• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Rising Tide [closed]

Kylo, of course, did not think in the slightest about how a woman walking around in his attire would look. It was a concept he never dealt with before, and unless he did caught wind of the rumors, or if someone dared to confront him about it, it would remain unknown for him.

But he did continue to think of how she looked in his tunic, of how small she was. And of the sparring mishap that he knew Myka planned. The cold shower helps things somewhat, but he still found himself frustrated and aggravated when he got out.

As he was drying off, there was a knock at his door. Myka. Kylo quickly slipped on his pants and answered the door. His tunic was in her grasp, but his gaze didn’t stop there.

If this is decent for her, what would be indecent.

He had a feeling it would look something similar to the mishap earlier. “Um, thank you.” Kylo did manage to grab his tunic and divert his eyes back up to her face.

~~

Azra smiled at Poe’s easy acceptance. One thing would remain the same between them, even if it was something like a nickname, it made her feel a bit better, if only slightly.

“No, not just the Order,” she shook her head. “I truly wanted to find out for myself what was happening in the galaxy, and so I sought out stories concerning both the Resistance and the First Order.” And the answers and stories she came across had shocked her in many ways.

“Even after all of that, I realized how...sheltered I’ve been from what was really going on, but after what you’ve shown me?” She let out a bitter laugh. “I guess sheltered wouldn’t be the right word to describe it.” Perhaps brainwashed.

Brainwashed by her own father. By people she had known since childhood. The very thought brought more tears to her eyes, but Azra fought to keep them back.

To distract herself, she continued, “And sometimes I would just interview regular people who had been affected by the war, just to tell their stories and their viewpoints. I think those are my favorite pieces to do, because of all the different people I get to talk to.” Though of course, some stories were hard to handle. War was not a pretty thing.

Kylo Ren without a shirt was still a great image to absorb, although he really, desperately, needed better pants. She bit her bottom lip as he took the tunic, nodding, “Mmm.” She could still enjoy what she could see, though, before he threw the tunic on or went to find another one.

Okay, did she really have to leave?

“So, what do you do all day?” Myka wondered aloud, deciding that was a good enough way to find reason to linger, “I imagine it isn’t all just training and lounging about in your room,” she couldn’t help but cock a grin, “although if it is, I wouldn’t mind lounging in here with you, picking your brain.”

Going to find the stormtrooper could wait, while Kylo had wet hair and was disoriented.

~***~

Poe leaned back on the couch as Azra explained what she’d been up to. She hadn’t just stuck to the stories of the Order, or following those leads, it seemed. “Oh yeah? What did you find out about the Resistance? What stories have you written about us?” He couldn’t help the cheeky smile that came after her admittance of being sheltered.

He did wonder how shallow the stories were, for both the Order and the Resistance.

He wondered if she ever wrote much on the New Republic – certainly she must have, if she wrote about the war, right? The New Republic came out of that war, after all, and had tried to influence things, for better or worse.

Usually, for better.

Poe knew he was biased, though. It came with his own childhood and how he grew up. At least he was aware of that, even if he didn’t think he was wrong.

Kylo was fully aware of what Myka was looking at, of what she held great interest in at the moment. He didn’t quite know how to react, so he pushed down the flush that threatened to spread across his face. Maybe I should have put on a tunic before answering the door.

Too late.

He backed away from the door so Myka could enter, as it seemed she was wishing to stay and chat for a minute. Kylo wouldn’t deny that, even if he felt like he should.

Some Jedi teachings did not want to disappear.

“It heavily varies day by day,” Kylo admitted. “Many days I am away from the Finalizer, tracking down leads for the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker.” Some leads had been successful, but others only led to a dead end. Despite setbacks, he could feel himself getting closer to finding the Jedi.

“Though today, I have nothing more scheduled, unless Snoke summons me.” Although Kylo wondered if having Myka there, ‘picking his brain,’ would be a good idea.

~~~

Azra’s eyes followed Poe as he leaned back, and she gave him a nonchalant shrug. “Some good things, some bad things. You can always read those stories yourself, they’ll be easy to find.” A simple search of her name on the HoloNews Network would turn up many stories about the Resistance, the First Order, the New Republic, and the many interviews she conducted over the last several months.

“I found out that there’s a lot of people out there who think that the Resistance won’t actually help the galaxy, that you’ll try and stop the First Order, but then forget about the people afterwards, like the New Republic did for many planets.” Which was a viewpoint Azra held similar feelings about.

“But then there are others out there who truly believe in your cause, especially from those who still remember the days of the Galactic Empire. They want to believe you can put a stop to the First Order before they succeed.” Which, now, Azra wanted to believe as well.

“So if you guys are a bunch of anarchists, then you’re anarchists with a good cause.”

‘I could give you something to do.’ Myka managed not to say that as she strode into his room when he allowed, and naturally, gravitated back to his bed, where she took a seat once more, frowning a bit at his deduction and his activities.

“So, there’s this entire organization of military might around you, that you hope to one day lead,” Myka began, “and you have absolutely nothing to do with its day-to-day?” She canted her head.

“Sounds like someone doesn’t want you to have a good chance of taking it over.” Also known as Snoke, who likely hoped Kylo would remain entirely dependent on his leadership, and aware of his continued failings and ability to lead this massive army. “Perhaps during the times you’re not away, you should look into getting involved more in how this machine operates?”

He didn’t even notice there was another like him right on the ship!

Which, Myka still hoped he wouldn’t notice, but still, he was squandering an opportunity to make his ascent to leadership clear.

~***~

What Azra had to say about the opinions of the galaxy were of little surprise to Poe. Given that the Rebel Alliance had established the New Republic, and they could see the difficulties facing it now, it was no surprise people imagined that the Resistance might just be good for handling the First Order, and then letting the New Republic do whatever.

Which, wasn’t far from the truth, really.

Leia was done with politics and Poe had no such dreams. That didn’t mean he intended to just fuck off after the war was done, but doing large change in the system? No. He’d just likely pick up a career of humanitarian missions and being loud and annoying so the New Republic heard him and what was going on outside of their notice, or concern.

Maybe that would be enough.

Probably not, though. So he could only chuckle at Azra’s deductions. “Well, you’ll get to make your own opinions about us, soon. But I think anarchists with good intentions sounds about right – just a little less anarchy. We want governance.” They were just not good at it themselves, and pretty much just good for situations that required immediate intervention.

The long-term stuff was why the New Republic was around. They just had to give it a chance and let it have time.

Which was unfortunate. That time meant the lives of many would pass before it was working well.

Kylo had more involvement in the day-to-day operations of the ship than he led Myka to believe, but he would let the issue rest. There was no need in correcting her on that right then.

As Myka moved to his bed, again, Kylo moved to toss the tunic she wore into the laundry and pulled out a clean one from his closet, pulling it over his head so he would no longer be shirtless.

He could imagine Myka’s disappointment.

But he considered her words. More power was what he yearned for, and yet he remained in the position of Snoke’s apprentice, as the leader of the Knights of Ren. Even as the leader of the Knights, he still had to go to Snoke for permission to go on missions.

Kylo strolled over to the bed. “And how would you suggest I go about this?” He decided to humor her, to see what she would say. To replace Snoke and become the new Supreme Leader of the First Order…

He yearned for that kind of power.

~~~

Yes, she would make her own opinions about the Resistance soon, and Azra knew she had to let her previous biases on the Resistance disappear. Or push them down and be willing to see the positives.

Since they haven’t actively destroyed planets, or kidnapped children, they were already looking better in her eyes. Talking to Poe and getting to know him better also helped.

She was just worried about how everyone else would react to her, if they found out of her past before she left. If she left.

She scoffed. “Fuck, maybe a little anarchy isn’t a bad thing.” Structured government didn’t seem to work, maybe a period of lawlessness would fix things. It couldn’t hurt the galaxy any more than it already had.

Myka was indeed disappointed that Kylo opted to put on a shirt – and a clean one, at that, but she tempered it. Part of her reason for being here was only partially lust. The more important parts were about power and control, and getting Kylo into the right positions bettered her odds.

And she wouldn’t think about those positions.

Too much.

She moved her hands behind her as he came forward towards the bed, leaning back and looking up at him. She crossed one leg over the other, “Establish better relationships with the people in charge, which seems to include a General Hux, General Pryde, and Admiral Griss,” that there were two generals in high power was odd, but of course, reading over that each had different areas they were charged with made it make a bit more sense, “as well as propaganda personnel to assist your image, and some of the more important military captains, of which I’m assuming Captain Phasma is one.”

The names were dropped easily this time, no confusion, no nicknames. She’d done her reading of the material. She had ideas from it about who was in charge of actual military affairs, and so, who needed to be coddled to receive support in any kind of coups.

“With better relationships, there’s more to do, so it’s tedious work, but it puts you into a good position to show you understand the workings of the military, and that other people are…,” she lifted her foot to draw it along up Kylo’s leg, “replaceable.”

Not only Snoke, but those military officials, as well. Once Snoke was replaced, Kylo could begin to secure power through those he wanted by various appointments to aides and other sorts of positions.

~***~

Poe laughed at her new attitude towards anarchy, “No, no, we don’t want that,” he chuckled, shaking his head. “Then people like Terex end up in charge, and you know, I think I’d rather be in a First Order prison camp,” shit, did they go over the labor camps? “then I would live under that kind of regime.”

Without governance, it would just be the rule of the strong, and that always meant military dictatorships. That wasn’t the kind of world he wanted for anyone, where a person’s only purpose was to just…beef up a military.

There had to be more to life than that.

There had to be arts, there had to be sports, holodramas and hologames! There had to be something worth living for, not someone to die for.

Establishing a better relationship with General Hux. Kylo wanted to laugh at the suggestion. General Pryde and Admiral Griss may be easier to deal with, and thus easier to better their working relationship. It all remained to be seen, but he wouldn’t completely dismiss the idea just yet.

And a propaganda personnel...didn’t their propaganda department suffer a big issue not too long ago? Nevertheless, reassigning one of them to take on the task of promoting his image, as well as some of the more established military captains could be promising.

“You do offer a valid-” his words paused and stuttered when he felt the stray foot trail up his leg. Kylo thought to step back, away from the touch, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Not when his resolve was crumbling.

“You offer a valid point,” he uttered, but his voice was noticeably shaky, his mind decidedly not thinking about politics and the future of the First Order, but by the woman laying in his bed wearing clothes that left nothing to the imagination. “I will consider those options.”

~~~

Azra scrunched up her face at the mention of Terex. “Yeah, no, I’m good without those like him in charge.” Kriff, that would be terrifying. She could just imagine…

Wait, prison camps?

She knew there were prisons out there for those who committed great crimes against the First Order...but now Azra doubted who these criminals were, and what crimes they committed. Her smile disappeared with the bleak thought.

Should she ask? Azra knew she would be greatly upset with whatever answer Poe gave her.

“What are these prison camps like?” Her voice came out as a whisper, and she wrapped her arms tight around her frame, bracing herself for something terribly unpleasant.

Kylo’s stumbling agreement was certainly priceless. Myka’s expression didn’t change through it, though. That coy smile remained, as if she was entirely ignorant of what she was doing to him, not focused on the movement – and yet very, very aware of it. She let Kylo regain his composure to finish agreeing with her.

Just as he should, of course.

“I may not have all of your experience, but I do have my own sorts,” she said, words intentionally vague to let Kylo wonder at what sorts of experience she spoke of. Knowing how easy it was to move his mind.

She let her leg move back down, never looking away from his face, “And I am always willing to help come up with ways to put you into better positions,” she so wished to take a look into his head, but she would refrain. For one, that would just ruin everything. That wasn’t exactly a subtle talent.

And then she sought to intentionally mess it up by not being vague, just to leave him a bit flustered, as her leg lost contact, “After all, I am still looking to find my place here in the Order, and your leadership looks far more appealing than Snoke’s.”

If he was going to keep her hanging she was going to make sure he didn’t sleep well.

~***~

Nope, apparently they had not touched on prison camps, and Poe sighed. “I almost want a drink before I even get into it,” he said, but he wouldn’t reach for one. The camps were…hellish. “I don’t know what you know of them. I know that some in the First Order think they’re for reformation, but…well…I guess I’ll let you be the judge of that.”

He straightened up, “So, I’ve seen two, the one I remember most was Martaus VI,” he sighed, “The people there, most of them, aren’t even criminals. Most are just the citizens of that planet, arrested for resisting the First Order, in a nutshell, but they have others – artists seems to be the most popular to throw in there.”

Realizing what she wanted to be, he winced, “Sorry. Political enemies are also…Leia’s been looking for someone that she thinks is in them, but they’re not listed by names. It’s always just…numbers, like the Stormtroopers. No real details other than brief descriptions, the supposed crime, and then the numbers. There’s no release date. No amount of time that works off their crime. They’re slaves in all but name, and they’re put through backbreaking labor, or into potentially poisonous mines. The Order knows they’re going to be working until they die, so they don’t care to try and preserve any lives.”

He added, “I don’t know if you heard of Riosa and what happened to it under the Galactic Empire but it’s…kind of like that.”

Every word Myka spoke, as that damned foot trailed along his leg, held certain connotations for Kylo. His mind was far gone, far in the gutter, and he had to keep reminding himself of what exactly they were talking about. His image in the First Order. Assuring leadership and succession.

But a reclining woman in his bed, with that coy smile, was very tempting and persuasive.

“And I’m sure we will continue to find your place here in the Order, as you continue to find these better positions.” His voice betrayed any false composure he pretended to have. She knows exactly what she was doing.

She had to.

A surge of confidence allowed for Kylo to lean over the bed, setting his hands on either side of Myka’s form. “And if your advice turns out to be very useful, I think we will be very pleased with one another.”

~~~

Reformation camps. That was something Azra had heard before, and she never questioned it. It had been easier that way, back in the Order. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

She braced herself for some horrible tale as Poe commented on the need for a drink. Could it be that bad?

Apparently it was. Azra remained silent as Poe told her of the prison camps, of how most of the people weren’t criminals, but just citizens who wanted to keep their freedom. Artists. Political enemies. People who weren’t deserving of hard labor punishment.

The First Order had slaves. And just to further dehumanize them, no one had their names, but numbers.

Azra felt the guilt and the agony swell in her chest. She didn’t even hear what he said about Riosa. There was also anger.

Lots of anger.

She didn’t say a single word after that. Instead, she shot up on her feet to walk back over to the cabinet and wordlessly grabbed her whiskey, bypassing the tumbler glasses. BB-8 let out a trill of concerned beeps, but Azra didn’t hear him as she started to chug the bottle in some desperate hope that it would deaden her pain.

Kylo’s attempt to respond in just as vague of terms shook his own composure, and Myka was absolutely living to see it. To hear it. It was easy to drink up the sights and sounds, and she was fairly certain no one else in the galaxy had ever bothered Kylo this way. Who would dare?

He was an imposing figure, even without the Force, made all the more clear when he loomed over her, arms pinning her in.

She wondered how many jealous officers or stormtroopers there might be. Imposing or not, they had to know how he looked, right? Or maybe not – maybe they never saw him without the mask.

“Will we now?” She questioned as she leaned forward, closing some of that space to reach up and wrap one arm around the back of his neck, and entwine the other in his hair, taking his own boldness as suggestion enough, even if she knew how quick he could be to back off, “And just how will I know that, Ren?”

~***~

Poe should have suspected Azra’s direction based on his own words, but he didn’t rise to his feet until BB-8 began to let out those concerned trills. His eyes widened as she started to chug, and he immediately moved to where she was standing, and reached up for the wrist holding the bottle.

“Hey, hey,” he didn’t want to push it down all at once and risk splattering whiskey everywhere, or causing her to choke on a swallow, but he wasn’t going to just let her chug the remaining amount. Not for this reason. Not for now, “You didn’t know, Azra.” He reminded, though he knew that might not help the guilt.

The guilt that told her she should have known, especially as a journalist.

Still, he’d add pressure to her wrist to lower the drink, “You can’t stop what you don’t know about it, and you don’t deserve to feel guilty over this, okay?” It would take more than that – so much more than that, he was sure, but he couldn’t offer her the healing of five years in a moment.

She had to make it to that point.

His breath hitched as Myka further closed the space between them, wrapping an arm around his neck and entangling fingers in his hair. Kylo shuddered with the sensation, and goosebumps prickled along his skin. Oh, he definitely liked that feeling, her hand in his hair.

She asked him a question, didn’t she? He saw her lips move, but he wasn’t aware of the sound that came out of her mouth. Her lips. He swallowed, staring at her lips. One hand reached up, the other still supporting his body, to entwine in her hair

Kylo couldn’t answer her question. He definitely didn’t hear her question. Contrasting voices in his head told him to pull away and to pull closer, but there was only one he could obey in the moment.

His body leaned forward, closing the gap between them, as he firmly pressed his lips into hers, his fingers tightening in her hair.

~~~

Azra chugged a few large gulps, savoring the burn of the liquor, by the time Poe reached for her first. She begrudgingly lowered the bottle and set it back down on the counter. Tears began to roll down her cheeks as she shook her head, “I should have known. I shouldn’t have been so fucking naive.”

But Poe was right though. She shouldn’t feel guilty over something that was kept from her, but she did. She felt guilty for every individual in the prison camps. She felt guilty over Hays Minor, for the missing children, for Castilon, for everything.

She couldn’t think of anything else but the guilt that overwhelmed her.

In her desire to seek comfort, Azra stepped closer to Poe, recognizing the warmth from his body, and wrapped her arms around his torso, and buried her head into his shoulder. The first sob racked her body. I have to do something to fix this.

Kylo Ren was so reactive, it was rather adorable, though Myka would not be saying that thought aloud anytime soon. Few men wanted to be called ‘adorable’, after all. Nonetheless, she wouldn’t speak into the moment again to coax an answer, but she’d let him wrestle with the sensations, the words, until he found a good enough answer to the question.

Yes, she would quite like this form of reward for leading him in the right direction, and she curled her fingers tighter into his hair, holding strands firm against his scalp. The arm that ran along his shoulders and neck applied pressure as she both lifted herself a bit to press into him, and also tried to draw him down to her.

Tried to encourage him to take the moment and run with it.

One leg would also hook behind one of his to also further that invitation to join her on the bed, but she’d not force it upon him. Simply try to guide, as she responded to his kiss with her own hunger for him, her own desire to have him.

~***~

Poe wouldn’t have guessed this kind of reaction from an ex-First Order defector. Not so suddenly, at least. He always expected an argument, a fight, a need to defend what was done or call out the other things as not having enough evidence to support them as First Order operations.

Azra didn’t fight.

She embraced it – and fell into her pain.

Poe didn’t enjoy that at all, though it was easier. He knew it was the right step towards healing and making amends for this, but he didn’t like to see her in such pain, and so he immediately wrapped his arms around her body as it was wracked with sobs, and put a hand over the back of her head to hold her close against him. To let her know it was all right. She didn’t need to worry about moving away because she was crying.

It was just a few tears.

His shirt would survive.

And he cooed, “They hid it from millions of people, Azra,” to let her know, she wasn’t alone. That she shouldn’t fault herself for not knowing, “and you knew something was fishy, or you wouldn’t have gone this route. That’s better than most.” He tried to soothe, as the hand at her back went back to rubbing along her spine.

Oh, he liked the tugging sensation on his scalp. Heat spread through his body, and Kylo gave into the temptation to further lower himself down onto Myka until they touched the bed.

His free hand sought the bare skin of her midriff, trailing over her flesh and relishing how soft her sin felt. The faint voice in his head that told him he shouldn’t give in was now gone, and he easily responded to any invitation Myka offered to him.

So when her leg hooked behind his, he leaned into the suggestion to join her on the bed, only breaking the kiss then, but not pulling away. Kylo looked down at her, chest heaving and fingers still tightly entangled in her hair.

Only there for a day and she already made him a mess.

Kylo wanted to say something, anything, but words failed him in the moment. He could only focus on every sensation he was feeling in the moment that he desired to chase.

~~~

Azra could only let out more sobs when she felt Poe’s arms around her, as she melted into the embrace and allowed her emotions to let go. It was strange to be held like that, but she liked it. Poe was warm and felt secure. Plus he smiled nice.

Her sobs died down as she focused on that warmth, on the hand on the back of her head, and on the hand gently rubbing along her spine. “You’re right, I did know something was up. I just didn’t realize how much,” she whispered, somewhat muffled by his shirt.

The tears stopped, but she didn’t let go just yet. Azra liked the comfort. It soothed her. “You smell good,” she mumbled, not quite thinking of what she said with alcohol still in her body.

She just couldn’t care right then.

“I want you to show me the Resistance. Show me everything that you’re doing.” Poe had already been resolute on bringing her to their base, but now? Now Azra wanted to hope that had what it took to burn down the First Order.

Only there for a day, and already Myka had wrapped the boy around her finger. Myka wasn’t one to take things slow, or even consider what sort of damage moving too quick might cause. Consequences be damned – they usually played in her favor, and she wanted this. She didn’t let him speak into the moment and ruin it with his questions, she lifted up enough to bite his bottom lip and pull him back into the sensations.

And she’d continue to guide in a fashion more of showing, instead of telling – although some of that ‘showing’ was in sounds, more than words.

A willing student was a good student.

And Myka was glad to see how he looked without those atrocious pants on him, and to stay alongside him as he caught his breath again, pressing her lips only briefly to a few marks of her nails on his shoulder.

At least with what he wore, that would be covered up easily.

“Better, Ren?” It was said a bit teasingly, but no hint of mockery was in her tone.

That had to answer a few of his questions.

And settle a few emotions in his mind.

~***~

Poe only relaxed his grip slightly, and then just on her head, as Azra started to speak. He didn’t want her to be too muffled, and he wanted to understand in case it required comment. It seemed that she was letting the truth soak in – both truths, obviously, of what the First Order was doing, and that she wasn’t responsible.

She wasn’t guilty of those crimes she didn’t know.

He chuckled a little at her comment of his smell, “Thanks – I think I smell like you,” he’d used her shower, after all. Her soap. “Wait till we get back to base,” he murmured, though he imagined he might still like his scent, even if it was of his choice.

At least he told himself that.

He still wouldn’t release her with her next demand – not until she actually did start to move away from him. He didn’t mind the contact, and he didn’t want her to feel like she was being pushed away, either. “We’ll head there tomorrow,” he promised, “and I’ll introduce you to General Organa.”

Probably a terrifying thought, but she’d see soon enough that Leia was good. She still should be terrified of her, but…not for the reasons she was thinking, probably.

Kylo became encapsulated with Myka in such a short time, a fact that had to align with her being a Sith. Or her clothes. But he didn’t wish to resist anymore, and he didn’t. He gave in to the euphoria she brought forth from him.

And he was a very, very eager student., memorizing what action created which sounds.

He just wanted to lay there and relish the moment, cherish the way her lips pressed against the marks she left on his skin, and wonder if any bruises will mar her skin the next day.

At her question, he couldn’t help but to chuckle. “Yeah, I think so.”

That voice that didn’t want him to pursue anything was gone. And he, admittedly, felt better. Like a lot of tension just melted away. One had skimmed over her bare skin, just simply enjoying the contact. Should he say he wanted to do that again, another time?

Maybe not.

~~~

Azra allowed herself a chuckle. Yeah, he did smell like her soap. “You smelled good in the X-Wing too,” she added, and with the memory brought up, she was reminded of the other thoughts she had of Poe that day. Of how she liked sitting in his lap.

Damn alcohol.

And tomorrow, they’ll head to the Resistance base. And he’ll introduce her to General Organa. Oh shit. Yeah, Azra was a little scared of meeting her from all the stories she heard over the years. From her father and from other officers in both the old Empire and the Order.

I’m sure those were lies too.

“What do you think she will say?” With the way Poe looked up to Leia Organa, Azra couldn’t imagine Leia would act any differently other than kind and understanding. But...there was still that fear. Leia was infamous. She tightened her arms around Poe, but tilted her head slightly to the side so she wouldn’t be as muffled.

Kylo Ren at least sounded more relaxed, which Myka took as a good sign. He’d enjoyed himself, and she wasn’t keen to make it seem like a big deal, lest that send the wrong impression to him.

She didn’t mind lingering, enjoying the light caresses as she let herself bask in the moment, both the victory of it, and the simple pleasure of his warmth, and his touch. “Good,” she smiled against him, “because I am certainly feeling much better.”

Not a lie, though she wasn’t as…pent up as Kylo was.

She reached a hand up to move back some of his hair, “I wouldn’t mind practicing this with you more,” she allowed, “along with the many other things we still have to practice, and do,” her own training, his movement up in the Order. “I do enjoy your company, Ren.”

For many reasons – but all he needed to hear were the sweet nothings that accompanied a pleasant venture.

~***~

Poe was a bit smugly proud of smelling good in the X-Wing, even if it wasn’t his best day. He’d get to show off later, he supposed. He wouldn’t think too much of that right then, or the urge he had to kiss on her head.

Even if it was meant mostly as a chaste action, of comfort, he had a feeling those didn’t transfer over to First Order understanding very well. Hugs and kisses were probably fairly foreign for anything comforting – and likely almost as foreign in intimate relationships.

“Leia’s worked with Imperial defectors before,” Poe said, “plenty defected after Alderaan. Many were pivotal in seeing the Empire fall. She knows how vast things like the Order and the Galactic Empire are – to expect everyone to know every detail is insane. It’d be like asking me to name every law and senator that is a part of the New Republic, back when I was a part of their navy.”

No one expected every member of the Order to know everything.

That’s why people so often left, after all. They didn’t know what they were involved in.

“She’ll understand.”

There was a slight surge of pride as Myka admitted she also felt better. It was a great feeling, as he knew he was the reason for that, as she was the reason he was feeling much better.

So his answer seemed obvious to himself. Or he was simply more malleable in his current state, as she reached up a hand to brush back some of his hair. Kylo let out a sigh at the simple gesture, a sensation he enjoyed thoroughly.

“You’re frustrating,” he began, his fingers still trailing along her skin, “but I enjoy your presence as well. I wouldn’t mind...practicing this with you some more, along with everything else.” Serious practice, along with this fun practice.

Why not engage in an activity that helped relax him and release the tension he carried on a daily basis?

~~~

She’ll understand.

Azra hoped Poe was right, and that Leia Organa was truly forgiving. He liked her enough, she had to be, right? She really had no other choice in the matter.

She nodded to what Poe had to say, “Okay, I trust you’re right.” He hadn’t been wrong about anything else so far, unfortunately, so he had to be right about Leia’s character, right?

Poe’s embrace was too comfortable, and too unfamiliar of a sensation, that Azra didn’t want to pull away. She lingered for only a few more seconds before she did, instantly regretting the loss of warmth.

“I bet I look a mess,” she mumbled with a dry laugh. Her hands reached to wipe away the remaining tears on her cheeks. “I can’t remember the last time I cried like that.”

Myka grinned at being called frustrating. She was, and she was doing it somewhat intentionally at times. Getting him frustrated had led to his presence here, sharing a bed with her, after all. He had needed some…persuasion to get there, and the build-up of frustration had done the trick within 24-hours.

Myka was proud of that. Probably would be for a while. Even if next time she definitely needed to remember a few things.

So she chuckled at his words, and his agreement, “I’ll look forward to it,” and while she could certainly enjoy the moment, even curl up and sleep alongside him, it still felt far too early. She wasn’t even sure it was the afternoon yet, and she had more energy, rather than less. ‘Stay. It’s his first time, stay a little longer.’

At least until he moved. Stars forbid she end up causing offense too soon.

With his hair back in some sort of order, for now, she let her hand move down over his chest to draw lazy circles with her finger, “If nothing else…it’ll help you shake some of those old Jedi teachings,” certainly now he could see why they were wrong. Even if the Jedi didn’t expressly forbid this, it was heavily recommended.

Of course, Myka was hoping it would establish a bond. An attachment.

~***~

Did Azra look a mess? Yes, of course, but it would have been strange if she didn’t given the crying. At least not much seemed smeared, it was more the standard puffy face, red eyes, tear streaks, and a bit of messy hair, probably partially his fault from his hand.

He wouldn’t say that, of course. “It’s a good thing if you can’t remember. Means you’ve had things pretty good, normal,” stable. People shouldn’t cry like that with any frequency. Maybe once every few years. “C’mon, we should probably get you into bed, get rested up before we go anywhere.”

She would have some time to the peace of her thoughts, and when they woke from the rest cycle, they would get on their way to Takodana, and then the Resistance. Poe did need to stop and get his X-Wing back, after all.

And maybe he should hide the whiskey.

He would at least grab it.

Even if there were things he knew he should do, some tasks to complete even if it was a more off-day for him, Kylo couldn’t find it in himself to rouse from the bed. He was comfortable, satiated, and he enjoyed the pleasant sensation of Myka trailing her fingers over his chest.

“I’m sure you will,” he mumbled, knowing he was looking forward to next time just as much as she may be. If that is what he had been denying himself…

Well he certainly wanted more.

This had only been another reason for why the Jedi were wrong. They were foolish.

His hand moved up to comb his fingers through her hair, savoring how soft it felt. “And to do it again, just to be sure those old Jedi teachings are truly gone,” he chuckled.

~~~

“Good? Normal?” Azra scoffed and shook her head, but she wouldn’t comment any further on that. She wasn’t nearly drunk enough, but even Poe should know that those in the First Order didn’t exactly lead normal lives.

She was just enough beyond the point of sobriety to giggle with Poe’s follow-up statement. “Poe Dameron wants to get me into bed.” Even if, she knew, that wasn’t what he meant in the slightest.

Though going to bed did sound pleasant, even if she wasn’t sure how well she would be able to sleep after her emotional evening. Or if nightmares of the victims of the First Order would haunt her.

Azra wouldn’t mind if Poe held her while she slept, allowing her to drift off in the warmth of his arms. Should she say that? No, no, she definitely shouldn’t say that.

She staggered slightly as she made her way to the bedroom, her mind beyond hazy with alcohol and emotions. "Though maybe that's not such a bad idea."

Kylo’s murmuring was still adorable.

She didn’t say as much, letting the pleasant sensation of his fingers in her hair distract her from it as a shiver went down her spine. She shut her eyes to enjoy it further, contented as a cat, for the moment.

“Of course,” she said, “we have to make sure it’s not just a fluke, that you won’t be overwhelmed with lingering regret,” she said it teasingly, although if it did occur, she would be there to try and help him through it. It was possible.

Pleasure didn’t always mean an end of regrets or doubts. And he had his history of denial. A sudden surge of regret, disappointment, or guilt, wouldn’t be entirely unexpected.

But for now, while his mood held, she thought teasing appropriate enough.

~***~

Poe did know, but he figured if there had been happiness, or at least, not enough bouts of crying, that meant something. She’d had her father. She was leaving that behind, now, but…well, he assumed there had still been some good moments. That people still sought out some of the similar pleasures, across the galaxy.

He did roll his eyes a bit at her giggle and wording. Not that he wouldn’t, but certainly not with Azra in this state. That was just…wrong.

“Yeah, yeah,” he said with a teasing tone, “Come on then, off to bed,” he patted her back and encouraged her along towards the bedroom, as he followed with the whiskey bottle in hand. He’d stay besides her to make sure she wouldn’t fall, noticing how she staggered.

“Let’s get you in, I’ll tuck you in,” Poe said, figuring in her state she wouldn’t think too much about that and she’d settle in much easier. Then he could settle into his own bed and hide the whiskey for the night.

Although Myka had said it in a teasing manner, Kylo did know the possibility of his mind teeming with regret was real. He always questioned so much, wondering if something would lead him down the path he wanted. But this had to, right?

The Jedi certainly didn’t partake in any such bedroom activities, though he heard stories of a few who had. They were the outliers though, and most of the other Jedi frowned upon such a thing.

It was a wonder why they hadn’t died out generations ago.

“If I am overwhelmed with this regret, I am confident you will find a way to cure me of that regret.” Just as she had so easily brought him into this very position in his quarters. “Although if next time is anything like this, I do not see myself regretting anything.”

Kriff, no, there won’t be regret, and if there was, he would want someone to slap sense into him.

~~~
As they made their way to the bedroom, Azra managed to not fall over, though she did brace herself on Poe once, with her hand clutched his upper arm. She didn’t want to remove her hand, but she had to as they entered the room.

“Tuck me in? Aww, I can’t remember when I was last tucked in.” It seemed like such a childish thing, to be tucked in, but she felt her face heat up at the thought. It was such an intimate gesture, and any sort of comforting intimacy was just so...foreign for her.

She flopped down on her bed, before looking down at her clothes and groaned. “I know I should change,” but Azra didn’t stand back up. Instead, she leaned over to remove her shoes, socks remaining on her feet. Her body felt too exhausted to bother with taking them off.

Once the shoes were removed, Azra laid back on the bed. She hadn’t even tried to fall asleep yet, and already her mind swirled with the information Poe gave her that day. All the destruction the First Order had done, and she had been a part of it. Unwittingly, maybe, but she still had a hand in it. That guilt would stay for a while.

Myka opened her eyes again as he spoke of sense being returned to him. While she knew it was a real possibility, she didn’t think it’d be all that hard to restore his faith in this particular path. Even Jedi had slipped and stayed on this path, claiming the lack of attachment didn’t exclude them from partaking of certain pleasures.

“If you think your first time is going to be your best time, Ren, you have a lot of learning to do,” Myka said, amused that Kylo had enjoyed himself so, but hardly surprised. He’d come to figure out it could be much better, as he learned more about himself, and his own wants.

Besides the mere act of getting off.

“I will make sure you don’t forget,” she added, though, to be certain. ‘And hopefully your Master isn’t too upset.’ Though Myka doubted that.

Snoke would not be happy if he ever figured this out, which she didn’t think would be difficult. Kylo didn’t seem subtle to her.

~***~

Poe also wasn’t certain of the last time he’d been tucked in, but he wouldn’t say that. He hadn’t needed this kind of care in a long, long time, after all. And even if he did, who would do it? Leia? Snap? Somehow the thought of either doing that for him just made him feel worse, so he wouldn’t mention that.

At least Azra wasn’t taking this as anything offensive. It wasn’t meant to be, and as she took her shoes off, he set the whiskey bottle down, and once she was settled in, he did pull the blanket over her, and did tuck it under her, hands gliding quickly under her, the blanket between them, as he made sure she was in good and tight.

“There!” He was half-amused, and half-impressed, he’d even been able to get her all bundled up. Sometimes the blankets weren’t big enough for this kind of thing. “Now you should be all secure and warm for the night.” He stepped back, picked up the whiskey bottle again, “I’ll be in my bed soon,” he emphasized that, thinking it might get another giggle.

“I’ll see you in the morning, Azra.”

Kylo hummed in agreement. He would enjoy learning about how this could certainly improve, and maybe that promise would keep him on this path. Away from the regret that may try and surface.

“And something tells me you’ll be very good at that job.” Certainly if there was another wardrobe mishap if they sparred again. Or when. They still needed to train more, together. There was much they each needed to learn from the other.

The furthest thing from his mind was thinking how his own Master would react to this. Even if it did cross his mind, Kylo wouldn’t bring himself to care.

Snoke would be gone soon enough, if Kylo got his way.

“Was there anything else you had planned for today?” He imagined she may would have wanted to bother other people, and memorize the labyrinth of the corridors some more.

~~~

When Poe started tucking the blanket underneath Azra, her eyelids began to close as the warmth and snug fit of the blanket soothed her. She completely wore herself out from her emotional turmoil; it wouldn’t take long for her to pass out.

She would giggle at the emphasis in Poe’s words. “That’s a shame. You’re warm,” she muttered, “and your arms make me feel safe.” Something Azra wouldn’t ever admit while sober or in a clear mind, not while still in the early stages of getting to know one another.

Still, he had now seen her completely hysterical. That had to count for something.

“Goodnight, Poe.” It wouldn’t take long for Azra to drift off, but her dreams would be far from peaceful. Not that night.

Myka could be very good at that, and making sure Kylo understood the fun of getting riled up, and the anticipation. He would learn. Now that he’d given in, it would be much easier to teach him without too much worry of his reaction.

And even then…well, she didn’t really dislike anger in these situations, either.

At his query of what else she had to do, she shifted a bit, moving so she was half-on Kylo, resting her arms and chest on him so she could look at his face easier. Look down at him, “I am going to explore the ship some more,” she said easily enough, “meet some of the other people here,” she supposed she ought to try and meet those in power that she could.
Even if the Bridge was, apparently, off-limits based on the yelling from last time.

“There’s still much to actually figure out about this First Order of yours.”

His.

For now.

~***~

Poe smiled to himself, and felt his face heat a bit with the honesty the alcohol allowed in Azra. Well, he wouldn’t be forgetting it anytime soon, though he made note not to tease her immediately on waking up. Maybe later, though. ‘Definitely later.’

He put the whiskey bottle under the cabinets in the fresher. Not the most hidden place, he supposed, but it would do, before he got into his own bed and would go to sleep.

He was still awake before Azra, no doubt the alcohol to blame for that, and so he quietly got dressed and made himself some caf, before he would head to the cockpit and get them routed back towards Takodana so he could pick up his TIE.

He sent a message along to Leia, too, letting her know he’d be back sooner than anticipated.

Kylo’s eyes shifted onto Myka as she moved a bit, half-resting on him. One hand continued to lightly trail over her skin, dipping down low before coming back up, as his other hand just lightly held onto her.

For some reason unknown to him, Kylo found her plans amusing. He chuckled, moving his head back down to look up at the ceiling. “I trust you know which areas to stay out of now?” Like the Bridge.

He didn’t need to get another angry message from General Hux because this woman wandered onto the Bridge and bothered everyone.

But it didn’t take much to annoy General Hux.

“Who have you managed to annoy so far?” he added, the amusement still evident. Kylo didn’t mind one bit if she bothered some of the officers, as long as there was no disruption to First Order business, or disruption to hunting down Luke Skywalker.

~~~

Azra had a very restless sleep, one filled with the imagined faces and screams of the victims of the First Order. Of desolate, ruined planets from their very hands.

Upon waking up the next morning, she did not feel like she got much sleep at all, and the throbbing headache did nothing to help. “Kriff,” she muttered as she opted to stay in bed for a few more minutes. She didn’t have to move, did she?

Poe was moving about, she could tell. Okay, maybe moving would make me feel better. Sitting up, Azra winced as her head spun. So that was a lie. After a few minutes, the throbbing dissipated to tolerable levels, and she stood up and moved to where she thought Poe would be.

And he was exactly where she expected. Azra sat down in the co-pilot’s seat with a light groan, leaning her head back against the headrest without a word.

Only when she settled down and focused on the blur of the stars through the viewport, she said in a soft voice, “Thank you, for last night.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back