• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: Dedication [Closed]

I honestly don't know what the cs looks like but their struggle between the dark side and light will likely lead them to use dark side abilities in order to serve the light side.
That's okay, cause neither do I. I have yet to model a CS yet.

Also, you have found the right master then. As he is not against the idea of aggressive use of the light side of the force. And will do so himself. However, using the Dark Side he will not consider compatible to the Jedi Way, even in service. The path of the Grey Jedi may very well be in the future of this young padawan, should it be using boths sides that he desires.

Now that isnt to say he will reject the padawan because he is lured to the dark side, or has even brought themselves to use it. He would be a poor teacher if that was the case. He fully expects a student have internal trials. It is his job to guide them to path of the Light Side.

I mean, as much as I liked my conceptualised Force-bound Tutaminus adept, I don't know how well they'd fit in post RotJ given her origins, though it's certainly something you could look at Rex. Her original sheet is in the other RP. That being said, a force sensitive non-Jedi/Sith that just roams about and shits the beatfuck out of his problems with fists, or more likely claws, could also e fun.

I mean, as much as I liked my conceptualised Force-bound Tutaminus adept, I don't know how well they'd fit in post RotJ given her origins, though it's certainly something you could look at Rex. Her original sheet is in the other RP. That being said, a force sensitive non-Jedi/Sith that just roams about and shits the beatfuck out of his problems with fists, or more likely claws, could also e fun.

I would be keen to allow her. As well as the tutaminus focus of her force abilities. Though in that regard, I would rule that does not render her invincible to lightsabers, and that it would be wisest to avoid getting hit or touching them for any notable length.

So yeah, should she be submitted, I would suspect minimal resistance from myself.

And furthermore, an unaffiliated fuckbeater is also a viable concept.

I would be keen to allow her. As well as the tutaminus focus of her force abilities. Though in that regard, I would rule that does not render her invincible to lightsabers, and that it would be wisest to avoid getting hit or touching them for any notable length.

So yeah, should she be submitted, I would suspect minimal resistance from myself.

And furthermore, an unaffiliated fuckbeater is also a viable concept.
Well tutaminis doesn't make anyone outright immune to lightsabers, but as seen in both the old republic coruscant cinematic with Satelle Shan, or when Vader just straight up deflected Han's blaster shot in Cloud City.

It does mean that cursory or glancing blows when not focuses are less frightening, and if focused you can just hard up grab a saber and kick, punch or headbutt a dude while they're taking a second to realise what you just did.

Unaffiliated fuckbeater would've also been tutaminis focused to give fuckbeating a viable chance against sabers.

Well tutaminis doesn't make anyone outright immune to lightsabers, but as seen in both the old republic coruscant cinematic with Satelle Shan, or when Vader just straight up deflected Han's blaster shot in Cloud City.

It does mean that cursory or glancing blows when not focuses are less frightening, and if focused you can just hard up grab a saber and kick, punch or headbutt a dude while they're taking a second to realise what you just did.

Unaffiliated fuckbeater would've also been tutaminis focused to give fuckbeating a viable chance against sabers.
As I said, I will allow it. I think it is a cool defensive force power overall. Be it fuckbeater or the Grey twileck.

Would you like to use one of those concepts?

As I said, I will allow it. I think it is a cool defensive force power overall. Be it fuckbeater or the Grey twileck.

Would you like to use one of those concepts?
I'll likely utilise Kaedi'ae. Who by the way, would never be a grey jedi. Grey is far to drab and dull for her liking. How is she suppose to wear expressive clothes when they're just grey. Totally lame.

But yeah, playing Kaedi'ae would likely be the most fun, especially since if we're doing the post-RotJ she can make call back jokes and comments like nobodies business.

If it follows the EU lore count me in. I'll bring the force wardens in. The One Sith Fucked with the balance, and so they need their collective asses kicked.

To the best of my knowledge, it shall. And am happy to receive input on how to better keep things Lore friendly, as my knowledge of events after the Darth Caedus arc are shaky at best. The more knowledge the better!

As well! The Force Wardens are most welcome.

I'll likely utilise Kaedi'ae. Who by the way, would never be a grey jedi. Grey is far to drab and dull for her liking. How is she suppose to wear expressive clothes when they're just grey. Totally lame.

But yeah, playing Kaedi'ae would likely be the most fun, especially since if we're doing the post-RotJ she can make call back jokes and comments like nobodies business.
Using Grey as a catchall term for middle of the road force user with training from one of the sects. Though I will be disappointed if she doesn't have an equally colorful title to call herself.

Using Grey as a catchall term for middle of the road force user with training from one of the sects. Though I will be disappointed if she doesn't have an equally colorful title to call herself.
Actually, that is 100% fair. If she's been kicking around and keeping to her own since the old Republic, she's got to have given herself a title or something even in jest by now.

Actually, that is 100% fair. If she's been kicking around and keeping to her own since the old Republic, she's got to have given herself a title or something even in jest by now.
Since the Old Republic? You are going to have sell that one pretty darn hard for me to let that pass.

Since the Old Republic? You are going to have sell that one pretty darn hard for me to let that pass.
I mean, there's a reason I asked about her my dude. Her sheet has the back story for it, and, well, believe it or not, it's actually a EU-feasible ability that no one in universe ever figured out how to purposefully do, but it's effectively melding with the force, while still being tangible.

It's what Palpatine ultimately was trying to figure out how to do. But again, because of the Force having it's own penultimate will, it's also something that you wouldn't be able to force into happening. It's either an entirely unexpected and unwanted or unplanned outcome, or you die and get to be a force ghost instead.

The Jedi K'kruhk, and Yoda, both had the potential for it, and it's part of why they had exponentially long lives. Because remember, not all Sith and not all Jedi had vastly extended lives just because of the Force, and some had far longer extensions than others.

I mean, there's a reason I asked about her my dude. Her sheet has the back story for it, and, well, believe it or not, it's actually a EU-feasible ability that no one in universe ever figured out how to purposefully do, but it's effectively melding with the force, while still being tangible.

It's what Palpatine ultimately was trying to figure out how to do. But again, because of the Force having it's own penultimate will, it's also something that you wouldn't be able to force into happening. It's either an entirely unexpected and unwanted or unplanned outcome, or you die and get to be a force ghost instead.

The Jedi K'kruhk, and Yoda, both had the potential for it, and it's part of why they had exponentially long lives. Because remember, not all Sith and not all Jedi had vastly extended lives just because of the Force, and some had far longer extensions than others.
Sorry my friend, but I cant bring myself to accept such an extension.

While i am certainly not against aged or extended lifespans. To that sort of degree is a bit too potent for me to feel that it is balanced. And could leave a character far too much of an edge/power/advantage over everyone else.

I'm going to have to recommend an adjustment to that facet of her character.

Sorry my friend, but I cant bring myself to accept such an extension.

While i am certainly not against aged or extended lifespans. To that sort of degree is a bit too potent for me to feel that it is balanced. And could leave a character far too much of an edge/power/advantage over everyone else.

I'm going to have to recommend an adjustment to that facet of her character.
That is fair. Though it would've been played more for kicks than for power. Not that the character vies for power, but I digress.

Just imagine "Man, haven't seen an ass like that since Satele Shan?"
"What?!"
"Oh, don't worry about it. You wouldn't know her."

Here, perhaps a far lesser extension by degree, and shift it to a dark side/sith cult in the far outer rim during the build-up to the clone wars? Effectively awakens, putts about, tries to return home, reaiises war has been going on, nearly makes it back to Coruscant when the Order 66 Jedi-ban-hammer comes down. Already listed as dead by Jedi anyhow... time to disappear and poke a nose around helping where she can. Doesn't decide to get real friendly with any force orders til after the Empire falls.

Keeps her far and away from in universe shenanigans, and also dials back a lot of theoretical knowledge, Sith, Jedi or otherwise she could've accrued, while still functioning for the basics of the base sheet.

Mmm, and do recall her biggest catch all here. She can't externalise the Force aside from general senses.

Force finds a way to balance all things. As Palpatine learned to force the Force through him to channel planet wide lightning storms, he couldn't keep his body from quickly failing him. Kaedie'ae is the inverse. Cool, you get to live long, in fact, don't get brutally murdered by anything and you should be set. That being said, you've been balanced. Meaning enhanced senses, strength and reflexes are your go-to. You can also zap people that opt to touch you, and are adept with tutaminis.

Force push, pull, lightning, all the stuff you expect the standard force wielder to have, however, are lost. No force externalisation. You want to put stuff out into the universe, you gotta do it the old fashioned way. Spit and elbow grease.

That is fair. Though it would've been played more for kicks than for power. Not that the character vies for power, but I digress.

Just imagine "Man, haven't seen an ass like that since Satele Shan?"
"What?!"
"Oh, don't worry about it. You wouldn't know her."

Here, perhaps a far lesser extension by degree, and shift it to a dark side/sith cult in the far outer rim during the build-up to the clone wars? Effectively awakens, putts about, tries to return home, reaiises war has been going on, nearly makes it back to Coruscant when the Order 66 Jedi-ban-hammer comes down. Already listed as dead by Jedi anyhow... time to disappear and poke a nose around helping where she can. Doesn't decide to get real friendly with any force orders til after the Empire falls.

Keeps her far and away from in universe shenanigans, and also dials back a lot of theoretical knowledge, Sith, Jedi or otherwise she could've accrued, while still functioning for the basics of the base sheet.
I'll be the first to admit I love a good joke and employ humor whenever I can. But even I cant always allow myself to employ all my good jokes...

Even with the adjustment, that is still pushing it. That's about, what. 150-200ish years?

Now I'll grant that there aliens that do normally live that long. But this is a bit of a more unique case.

Here's what I'll do.

I'll allow the cult origin, and a little bit before the clone wars.

I'll allow the longevity by extension of that. And she can be sitting around watching holograms as she please or whatever she had been doing.

However!

I can't allow an indefinite extension of lifespan. And I dont like the idea of doing things established potent characters were capable of doing. To this degree, start giving her some wrinkles. Have age start to set in a little. Looking in the mirror and boobs arent as perky. I'm sure there are plenty of jokes to be had from that. And could be used as a catalyst to really start living.

Keep her around the equivalent level of a Knight, please. This including force knowledge, experience, and any self training she might have gone through if any. And this is considering the balance of her lack of certain force abilities and split between light and dark.

That's what I have so far for you. Though I might think of something more to adjust when its day time and I've mulled it over further.

Just to officially throw my cloak in the ring. I am, of course, interested. I have a few Force Users and a couple of Mando's about, that all would like to join in.

Just to officially throw my cloak in the ring. I am, of course, interested. I have a few Force Users and a couple of Mando's about, that all would like to join in.
I would love to hear about them! Any certain one you are particularly interested in throwing in first?

Well. I feel like Non-FU's usually get the short end of the casting stick in RP's. So my Mando is looking at me like I have a high price on my head, and I some how insulted his clan. Now my Cathar pilot would be fun too, with the possibility of a dark side conversion, if the opportunity presents itself. I've also done a Grey Jedi before as well.

Well. I feel like Non-FU's usually get the short end of the casting stick in RP's. So my Mando is looking at me like I have a high price on my head, and I some how insulted his clan. Now my Cathar pilot would be fun too, with the possibility of a dark side conversion, if the opportunity presents itself. I've also done a Grey Jedi before as well.
And they are all more than welcome! Do they have any particular affiliations?

Pilots are always nice!(my personal favorites) Which reminds me. I am hoping to get some fleet and fighter play involved.

Dark side conversion plots are also always fun! Cant wait to see the Cathar. Hey! Maybe they will meet my bothan Sith Apprentice.

I'll be the first to admit I love a good joke and employ humor whenever I can. But even I cant always allow myself to employ all my good jokes...

Even with the adjustment, that is still pushing it. That's about, what. 150-200ish years?

Now I'll grant that there aliens that do normally live that long. But this is a bit of a more unique case.

Here's what I'll do.

I'll allow the cult origin, and a little bit before the clone wars.

I'll allow the longevity by extension of that. And she can be sitting around watching holograms as she please or whatever she had been doing.

However!

I can't allow an indefinite extension of lifespan. And I dont like the idea of doing things established potent characters were capable of doing. To this degree, start giving her some wrinkles. Have age start to set in a little. Looking in the mirror and boobs arent as perky. I'm sure there are plenty of jokes to be had from that. And could be used as a catalyst to really start living.

Keep her around the equivalent level of a Knight, please. This including force knowledge, experience, and any self training she might have gone through if any. And this is considering the balance of her lack of certain force abilities and split between light and dark.

That's what I have so far for you. Though I might think of something more to adjust when its day time and I've mulled it over further.
I will say, as the actual basis of the character /is/ 100% the conceptualised opposite of the Force Ghost, the addition of aging doesn't actually work for the character in any tangible EU-canonical sense. As such, her character and even the whole history of who she is, what happened to her, how she avoided 66 and all the other niggling details would have to be altered. Too much detail to mess with, and altering her history would actively alter and change her personality.

As such, rather than make this a sticking point I'll run with my secondary idea the fuckbeater. Which I now need to make a character for. Maybe theme him off the Pathfinder Gnoll I've been playing or something.

I will say, as the actual basis of the character /is/ 100% the conceptualised opposite of the Force Ghost, the addition of aging doesn't actually work for the character in any tangible EU-canonical sense. As such, her character and even the whole history of who she is, what happened to her, how she avoided 66 and all the other niggling details would have to be altered. Too much detail to mess with, and altering her history would actively alter and change her personality.

As such, rather than make this a sticking point I'll run with my secondary idea the fuckbeater. Which I now need to make a character for. Maybe theme him off the Pathfinder Gnoll I've been playing or something.
Then beater it shall be! Looking forward to seeing him! And not just because I have a positive bias towards gnolls.

Then beater it shall be! Looking forward to seeing him! And not just because I have a positive bias towards gnolls.
Hmm, shistavanen adept. Would've been more dark side affiliated, but survival makes for survival, and light and dark stop mattering. More bestial than most shistavanen, likely larger and more ferocious looking due to instinctual drives of the force. Similar to how many animals that got access to the force became larger and more bestial. Rancors being a good example.

Dumped on an unnamed and borderline inhospitable planet(pick a number 1-10000, cause there're a lot of these) meant to be the proving grounds for potential adepts to be utilised by the inquisitorious of the empire, guy effectively either killed his way through any creature, or any other adept, that threatened him until eventually the imperial ships stopped coming. Killed a smuggling crew that opened fire on him and stole their ship. Found out the empire got shafted anyhow, and promptly began arena fighting and bounty hunting with eff all else to do.

Picked up tutaminis while on the proving planet of errant adepts trying to lightsaber him to death, and just about any other force abilities he has are to augment his physical limits, his reflexives and five senses, and to just make him likely the biggest, toughest, fuckbeateriest shistavanen prowling the galaxy.

Perhaps has a collection of dark side adept lightsabers.

If he does, he doesn't like them because "The obnoxious humming gives away your position. And don't even get me started on the stupid red glow."

Hmm...

Might give him a pet he literally just straight up hand to hand put down and asserted dominance over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back