• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Starlight Horizon (Sci-Fi colony on a fantasy world)

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
rPYQQff.png

March 23, 2867 (Earth Calendar)

Dear recipient,

Congratulations! You have been chosen to be a part of the many colonists of the newly-constructed Starlight Horizon as part of the Horizon Initiative built as a collaboration between the member states of the Horizon Initiative. You will be representing your nation and race as a whole as you venture to new horizons and settle on new worlds.

As you know, the Starlight Horizon is set to colonise the world of Kepler-7714c, known locally as Acadore. Having been first discovered by the United Earth Government in 2847 (Earth Year), it was found to harbour intelligent life.

More shockingly, it was discovered to be host to an offshoot of humanity and multiple other undiscovered races. Having studied the planet and its culture for a decade, there is sufficient knowledge, and their language has been successfully translated. It has been added to your Universal Translators, making the language barrier nonexistent.

The current technology level is equivalent to Earth during its Late Medieval Period. The planet is surrounded by an intense and unique psionic field able to enhance the abilities of those already psionically-gifted. The natives call this phenomenon ‘magic’, for lack of a better term.

You represent some of the best and brightest minds of the galaxy, and as such it is your goal to study the planet and its properties, and to establish formal relations with the native nation-states.

You will be working closely with citizens of the other nations and races in the galaxy as part of the Initiative to enhance cooperation and friendship. As you will likely be spending the rest of your lives on this planet, be sure to make the most of your time and get to know everyone.

For you, I say in advance: Welcome to Acadore. A world of wonder and mystery.

Let us settle new frontiers, together.

Kenneth Huang
Chief Director of the Horizon Initiative

----------------------

Your Majesty,

Late the previous night I was witness to an astounding sight in the darkened sky. I was charting the stars with my telescope as I have always been at this time every day, this time pointed at a cluster of stars that I have spent the previous few months watching.

Then suddenly, I saw something I could not explain: the sky itself seemed to tear open! It was as if a great rift had appeared, and from it I could see a great object pass through. While I cannot describe it exactly, it appeared to be a comet at first, a great big one perhaps only slightly less than a league in length.

But as I continued to observe it, I slowly began to reach a conclusion that is was not one at all, as it did not possess an irregular shape like the many comets I have seen trailing ice and mist, but it appeared to have a much more uniform shape. I daresay that it almost appeared to be of intelligent design. I could also see a hundred thousand lights that appeared to shine out of it, as if it was host to stars on its own right.

As I pondered this, the object suddenly appeared to move on its own! I was left mystified and rather speechless as it appeared to move closer to this world from whence it came. I continued to observe it, when it suddenly appeared to stop, a great beast just hanging above our beloved Arcadia. From its belly I could see many smaller objects suddenly be launched out, like bees out of a hive as they appeared to travel across the world.

I have been observing it for hours, and it has remained motionless. I have seen several of those smaller objects return to it, however. From my observations it would appear that many of them are heading to and from Arcadia, most likely the Northern Reaches.

I have drawn several conclusions. The first would be that it is indeed merely a simple comet, but the observations I have made say otherwise. The second would be the First Ones returning to the home in which they have fled. While somewhat unlikely as most artefacts we have discovered from the First Ones hint to them having destroyed each other instead, the Faith of the Ancient will use this to their advantage and cause further strife were they to find out. The third would be that the object I have sighted is an otherworldly craft arriving in this world for a greater purpose, akin to our first explorers setting off to chart the world. The latter makes me nervous, as if this were to be true they would surely possess far greater technology than what we have.

I urge you to investigate this matter immediately, and make haste. I will continue to observe the object and notify you on any further developments.

Yours,
Scholar Gervis Watchstar

----------------------

k9syQ2O.png

Created by Corrosion Corrosion
Gamemasters: StarryKnights StarryKnights and Kloudy Kloudy

Welcome to Starlight Horizon, a science fiction/fantasy crossover RP! This RP takes place within the same universe of Interstellar Empires: Solar Rebirth, although in an alternate timeline. In it, the nations of the galaxy come together to in a cooperative program known as the Horizon Initiative, funded by the fledgling Galactic Concordance (basically space UN) to construct colony ships and settle on new world together in peace.

The first ever vessel to be completed is the Starlight Horizon, built and designed by all of the member races, and then sent to colonise a particularly strange planet at the edge of the galaxy.

The planet, known by the natives as Acadore, chosen is unique in many ways. For one, it is a perfect Earth-like planet, and practically superhabitable at that, enough that most races can live and breathe on the surface without any need for additional life support. It is rich in natural resources and ample space for agriculture. More than that, the planet is home to a native civilisation, consisting of humans and various fantasy races such as elves and dwarves, along with dragons and other mythical creatures.

It also has magic and is stuck at medieval-levels of technology, with its people splintered into multiple nation-states and kingdoms. Much of the fauna and flora is also an inexplicable match of those found on Earth (the ones that aren't extinct). Pretty much your fairly typical fantasy world, really.

Many of those chosen to colonise the world are made up of scientists and other civilians, sent to study the world and its strange properties. Meanwhile, the native kingdom of Arcadia dispatches a task force to investigate the strange happenings.

Players either play as members of Survey Team 21, a team sent to investigate the planet and take some surface samples that inventively makes first contact with the natives, or members of a force sent out by the Kingdom of Arcadia to investigate the outside-context problem, or anyone else who happens to be nearby.

This RP will largely focus on the interactions between the two sides, and things that happen in the long run.

DM either me or my GMs for the Discord link.

Be sure to DM either me or my GMs for the Discord link. It's pretty much mandatory due to plot discussions being there.

I would be interested. For some reason I couldn't send private message. Maybe I haven't posted enough here... Anyway, if there is still a open spot for one more on the kingdom side and you don't mind that I'm not non-native english speaker I would be happy to join.

This RP is still open and accepting. There was a little debacle earlier, but I think we're back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back