• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: New Hope Arises

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Emperor Of Embers

The Red Kaiser of Flame
The Clone wars had ended years ago, and the empire rose to power, ruling all with fear and power, eliminating those who rebelled against them. A group of rebels search throughout the Galaxy, to search for aid in fighting the Empire, as their reach grasps the planets that were hit by the Clone Wars. Our story begins on Geonosis, and May the force be with you.

Hunting around for broken down parts of both Separatist Droids and Clone Machines was a Space Scavenger who went by the name of "Domu Adularde", Domu was a man who lived by the profession: "I Work Alone, I End Alone..." meaning in other-words, he had spent his whole life alone and he was not about to change that, even now if he were on the verge of death, he had just recently made a deal with the Empire that could set him up for a lifetime rather then just working his whole life, the deal was made on Nar Shaddaa with an Imperialist Movement Worker who called himself "Rictor Vellis", Vellis had said to Domu on behalf of the Empire that something urgent was required to be retrieved of the upmost importance before the, as Vellis put it, "Rebel Scum" would find it on the planet of Geonosis, where the Clone Wars had first begun, hence why Domu is here in the first place, as he looks around, he sees the age old corpses of Geonosians that died during the Battle of Geonosis, withered and dry, Domu finds the corpses disgusting, as he looks among them to find what is so important to the Empire that they would hire a Scavenger of all people to find it, whatever it was that he was searching for, he wasn't exactly briefed on what to find, only that it held great importance of and to the Empire and nothing more, Domu agreed to accept the job, so long, as he is paid over 100,000 credits and nothing less, a Space Scavenger has got to make a living after all, Domu only trusted the Empire, as far, as he could throw with his arm, should the Empire decide to betray him, Domu was prepared to destroy whatever it is he is supposed to find, either that or sell it to the highest bidder, such, as the Hutts of the planet Tatooine for example, thus did Domu's role in a far more bigger and greater scheme had begun, his life would change, for either better, or worse...​

Deep in space a strange ship of unknown design slowly drifts through the vacuum. Suddenly the lights of the ship flicker to life and the sound of atomic nuclear engines coming to life are heard. On the bridge of the massive vessel we meet captain cutter. He is a man of his word. The computer screens light up with the logo, "ARK 06" then resume their normal routine of diagnostics and crew thawing. Deep in the ship's cryogenic array the crew begin to awaken from their 300 year slumber. As the personnel exit sleep and begin to move to their assigned workplaces they know that this day will be different than the last. Cutter knows too. He can feel it.

Near a Droid Factory, stood a republic walker, rusted and worn. Its tenant/Pilot, RC-01/125, or Boomer, was searching the factory for leftover munitions, or anything of use.

The ebon armored Republic Commando walked out of the factory with only 2 boxes of clips for his DC-17 Blaster Rifle. *Sigh* "Another 2 boxes of ammo for my blaster, but not a single attachment for it. I am starting to think there is none on this planet that was left behind. If only there were an intact ship that actually worked, then I can get off this rock." He said as he set the boxes on his shoulder, and climbed the ladder into the walker. "Alright. Hnng! There! Now to get this thing going, and move to the next factory, or maybe stop at the Arena... Meh." He said as he sat the ammo down, and went to the Cockpit, and started up the systems. "Guns... Servos... Power... All good!" He said to himself as he turned the Walker around, and began moving into the barren Desert, filled with ruins of trenches and buildings along the trail. Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Octo Girl Octo Girl The Mechanist The Mechanist

Terra was walking around her hut, as she usually did. Her hut was made of metal, yet it kept the inside cool enough to live. The desert was harsh, but thanks to her best friend/pet, she didn't suffer alone. Her moisture collector was running at full potential, and the crops were almost ready. "Probably another day and we can collect enough for a few months!" she said excitedly as she turned and moved to the back of her hut.

She walked towards a large object that was covered by a tarp. She smiled as she took the tarp down to reveal a large ship she had been working on. "This should be able to fly us to the jungle planet..." she said to Sera. The creature yawned and ran to her, jumping onto Terra's shoulder. "It's almost ready Sera... Just a few more pieces plus this food and water... And we can leave..." she said happily as she painstakingly covered it back up with the tarp.

"Whoa! what was that!? did i feel the earth shake just about now!? ...nah, couldn't have been, all of the Droids have been deactivated for over who knows how long? ...anyways, enough talking to myself, time to find that thing that the Empire wants..." said Domu, as he continued his search for the thing that the Empire had hired him to look for, not realizing that there were other people on the barren planet of Geonosis...

"Captain! Our long range scanners have detected a planet to colonize!" Cutter was suspicious. "What is it's diagnostics?" The crewmember sighed and said, "Lack of water, a barren wasteland from what it looks like, but deep scans show promise of water veins and possibly alien plant life." Cutter shook his head and turned to face the man, "Keep scanning. We need a planet which is almost identical to our previous planet." The crewmember left with a Yes Sir and a Good luck. Cutter looked over the readouts again. They were in dire straights. Although the systems were at 100% the food was being rationed much more strictly than usual and was draining faster and faster. Water supplies were also being rationed. And on top of it all, the four main turbo nuclear reactors that powered the ship were at 15% fuel capacity.

Wasteland
Somewhere on Geonosis

Trooper Haken Rost followed the man in front of him within the center of the squad, a loose column advancing up the beaten path, each soldier in the patrol covering a certain field of fire. Ten Imperial Army troopers in all. Nothing like a Stormtrooper Corps movement- it wasn't their job to poke around the ashes and find something worth looking at. But for their lesser quality and flash, the soldiers of the Imperial Army carried a simple pride in themselves, and Rost was no different.

Their endpoint was a village- if you could call it that- about a hundred yards off into the gently rolling deserted landscape. Ruined buildings- an industrial area, perhaps, before the Clone Wars drew to a close- dotted the landscape, along with random huts.

Usually the inhabitants were too frightened to bother striking back- they would run for the hills when they saw the black dots coming down the road, melt into the landscape like ghosts, but there had been a few casualties every month regardless. A few desperates, or addicts, or simply crazies, a whirl of blaster fire and a few body bags to catalogue and report back. Sometimes the bodybags were locals, or rebels. Sometimes they were Imperial.

Rost didn't like that thought.

Up ahead, the trail- a loose amalgamation of well-worn dirt and flattened, sparse grass- slowly began to take the shape of a real road, a proper dirt path that promised a semblance of civilization. That was welcoming; the long, polished black boots in the Imperial trooper's kit were killing his feet on such a march.

Two buildings caught his soldier's intuition in particular. One, a large, almost intact factory- rusty, yes, certainly not a place he'd like to step foot in, let alone work in its current state- but intact nonetheless. The other, a hut surrounded by various crops and a tall moisture collector. It was good to know that some sort of life survived outside the cities, he surmised. For them or for him? Rost couldn't answer that.

Movement stirred him. A cloud of dust kicked up on the steppe, tore away the feeble grass around it like a choking storm. The offending cloud raced away from the factory- fifty meters away, automatic range, get yourself ready- and tracked its way in a semi-circle, angling back toward the trail.

The squad leader- a Sergeant Urlan, someone he had never really cared to socialize with- raised his left arm, beckoning the squad to lower. Ten A280 rifles came up, ten soldiers kneeled in the same motion, almost in the grass, covering the surrounding arcs of fire with sweeped barrels.

Go time.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers
Octo Girl Octo Girl

The sand rolled across the landscape as the winds picked up, a single vehicle resting upon the orange rust colored sands. Inside a group of four sat biding their time. “So how much longer till these winds die down?” Asked a male Chiss by the name of Renellius. “Not much longer now, I dare say a few minutes,” replies an Ithorian by the name of vent. Standing at the door staring out of the window was the Karkadon, Maccus Angler, “I’m not too confident about going out in a desert again.”
“Worry not my sharky friend, I’ve got your remedies on hand,” said Vent cheerfully, “I promise I’ll keep you safe from the heat.”
“I’m more worried about losing the tracks, we’ve been tracking this thing for days now and I’ll be damned if the sands cover them up,” the one who spoke this time was a female Chiss, a huntress, tracker and wife of Renellius, “we can’t let this thing get too far, not until we document what we need.” She goes by the name of Elizabeth.
The truth was that the group had found an odd pair of tracks, ones they didn’t recognize, and Elizabeth theorized it may infact be a geonosian Queen. “If we find her we need to keep an eye out for her people, geonosians are a normal sight but queens? Now that is rare.” She added.
Ren only nodded, “we’ll find her....hopefully anyways....let’s just not go hurt, last time on Felicia we pissed off a pod of acklay.”
“Don’t remind me,” retorted Vent.

( Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers heres your tag)

After some time of the noisy, mind numbing slowness of the Walker, Boomer stopped the walker, a few meters away from a metal hut, with crops around it. "Crops! Who the hell is growing crops? And how are they doing it?" He asked aloud to himself, as he exited the walker. He stood out like a sore thumb in Daylight, since his armor was painted black. He then saw a girl with a strange pet. "Excuse me, are you the owner of this desert farm?" he asked, his DC-17 drawn, but not aimed at her. "I must know how you grow such crops in this kind of environment." In all honesty, he did not expect a tiny farm to exist of a planet filled with bugs. He then looked at the tarp, and made a mental note of it, and looked back at the young woman. But little did he know that a squad of imperial soldiers where hiding a distance away, watching them. He got a gut feeling, and stayed weary. Octo Girl Octo Girl The Mechanist The Mechanist Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. Nova Squid Nova Squid I Iamkingdomhearts1000

"...There are those tremors again...better find that thing and fast...!? hey! this looks like a data storage facility, it might just contain what i'm looking for!" said Domu, as he stumbled upon some kind of data gathering tech room and it was hopefully here, he would find what he was looking for...​

Wasteland - 100 meters from Terra's compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

The dust cloud halted its mad race across the dusty, sparse vegetation. A walker. Rost could hardly believe his eyes as its occupant disembarked- a Clone! This wasn't exactly something one saw every day in the galaxy- and on Geonosis? Haken found himself smiling. His wish had finally come true; something bigger was happening.

The squad reoriented in the low grass to create a battle line, soldiers crouched and finding what cover they could among the rocks and debris scattered around the landscape. Urlan produced his comlink from his belt and held it to his ear.

"Delta Lead to command. Squad has visual on unidentified clone, repeat, we have spotted an unidentified clone trooper. Range 100 meters. Requesting advice." A few moments passed before the response buzzed to life on the sergeant's comlink.

"Sector J2 command to Delta squad. Apprehend the target at once and conduct a mandatory sweep. Return prisoner to local command node ASAP. You are authorized to deploy lethal fire if target resists. Over and out."

The sergeant's arm beckoned forward. Slowly, through the lessening tall grass, the Imperial troopers advanced, crouched low, heads down, guns up.

Octo Girl Octo Girl

Terra was surprised someone came up in an Walker. "well..." Terra said a bit emberrased. "An old friend of mine taught me... It's dessert carrots and radishes... The moisture collector runs directly to the roots plus taps directly into water veins under the ground." she said happily, finally meeting someone other than Sera. "Sera and myself are growing enough in order to survive a while once we leave this planet." she said with a laugh as Sera popped her head over Terra's shoulder at hearing her name. "Oh, I'm Terra, this is Sera."

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers The Mechanist The Mechanist Nova Squid Nova Squid I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.

"Hmm...the data here is way old, decades old, i don't know how much i'll be able to get from this but let's play these recordings back a bit, shall we?"

as Domu activated the holo transmission recorder, he saw old footages blurring in and out of Geonosians and how their civilization came to be, he started to face forward through the recordings until he noticed something and backed up a little, in one of the recordings it was of a famous former Jedi Master who played a major role in the Clone Wars many years ago, it was Count Dooku! making first contact with the Geonosians...

"...I am here to see your leader, i trust he has prepared me with a warm welcome."

said Dooku in the transmission, as he showed off his Light-saber to the Geonosians, threatening to use it should they not take him to their leader...

"...So, that's Count Dooku of the Separatists, eh?"

said Domu watching the recording, having heard of the legendary count and his deeds during the Clone Wars from the Hutts that raised Domu.​

Terra was surprised someone came up in an Walker. "well..." Terra said a bit emberrased. "An old friend of mine taught me... It's dessert carrots and radishes... The moisture collector runs directly to the roots plus taps directly into water veins under the ground." she said happily, finally meeting someone other than Sera. "Sera and myself are growing enough in order to survive a while once we leave this planet." she said with a laugh as Sera popped her head over Terra's shoulder at hearing her name. "Oh, I'm Terra, this is Sera."

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers The Mechanist The Mechanist Nova Squid Nova Squid I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.
"You are trying to get off this rock too? That makes two of us. "I am Rc-01/125. But call me Boomer." He said as he looked around, with an uneasy feeling. "I have been here since... The war that tore this planet apart." He said, making a reference to the clone wars. He then detached the DC-17 blaster barrell and clip, and replaced it with a Sniper barrel and clip. "Apologies, but this will take a moment." He said as he looked through the scope, and saw strange figures walking towards them, in the grass. "Huh... Probably some Geos. Best if I let them be, considering all that we killed." He said to himself as he lowered his weapon. "Now, what has these crops growing so... Lushiously?" He asked with a calm demeanor. "By the way, what species is your friend?" he asked, looking at Sera. Octo Girl Octo Girl Nova Squid Nova Squid The Mechanist The Mechanist Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. I Iamkingdomhearts1000

Wasteland - 60 meters from Terra's compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

The squad came to a halt as the clone's barrel swung their way. Ten rifles came up, but fortunately the clone lowered his weapon beforehands. It appeared he was not apparently concerned by the approach of the Imperial squad. For a moment, they stood there, kneeling in the grass, cautious as only men in a combat zone may be; then, the sergeant gestured up, and forward.

The squad rose from the end of the grass-line sixty meters away, a spread-apart line, ten men. They marched forward at a steady yet slow pace, weapons lowered yet ready to fire at a moment's notice- a message of no immediate hostility, yet a commanding presence nonetheless.

From here on it would be touchy business. Some clones were perfectly compliant with Imperial rule, some were.. twitchy. There was no cover in the sand around the compound; if the clone opened fire it would likely result in a brutal, bloody fight, and a few more body bags would find their way home by day's end. Rost found himself sweating in his gloves as he gripped his A280, positioned somewhere in the middle-right of Delta squad.

Octo Girl Octo Girl

"Well... These crops are known for growing vigorously in these kind of conditions!" she said with a smile. Her face then went to confusion then excitement. "Wait... Your trying to get off as well?" she asked and then looked to Sera. Sera nodded and yawned. "Alright... Just know this needs one last component and it is finished." She said as she went over to the tarp and un-attached the latched near the ground on her side. The tarp flew off the object, revealing a large spaceship, almost mileniun falcon size. "I've been building her for the past 5 years. Have had some dents and all, but all week need is Neon Thrusters and she will be good to go. " Terra said happily. She had seemed to throw away the question of Sera's race. "There is one nearby, but I have been unable to bring it back with my dune Runner..." she said with a sigh. "But with this Walker, we may finally have a chance to get off this rock." she said excitedly.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Nova Squid Nova Squid

"...I heard the stories but i didn't think that the count was actually a Jedi of all things, though, considering his political reign lasting, as long, as it did within the Separatists, it explains the fact why he had so much power and was able to band many different types of people together despite their very different personalities...let's play on and see if we can find out more..." said Domu, as he continued watching the holo archives, in the archives, Dooku met with the Geonosian leader named Poggle the Lesser and through over some debates and chats that the two had, it seemed that Dooku was planning something with Poggle, something...big or even huge, to say the least, Domu watches the last recording of Dooku leaving the planet but not before speaking with Poggle, saying to him the words:

"...Very good, i trust that at the rate your people are all working at, the plans for which my master has envisioned for the future will be completed...he will expect great things of both you and the rest of your kind, make no mistake, i shall leave now and report to him your progress, do not fail us now after coming so far..."

said Dooku, warning Poggle of the consequences if otherwise, they were to fail on whatever task they had been given by Dooku but more importantly, Domu thought to himself:

"...Master? what master? you mean, there was someone else pulling the strings behind the Clone Wars? hmm..."

Domu was most disturbed by this fact indeed...​

"So... You want to use my walker just to get one part? Hmmm...." He said as he thought about it. "Before I let you in my mobile base, answer me this. Is that ship big enough for us both?" He asked, as a ray of hope shined hopefully in his favor. He looked out in the same direction again, and saw a squad of men walking towards them. "Who the hell are they? They surely are not republic forces..." He said as he studied them, reverting his blaster to its prior state. "Terra, Get inside the walker. Things may get messy, and I will need you to take it if I do not make it. I do not know who they are, but they seem to mean business." Boomer said as he gave the hand gesture of "Move out!" and he looked stood in their direction, ready to fight. Nova Squid Nova Squid Octo Girl Octo Girl The Mechanist The Mechanist I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.

"It's big enough to fit us for sure." She said as she looked out in that direction. "Boomer... You asked how these crops grew so lushfully... Especially on a planet full of bugs." She said with a smile. "Go get the thrusters from the bunker over there..." she said as she pointed to the bunker nearby. You could see the thrusters from the hut. "I don't know how to pilot a walker. Sera knows how to hook the thrusters up to transfer them." she said as she handed Sera to him. "You don't think I have a few traps around here?" she said as gears started to be heard and turrets came out from the sand. "How about you all stop where you are." She yelled as she held a remote. "If you aren't a threat, I won't press the button." she yelled.

Domu was now on the last of the recordings that the Geonosians had during the Clone Wars before the Battle of Geonosis which had ultimately started the war had ended, he saw Poggle hand some kind of blueprints to Dooku, of whom said to himself:

"...They will be much safer there with my master..."

it was then that Domu had a shocking revelation! perhaps the Geonosians had created back up plans of those very same blueprints Dooku took and now it was up to Domu to find them, wherever they were on Geonosis, deciding to take his leave and without leaving any traces of evidence, Domu blows up the holo archives with his Blaster, erasing any and all evidence that there ever was any blueprints to begin with, as Domu had then begun starting to scout out the whole planet, in search of the back up blueprints...​

Wasteland - 40 meters from Terra's compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

The squad stopped as several defensive weapons rose from the terrain, weapons raising. A280 rifles swept left and right, yet shots remained unfired for the moment. As Delta squad changed from a chevron into a battle line the sergeant stepped forward shortly and shouted out.

"By order of the Emperor, the both of you are subject to a mandatory identification check. Lower your weapons and disable your security, and this will go smoothly!"

Octo Girl Octo Girl

"Dammit Terra! Just get i..." He was cut off by the whirring of gears and cogs, as turrets came up. "What the...?" He had underestimated the girl. He then heard the leader of the squad requesting Identification. "And who are you to ask Identification of me?!? And what is this Empire you talk about!?" He said as he turned his body towards his walker, ready to run to it, and get the thrusters. He did not know what was going on, but these men looked like men wearing pilots armor.

"How about you Identify yourself!" He snapped back, clearly not in the mood for this, as he had just found out that there was a ship that fit him and the young woman, and needs one part. Octo Girl Octo Girl Nova Squid Nova Squid I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. The Mechanist The Mechanist

"Boomer..." Terra said, a voice more serious coming from her. "Just get the piece, or we are both dead." she said to him.

"The worker you most likely came for is dead." she yelled. "Garcon was killed in a raid. His remains are in one of those body bags you passed." she looked dead towards them. "If you do not drop your weapons immediately, I will be forced to open fire." She yelled.

The bunker with the thrusters was right next door, but without the thrusters the ship couldn't move. "Boomer, get them now... Sera will do the rest once you get them here" she said, still having her thumb hover over the button.

Wasteland - 40 meters from Terra's compound
Somewhere on Geonosis

Men looked to one another. Does he really not know? Has he been living under a rock?

The sergeant shook his head. "I am Sergeant Karn Urlan of the Imperial Army. I am presuming you are a genuine clone of the Grand Army of the Republic, and not simply one wearing the armor. If that is true, I would advise you come with us. Many things have happened outside Geonosis since the conclusion of the Clone Wars." His clipped, Core World accent carried an undercurrent of disdain.

His attention further turned to the woman. "You there. I would advise against ordering your scrap guns to fire. You should know that the Empire has logged every major and minor source of habitation on Geonosis, and if I was you I would much rather be visited by the Imperial Army than the Stormtrooper Corps, or the Imperial Navy if you plan on heading off-world without a permit for that rust-bucket." He let out a small chuckle at the end of that. More than once the Emperor's men had simply murdered entire families in the outer limits of the galaxy for no apparent reason. Their reputation far preceded them.

Octo Girl Octo Girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back