• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Trek/Star Wars crossover

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
Pitch:
Who remembers this old debate? Death Star vs. the Enterprise? Kirk putting the moves on Leia? Could a lightsaber block a phaser? One thing I never got though was why no one ever dug into the real meat of that divide. There's deeper and more important ideas between the preeminent space operas than which players would win in a fight. So why not explore some of those? In order to do that though, I need a proper counterpart. Not only do I love Star Wars, I'd say I stand with it, the Jedi, and the Force ideologically if asked which of these two franchises I side with. So I'm looking for someone on the flip side of that coin. Someone who stands for Star Trek. Who sincerely believes in the principals purported by the show, creators, Star Fleet, and the Federation.

Setting:
An AU for both franchises, where the Empire was crushed shortly after its rise by Star Fleet's intervention upon discovering the Galaxy. Where that fits on the Trek timeline(s), I'll leave to you. This leaves the Jedi still scattered to the wind and possibly just as afraid to make contact with each other as under the Empire. What with Star Fleet's ability to sway people to their ideological side and desire to uplift civilizations to their next phase by . . . abandoning certain practices. Hopefully you get where I'm going with this.

Alternatively: Could also wheel back the events a tad bit where the Republic is integrated into the Federation and the Jedi Order still stands but they don't integrate into the Federation. Instead they're now apart from a large percentage of the Republic.

Or, or: Flat out crossover where a Federation Starship ends up in the new galaxy or a Jedi and his companions end up in the Milky Way.

Characters:

I'd prefer us both to play original characters. Frees up the plot specifics and allows for a lot of unique interplay not hampered by canon personalities or place in the story. We'd also both be playing multiple characters with you playing the Star Fleet crew with maybe the Captain as the main character on your side. Where canons would show up is in the villains such as if Darth Vader is to make an appearance or maybe one of the Star Trek hostile factions or a particular character you like who isn't as much a personal nemesis to any of the canon crews. I'm trusting your side of the coin on that.

Story:

This relies on a bit of input from your end, as the idea I'm proposing is placing my character in a position to debate and defend the Jedi Order. How that comes about though would depend on both our character's circumstances clashing with one another. Maybe you're part of an away team that encounters me on a planet with some trouble going down and we both try to help in our own ways but end up butting heads. Maybe I'm being held prisoner and the scene is an interrogation. Or, if we're going with that other option of the Jedi Order still standing, the meeting is a formal diplomatic negotiation between the Jedi Order and Star Fleet. Or maybe we're both in alliance against a threat but we clash on our methods of how to combat it.

The plot can be whatever we decide it to be but the story is ultimately providing each side a stage to share our worldviews and ultimately reach a compromise.

Minor details:

-Thread based
-1st or 3rd person
-Don't stress word count. Especially since the heavy scenes are meant to be conversational. Do feel free to create your own scenes though with the crew talking to each other like on the show. Whatever word count serves the scene we're creating.
-Not meant to be an epic. More like a narrative thought experiment. (Short to medium length RP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back