• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Trek: USS Freedom OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm not entirely sure to be honest! But, for example, our current mission might be handled by using the Prefix code system.

For alien ships, it might be a matter of using communication signals as well as sensors to detect what they're broadcasting (or just transmitting wirelessly inside their ship during standard operations) and then trying to understand their operating system, in order to potentially confuse it, hack it or control it.

I remember years ago chuckling at the remarkable lack of wireless information transfer in Star Trek, mostly chalking it up to a big failure to imagine.
Now, I wonder if they weren't incredibly smart bastards, making sure actual information exchange is done through physical isoliner chips so no one can hack you. ;)

I...you...you just used more big words than I'm familiar with. You take communications. I'll act as the stand in when needed :)

I...you...you just used more big words than I'm familiar with. You take communications. I'll act as the stand in when needed :)

Your Ferengi is most perfect tho :D He's so fun.
I remember playing a table top Star Trek RPG where a friend played a Ferengi and after one mission, she brought a horse on board. Then the following conversation happened:
Captain: "Explain where you got the horse"
She: "We exchanged it for silver plates"
Captain: "Where did you get silver plates?"
She:"We exchanged them for a medieval gun."
Captain: "Where did you get a medieval gun??"
She: "Some people gave it to us in exchange for a promise that we wouldn't steal their children"

I should probably bow out of this RP. It looks like the ship has its CSO.
Apologies if I caused some confusion? But it was my understanding you had that Navy spot that was a different role than his? And that you are above him, technically?

Tempestus Tempestus I didn't mean to overstep or take a role. It was my understanding that CSO and the Tactical Unit Leader were two separate roles, where TUL was subordinate to the CSO. This would be an excellent opportunity for our characters to interact and start figuring out their dynamic. John will very much follow orders.

Plus I have some things I'd like to discuss with you. :)

Savir: "I am not interested in credits, as I require little. However, it is undeniable that I am the most competent person on this ship, and it pleases me it was immediately recognized."

/Also Ill post tomorrow, Im at a steampunk festival and I dont wanna drunkpost/

Senior Chief: Mr. Sovak, do not try and take the Commander's credits. *leans in and whispers* Find a way to get him to give them to you instead.

I have post all lined up, just waiting for the Captain to give the word and for the newly promoted First Officer to post before I post it. ^_^

sorry guys, work was riding me hard and then I was solving a band situation, which resulted in one person leaving, and things are generally crappy

I was a little confused as to whether Savir is beaming over or not, but it appears the situation has explained itself, so I'll finish reading the posts and hopefully come up with something tonight.
Seems you've outdone yourselves while I was briefly not looking :D

Aaaand here we go fell asleep writing a post. Will finish first thing when I open my eye.

I apologize for a delay in posting. Military schedule and all. I will do my best to get a post up very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back