• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Star Wars: Wild Space Saga

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
full

The galaxy is not a happy place. The Clone Wars ended but most are now only coming to realize what has been truly lost. The Republic died to the sounds of clapping Senators as the Chancellor had himself declared Emperor. The Galactic Civil War followed as the Empire stamped out the last pockets of Separatist resistance in the galaxy.

The New Order crushed all resistance to its establishment, the once welcome Grand Army of the Republic mutated into the monstrous Imperial Army and Navy. Humanity flocked to the Empire, shoring up its power and control. Major species either resisted or bowed their heads to the new system of rule.

The Empire then unveiled the most terrible of its acts, a battle station capable of destroying entire worlds. This technological terror slayed peaceful Alderaan even as the Emperor disbanded the Imperial Senate, destroying literally and figuratively the last voices of democracy in the Empire. The Death Star has met its surprising end at the the gas giant of Yavin when it struck out to destroy a major base of the rising Rebel Alliance...

But who gives a gundark's ear about that crap? This is Wild Space, friend, and the only thing you need to worry about is yourself. Its the great frontier with no damn Star Destroyers or preachy freedom fighters to get in your way. Word is... there's some big boom going on this planet... think its called Lehon or something. You in, mate? I guarantee there's credits in it for ya!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is intended to be my first Hosted Project with the board. Its to be an ongoing storyline of various rogues and rebels who have come to the ancient and forgotten world of Lehon. The planet itself has turned into a boom town with the Empire issuing the infamous Tagge Company mining rights to the world. There is a lot of ancient tech and relics here worth scavenging as well, enough for a Imperial Expedition to be on the world. This world oddly enough is positioned to perfectly trade as well with several Unknown Regions cultures who have started to reach out to the growing frontier world.

So what does this all mean? It means I am using both of Fantasy Flight's Star Wars Roleplaying games, Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion.

This is to represent the fact Lehon is turning rapidly into a fulcrum point. The Empire's presence isn't overwhelming here, thus the Rebellion sees a world ripe for their own efforts. More so it borders the Outer Rim along with giving them access to various new worlds in Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. I'm looking for players interested in Star Wars with a bit of a Western theme as its a frontier world. There's plenty of opportunity in a world that could rapidly turn into a major freeport thanks to the Tagge Company, prospectors, relic hunters and generally people tired of the more populous parts of the galaxy. The world represents a new beginning for a lot of people, including Rebel Agents looking to make sure this world sides with the Rebellion when the time comes or they can help make it a free world before then.

Edge of the Empire Opportunities

-Exploration

-Business

-Bounty Hunting

-Crime

Age of Rebellion Opportunities

-Espionage

-Sabotage

-Revolt

-Recruitment

I would like to note... due to Lehon's past there will be Force and Destiny tie-ins as well for Force Users. Same goes for any brave soul wanting to tap into the Force with the options in Edge and Age.

Current Interested Players: 6

Plenty of room as this is a planned ongoing game.

Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm unfamiliar with Fantasy Flight's Star Wars RPG, having only ever built characters for PBPs that didn't pan out for Star Wars Saga edition games. Will this game be Newbie friendly?

There is a character concept I've been meaning to play in a game in this era. A jedi Padawan who survived the purge by hiding among the Mandalor.

@vinom

I can work with that some but its dangerous to be a force user, just keep that in mind. You won't have a lightsaber, probably had to sell yours in your journey through life so far to survive. Plus they are big liabilities and without a Master to train you in it more you won't get farther with it.

@Revan The Courier

Powered armor is very expensive and hard to come by. Starting characters will not be able to get that. Don't want to give you false expectations. You can totally do jobs to get enough creidits to get it if your going the Edge angle. For Rebellion its hard to say but you could find some means to acquire some most likely in the long run.

Ok

Btw there would most likely be quite a few mandalorians who could train him, They live their lives to learn how to kill someone in any way possible

I get there is a danger with being a force user and training oneself up in secret in the arts... that's what makes this character idea fun. If the fact that I currently lack a lightsaber is one of those hurdles I need to over come, so be it.

Indeed, one of the best lightsaber duelists in the Clone Wars Era was a Mandolorian with no force skills. And the Mando's do have a strong 'what ever works' attitude towards things.

Agreed, in the long term I'm willing to allow the Lightsaber skill to be learned, but you'd have to find a teacher at least starting out. Sort of a kickstart to picking the art back up yourself.

Interesting pair so far. Hopefully we'll pick up more but players are welcome to build their groups with how they want to for the most part. This is a game intended for multiple parties in the long and short term.

I get that there are some skills I can't get the first dot in without someone to show me the ropes.

No such thing as a blaster shotgun. There is a shotgun called the Hammer though. Shoots mini exploding shot pellets so its pretty nice. Its all on if you can afford it. Characters at max get about 3,000 credits if they take extra Obligation or Duty. The negative stats that help flesh the game out.

I'll have to borrow books from a friend... I think I know someone who has hard copies I can refer to.

Patience, folks. I'm taking care of some stuff but we'll discuss it soon enough.

@Vengeance Spirit

Great, that looks like four possibly already. Very good to see.

I'll be PMing everyone shortly while I also look into my app for the project to host this game.

Also, I've put in the app for the Hosted Project. So I'm happy to answer more questions while we wait for resolution.

The game is also still quite open. Its intended to continuously recruit and grow if possible.

I've never tried the new Star Wars systems, but I've heard good things. I'm interested in trying. I'll glance at the rules and see what inspiration strikes - I don't have any burning character ideas. I'm guessing we're all intended to be Rebel, Light Side, or Anarchy aligned? Not even sure if these systems support anything else out of the box, just curious about options.

So you have them on hand already? Also welcome aboard. The more the merrier for this. I'm going to be overly ambitious.

As to options, its mainly Rebels and Mercs. So mercs could take up jobs with Imperial interests if they really wanted to. Lightsiders are preferred but you can fall to the dark side. Its all about choice. If you got quick and easy with the force, that's tapping into the Darkside of the force. The results are more GM decision so you can fall and I will allow it but there are prices to be paid for going to that path.

Any room left at this moment, by chance?

And- which system was Fantasy Flight's- was Fantasy Flight the D20 Star Wars System? I think I have that book, but I want to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back