Chesco has a point. Unless we want to tavel in the dark, we should get moving."

@JustCallMeAimee @That One Bruvva

It seemed that Katya was not listening to Agnes. The area around them fell silent and she closed her eyes for a long moment before slowly opening them, they were suddenly empty and hollow. The woman produced a gun, expertly clicked the safety off and shot the omnivore in the head. It was a quick and painless shot. Slowly Kat got up out of the sand, "these beasts...they weren't protecting just the females. But their eggs." She pointed forwards at a series of hardly noticeable dips in the sound that seemed to be empty, but underneath expertly piled sand would've been white teardrop shaped eggs. "Not only will this dinosaur die but it's possible that those will to," she did not look at Agnes as she turned around.

Turning Kat spoke again and it was clear Agnes made the wrong choice in mentioning Chesco, "you're just happy with crippling it?" She asked tilting her head slowly, "there was no need for such...crule ways." She was completely calm but anger was visible in her eyes, "your aim is der'mo (shit), where you shot this beast severed multiple nerves and an artery." She scowled suddenly, "you won't have slightly crippled the poor thing which is beyond monstrous...with or with out care this animal would've bleed because you're a prick." Suddenly she raised the gun in her hand, "if you're not careful Chesco you'll learn what a well aimed shot feels like." Lowering the weapon Kat made a low clicking noise in her throat and Rin swooped down allowing her to climb on. "Rin was feral once, all dinosaurs were feral once. Remember that."'

@Sora @That One Bruvva

Users who are viewing this thread

Back