• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern St. Lewis High School: Long Term High School Project

doc_lovesponge

Mr. Showstoppa
Looking to do a long term High School project based on teen dramas such as Degrassi, taking place in the mid-2000's. We will follow these characters until graduation, in which we would create a new cast. However, I would only be looking to have a RP of four to five people to limit on turnover rate, each having 2-3 main characters. Admins will also be a role you could get, which is explained in the spoiler. Expected to have at least 700 words per post. Anyone interested?

The plan is to have a small group of role players, and two admin. The role players should be rather self explanatory, they role play. Roleplay multiple main characters in fact. However, there's a schedule to it. Role players will be free for the whole week. Yes, this isn't going to be similar to the play-by-post format that you are used to, which is still a great way to play. But this will be a role play where the players are free for the week, able to play their other role plays and think of the response they want before they need to post it. It can be a great time to think and not get burned out on a role play. Think of this like a D&D campaign where you have a one day or session to play while the rest of the week is just talking about the last session and planning. However, when the day comes to write, it should be less casual than usual. A decent amount of writing is expected, as in at least 700 words for that day. Though unavailability can be excused by talking to an admin.

An admin basically acts as a DM or GM in an average Tabletop RPG. They act for the NPC's control for the overall world, and act out for the NPC. Admins will pretty much be the world that role players are changing. I will be an admin, but there will be at least three at the start, though admins have to know that their characters exist for the players to interact with, not to outshine.

The rules may seem weird, but they are for a purpose. Burnout and turn over rate is a big problem in roleplaying games, along with the problem that having a all week play by post comes with. Having a structure with long breaks between post not only keeps the players rather fresh with the plot, but hope fully keeps the players coming back!

Credit to Westbrook by Winona for the great high school RP that inspired me as well!

I've been craving something like this, and the idea of a designated writing day each week? 👀 I'm definitely interested.

Looking to get at least 5 players to say that they're interested so I can post a character sheet. At least two more players to show interest! Planning on having people control multiple characters instead of just having a ton of players. Hopefully would get rid of turnover rate.

Last edited:

A rather basic outline, but I want you to make your characters shine! Good luck!

Hoooo boi this sounds like an RP that's right up my street!
I'm very much interested, and I love the idea of how it would be structured.

Yeah but that's not what i meant,the host said he's looking for 5 players to be interested but we have like 7.
OH! My bad!!!! I can only speculate on that- Like, I do get the feeling that due to the style of rp going on here we won't be seeing a first come first serve deal, but again, I can only speculate!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back