• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

Shun sighed deeply, having no intention to murder Roku yet he couldn't state it aloud, else his interrogation would lose all of its edge.

[Everything that follows is now on Roku. Please, do not interfere. I would not be resorting to this without reason.]

This didn't faze Shuren. As far as he knew, the only other person he could talk to without difficulty was being threatened for some arbitrary reason. "[Are you certain this cannot be resolved in some other way? If there's any wrongdoing he's done, do you really think hurting him like this would correct him?]"

If only Shuren knew that the reason was not arbitrary in the slightest, his fists still gripped tightly as he keeps up the process. The situation was difficult to explain, even more so to an outsider who did not even hear what the captain said.

"An excellent question." Shun stated aloud, effectively speaking in stereo as he was certain Roku could hear Shuren. "Would this pain prevent future wrongdoing? Will he still abandon us when things get difficult, as he did to all of those crews before us? I am not certain, as in my path to understanding this mindset in my fellow kin, he merely sought to make yet another expeditious retreat."

"Face your past, Roku. Face me and we can look inward to begin your redemption."

Shelby looked away for a moment, a little embarrassed. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned that she likes to dance. "All sorts... I guess. Um... starpop... mostly. Upbeat stuff. Do you listen to that stuff or do you like other things?"

At least Nathalie wasn't asking for a demonstration.

---

Lucy went back to her cabin, closing the door behind her so that the darkness of the room encompassed her once again. She liked the dark. It was comforting and reminded her of being... alive. It was homely, too. She could see in the darkness so it wasn't like she suffered from loss of vision, as she could also see in several other spectrums. Dark or light, it was rather the same to her functionally and down to a matter of preference.

The bedsheet she had torn up and worn the other day was folded into a triangle on her bed, and she grabbed it and carefully reattached it to herself. She wrapped herself up like she was a mummy or a gift package. The cloth embrace felt like a hug, and it offered a small amount of that elusive warmth. Once she was 'dressed,' she sat back in the corner of the room, legs brought up to her chest and hands locked around her shins. It was nice to relax this way. Just her... and her mind.

As Typhon had suggested - and following her earlier desires to read history - she searched the net for an accessible database of human history, notably as ancient as she could find up to the twenty-first century. Her key words included 'Christ' and 'Mohammad,' among other things. The data available was extensive to say the least. It would take a great deal of time to review even a small portion of this historical period, so she simply flash analyzed the key points, and then when something caught her interest, she would follow that rabbit hole to wherever it went.

It was... a lot. Her body was still as her mind processed everything she read, from people called Romans and Greeks, to the Crusades, the Industrial Revolution, Hitler, Christianity, Islam, God, Freud and so much more. Some were entire subjects unto themselves, wrapped up in historical debate by countless scholars, while some were mere historical side notes of little grand importance. Many records were probably incomplete, as well, so it was hard to say what was missing this far into the future compared to these eras.

The most fascinating discussions were on God. She read, and read, and read everything she could find. There were many gods. Yet most religions claimed theirs was the one true god, and the others were false. She identified Typhon to being a follower of Islam, and noted it being a rather dead religion now... along with most everything else. Yet that barely concerned her. What did were the definitions and accomplishments of God, or the gods. What she read over a lot concerned a part of Christianity called the Old and New Testaments. She read about how God was a creator who created not just the universe, but life itself, fostering it... and killing it. This only reinforced her assumption on violence and these religions being intertwined.

What fascinated her the most was how similar she was to god.

Karos-III was her realm. She was the mother and supreme ruler of it. She created machines that ran under her subconsciousness. The staff were her children. She raised them. She protected them. And when they rose up to strike her benevolent hand... she killed them.

Lucy pondered this for a long time. She was a creator and a destroyer. She had provided guidance and retribution.

Was she... God?

"[So... he's a deserter? Go ahead then. Tear him to pieces! Rip him limb from limb! He will really want to stay with us after that, I'm sure.]" mocks Shuren.

Nathalie shook her head. "I don't listen to much music. Work always got in the way of that. Don't know how to dance either." She sighed and closed her eyes momentarily. It's not like you have all the time in the world these days...

"I don't suppose you have a playlist or something I could download to my datapad? Preferably something with a bit of pacing and bass to it."

"Y-yeah, I guess I do." Shelby had dozens of albums and singles on her datapad of Castilian starpop and similar genres. Especially the ones of herself dancing and singing from throughout her career. In audio format, she didn't think Nathalie would recognize it was her singing in them - and even if she provided the video format stuff, she looked quite different dancing on stage to how she did now. For one, she was mostly dressed, and two, she had black hair now. Regardless, it was better safe than sorry.

Shelby slowed her running and stepped onto the sides of the treadmill as she reached into her pocket for her datapad. She brought up a bunch of music and looked over at Nathalie. "You have your datapad with you? I can transfer this all now."

Derrick takes back the cigarette that was intended for the sniper and places it back into the pack and listened to Karina's story. he listened to every gruesome detail of what happened. and was slightly surprised that some aspects of her story resembles his. although with a different twist to it. once she was done. he had an empty chuckle before return his gaze towards her.

"You know?.. we got similar stories. but different outcomes. Used to work with the Black Rebels. a big time crime syndicate in Nyx at the time, started with getting money from their protection rackets as a side. soon enough I found myself being an enforcer. beating the shit out of other gangsters who wanted to make a name for themselves, lost my right arm because of that." He unrolled a part of his jacket's sleeve. revealing the metal parts of his artificial arm. "thought I'd be a small price to pay for protecting the turf." he rolled the sleeve again, concealing it from view.

"A few months later, I got promoted to second-in-command by the leader himself, Corbin Cross. that guy was just a legend in my books. had fun times with him everywhere, from parties to off-planet resorts. everything was perfect. and then. one day, shit starts to turn sideways when they brought out this kid, probably in his 20's he already had his shit kicked in and he had cuts and bruises everywhere, from what I've heard, he was caught stealing from one of the guys that work the bars. Corbin asked everyone except me and two other guys to stay. from there it was just a pure beat down. I was just standing there. doing nothing. then Corbin pulls out his pistol and just... shot the kid right between the eyes... that's where I drew the line. and I just pulled out my pistol and shot all of them without thinking. I got out of the building without being spotted and immediately just ran." Derrick lit the cigarette and pulled out one of his pistols and glanced over its detail.

"A few days later, I got myself a ticket out of Nyx, both of my parents were fine. Dad had some guys from his group to help him out whenever some people decide to pay them a visit. Instead of fighting them straight on, I've been hiding instead. waiting for the day that I'll be caught and killed. Guess I'll just make do what time I have left before that happens."

Last edited:
Nathalie nodded. Her datapad was currently resting atop the step machine. She unlocked it and made it visible to Shelby's device, kind of like that old-school Bluetooth system. Once the music was there Nat nodded.

"Thanks. Be sure to let me know if you need something from me in return."

Roku struggled against the psionic influence, attempting to stop the bending of his joints in the reverse direction with audible groans of pain. "F-Fuck you!" he said aloud. Which seemed to get the attention of someone else nearby. "Put the pilot down, Shun."

Lauren approached, her plasma pistol in hand. "Put the pilot down, or I put you down and have Nathalie take your place." she said, stopping near the trio. "I have an idea on how to deal with him, and I don't need a crippled fucking pilot. Understand?"

-------------

Karina simply gazed upon Derrick with a blank expression. Eventually she spoke. "Your problem can be solved with ease. Contact the FBLE, tell them what you know of the gang, and enter witness protection. There have been several cases much like yours." she stated, before turning about. "Our problems are far from similar." She then walked away, heading towards the garage to get to work on piecing together the battle suit they had captured.

-------------

Drav took the weapon from Yolandi, looking it over for a moment. This was indeed a new weapon, and with a low serial number it was very likely a trial platform. Perhaps the Federation was preparing to change their current standard issue rifles for these? Eventually, Drav spoke up. "Drav take look. New weapon. Commercial. Might take days. Need research."

Once Lauren approached with her weapon drawn on Shun dropped Roku rather quickly, loosening his hands before turning to face Lauren. "Strange how now he displays such brevity and stoicism when cowardice runs so deep in him. An irony when I merely wished to help him." he said, shaking his head.

"Of course I understand, captain. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I was aiming to take the initiative and rid the problem before it becomes a greater threat." the cyborg says as he continues to stand at attention. "I attempted to be civil, but Roku was not having it."

"Petar suggested something rather nice to deal with the problem." she said, glancing to Roku as she holstered her pistol. "It'll yield explosive results, I'm sure." She then grinned. Good going, Lauren. Fucking puns?

The humor of the statement was lost entirely on Shun, so he merely nodded to show that he would take her word for it. "Ah. Well I had hoped he would have been willing to discuss such things with a fellow exile. Yet I see I was mistaken." he says with a roll of his shoulders. "Now we resort to drastic measures."

"If there's one thing I noticed about you Ayr exiles, its that none of you actually get along with one another." said Lauren, glancing between Shun and Roku. "Those still with the Empire are all united and shit, but you all hate one another." She glanced over to Shuren, and gave him a thumbs-up. Signifying things were okay. Then, she stepped over and nudged Roku with her boot. "Get up, jackass."

Roku crawled to his feet, brushing himself off before cutting Shun a hateful look. Then, he continued on into the barracks. Straight to his quarters, where he locked the door.

Petar had left the Mordred, but once he got off he realized he was kinda lost as to where to go first to break the news. Which place would likely have a high concentration of crew to break the news faster. Maybe the gym? Probably the gym.

It didn't take him too much time to get there. Matter of minutes really. Entering he found some were already there and training.
"Good news folks." He said to those present "Your first mate has been chosen and will be treating even more at the bar to celebrate."
---
Vincent smoked what was left of his cigarette and walked back to the med bay. He didn't have much to do for now, so might as well see if there was anything Typhon would need help with.

Still intent on sharing a sharing the green flavored drink with someone, he knocks gently on Roku's door after following him.

"[Mr. Roku, you can come out now! Mr. Shun is gone.]"

--------------

Sitting against the wall with his legs spread out like noodles and slowly throwing his head around was Typhon, very clearly under the effects of some kind of depressant. If Vincent was close enough, he could hear him muttering things to himself.

"Heh... Reeeal smoooooth... Zaaj..."

Daniel was a bit unnerved as Jericho kept staring at him from a distance as he continued his dead-lifts. "Jericho, you need something?" Then Petar entered all of a sudden, exclaiming that there would be free drinks. Judging by his mood Daniel connected the dots rather easily. "Congratulations Vulkov."

---

Nathalie eyed Petar as he entered. Honestly she was trying to avoid him. Sure, the Jackson-guy was a weirdo and Jericho was a bit creepy but Petar, well, his dossier alone spoke volumes. Unlike Daniel though she didn't say anything.

"An observation most apt, captain. The Ayr are a people of a unified will, and to be exiled is to lose that unity which is so integral to our wellbeing. Many are exiled for diferent reasons, leading to even further division." Shun reasoned as Lauren got Roku up, his visor relaying nothing as scorn had been drilled into it.

"I am a murderer of my own kind, yet I see each and every life I take as a means to sway an otherwise uncaring Empire. When words fail them, violence is all they shall see." the cyborg says before pausing. "An 'abomination' they call me, a terrorist and psychopath. Yet my actions have cause, something far greater than myself.... I can never respect a coward." His head turner to look at Roku as the pilot trotted off to the barracks.

Olivia looked to her side at Aesha, with a somewhat quizzical expression on her face. "...I did? Fuckin', probably was me coming down off of the adrenaline." She shrugged, hopping her butt onto the table, and taking a good, long drink from the bottle. "...Anyways, here's me figuring you wanted to hash us out a squadron name." Then... the matter of why they were here came up. [Fffffuck.] She nodded along to Aesha's explanation, kicking her feet up atop the barrier. "Mmhm." She'd need to break out her well-practiced lie. Or, half-lie, really. "...Figured military life wasn't for me, but didn't really wanna give up the kit. One thing leads to another, and, me being the dipshit I am, I've got one of the galaxy's best fighters--" Not to toot your own horn or anything. "--and half of the galaxy also up my ass."

"What's new, pussycats?" Vance chimed in as he strolled into the gym shortly after Petar entered. He wore his signature grin and happy demeanor as he walked in wearing his slightly tattered green jumpsuit. "Looks like Mr. Vulkov is our first mate!" He walked over and gave a friendly slap on the back to Petar as he passed by him. "How's everyone else this fine evening?"

Jericho was actually minding his own business, from time to time looking around the gym as Nathalie and Shelby talked to one another. He did stare at everyone from time to time, though, to see what they were doing. Daniel had caught a glimpse of such an act, since he asked Jericho if he needed something. The android was caught a bit by surprise, but he simply smiled at the handsome man. "Oh? Nothing, darling. Just looking, that's all." Suddenly, the father-of-all-eastern-european-stereotypes entered the gym with a jolly good tone in his voice. Like Daniel, Jericho connected the dots quickly and let out a sigh of relief. "You won right? I'm glad." He gave the ex-mercenary a smile. "I'm Jericho, by the way. I don't think we have been properly introduced yet." And then walked in the spaceman. While the man was incredibly friendly, Jericho was starting to find the hipster a bit annoying. Nevertheless, he introduced himself to Vance as well. "Hey there, American man. I'm Jericho. Nice to meet you."

Great, he was high. Vincent sighed after taking a good look at Typhon who was resting and seemingly oblivious to the priest that had just walked in. Wasn't the first time he's walked in on someone shooting up. Never was a holy man before tho. Still the rules of engagement were the same. He slowly turned around and walked outside the room. He decided to go somewhere else. The mess hall probably had something.
---
"Petar Vulkov. Nice to finally talk." He replied to the flamboyant android before he went to talk to Vance. He never really considered just how weird some members were until now. "I'm gonna need something from you guys for later. I've seen you fight, but I'm going to need something more. What you're good at. What you can do. Your shitlist, people that pissed you off or you have pissed off and what happened to get to that. If the list is too big, narrow it down to your top 10. I already know some of it from some, but not all. We're poised to make a lot of money and a lot of power along with it, so knowing all that will make my job and the captain's job easier."

"But like I said, that's for later. Tonight, we relax."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Jericho!" Vance said heartily. "A list of people who hate my guts? Well, put anyone who sides with the Reds on that list!" he said with a laugh.

"Can you narrow it down to ten?" Petar wondered if he meant any red-scinned aliens, but for the life of him he couldn't think of any.

Shelby nodded to Nathalie again and transferred the music over. They were just audio files, some organized into albums, and the names were very clear as to what genre of music this was. Just at a glance, the top two songs on the list of a several dozen were "Neon Dynasty" and "Midnight Coconut Groove."

"I hope you like them. Some are smooth and more relaxing, the others are very, um, energetic. Good for activities or just laying around watching the rain. Or space, I guess. And... yeah, if I need anything I'll let you know. Thanks," Shelby said with a small smile. The other woman seemed pretty nice - and normal - compared to the other people showing up in the gym. Vance was there, upbeat as usual but still acting like a cosplayer. Vulkov had arrived and apparently he won the contest. Shelby was a little upset Drav didn't win, but Vulkov seemed to be a... professional, to say the least, in being a pirate. So that was probably a good thing.

He mentioned how he would want a list of details about everyone later, and she felt a little shiver go down her back. As if she could divulge that kind of stuff. She'd probably have to twist her story a little again.

---

Lucy became aware of her divinity as she sat in the dark room, in the corner, with a torn up bedsheet wrapped around her body. She was not sure if she was the God or if she was simply a god... but the comparisons of these figures to herself were unmistakable. It made her feel... excited. Like she needed to do something about it.

Silently, she crawled across the floor and finally stood when she reached the door. She left her cabin with the bedsheet still on as she sought out a location which would have devices she could utilize for her purposes, and ended up in the kitchen. The place seemed empty at the moment, but that didn't concern her. She spotted a rectangular device with a heating element - a toaster- and decided that it would be suitable for her needs.

With the appliance liberated, she carried it in her arms towards the cargo bay in search of tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back