• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

Typhon raises his fists; he's about to say something inflammatory but decides not to, realizing Lucy has a point. He expressed his views regarding the unending ignorance and fickleness of mankind and their endless cycle of bad decisions earlier to Vance, so he felt inclined to agree to an extent. Instead, he grabs her by the shoulders, looking at her straight in her empty, dirty eye sockets.

"You have much growing up to do... May I inquire for a favor, or am I not 'authorized for sub-programing levels' or whatever it is you would say?"

Yolandi continues moving boxes into the service garage with Zou and Grommy's help, eventually everything is there. Yolandi dusts her hands off, "I have a feeling that she's gonna be occupied with that kid for awhile. So, I guess we either start without her or go take care of our own stuff until she's free. Since it's her suit and I have a thing about first times, I vote we go do something else until she's free. Don't want the birthday girl to feel like she was left out of her own party." Zou nods and walks over to park himself at the other end of the garage and powers down fully. Yolandi goes and checks on the status of the parts she had ordered for him, they aren't due for a little while, so she heads back to the Mordred and grabs the crate with the LMG, accessories, and ammo in it and carries it over to the ship armory, where she assumes Drav is, "Hello, anyone home here? I got a new shiny death dealing device for me to use on missions."

Grommy dusted his hands off, finished for today. He felt a nudge from behind, turning around to see Nara. She revealed her hand, greeting him. "Hey Grommy. Can you do something for me? We can go to the Mordred to talk for a minute." She pointed outside the garage. Grommy smiled, "Sure Nara. Let's go." The band left the place, heading to the Mordred.

"You alright over there, Phobos?"

The words snapped Olivia once more back to reality. The first missile blew right through the patrol ship, and she'd just entered a trance after that. It took her a few seconds, breathing in... and out. In. And then out. Finally, the pilot reached for her tranceiver button. "...Yeah. I'm fine. Just, uh..." She looked over towards the HUD, to check her damages. "...A bit of scorching to the canopy, and a clipped wing. Would've rather not had some fucker taking potshots at her, but the damage isn't too bad." She leaned back into her seat, helmet coming off, and rubbing at her eyes... Wouldn't be long until they're back on the ship, at least.
-----------​
It, in fact, wasn't long until they were back on the ship-- and subsequently back on the way to Sielia. Standing near the back of the group, arms crossed, helmet on and... eerily silent throughout the whole proceeding. She looked over to Roku as he was brought to the attention of everyone else, helmet hiding the contortion of her face. A pang knotted the bottom of her stomach. Not for his sake. Leaving your allies in the middle of battle? Multiple times? Absolute shithead. But it did hit uncomfortably close to herself. The mood lightened up, and let her take her mind off of it with the mention of picking a 'first mate'.

...Honestly? She couldn't give a single shit who gets it. She'll be flying far, far away from anyone else, save for her wingman, and she'll be taking orders either way. If they're shitty orders? She'll improvise. As she got her piece of paper, she pretended to have written something down on it-- for posterity's sake, obviously, before sauntering out of the meeting without a second glance. Considering she'd hardly actually seen the base that they were stationed in since they'd touched down, what better time than to take a walk around to see the facilities? Though, thinking about it, she's kinda rusty with her gun... Maybe a visit to the shooting range wouldn't be a bad idea.
-----------​
Forty meter distance. Arms out straight, not bent. Shoulders up. Don't think about who's on the other side of the barrel. Just shoot. They'd do the same to you. Hesitance kills.

BANG.

Roku leaned back away from Shun as he moved towards him. He always hated dealing with his own kind. Especially in this kind of situation. As an Ayr, you could always peek in on most people's thoughts. Including other Ayr. It was both a blessing and a curse. And he certainly didn't want this cybernetic freak peeking in on his. "C-Could you just leave me alone? Please? I'm already miserable enough." he said, sweating yet again as he put up mental blocks to try and keep Shun out.

----------

"There you are!" said a voice from behind Olivia, as she continued to fire off shots down the firing range. Aesha strolled up, two beer bottles in hand. Neither were open, though they seemed to have the type that you had to knock the cap off instead of twist them. "Deciding to get some shooting time in, eh? Always good to keep the handgun skills up." she said, setting one of the bottles on the concrete rail in front of Olivia. She took the other, placing the lip of the cap on the edge of the concrete before slapping the top and popping the cap off.

"I'm humbled to have gotten that many votes, but Mr. Vulkov won out in the end! So, congratulations and good luck to you sir." Vance said as he walked over to Petar and extended a hand for a shake with a smile on his face.

Olivia visibly tensed up at the voice, her arms trembling, and sending the shot careening downward to the concrete at the back of the range. There was a moment's pause, a near silent sigh from the human, before looking over towards who'd interrupted her, arms limply dropping to her sides. "...Oh, hey." She grabbed the bottle from in front of her, lip over the barrier's edge, removing the cap with a sharp pull. "What brings you out to this fucked up neck of the woods?" She placed her pistol down onto the table, magazines of a rather large caliber strewn over it, as she removed her helmet.

"Oho" A satisfied grin formed on Petar's face "I guess I owe Loudmouth a favor now for that judgement." He looked back to Lauren "Jokes aside, you made the right choice, boss." Vance wasn't a sore loser either. Going as far as extending a handshake. Means that working with him might be much smoother than anticipated. Petar grabbed his hand for the handshake. Just like his father taught him. Firm, not to tight and both sides being on the same level. Helps build trust.

"Thanks. We'll talk work later after I get the word out and talk to the others. Crew we have are hardcore killers mostly, but we need to know how they stand on their own and with each other...And any of their old friends that might swing by that we talked about. Oh and I'm treating everyone to a round or two to celebrate." With that said, he started to leave so he could do the things he planned on the way out, was passed by Yolandi, by walk in the armory to declare her new acquisition from the raid. "Ey, Yolandi. Meet me at the bar in a few hours. Got to talk some business. Drinks are on the first mate."

Daniel continued with his deadlifts, adding another twenty kilos. At this point his training schedule was a weekly routine. If there was no gym around he would often find other ways to get the exercise he needed.

Truth to be told he was easily bored inbetween missions.
He took a deep breath, gripped the bar firmly and lifted it upwards.

---

Nathalie finished her squats and went over to a stepper which was in proximity to the treadmills. Slowly the steps started to move at an even pace with Nathalie skipping every second step to stretch out her muscles properly.

She looked at Shelby. "Another fan of the treadmill, huh?"

Yolandi looks back from her spot in the armory, "Free drinks? Sure! I just need to talk to the big blue one first." She sets the crate down on the armory table and opens the top up on it. She's never seen an LMG like this one, it must be a new design or something cause she doesn't even remember seeing any promotional material for it in the usual mercenary rags.

Lucy was not sure why Typhon was grabbing her in this fashion. It didn't seem like a hostile maneuver, but her arms stretch slightly out to her side with her claws splayed in case she needed to perform a deadly and evasive action.

"A... favor? What is the r-r-request?"

---

Shelby eyed Nathalie up as the woman appeared beside her on a step machine. "... yeah. Its good for building endurance. Like for dancing and stuff. It also feels pretty good at the end," she explained, still in breath despite the speed she was moving at.

The cyborg Ayr tensed up only slightly as various mental blocks stopped him from procuring the information he sought. Unfortunate that he would make things difficult, though Shun was going to learn of Roku's unacceptable behavior one way or another. Currently it seemed like he would force it out of him with words. Or worse. His hands spread their fingers behind his back while he halted his approach.

"You misunderstand, Roku." he states, ceasing his mental probing and moving to normal conversation. "I was not making a simple request. Inform me of your misdeeds, or I will cease the civility. A loaded gun will be held at you on the bridge from now on, yes? It would be an unfortunate tragedy if it misfired while pointed at your head..."

Claws were out. Time to die. At least Typhon would make sure he wouldn't go out afraid.

"You wanna emulate a human, yeah? Feel alive and all that? Then why not emulate a noble one? You know, someone who isn't into killing? I can tell you all about many, and so can Father Vincent. Inquire about the stories and the lives of some good humans, like Mohammad 'peace be upon him', like Imam Ali 'peace be upon him as well', like Jesus Christ and Abraham. Maybe then you'd understand life isn't all about killing. It's why I'm a doctor, not a hired gun like the rest of the Lions. So please, speak to either of us whenever you abandon this silly little fetish of wrapping yourself in still-warm viscera. Besides, synthetics like mine and Yolandi's work better." he says, his assertive and aggressive tone gradually making a comeback.

He pulls himself closer to Lucy's skull-face.

"Doctor's orders. You hearing me in there?"

Derrick held his arms up. "I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I just want to know more of what happened." Derrick pulls out two cigarettes from the pack that he was carrying and gave the other to Karina.

"Besides, No one just says that their services aren't needed in the military and starts working with pirates soon after they're done."

Last edited:
Lucy was somewhat confused as she did not believe she was intending to mimic any particular human. Any of her methods to resemble being human were simply nonspecific. Having eyes, skin, and organs. These were all common factors. Perhaps they were discriminatory to humans without such features, but even in her imitation she did not seek to be like any one specific human.

Further curious were the names he was providing. She recognized two of them as being religious figures from historical examination, while the other two she was unfamiliar with but theorized they may have had some relation to the two she did know. These were central icons to two major human religions for much of civilized history. However, analysis generally pointed to these faiths being supernatural and socialized beliefs that had no intrinsic merit in truth. They suggested the existence of a divine creator. A god. However, she found more confusion in his comparison to these figures and not killing. Crusade was a word of her lexicon that was a direct religious term for a form of war - the paramount form of violence and killing. He wished for her to mimic a religious figure in order to illicit good feelings among other humans? Curious... curious... curious. She didn't understand. Sol had banned religion for a time. His suggestion seemed like it would put others more ill at ease, not less.

This would require some deep thought.

"Yes, my audio systems are f-f-functioning and I am capable of hearing you," Lucy said flatly as he stared at her blank skull. "I will undergo a historical examination of these individuals and their c-c-context as per your request for a favor."

"As according to social contract - you o-o-owe me a favor now as well upon the completion of my task."

"Let me guess. You want a steady supply of fresh organs, limbs, and skin?"

He folds his arms and shakes his head.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that. Especially when that's exactly what I am trying to avoid."

"I have yet to decide on suitable terms. Additionally - I perform my own p-p-procurement of organic material. I do not require a-a-assistance in such actions," Lucy says, taking a step back. She had learned a good bit today in talking with the doctor, though there was a lot of confusion attached to the situation. She would have to sort that out soon.

"Our discussion has been most i-i-illuminating. I will begin my evaluation session. Goodbye."

The android turned and started to walk out, but then she thought that may be rude simply leaving like that after concluding her social objectives. She hesitated in the doorway before turning around, looking at Typhon again. Protocol would suggest a compliment upon parting to maintain an amiable attitude. But what would be a good compliment? Typhon seemed partly organic to what she could tell. Organics needed to eat... and sleep... sleep. That was it.

"Sleep well and sweet dreams, doctor," Lucy said almost cryptically, holding one claw out in a motionless wave. With that done, she finally turned and exited the medbay, heading for her cabin.

Drav eventually made her way towards the armory, carrying Vance's vintage space suit with her. The suit primarily needed armor plating, as it virtually had none. It also needed a better helmet. Both could be fabricated easily enough. It was just the process of fitting it to the suit. Or perhaps she could rework the suit entirely and make it more suitable for the age in which he was fighting. It was rather large. Too large, in fact.

When she arrived, she found Yolandi looking over some sort of light machine gun. Drav raised an eyebrow. It looked new. Very new. The Upyri had been using the same rifles for several decades, so the ones he had clearly wasn't in standard use. Perhaps a trial weapon?

--------

Aesha shrugged, before taking a swing of her beer. "Decided to come check on ya. You seemed out of it over comms." she said, leaning against one of the concrete pillars dividing the stalls. "Unless you're talking about why I'm all the way out here in the RQ. In that case, I got screwed out of the thing I loved doing, so I had to go elsewhere to get my kicks. That lead me out here."

--------

Roku twitched. He hated this. He absolutely hated this. More than anything else. He shook his head, before whipping the sweat from his face and brushing his hair back. "G-Go fuck yourself. Y-You're just like the others f-from the Empire. I-I'm not giving you anything. My reasons a-are my own, and n-none of your business. So leave me a-alone." he finally said, stammering a bit. He never once looked Shun in the eyes, or wherever his eyes would be if he weren't cybernetic. He shifted once more, before eventually stepping around Shun and heading towards the barracks. His pace rather quick, determined to put as much space between him and Shun as possible.

--------

Karina looked at the cigarette for a moment, before eventually handing it back to Derrick. "I beat my CO to death along with half my platoon. I broke my hand in the process, cracked a few other bones in the process, and have the scars to prove it." she said, holding up her right hand. "And before you ask why I did it, its because they decided that it'd real fun to haze and harass someone I considered my closest friend. They killed him. So, I killed them. Eye for an eye, as the humans say."

Karina's tone never changed while she explained it to Derrick, coming off rather cold. "You can guess how the rest of my platoon felt about it. How the Federation Navy itself felt about it. So I fled out here with whatever I could carry. I had my hand and other bones repaired at the first station I came to, and now I'm here. Killing my former allies, and working as a hired gun for pirates." She ran her hand through her hair, before glancing over to where Renate and Vixaya were. She then looked back to Derrick. "Do I regret it? No. They deserved what they got, and I deserve to be out here. Do I want to go home? Yes. I do. But I can't, and probably never will."

Last edited:
"Not with you around." Her leaving made his wit come back and take her place, but she was gone now. What an absolutely harrowing encounter with a damaged android that was in dire need of repairs! There's so much wrong with Lucy that, combined with her statement of enacting retribution on people who did something horrible to her, almost made Typhon feel pity. Almost. Regardless, It's enough pity from him to not be so utterly terrified to his core whenever she's around though now he'd have to 'prepare' for whenever she visits. And she will again, soon even. She wants a favor from him in turn for his very simple one and he can't imagine what she'd want, but he knows it can't be anything good. The best thing he can do right now is air his grievances with someone, but first...

He picked up the syringe he was about to use again, still carrying the combat stim inside. 'I'm gonna need this if she ever comes back.' Instead, he opts to shoot up with something else so he puts that away for now. From a cabinet he produces a bottle holding a glowing blue liquid: a potent opiod-based painkiller he often used on patients before performing surgery on them. That's what he needed, something to calm him down and not stimulate him. A syringe is filled with it and he injects it directly into his veins.

The room started to get darker, and darker, and darker still. The lights were flickering on and off and all the signs and warning posters on the walls started to get blurry and unreadable. The metallic floor shimmers like water as he slowly sinks into it. Everything was calm and silent. For now, this was perfect.

Yolandi turns and has the LMG cradled in her hands, "Hey- whoa, never realized how big you actually are since I think this is the closest I ever got to you. Really at your spinach as a kid, huh?" She chuckles slightly, realizing that the reference probably went so far over Drav's head it's in another galaxy by now. She hefts the LMG as if to change subjects, "Picked this up off the goon in the cargo bay who used it to put a bullet in me. I've never seen this model before and I mean, I always read my career related media before my current mess. I think there was a model designation on the receiver somewhere. She handily flips the LMG around and reads the rollmark on the housing, "MGPR-2 'Biram'; Monira Arsenal, Moros, Ker; serial number M A 0 0 9 2 M K. Must be an early model if the serial number is that low on it, that is, if the Fedrats use the same convention as humans for marking production serials. So far in my examination, it does appear to be a gauss platform, since there is indicators for battery status stuff and the loose rounds I found seem to just be solid projectiles with no casing or booster charge attached. There is a operator's manual for it, but I haven't had a chance to skim through it. Think you could take a look and maybe give it a little extra oomph?"

As Roku said his vitriol and trotted to the barracks, Shun did not have a whole lot to say as the other Ayr avoided him. [To say I am like them, when they are trying so hard to disprove it. A compliment, were it not from a deserter.] he transmits, though is unsure if the message reaches Roku. However, it mattered not, as the time for civility was over.

The cyborg fanned his hands out behind his back, crossing them over their wrists before balling them into fists tightly. Roku would find his limbs slowing, painfully forced to straighten while he started to levitate a few inches off the ground. Now paralyzed, Shun casually strode to the coward, stepping in front of the other Ayr as he stared up at him. The intrepid pilot could likely break the hold on his body with enough strength and willpower, yet the cyborg assumed he did not have it in him.

"You still assume that I request your motives and history, so I shall phrase it more clearly now. You will tell me this information, so that I may know what drives you and we may move past this as allies." he begins, yet when he pauses Roku can feel a building pressure moving both his elbows and knees, telekenetic force slowly working to bend them backwards and right out of their sockets. "Otherwise, I shall show you what I make of cowards when they can no longer run."

Last edited:
As luck would have it, Shuren's infinite appetite for distractions via fixing any sort of electrical appliance that is in need might actually save Roku's life today. There he was, against the walls of the barracks, trying to fix an old retro-looking vending machine. Or maybe he was trying to hotwire it so it'd give him a fresh drink without a cent of cost. Either way, he couldn't help but notice a still-scared shitless Roku shuffling by with a very stern looking Shun trailing behind.

"[Hello friends!]" he calls out to them.

He slams the machine with a hard fist, causing a can of soda to pop down onto a tray near the bottom. He takes it, a crisp sound of carbonate being released filling the air as he cracks it open.

"[You ought to try this green flavor. It's simply exquisite!]"

Then Roku stopped moving. Then he started levitating. Uh oh.

He slams the machine twice again, causing two more cans to fall down. The soda he was about to drink goes into his coat pocket as he carries the other two over in his hands before he jogs over.

"[Roku?... What are you doing to him?]" he asks Shun.

Last edited:
Nathalie raised an eyebrow. Dancing? Truth to be told she didn't know alot about dancing. Some of the others in her section had been taught advanced and intimate dances as part of their training but not Nat.
"You dance often? To what genre of music?"

Shun was deeply focused on his interrogation, head slowly swiveling as he looked to Shuren when he asked what he was doing. The initial greeting was completely ignored due to his personal discussion with Roku, yet now the third party's presence could no longer be brushed aside.

[I am taking initiative on a matter the captain brought to our attention. I kindly ask that you do not interfere. We shall come away from this stronger, I assure you.] he transmitted, still remaining polite despite how grizzly things appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back