• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Starship bounties. (Rp)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
“This is Adem speaking, we are now exiting FTL speeds. I want the landing party to load the shuttle and be ready to deliver in the next twenty minutes” Sixx Adem sat at the flight controls next to Grayson, happy with the time they were making...

Blue green and red were running about the 87‘s four levels or decks if you prefer. Taking inventory on what’s needed.
The first level consisting of the captain’s space as well as the crew’s quarters, bathroom, kitchen etc.

The second level being the bridge or the command deck. The Flight controls being the main draw here, however the won-87’s plasma cannons are accessed on this level, as well as the bio lab and research station being located here to.
(As no research is really ever needed to be done Volc has occupied these two rooms for his own purposes...)

The third level is the engineer deck, housing the 87’s drive core and other technical wonders that allows for space travel and whatnot.

The fourth level is the hangar, which has three X wings and a shuttle.

Volc was waiting to hit normal speeds to do just as the captain said. It had been to long since visiting a space station, especially with primarily humans in charge, a quick delivery... a browse of the weapons and goods before looking for some strange to tame. Volc Adem was pleased as punch as he proceeded to the elevator. Descending to the hangar he couldn’t help but wonder who would join him....

Jovi might come along... she’s gotta have something she wants to find... besides a vantage point. BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02

Kiro probably doesn’t want to go, it’s easy to tell he hates crowds... though he probably wants to buy something. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Tac and Yarul will definitely be coming, they wouldn’t pass on a chance to get a new weapon or three. HotshotXXV HotshotXXV Quados Quados

Jillian phoren and Bert probably won’t go... not like phoren or Bert want to get paid anyway... maybe Jilly will come for a drink with me... BackSet BackSet Computing Magus Computing Magus Epicyon Epicyon

Volc smirked and sighed. Friendly as she Is I don’t think she’s interested in that way.

Reaching the hangar the elevator doors open without a sound sliding open. Volc walked toward his locker to get changed. Leaving the bare minimum of clothes on before getting into his Armour.
Making sure his hard light sword and guns were equipped but not overtly showing. No need to walk around like a space cowboy...
With everything peachy Volc went to load the shuttle with what they were delivering.

A decent sized container... thick steel... DO NOT OPEN written in many languages across the entire metal cube. Swear I’ve heard it ticking before....
either way, it needs some equipment to move, not even Yarul could carry this sucker.

Last edited:
A calm voice spoke up as a large man with gold eyes walked out of the shuttle. "Yarul will be along with the grav mover in a moment. The shuttle check is complete: fuel, shields, and weaponry all check out." The large man looked down at the second in command. Tacitus was a soldier through and through, but a calm one. Always noble and respectful, he often took point on warfare operations with the Rush crew, due to his experience in several militaries. His weapons were magnetically attached to his EVA suit, as he glanced around the room. "So, how much is this shipment supposed to get us for? I assume the captain will be asking for a raise, due to all the trouble that it took for us to retrieve this package." His mind flashed back to the space station that they had found the package at. There had been several unusual hostiles, some kind of insectoid horde that had overrun the station. He still thought that the Captain hadn't had the best intel, but luckily, everything worked out to their favor.

Tac stroked his long braided beard several times, and put his large hand on the package, glancing at Volc. "Volc. I know your father likes to play things close to his chest, and you know I respect that. But this..." His eyes slowly studied the large metal box. "This seems dangerous. What is it exactly that we are transporting?"

Volc shrugged at tac’s Question and asked his own “you think Sixx actually tells me any of his real plans? He took this deal over the hologram, said the federation was paying for it.”

Strange indeed as the station they recovered said package was under attack. This metal container was the only thing the insectoid creeps didn’t touch.

“Sixx said they paid half in advance, giving us all 500 units each already. Once they sign off on it we should get 500 more once he takes the 87’s cut. That’s what he said though so don’t hold me on it”
Volc looked at the box while scratching at his beard.

“I’d say it’s a weapon of some kind... dunno what sort though..”
Volc looked up at tac to give his thoughts on the subject.

“What gets me is why the federation didn’t pick it up themselves... they have the man power, the spare ships...”

As tac and Volc waited for Yarul the box made that low subtle ticking sound again.
Opening it would mean losing half the payment. Going from the captains words..

“it’s a volatile substance that needs to be opened in a stable environment, this hangar where we keep cargo, is not a stable environment.
It stays closed.”

Last edited:
Tac sighed and shook his head. "Well. Keep your guard up. There's a reason that Space Station was being attacked." He stepped away from the box and pulled out his water flash, taking a large gulp of water. Checking his hydration levels on his EVA suit, he winced, mentally chiding himself for letting his hydration levels get so low. "I'm sure Phoren and Jillian would love to get a look at it." He glanced back at Vulc. "But like the Captain said, "It stays closed." He changed his voice to slightly imitate Sixx's. "Let's just hope we don't get caught with it. I'm sure it's probably not legal to contain. You notice that the station we lifted it from was unmarked? Probably a private corporation's research facility." He thought for a moment. "Bloody damn. It better not be a bioweapon." His voice, deep, calm, and similar to the ancient British accent, growled for a second, a flash of anger racing across his golden eyes. "There's a reason those are illegal."

Yarul enters the Hangar with the grav mover. He has a big smile on his face as he sees Volc and Tac. "Ah, my friends, a good morning we have, right? Walking in a giant Tincan, surrounded by a cold, oxygen free void, with a container with something in it that even scared away insectoid... And I didn't even had breakfast." He laughs and put his hand on Tucs shoulder. "So we still don't know what is inside? It gives me the creeps."

Another subtle ticking sound and Yarul took a big step back. "Gr'naan, this can't be right, I hope captain knows what he is doing."

Jilian Grace
Won-87, Hangar
(that's the ship's name, right?)

Jilian entered the hangar carrying a couple of brown paper bags. She had no intention of leaving the ship, of course, but she figured she could at least see off the group that was going. And to give them some snacks for the proverbial road. She had been practicing her cooking. She hadn't blown up the kitchen this time so she figured the food must be edible.

"Hey guys!" She waved at her crewmates. "I assume you guys are getting ready to go?" She paused and then looked at the box. "We know what's in there yet?"

NeonFlow NeonFlow Quados Quados HotshotXXV HotshotXXV

Volc was about to continue in his speculation of How the box would be their downfall, when Jillian and Kiro entered the discussion. Not really but still.
Taking the grav mover from Yarul Volc loaded the shuttle with the cargo, Sixx was heard over the speakers again.

“We arrive at H.O.S3 in twenty minutes. Red and green will be joining the shuttle party, ask if they need assistance, you know how they are they won’t bother you even if they need the help.”
(Hos3 = human operated space station #3)

Parking the grav mover and stepping into the shuttle to sit in the pilots seat. Volc shouted out to those in the hangar... “honestly I think we should all put money towards one of those Auto-doc pods. Doubt we will ever find a proper doctor”
With the cargo at the back of the shuttle that ticking sound was ignored.
“That and I’m gonna buy some more ingredients for the bio lab.” The homebrew Volc makes is fit for human consumption, it’s just not recommended.

The two greys in their uniform, red and green silently made their way to the shuttle.
‘Greetings’ a telepathic voice sounded off in each person’s head.
The two sat next to and beside Volc in the shuttle.
‘Young Adem, do you still inquire to learn of the chemical recipe of...’
“Yes” the man scolded quietly. “don’t think it to loudly now”

The party would depart soon. It’s implied all who are going should be covertly armed In case of emergency.

BackSet BackSet The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02 HotshotXXV HotshotXXV Quados Quados

Yarul turns to Jilian. "Breakfast? Oh my friend, you are lifesaver." He takes one bag of food and breaths once in Jilians face, this is how Kuvvans great each other.

He starts to eat his food and his ears twitch as he hears Kiro. "Friend, as you see, I'm not Cat, neither are other friends, they would be cute as cat but they aren't, so we are allowed to wonder." He start stomping to the Hangar exit and looks at his LMG. "Brunhilde needs fixing. Do the Humans have good weapon shop?" He looks thru the Hanger in hope of an answer.

Tac internally cringed as he saw Jilian enter with a bag of snacks, but remained stoic as he approached to take them from her. "This is very thoughtful, J. Comm us if you need us to buy anything that you can think us." He smiled and patted her lightly on the shoulder, before turning and patting Yarul on the back. "Ready to go, my friend? I tell you what, if we make it through this without a fight, I'll buy you breakfast myself. And there is a weaponer on the station. After all is said and done, I will take you." He walked passed the large alien and stepped into the transport. He began to stow his massive anti-personnel railgun in one of the weapons lockers, and glanced over at Kiro for a moment. Kiro had the heart of a warrior, which Tacitus respected, but he was too closed off. Hard to go into battle alongside a man that you never can read. Tac stared for a moment before turning and walking back to the loading ramp, eying Yarul and Jillian.

His mind ran through the weapons that they had on board, and any emergency procedures in case they came under attack. Unfortunately, the crate was bulky and not the easiest thing to move, even with their gear. That would mean they would need plenty of cover fire if the situation went south. Luckily, they had Yarul, and Kiro would be nearby on the station. He subconsciously felt the grip on his ion Axe, which was attached to his back. It was a source of comfort for him, knowing that he had his preferred weapon.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Quados Quados BackSet BackSet The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Jilian Grace
Won-87, Hangar
Jilian smiled. At least someone was excited about her cooking. Hopefully she didn't accidentally kill someone with that. She waved.

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you. Try not to die. It's get awfully lonely without you." She placed the rest of the bags on top of the box. That probably wasn't a good idea but what was the worst that could happen. She walked away before anyone could scold her about it. "I'll be in the engine room. Come by and tell me how it all went when you get back, kay?"

Jilian had already checked the engine about five times but it never hurt to check again. Something was always leaking or out of alignment on this ship and you always had to septuple check. Came with the territory of being a bounty hunter, she supposed.

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect HotshotXXV HotshotXXV Quados Quados NeonFlow NeonFlow

Jovi
Jovi watched as the party got ready to leave, nodding at Volc's suggestion to put what they got towards Auto-doc pods. She was happy to get their cargo off the ship, she didn't trust it, none of the crew really did, and it's ticking didn't help. Jovi internally debated if she wanted to go, she wasn't a big fan of being there during the business part of the dealing, too many unexpected things could happen. Jovi saw that Tac and Yarul were going and decided that they would be good for protection and decided to stay on the ship. Jovi enjoyed the time spent with her crew on the ship. They each had their own unique qualities to her. She had opened up to them but still tended to keep to herself and her own space.

Jovi smiled to herself when Jillian left to go check the engine, I swear she's obsessed with that room." Jovi turned towards Volc, "Is there anything you need to happen on the ship?" She asked just in case.

Mentions: None ((Open for interaction))
Greegrox-Victory_(Slow).gif
There was little in the way for Phoren when it comes to maintaining the third level of Won-87 by his own since most of his associates are either a soldier who were always on one of the small ships or were performing a task outside their carrier, bar the human named Jilian who was what Phoren believes to be a fellow engineer as well, although not necessarily in the same specialty as himself. A certain room that controls the organic being's maintenance on the ship was regularly checked by the metallic individual, and has just left the room. Today, they would like to traverse the third level to check on the entirety of the ship's maintenance.

If they understood correctly, his associates would be delivering a precious container of unknown value to the nearest space station, so attempting to catch up to anyone at this point in the hangar would be useless as it is possible that they might have left. No matter, they should return soon. Phoren often wonders why they do such incredulous ventures, but they are individuals so they can choose what they want for themselves, and this also seems to assist others, so who was he to tell them away?

Anyhow, the third level was enormous enough on its own, consisting of various rooms controlling the systems of the ship from weapon upkeep to ship fuel. Everything anyone needs to control about the ship was in this level, aside from steering the ship itself. The Phoren make their way to the engine room, a place he had no experience sustaining, but a ship system nonetheless. Compared to the appearance of the other rooms, this location was flawless as Phoren went up to a console to inspect for any malicious errors. The human female surely does her job well. Phoren would continue the consoles, being impressed for each and every above-average data he gathers about the room.

Jilian Grace
Won-87, Engineer Deck: Engine Room
Jilian headed to the engine room, whistling. The ship, despite it's many occupants, was typically quiet. Especially on the Engineering Deck, where usually only she and, more recently, Phoren worked. Speaking of Phoren, to Jilian's surprise she found the, well, Phoren in the Engine Room. She greeted them with her usual bouncy attitude.

"Hey Phoren, how's it going."

Phoren was kind of an enigma. In the first place Jilian didn't really understand exactly what they were. A group of microscopic entities or something. And in the secondly, Phoren had only been here for a few months so she didn't know them as well as she knew the others. She even knew Kiro better, if only by virtue that the warrior had been on the ship longer than Phoren.

Computing Magus Computing Magus

Mentions: Jilian (( BackSet BackSet ))

greegrox-victory_-slow-gif.514145

It appears the console has set to become very reliable and operational, in layman's terms. He was not familiar how to configure it so he had no reason to remain in the machinery. However, it appears the the human Jilian has entered the engine room. Was there a problem here that the Phoren managed to overlook that the human noticed and returned to? As soon as Phoren thought as such, he returned to the console to still find an immaculate system. He decides to return his attention back to the human female instead.

"Dark One's wrath, Jilian human. No conundrum has been found in your maintained station. I believe that is due to your impressive expertise: kudos." the Phoren said, and what appears is a droid clapping its hands in a congratulatory manner. They finish after a few seconds, and return to blankly staring at the human female.

"Is there anything Jilian human wants to do in the engine room? May Phoren inquire as it is to what you plan to do today?" Phoren asks genuinely. The human Jilian always impressed Phoren, and more often than not might have clapped for other's achievements as well, whether or not they can admit to others that Phoren has been doing that to many of the crew. Gigantic biped organisms were so unique from each other, were they not?

Jilian Grace
Won-87, Engineering Deck: Engine Room
Jilian shrugged at Phorens question. "Just checking for misalignment. FTL travel tends to jog some parts loose. Other than that I just like it in here. It's peaceful." Jilian had been known to stay in the engine room for days at a time just listening to the hum of the machinery. She liked to joke that the room was her real cabin and her official cabin was just a personal storage closet. This had a ring of truth to it when you took into consideration the fact that she even sometimes fell asleep in the engine room.

It seems that it was not a strange spectacle for Jilian to visit the engine room every few human time, even to occupy at many solar rotations at a time. Was this indeed their living quarters? Impossible, that would be on the first level, was it not? This must mean there is another reason for Jilian. For the Dark One, Phoren decides not to occupy her time with questions, if she appears to be busy.

"I myself have checked, and FTL has not damaged the engines, as far as I have inspected. But move onward if you seek such answers that are not of me." Phoren answers to Jilian's duty to monitor the engine once more.

"Another question, how do the crew members fare with the gigantic box on the fourth level? Are they to bring it on the nearby space settlement? Who among us appear to be going?" Phoren asks again, wondering what his crew would be planning to do for their mission.

Jilian Grace
Won-87, Engineering Deck: Engine Room
"That would seem to be the case." Jilian said. She simaltaniously surveyed the room and counted off each potential area of breakage on her fingers. "As far as I know the only ones going are Kiro, Tac, Yarul, and Volc." She looked at some dials. All energy levels seemed normal. In general the room was in perfect order. Though she did notice that there was a half eaten sandwich on the floor. Whoops. She must have left it there. She picked it up and threw it over the shoulder into the trash.

As Volc strapped into his seat he heard Jovi ask a question.. instead of shouting back the answer or leaving the shuttle he just used the com-link in his armour.

“You should come buy some valuables... there’s only four human space stations out there, come spend a day off the ship” BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02

With that he turned to the gray sitting next to him. “Ay red is everyone on?”
The gray in the red turned back to count kiro, green, tac...
Red sent a telepathic announcement to yarul and the rest in the hangar/shuttle.
“We are ready to leave, have everything you need as we shall not be making return trips.... as Captain Adem has alerted, twenty four hours is the maximum time we have”

Volc was just waiting on Sixx to send the details. It was obvious this steel ... crate would need to be flown in the back to drop the cargo, but to who? Then the fuckaround of docking in the proper bay and having to pay a fee...
which is why the shuttle is being used, the Won-87 would have a massive fee for the space it’d take up.

Yarul enters the shuttle and sits down in his chair, he's happy that the captain ordered a custom chair for him, it's not fun to sit on the floor. "Hey, Red, if one of you need to carry heavy things, tell me, I will come help."

He looks into his explosiv bag, only a few EMP Charges, he needs to buy new equipment asap, maybe even a new targeting system for his rocketlauncher. "Hey, Volc, Kiro, you wanna come with Tac and me for Breakfast, Tac said it is on him."
HotshotXXV HotshotXXV NeonFlow NeonFlow

Last edited:
Volc who got a message from Sixx sighed heavy as he read it.
Fuckaround it’s always a fuckaround with you Sixx...
It was yarul who broke the silence with a invitation,

“Ah,” Volc answered before elaborating.
“He won’t wanna pay for all the stuff I order... but if he says yes sure.. soon as we drop off that box we can park the shuttle somewhere proper and go”

He didn’t mention the fact Sixx hasn’t got a name for the people who wants this cargo.
Just leave it with anyone, say Paul Downs is expecting it. Mention it’s volatile and valuable... put some Adem heart into it, you’ll be fine.

This is wrong... we are doing the wrong thing...
Volc looked ahead with a bit of worry evident in his brow.

Red turned toward Yarul to give a nod in appreciation
‘i give thanks Yarul, we have many items to acquire regarding offensive maintenance, plus young Adem has a personal list’

Last edited:

The Won-87 has recieved a mass telephatic message, announcing the departure of the human Volc and the other alien giants as well, to travel towards the nearest space settlement. An efficient phenomena for communication, the Phoren could say. When the Phoren first experienced this ability, his clusters became panicked, travelling to every inch of their droid vessel to ascertain where a disembodied, intruding voice was emanating from, only to be taught that the ability was termed telepathy, the ability converse only through minds. Despite the sheer multiple numbers of the Phoren, each and every jellyfish easily intercepts the message without overloading the sending Grey, theorizing that a Phoren's miniscule size did not need for a Grey to focus on what could possibly be sending to hundreds of thousands of minds. Aliens, what an interesting assortment of different species that always suprised somebody, to what they always percieved as normalcy.

Anyhow, Phoren almost forgot about the human Jilian, given he contemplated silently for some time. He observes the human picking up a partially consumed piece of processed plants mixed with what looks like other food between it. As it is no longer fit for consumption, Phoren appears correct to assume that Jilian would dispose of it. However, she does as such by accurately tossing it towards the disposal bin, which was behind the female of all things! Was it that this human was able to visually percieve beyond its front? Not with a set of extra eyes, however. Do humans do these all the time, displaying acrobatic bipedal feats? Such a marvel to behold.

"Dark One consume you, your species is blessed by Krilu's vygol! Myterturingly absolute!" Phoren exclaims, and once again claps with it's robotic hands, ecstatic with Jilien's act. It appears the universal translator has had a difficult time deciphering Phoren's saying, but one is sure that they are exceedingly impressed and delighted as shown by the tone of their voice.

Tacitus sighed and shook his head, a large grin on his face as he looked at Yarul from his chair. "No, I said that if there was no trouble with this delivery, then the breakfast would be on me. We all know the likelihood of something going south..." He paused, looking at Volc's troubled brow. He thought for a moment, before pulling on his EVA helmet. With his mouth covered, he pulled open a private comm to Jovi. The two of them shared a certain bond, due to their affinity for war and battles.

"Jov. I need you to get any information you can on who is docking at this space station who might be buying our gear. I know Adem is our captain, and we've been through a lot, but there is a lot of unease on this shuttle. Find what info you can, and send it to my personal holo-tab." BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02

With that bit of business taken care of, he reopened a public comm from his helmet, wanting to appear noble and jovial as always. "Red, you might want to mentally scrub anything 'young Adem' has on his shopping list that is less than savory. We are trying to run a bloody above the ground op here." He teased the second-in-command good naturedly. "Besides. If he tries to sell me another flask of his homebrew, I might unleash a horde of plarkons in his room again," referencing the time he let loose several hundred lady-bug like creatures in Volc's room as a practical joke.

Quados Quados NeonFlow NeonFlow The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Having grown up on the Won-87 Volc was somewhat used to Tacitus’s forced charisma. Not that he’d ever ask old Tac if it's true, but Sixx promoting a teenager over the soldier might have offended him somewhat.

Giving a chuckle before answering the veteran with his own jab.
"Yea, but despite the insects your spew was messier... won't make the same mistake of thinking you can hold your drink"

Red gave glance to Volc who gave a quick correction in response.
"yea red...yea. Ay we're still looking for it, he was trying for a joke...
You two just do your business, we help you not the other way"
it'd be so much easier if they could read minds instead of project a voice.

The Grayson and the three colours got much better at human interaction over the years though they took things literally.
The shuttle was just waiting on Jovi if she was to join or kick back instead.

Bert was near out of cleaning solution, but that didn't mean it had to stop doing its job. Bert sometimes made its own, by hydration of ethene made in its own heaters. Brooms and brushes sweeping any large items from the floor; followed by a deep scrub with cloths and mops. Bert couldn't stop until the room was spotless, with no speck of dirt in its line of sight.

After a lot of time spent on high speed cleaning in one room, Bert would get a thrill and be hyped to move onto the next. It could do this for hours, although it had other jobs to complete. Bert thought it may as well just keep cleaning until told to do otherwise, though it may need more cleaning supplies to carry on.

A lout rumbling is heard. "I am very hungry, so we start now, she can stay on board." He looks at Tac. "And no starting a battle, you WILL buying me breakfast, you are poor after that." Yarul rubs his belly and laughs.
He turns to the shuttle door and waves at Jovi and he closes the door. "Now, like father always says 'trag no raam meruth kolam'... It means 'why the fuck aren't we driving?!'"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back