• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: Dedication [Closed]

Hmm, shistavanen adept. Would've been more dark side affiliated, but survival makes for survival, and light and dark stop mattering. More bestial than most shistavanen, likely larger and more ferocious looking due to instinctual drives of the force. Similar to how many animals that got access to the force became larger and more bestial. Rancors being a good example.

Dumped on an unnamed and borderline inhospitable planet(pick a number 1-10000, cause there're a lot of these) meant to be the proving grounds for potential adepts to be utilised by the inquisitorious of the empire, guy effectively either killed his way through any creature, or any other adept, that threatened him until eventually the imperial ships stopped coming. Killed a smuggling crew that opened fire on him and stole their ship. Found out the empire got shafted anyhow, and promptly began arena fighting and bounty hunting with eff all else to do.

Picked up tutaminis while on the proving planet of errant adepts trying to lightsaber him to death, and just about any other force abilities he has are to augment his physical limits, his reflexives and five senses, and to just make him likely the biggest, toughest, fuckbeateriest shistavanen prowling the galaxy.

Perhaps has a collection of dark side adept lightsabers.

If he does, he doesn't like them because "The obnoxious humming gives away your position. And don't even get me started on the stupid red glow."

Hmm...

Might give him a pet he literally just straight up hand to hand put down and asserted dominance over.
Any goals or affiliations?

Any goals or affiliations?
Currently? Likely none. He's just kind of making his way through the galaxy at the moment. People that cross him die, people that don't cross him don't matter to him. Credits to continue living comfortably are nice. Occasionally he'll take jobs cause he's just bored. Honestly, dude has little in the way of ambition and enjoys a good kicking of ass from time to time. Theoretically, he'd make a phenomenal sith apprentice. No ambition to take over and lead shit, just feed him and let him have a good row from time to time.

The problem is.... well, you'd have to convince him you're worth listening to, and showing him by force likely just leads to a fight.

Best guess? He gets involved for the money, he stays involved because a character makes it worth his time. Not normally how I make characters, but I literally threw a backstory for this dude together in like, ten minutes, and I actually like it, so hey.

Currently? Likely none. He's just kind of making his way through the galaxy at the moment. People that cross him die, people that don't cross him don't matter to him. Credits to continue living comfortably are nice. Occasionally he'll take jobs cause he's just bored. Honestly, dude has little in the way of ambition and enjoys a good kicking of ass from time to time. Theoretically, he'd make a phenomenal sith apprentice. No ambition to take over and lead shit, just feed him and let him have a good row from time to time.

The problem is.... well, you'd have to convince him you're worth listening to, and showing him by force likely just leads to a fight.

Best guess? He gets involved for the money, he stays involved because a character makes it worth his time. Not normally how I make characters, but I literally threw a backstory for this dude together in like, ten minutes, and I actually like it, so hey.
Cool cool, so how does he react when he is the one that gets beaten?

Also! Do you have any strategies on how you want to play this character? Character that are very fight oriented sometimes run into the difficulty of intercharacter moments. How would he handle lulls in fighting, and how would he act towards other players characters in general? And how he would act after beating or being beaten by them?

And hey! I wont knock a quick char. Some of my best char have comes from a flash of inspiration.

Cool cool, so how does he react when he is the one that gets beaten?

Also! Do you have any strategies on how you want to play this character? Character that are very fight oriented sometimes run into the difficulty of intercharacter moments. How would he handle lulls in fighting, and how would he act towards other players characters in general? And how he would act after beating or being beaten by them?

And hey! I wont knock a quick char. Some of my best char have comes from a flash of inspiration.
As of yet, hasn't been outright beaten. He'll likely be confused as to how to handle being beaten in proper combat. As of yet, he understands two things from being beaten. You die and get eaten, or, in theonly unqiuecase he knows of, you become subservient to whatever beat and didn't eat you. Which is where I'll introduce my thoughts on his 'packmate'. A Narglatch, though one that adapted to the planet he survived on. So a greyish red hue to it's skin, with a rougher and more jagged hide to deal with harsh sandstorms and to hide better amongst the rocky outcroppings and near calcified psuedo-forests.

As he has spent most of his life battling for survival, he does make a point to enjoy his downtime when he can. He finds chess infuriatingly thought provoking, but swears he'll figure it out and beat it one day.

He will likely come across with a rough and simplistic attitude at first. He often won't understand the /why/ of handling a situation in a complex manner, even if he does go along with it, but won't go out of his way to irritate or deride others either. He bears an outlook that everyone he meets, as he meets them, has survived because of their skills. If someone else uses their brain more than fists and it works, congrats for them. He'll stick to his teeth and claws, but hey, that's what work for him.

Despite not being particularly good at most non-combat hobbies or events, he does still bear a modicum of curiousness that will keep him entertained and interpersonal as well. "Why do you sit in one place, little one, like prey with close-eyes, waiting to be pounced?" "It's meditation. It helps me focus, and allows me to better become one with myself and my surroundings." "Ah.. so when safe, one meditates to make for better chances of hunting later?" "One could, I suppose, do so." "I see, I see. Can anyone do this meditating, or does it only work for you?" "It can work for many, who can find balance of their mind in the peaceful lulls between the chaos of the universe." "Mayhaps then it is something I will be trying." In which he'd likely make a point to attempt to emulate or participate.

Things not trying to kill or eat him are a novelty. He enjoys his novelties.

gnoll_commission_by_mlappas_dbkz6e7-fullview.png

Use a gnoll picture anyhow, cause Shistavanen are as bad as the Vurk, no visual representation.

Hmm, thinking, Shistavanen tend to be 5'10"-6'4" ish. Course you start pumping that force into them and putting them in a feral environment, I'm think 7.5' to 9'? About on par to the shrunk down size additions the Force sensitive Rancors got vs standard Rancors, so yeah.

Just, what do when this comes barreling down the hall at you and two blaster shots kind of just deflected off his bare face? Run? Shit yourself? Both?

Grenades would be a good bet, force drain is a decent call most of the time, but if you can't drain faster than it can force haul ass at you, you're in trouble. It's the 'drugged up knife wielder vs the taser' scenario. Finally force lightning... Tutaminis. Yoda used it vs. Dooku on Geonosis, remember?

I always go with the base reason of don't piss off things you don't want to fight, and if that fails, .45 hollow point judiciously. Seriously, I get they're 'outdated', but far too many dudes refuse to use slug throwers in Star Wars.

As of yet, hasn't been outright beaten. He'll likely be confused as to how to handle being beaten in proper combat. As of yet, he understands two things from being beaten. You die and get eaten, or, in theonly unqiuecase he knows of, you become subservient to whatever beat and didn't eat you. Which is where I'll introduce my thoughts on his 'packmate'. A Narglatch, though one that adapted to the planet he survived on. So a greyish red hue to it's skin, with a rougher and more jagged hide to deal with harsh sandstorms and to hide better amongst the rocky outcroppings and near calcified psuedo-forests.

As he has spent most of his life battling for survival, he does make a point to enjoy his downtime when he can. He finds chess infuriatingly thought provoking, but swears he'll figure it out and beat it one day.

He will likely come across with a rough and simplistic attitude at first. He often won't understand the /why/ of handling a situation in a complex manner, even if he does go along with it, but won't go out of his way to irritate or deride others either. He bears an outlook that everyone he meets, as he meets them, has survived because of their skills. If someone else uses their brain more than fists and it works, congrats for them. He'll stick to his teeth and claws, but hey, that's what work for him.

Despite not being particularly good at most non-combat hobbies or events, he does still bear a modicum of curiousness that will keep him entertained and interpersonal as well. "Why do you sit in one place, little one, like prey with close-eyes, waiting to be pounced?" "It's meditation. It helps me focus, and allows me to better become one with myself and my surroundings." "Ah.. so when safe, one meditates to make for better chances of hunting later?" "One could, I suppose, do so." "I see, I see. Can anyone do this meditating, or does it only work for you?" "It can work for many, who can find balance of their mind in the peaceful lulls between the chaos of the universe." "Mayhaps then it is something I will be trying." In which he'd likely make a point to attempt to emulate or participate.

Things not trying to kill or eat him are a novelty. He enjoys his novelties.
Well everything sounds good so far then! But keep in mind the "hasn't been beaten yet" part, and anticipate that will be a very real possibility. But in his history that is more than acceptable.

Now then! I still feel he will be on the Knight Tier of things. Given that he hasn't really had formal training, and much of it was based on innate talent and connection, I feel that will be a generous placement. And will give him some fun opportunities to grow powerful with training should someone convince him of it.

I always go with the base reason of don't piss off things you don't want to fight, and if that fails, .45 hollow point judiciously. Seriously, I get they're 'outdated', but far too many dudes refuse to use slug throwers in Star Wars.
Love me some Slug throwers. Otherwise! I would suggest disrupters, kinetic force powers, non cursory lightsaber strikes like major thrusts, rapid fire energy weapons, blades, etc.

The fuckbeater would definitely want to keep the element of surprise when it comes to that technique. As once it is revealed, its effectiveness is lessened, and gives the enemy the opportunity to overcome it should they survive the initial use of it.

Just playing devil's advocate, but Wookiees can live upwards of 400 years D. Rex D. Rex
Twileks are not wookies, and have roughly the same lifespan as humans. And I did mention that other species do enjoy longevity. My objection came from the context of everything as a whole.

Also, my fellows, I should explain the Tier system. It is something i use to gauge power and ability between characters. It is a broad system, purposefully so.

Combat will likely occur in this rp, and players are in charge of whether character lives or dies. With the exception of them writing themselves into a corner, at which point pleading for mercy IC or OOC is your only defense.

The tiers are as follows.

Tier 1 - Mundane
Tier 2 - Apprentice
Tier 3 - Knight
Tier 4 - Master
Tier 5 - Grand Master

These are not exclusive to force users. But instead these are just to give an idea of a characters skill and power. Example being, a knight level bounty hunter would give a jedi knight just a hard a time as any sith knight might. Or a master pilot could fly circles around an apprentice force user.

If two characters are of the same tier, then the battle could go both ways. And the end result is based on writing and mutual agreement between players. With focus on the latter. Even if the winner of a fight is predetermined, I want it to be a close and intense fight with give and take, unless the fight is scripted to go a certain way by those players.

Just because you are a higher tier doesn't render you invulnerable to lower ones. A surprise blaster bolt to the back of the head by a mundane to a master will still kill the master. No their is considered not dangerous. But rather, a lower tier needs to be smarter and more creative. Leniency will also be given to the lower tier in terms of survival.

I want to see cinematic, theatrical, and dangerous. An arrogant master who is beaten by an lower tier underdog makes for good show. Just as a cocky lower tier group would in having their Hope's crushed by an experienced knight.

Do not worry or care about a kill count or win count. Such is irrelevant. The excitement of plot and journey are our reward. And I wish for every loss and death to be as memorable as every kill or victory. So if you are on the losing side, lose in an epic fashion! And never be afraid to ask the winner to help you look cool losing, or to give you moments where you can do something awesome or theatric.

I highly emphasize a give and take system. For example "I don't mind losing this battle, but I want to land an awesome blow for him to remember me by" or "Hey! I could really use this win, let me beat you, and I'll make it awesome for you and let you win next time." Or "I got a really cool idea for plot, can we have the fight go this way? The result will be sweet, and give us some great story."

Roleplay is a collaborative effort, and I hope that we can all help each other have fun. So never be afraid to chime in with ideas. Never hesitate to shine the spotlight on someone.

Play for everyone else and I'll make sure they play for you. And if anybody feels like they arent doing anything cool, or feel left out, be sure to let me know! I cant help if I dont know it. I will see that everybody has moments to shine.

Lastly! I dont want everybody to make a character in a single tier. I want a variety. Power wont drive the story, play will. There will be excitement to be had in every tier, I assure you.

Characters for the Master tier must be requested in advanced. And I will judge them more harshly then any other tier. As well I will need an idea of what you want to do with them. And with that power comes a responsibility to the story. For example, I will need a few accomplished Sith Lords for the Story.

Grand Masters, currently, are not playable. Not in the traditional sense. But if you have an awesome idea for one, please share it. But know that they are to act upon GM while under your control. They are also not here for extended play. But rather to be used as narrative tools.

Hmm, thinking Vortiger for the name. Anyhow, just imagining Vortiger eventually getting absolutely curb stomped, and as he's laying on his back just gonna look up at a dude and be like "At least I knwo I'll be a hearty meal for a better predator."

Likely leaving some non-cannibalistic near-human or largely humanoid race being like "WTF did he just imply?!"

I'm thinking of a sith battle master named Darth Malice. He would be a large armor clad sith warrior weilding a buster sword esuqe double bladed lightsaber, which could detach into two individual blades. Think of him of having the size and strength of savage oppress but the lightsaber skills of dart sideous. Force abilites wise he would specialze in force wave and force lighting, while also being strong in force augmented strength, speed and agility. Thoughts?

I'm thinking of a sith battle master named Darth Malice. He would be a large armor clad sith warrior weilding a buster sword esuqe double bladed lightsaber, which could detach into two individual blades. Think of him of having the size and strength of savage oppress but the lightsaber skills of dart sideous. Force abilites wise he would specialze in force wave and force lighting, while also being strong in force augmented strength, speed and agility. Thoughts?

Sounds incredibly OP.
What sort of character growth and story arc can be accomplished with your character?

My thoughts are akin to Sophileons. It does sounds pretty OP. I would certainly reccomend toning him back, as well as talking about what he DOESNT do well. His short fallings.

Also could you elaborate on a buster sword esque lightsaber? The double bladed and detachable parts I'm okay with. My sith will also being using a double bladed lightsaber, with one of the blades being dual'phase(length settings).

I would also like to hear what he is like as a character. His aims and ambitions. That sort of thing.

And hey! If you want help getting a brutish sith character to work, I am more than happy to help there.

Well maybe him having the lights aver prowess of sideous is a stretch 😅. Let's just say he is skilled in all forms of lightsaber combat, but an expert at from 3 and a master of form 7

And the lighsaber idea. Imagine 2 cloud buster sword's in a saber staff with the blade being made of plasma

I will say, there were shaped emitters, theoretically light axes and the like did exist. They were just.... odd. The standard 'rod' appearance of the standard saber often worked best given a sabers ability to effectively burn/cut in all directions, but the aesthetic and skill are culpable.

And not trying to knock anyone, but perhaps a different Darth name?

Malus, Malgus, Malyce, Mahlus, Mal'ss, Malice, Maluhs....

There's done, and done to death.

Well maybe him having the lights aver prowess of sideous is a stretch 😅. Let's just say he is skilled in all forms of lightsaber combat, but an expert at from 3 and a master of form 7
Lol yeah it was. So is saying one is skilled In all forms.

However! Saying that a form is favored or is in their expertise, or even mastered, is okay.

I would say cut down on some of the forms. Pick a couple. Maybe four or five if he is real lightsaber style enthusiast.

He will need some limitations, and as it stands, I would not approve him for a Master tier yet. Would put him equivalent as a Knight.

And the lighsaber idea. Imagine 2 cloud buster sword's in a saber staff with the blade being made of plasma
Lol grand idea, but no. A bit two much for me. Especially as a double bladed. The sort of power draw in that sort of thing would be quite intense. I'm also not opposed to shaped emitters, especially if their faults are played on.

I would instead make a more manageable suggestion of a long bladed longhilt lightsaber. A sort of light claymore, so to speak. Taking its length as an advantage and flaw. With a wider unstable beam. Maybe some increased power draw, and some other minor effects. With his strength he'd be able to make use of that extra range.

Hmm.... might do an on the run mercenary of sorts. Not really a merc, but options are slim when on the run, yaknow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back