• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: New Hope Arises

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"I would rather die than be taken into residence with any of you!" she yelled to them angrily. "It is taking me all of my will power to not press this button right now!" she looked to Boomer. "Just get the thrusters... And get it installed..." she then faced the Imperials. "I am Terra Vanguard, I am not afraid to press this button!" she yelled.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Nova Squid Nova Squid

Meanwhile...

on the planet of Nar Shaddaa, at an Imperialist Movement outpost tower...

was seen Rictor Vellis, head of Empire security on Nar Shaddaa, he was seen starring outside the window until a mere lower class ranked officer had reported to him:

"Sir! Grand Moff Tarkin wishes to speak with you!"

"...Tarkin eh? very well, put him online..."

"...Y-yes, sir..."

the officer left the room, leaving a holo transmission of Tarkin to come online and speak with Vellis:

"...Rictor Vellis...long time no word from...tell me, how goes the hunt for the backup plans?"

"...What? you mean the Scavenger on Geonosis? he's currently speeding around there, as we speak, i intend to contact him within the next three hours."

"You best not disappoint Vellis, lest you should face the wrath of the Emperor himself."

"Hmph! you do not scare me Tarkin, you may have a higher rank then me but don't forget that we attended the academy together so naturally, we could be considered "friends" of sorts..."

"..."Friends"? with a man who deals with the Hutts such, as yourself? you almost make me want to smile..."

"Have your laugh Tarkin, oh! that reminds me, i hear that one of your personal Star Destroyers was blown up recently orbiting Mustafar, is this news true?"

"..."

"I would say that would look bad on your record Tarkin, for letting such Rebel Scum get away with such heresy, if only you were more thoughtful and cautious, as Grand Admiral Thrawn is..."

"...This won't be the last you'll be hearing of me Vellis."

"Nor you I, Tarkin, signing off now."

Vellis had ended the transmission with Tarkin before lastly saying to himself:

"Hmph, that prejudice fool, doesn't he realize how much can be gained from forming alliances with others? he'll see, they will all see, that my methods are not, as tackless, as they may appear to be..."

said Vellis, as he got up off his chair and had proceeded to continue starring outside the window at the space of Nar Shaddaa.​

Last edited:
The crawler was once more on the move, treads being imprinted in sands as the crew moved forward, “well we’ll get em next time right?” Ren said looking at Elizabeth who was beyond annoyed about losing the geonosian Queen tracks. “When is the next time gonna happen Ren?” She asked looking at him, “you know I hate losing my target.”
“The way I see it I’m kind of glad, it means I don’t hve to go on the desert...and the only time I like sand is when it’s on a beach.” Said Maccus as he drove the crawler forward. Vent was on one of the bunks, napping his time away as he awaited the next stop. Though little did the crew know that they were about to come upon what one would assume is a showdown....or a standoff of sorts.

Boomer did not argue it this time, for he went calmly into the bunker, and gently set Sera down. "Alright my friend, do your thing." Boomer said as he took out his pistol, and readied it, then put it back into its holster. "I am getting too old for this crap." he muttered. All he wanted was to leave Geonosis, after all this time of looking for a ship. He also had many questions going through his mind.
"Who are they? What is this Empire that he talks about? And who is this Emperor he mentioned?" Octo Girl Octo Girl The Mechanist The Mechanist Nova Squid Nova Squid Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. I Iamkingdomhearts1000

40 Meters from Terra's Compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

The sudden disappearance of the clone into the bunker was a worrisome proposition. It was well known that clones were skilled, well-armed troops, and one in a defensive position was even worse.

This was taking too long. If the standoff proceeded much longer it would break out in to shots. Five blaster rifles came to bear on the scrap turrets in preparation.The sergeant clicked his A280 onto Stun and raised it, snapping off a quick shot at Terra, aiming to disable her before she could try anything.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers
Octo Girl Octo Girl

Terra was fumed. She yelled as she felt something leave her body. Her eyes went wide as the 'something' forced the shot to do a 180 and hit one of the men. "Did... Did I do that..." she said a bit surprised as she looked at her hand. "This... This has never happened before..." she then looked up at the gunners. "I told you to put your guns down." she said with a smirk as she saw Sera hook the thrusters up and Boomer bring the them back.

Terra tried to look as though she knew what she was doing, although she was still frazzled by the fact she just willed a shot to do a complete 180. "Sera... Hook the thrusters up now." she said. "We have enough food to last us until we need more." she said as Sera started to link the thrusters to the main components. "One last time." Terra yelled as she brought her finger into of the button. "Put... Your weapons... Down!"

Nova Squid Nova Squid I Iamkingdomhearts1000 The Mechanist The Mechanist Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.

The crawler went over a hill but stopped immediately causing Ren to fall forward, “Maccus what the hell?”
“Look,” was all he said pointing a clawed hand forward. “My oh my that’s an ATTE republic walker,” said Vent who was woken up by the sudden stop.
“Wait is that the empire?” Asked Elizabeth as she peered through her weapons scope.
“What do we do?” Asked Maccus turning to Ren.
“I say we get behind the ATTE and go around so we dont get shot at by the empire....though I wonder why they’re all aiming at it...” he said as Maccus began to drive towards the back of the literal walking tank.

Upon hearing the shot, Boomer froze, and was brought into a flashback of when he was in the Clone wars. He was in a droid Factory at night, his squad's objective: Initiate disabling maneuvers. "Alright Squad, we are in. Let's disable this factory." His squad's leader, 34, said as the went in, only to be met with a group of 6 Super Battle droids. "Sir, how do we proceed?" Boomer asked. "It's simple, Alpha. We take down any opposition in our way. Now, eliminate them." 34 said as they all opened fire on the droids.

Then the flashback faded, and instinct kicked its way in. He opened the bunker door once more, and opened fire on the squad, in bursts of 5, without even thinking of a plan. "I will be damned if I let them hurt her." He thought as he managed to land one shot in one of the squad members, nit k owing that there was an unknown group of scientists, accompanied by two armed Chiss, using his Walker as cover against the blaster fire. The Mechanist The Mechanist Nova Squid Nova Squid Octo Girl Octo Girl I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.

40 Meters from Terra's Compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

Trooper Kapila's head burst into colored rain as the clone's bolt made its mark straight on the open face of his helmet. At the same moment, another soldier fell backwards, stunned by a bolt that had turned a full one-eighty to hit him. Everything proceeded in an instant.

"Lethal force! Fire at will! Target that girl!" The soldiers swung around to open fire on the Force-user, but they had already vanished into the cover of the hatch. Black marks dotted the exterior of the rusty vessel.

The eight remaining A280s turned about to target the clone commando. As each soldier hit the dirt, becoming a difficult target in the grass, the air became a wild fusillade of blasts, bright red lances instead of the wide blue cone that had previously been deflected. Turrets swung to open fire, and one jury-rigged gun blew another Imperial soldier away, but they were close, stationary, hard-to-miss targets, and in a few more instants all five went up in smoke.

Sergeant Urlan put two stun-shots- he hadn't the time to switch to lethal- toward the bunker door, suppressing the clone behind it along with his squad, as great sizzling chunks were torn out of the metal hut by Imperial fire. He scrambled for his com-link.

"Delta lead to command! Under fire, grid J2A1! Request backup and orders!" The local commander's response was immediate and by-the-book.

"Reinforcements are on the way, Delta. Hold your ground at all costs! Over and out."

Far away, Imperial troop transports gently lifted off the ground, engines whirring to life with a distinctive roar. Imperial troopers embarked, fresh squads of men awaiting action.

The hammer, slowly, but surely, was beginning to fall.

Octo Girl Octo Girl

Last edited:
Sera meowed loudly as Terra pressed the button. Shots were being fired from every turret. Terra ran to the ship and got in, getting into the pilot seat and activating the shield generator. "BOOMER!" she yelled as the ship started up. "GET YOUR ASS ON THE SHIP NOW!" Sera ran onboard with a crate of supplies.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Nova Squid Nova Squid

“They’re firing!!!” Maccus yelled out as he felt a stray blast hit the side of the crawler. “Elizabeth!” Ren yelled knowing full well she was already poking her head out of the top hatch heavy blaster in hand, “you imperial bastards better not hurt my friends!....and my husband!”
“Damnit Elizabeth they don’t even know we’re here please don’t do anything stupid,” Ren begged. But alas his please fell on deaf ears as the sound of Elizabeth’s RT-97C began to drown out his voice. Truth be told she wasn’t really aiming at anyone in particular, merely giving supressingfire. “Maccus get us out of here!” She yelled. “I’m trying! I think there’s a rock in front of us that I didn’t see...it the sand is too soft!” Ma cus replied back.
“Oh dear oh dear oh dear, I need to get my reagents handy...” said Vent as he approached his little alchemy work bench securing his mixtures and medicines. “Ren can’t you do anything?”
“Really Vent? I can’t go out there, there’s a bunch of imperials, Elizabeth is firing away, and there’s a clone trooper....wait what the hell a clone trooper?” Ren turned back to window to indeed see a clone trooper taking cover. “Hey Maccus didn’t you serve with those guys?” He asked.
“That’s a clone commando, I’ve interacted with them but never fought alongside them,” said the shark. He was most definitely confused as to why there was even a clonecommando still around, if he really was a commando.

Boomer did exactly as he was told, and kept firing as he entered the ship, till the door closed. He then reloaded his clip when it ran out. He then grabbed a remote, which was a detonator for a trap on the Walker.

Boomer had rigged 4 detonator charges to blow on the 4 legs of the Walker, and then blow the main gun to bits with 2 additional charges. However, the charges are on a 30 second timer, and beep loudly to warn that they are priming. "Ready when you are Terra, just got to deploy a counter measure to make sure they do not take the Walker." Boomer said as he got ready to push the button. He had never thought that today was the day that he got to leave Geonosis, and have a friend to boot, his first one since the start of the Clone Wars. The Mechanist The Mechanist Octo Girl Octo Girl Nova Squid Nova Squid Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. I Iamkingdomhearts1000

Terra's ship started to hover above the ground, the shields holding. Terra rushed over to the cockpit as she yelled to Sera. "Sera, sorry to pull this on you so soon, but we need to initiate Protocol Omega." an angry "Mroowww" came from an upward shaft. "I dont care if you don't want to get into that shaft, I have to pilot the ship!"

With that she sat into the pilot seat, the Co pilot empty, as she flipped switches. "Shields holding at 63%, thrusters almost at full capacity... We need 20 more seconds!" she yelled to Boomer. "Get into the turret control! It's around the corner!" she yelled

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers N Nova
Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. (join the discord)

??? Meters from Terra's Compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

Darkness.

Little smudges of light poked out between Trooper Rost's eyelids.

Hit, he thought. I need to move.

Can't move my limbs. Can't move anything, not even eyelids.

Good. Stun shot, not broken neck. Don't have to worry right now.

The Imperial trooper could hear shouts, muddy things.

Retreat. Fall back. They've got backup. A scream, something heavy like a sack of vegetables made the ground vibrate under him. The smell of cauterized flesh invaded his nostrils. It was hard to think.

He drifted back into unconsciousness.

Skyline above Terra's Compound

"Visual contact on the target. Beginning strafing run."

His helmet was like a skull, a death's head made of tubing and plasteel. The Empire's insignia stamped on the forehead like a brand of ownership. The TIE pilot manuevered his craft with the barest of movements, trained skill drilled into the core of his being from countless hours in the Imperial academies.

Target, stationary. Large. Preparing to launch.

Easy.

The TIE's primary weapon systems stirred to life, twin cannons lighting up below the cockpit. Through the circular windscreen the compound slowly filled up below.

He positioned the nose of the vessel one hundred fifty meters past. Triggers squeezed.

The Imperial fighter's cannons fired, two synced green beams slamming into the ground, shaking it. As it approached, the heavy-duty lasers steadily came closer and closer to it. What few Imperial soldiers remained threw themselves aside- given a painful introduction to the fact that they were effectively disposable.

The Mechanist The Mechanist
Octo Girl Octo Girl

Before Boomer manned the turret, and activated the guns, he heard a loud scream. He groaned out of disbelief as he flipped switches, and hear whirring of energy, the guns coming to life. He looked at a power meter, and saw it slowly going up from the halfway point. "Guns Charging up! Should be a few more seconds!" he said as he watched the meter go up rapidly, all the way to full few seconds later. "It is charged up! Firing!" He said as he fired towards the squad, and landed the shots around them, since he was trying to get used to the controls of said turret.

Out of the corner of his visor, he saw a Crawler with a person shooting from the top. "What the hell? They seem to be friendlies, but I cannot tell. It looks like they are stranded by the looks of the crawler." He muttered. "Terra! There seems to be Friendlies in a Crawler not tok far from here, is there a radio we could use to communicate with them?!" Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. The Mechanist The Mechanist Octo Girl Octo Girl I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Nova Squid Nova Squid

Last edited:
Terra was flipping switches. "Shields at 48%" she yelled up to Boomer. "To your right! Radio them! I'll open the hangar doors!" she yelled as she opened the back hangar. "Just warning you, this is her first time off the ground!" Terra yelled.

Meanwhile, Sera was busy in the shafts finishing the wiring required to actually reach space. She was mumble mrowing all the way. Sera finally finished and popped up to Terra with aj angry "Mrow." Terra sighed. "Yeayea...ill find you your favorite food after we are out of danger."

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers The Mechanist The Mechanist Nova Squid Nova Squid

Maccus kept trying to have the sandcralwer get moved till he heard a voice on the radio, “an RC designation? Holy shit he is a clone trooper.” Grabbing the radio he spoke, “commando? This is gunnery sergeant Maccus Angler, I hear you loud and clear over?”

Elizabeth stayed on the hatch shooting at the imperials to keep them at bay, “Maccus get us out of here already!”
VEnt had already proceeded to gathering everyone’s belongings into seperate bags for the off chance that they needed to once again bail on another crawler.

Maccus kept trying to have the sandcralwer get moved till he heard a voice on the radio, “an RC designation? Holy shit he is a clone trooper.” Grabbing the radio he spoke, “commando? This is gunnery sergeant Maccus Angler, I hear you loud and clear over?”

Elizabeth stayed on the hatch shooting at the imperials to keep them at bay, “Maccus get us out of here already!”
VEnt had already proceeded to gathering everyone’s belongings into seperate bags for the off chance that they needed to once again bail on another crawler.
"I see that your crawler is stuck! If you want to live, there is a ship in a bunker next to a metal hut with Crops around it. If you see it, Head there, I will try to keep them pinned as much as I can, but our shields will not last much longer! Over and out!" He said as he kept firing, keeping the comm line open, in case the other end needed a question answered or something like that. "You bastards will regret the day you picked on a commando..." He muttered to himself as he managed to get the hang of the controls, and proceeded to mow down the squad, save for one, whom he thought was dead. Once the blaster fire stops, he stops firing. "No more blaster fire from the enemy, we are now waiting for our friendlies." Boomer said as he stayed on the guns, in case he missed one. The Mechanist The Mechanist I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Nova Squid Nova Squid Octo Girl Octo Girl Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.

Skyline of Geonosis

The turret gunner had picked the wrong target. To the TIE pilot's trained eye, it was almost dumbfounding; they had chosen to fire on disposable infantrymen rather than him. His fingers twitched in anticipation of evasive maneuvers even as he carefully guided the strafing run, but no danger came. As the last few Imperial troopers were blown to chunks by the freighter's turret guns, the twin cannons mounted in the TIE found their mark.

The freighter rocked on its landing pads as numerous heavy blasts blew its shields away. Its old electrical systems sparked and fuses blew as the shielding system struggled to compensate for the bombardment. Within, some panels blew open in impressive displays of sparking, and the lights flickered for a moment, before thankfully resuming.

The TIE fighter climbed shortly and began to turn around. It was clear to the pilot, at least, that the next run would do it. The old freighter had taken a beating quite well, but another series of twin blasts from the pristine, well-maintained lasers aboard the Imperial fighter and it would go up in an impressive fireball. He found himself grinning under his helmet as he turned his fighter around for another go.

Terra's Compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

Trooper Rost was moving. He barely knew it, but his legs were carrying him nonetheless.

The grass was burning. So much fire in so little space. Another few minutes and everything in the vicinity would be eaten alive by the growing inferno. Crops caught aflame and a moisture collector bulged and exploded, hissing steam escaping from inside. His A280 was probably empty by now, but even still he gripped it, white-knuckled in one arm as he stumbled forward.

Ahead. The ship.

You're crazy, Hakan, he thought to himself. You idiot. They'll shoot you.

But they might not. You'll burn to death if you stay.

The Imperial trooper's mind was hazy, confused, desperate. Only one thing was clear- forward, forward and nothing else. A little bit of soldier's intuition came to him among there; enough to guess they might not spot a single sooty black figure in the rising clouds of smoke and haze. He had to make it to the landing ramp.

Rost's vision swam as the ramp grew closer and closer.

He didn't know whether he made it or not before he passed out again.

Octo Girl Octo Girl

“Ok commando we’re moving, out.” Maccus said placing it down. “Ren?”
“Yeah yeah I hear you, guys were leaving the sand crawler, we can pick it up once we get to our ship.” Said the male chiss as he grabbed his blaster. Vent sighed but nodded, “we better, these alchemy benches get pricey you know.” He said as he opened the hatch for them. Elizabeth climbed back down, “I think they’re all dead, though that tie fighter is still a problem. Anyone got any emps on them?” She asked.
“Sorry I left those on the ship,” said the Karkadon who stepped out into the desert, “two seconds out here and I already hate it.” He said grimacing as he grabbed his trident and back pack. Moving in a jog the crew ran towards the junker that was called a ship, “vent this thing will fly right?” Ren asked as they walked around it to get to the ramp. “I think? I’m not sure, this whole thing is rag tag.” Said the ithorian. Though as they came around they stopped upon seeing a downed imperial on the ramp. “Let’s ask the captain of this vessel what to do with him....preferably quickly.” Ren said as he began to walk up the ramp.

As everyone came aboard the ship, Terra closed the hangar doors. "Sera, now!" she yelled as she flipped a final switch. Sera pressed a red button which sent the ship flying forward. The ship was fast and smooth. Terra began to talk on the intercom. "Listen, no time to explain... One of you get to the second turret control room, the others come to the cockpit. I can explain things better." she said as she deactivated the systems and looked forward. "Sera, how close is the nearest point of interest?" Terra asked as Sera gave a concerned "Mroooowwww"

"Shields are at 25%... One more run by and they will be toast." Terra was thinking intensely and then got an idea. "Smugglers crevice...thats the only way to lose this fucker and allow us to get out of the atmosphere..." Terra said to herself as she steered the ship towards the mountains. "Change of plans everyone..." she said over the intercom. "If you don't get to the cockpit in about 20 seconds find something to hold on to." at that she floored the speed.

Nova Squid Nova Squid Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers The Mechanist The Mechanist

Ren proceeded to the cockpit while Vent took care of the downed imperial. “Oh my he is serverely wounded, this will take a lot concentration.” Said the ithorian who began to pour medicines onto the mans wounds.

Stepping into the cockpit Ren spoke up, “wait, I have a frigate that’s not parked far from here. It can easily withstand a tie fighters shots and even fit your ship in the hangar.” He said stepping in. “I’ll give you the directions, where’s your Nav computer?”

Terra's Freighter
Habitation Rooms

By around this time, the stun-shot was finally wearing off- a thankful quirk of the A280 model, its stuns always were the weak link in an otherwise superlative design. Even still, a burning pain surged through his gut. Perhaps he had taken more than a stun shot in the battle.

Rost slowly made the muddy climb back to consciousness. He was on a table. Strange faces were around him. He thanked whatever Imperial uniform designer responsible for his uniform for having included the tinted, wide goggles, to hide his gaping eyes.

His eyes glanced over his pouches, his sling- anywhere for a weapon. Nothing, they had confiscated his A280. Smart bastards. Now that smug black-market seller a few months back- they were always so cocky, trading right with the garrison men- was laughing at him in his mind's eye. He had never thought a situation like this would come up, where a belt-buckle blaster would come in handy.

Could he reach his bayonet? Slit a throat, or take a hostage and get himself off the ship? No, it was off his belt too. Unarmed? They outnumbered him and AGH his belly burned, something had blown right through his jacket there and it likely wasn't a pocket blaster.

He laid his head back on the table with a long sigh. Rost's options were exhausted. Hopefully they would just shoot him in the head instead of being creative.

Octo Girl Octo Girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back