Squad A IC

Yuuki Mifune

The sudden sound of coins rattling in the cup caught Yuuki's attention as he turned back towards the girl. That was a bit of a surprise. Looks like Ayumu may actually have a heart in there . . . well, somewhere anyway. Of course he turned around and made it seem like he had nothing to do with it. Meh, it was probably best Yuuki didn't bring it up any then.

Yuuki noticed the girl's sudden change in demeanor. Something was off, but just what he wasn't sure of. Mismatched eyes watched her closely as she stood and bumped into Ryu before turning and running. Wait . . . The Gennin suppressed a groan. That girl just stole something, didn't she? Why did Ryu even let her get away with it? So many things weren't adding up here. His teammate's usually far more aware of his surroundings, he should have noticed and stopped her.

"We have a lead. That girl's one of the child thieves in this town."

Oh . . .

Well that explains it then. Makes way more sense than someone with the best scores in the academy making such a simple mistake. Yuuki nodded, listening to Ryu break down his little plan. Giving them the option to assist or go about their own business . . . There really wasn't much of a debate between the two for Yuuki. Hard to tell with Ayumu though. He watched their teammate disappear from sight, leaving them a mark before beginning to stalk his target.

"We should probably follow him," Yuuki said as he turned towards Ayumu and Kazuo. "Something just isn't adding up, how worked up that girl suddenly became when asked about where she's from. I don't know, I just can't shake the feeling Ryu may be getting in over his head if we let him go alone." Besides, what kind of team did that make them?

Kazou Yamamoto

"A wise decision Ryo, and a plan well suited to a ninja." Kazou complemented the young man before he left and looked to the other two. "Follow the signs he will leave, though it is best to plan this far before hand... I shall teach you some commonly used symbols to help you with these type of missions, and to help you notice those used by others, after this mission of course; Along with our normal lessons, good communication can out perform any jutsu, remember this as you go forwards." the man explained as he made a mental note for his future lessons, speaking one hand raised in a pointing finger for emphasis.

Instead of disappearing to follow as he should... the jonin... winced...? he cringed slightly as his body seemed to shiver for but a moment... His hand dropped down to the handle of his sword for but a moment before he had swiftly brought them together before himself, fingers intertwined. "Remain cautious... and watch each other's back, all it takes is for one man to get lucky to bring another down." he warned lastly, before he disappeared in a small cloud of smoke...

"...Seems its getting worse today... presence of another demon rouses you, disgusting cur... Sit and obey like a good dog... And I may see about giving you a treat later... if you behave..." he spoke softly to the monster below... it's vexing hunger prodding him over and over...

He took two pills to cure his headache, and continued to watch his charges, young they may be... but they will become great ninja...

Should he not lose himself before they leave him.

Ayumu Susumu

Ayumu chuckled as the girl passed Ryu. That was sleight of hand comparable to his, she was good, that was for sure. He wasn't even mad his money had gone to a thief, she had just given them everything they needed, and that was worth the price of admission.

"Hmm, I see you decided to be even more generous than me, what a hero. Sounds like an awful lot of coins. Let me know the bill afterwards."

As for what path he would choose? That was easy, he had said he trusted his teammates.

Ryu disappeared infront of him. That prompted a smile from Ayumu. Sensei was still leaving the mission up to them. Infact, in a cloud of smoke, he disappeared. Ayumu had to wonder if he was still watching. Not that he cared, if he was, great.

"I see. Yuuki, if I might ask a favor, mind erasing those for me? Wall running's not exactly a specialty of mine. I'll keep up, don't you worry."

Ayumu was next to disappear, though not with genjutsu. Ayumu ran forward, merging with the crowd ahead. Like a shadow, he ran through the gaps of people, not even really slowed down by it. It had the added benefit of hiding his otherwise ostentatious appearance. High of the rooftop, he'd flash white everywhere he went. He kept up the trail by following the red marks, til between the gaps he saw the little girl's image.

"Hmmm... A pickpocket could be going anywhere. We could be following her scam people for hours. If she's in a gang, they've got to have a safeheaven... people always go where its safe when they are scared."

She disappeared again as another man walked infront of Ayumu, before reappearing. Ayumu made sure to keep his distance, last thing he wanted to do was catch whatever dirt she was carrying. As to let Ryu know he was about to do something, as soon as he confirmed she was looking away, his hands dipped in his sleeves, and a throwing knife flew like a bird, several meters ahead of where he had guessed Ryu was, knowing as the red formed.

Then he was a dick.

Hell Viewing Jutsu.

tumblr_n5ap7qyUP01tso9a2o1_500.jpg

The girl continued to travel on, unaware she was being followed. She had a pechant for picking pockets or putting on a bit of a play, but she wasn't an expert when it came to being followed or following others. She continued on seeming to venture about often being seen having her pleas rejected, though each time doing her quick little motion to snatch the coin from peoples pockets and continue on in her short hurry. Despite moving about picking pockets, the girl seemed to be observing around quite a bit herself doing more then just stealing. It wasn't enough to catch sight of the Genin but it was noticable enough as if she was looking for someone or she was afraid of being caught.

The girl stopped briefly in her tracks as suddenly the illusion picked up. The girl seemed paused, her eyes opening a bit. The girl suddenly shook a bit before suddenly walking off in a hurry. Her head turned looking back as the girl notably shook before taking off in a quick sprint. It wasn't hard to tell how frightened she was to the point of seeming to only be moving out of a sense of survival where most her age likely would of falling in shock.

She rushed over ducking into the archway of a boarded up shop. The girl tugged away at one of the pannels that was lose before she crawled inside through the rather small hole, hastily pushing the panel back though in her hurry leaving it slightly cracked open showing it wasn't in place correct.

The building itself was much like the rest of the district having been built practically attached to the nearby places. It extend up two stories, its door boarded up along with the window on the ground floor. The upstairs windows were left dirty and intact, boards being used as a makeshift way to block the glass apparent there wasn't too much care in the departure of the owner to bother doing so outside. There were no stairs located along the side, the upstairs itself being attached likely to the abandoned shop as the owner's apartment before it was closed for some unknown reason.

Some shuffling could be heard briefly inside somewhere a bit further on the first floor before silence. It was hard to tell just where she was or if she was around inside still.

@One Mean Ghost @Orikanyo @KageYuuki @Ganryu

Last edited by a moderator:
embed.php

The girl was rather fast. Ryu would have had trouble keeping up if he wasn't sticking to the walls like an oversized spider, marking everything as he went. He had gotten the rather crude message from Ayumu, so he wasn't surprised to see the girl suddenly take off. He managed to keep up with her easily, even as she darted to and fro in the maze of people and buildings. At last, the chase came to an end as she ducked into an abandoned building. From his place, he couldn't see any way in or out other than the loose panel the girl had ducked through.

He kept up his Mind Projection, dropping down quietly to the ground as he drew the final arrow pointing to the loose board along with a simple skull symbol to indicate that caution was needed. He knew that his teammates would be right behind him. For now, he needed to move before the girl had too much time to potentially warn anyone else inside about what had happened to her. He carefully moved the board with his free hand, making his way inside and pulling his scroll behind him, securing it as he kept his back against the wall, his eyes scanning the house as he kept his free hand on the cap to his scroll, just in case he needed water. Even now, he was still hidden by his Jutsu.

Ideally, he would have this first room secured by the time they arrived to ensure they didn't come right into a trap thanks to the choke point door. 'Just where did that girl disappear to?....'

Yuuki Mifune

Ayumu actually wanted to follow him and Ryu? Well, that was a bit of a surprise. Not totally unwelcome by any means, just . . . unexpected given his track record thus far. Yuuki turned to look at the arrow closest to them. "Mmm, I'll see what I can do," he said before giving chase with his teammates. For the most part, staying out of the crowd's way and erasing any of Ryu's markers was easy enough. Though there were several markers just too high for him to get to, even as agile as the young Gennin was currently. Clinging to and walking up walls just wasn't a skill he'd developed yet.

So far it seemed the little thief was completely oblivious to being followed by the trio. It also didn't seem that Ryunosuke was going to be the only victim to her pickpocketing. Though he'd been the only one that actually paid any attention to the little girl. Yuuki shook his head. No, now wasn't the time to focus on the state Koseki was in right now. Mismatched eyes were focused on watching their target, missing the fact that Ayumu nearly hit their teammate with a throwing knife.

All things considered it was likely for the best that Yuuki didn't see that . . .

What he did notice, however, was the way the girl they were following suddenly took off like a shot. What's gotten into her all of a sudden? A frown painted Yuuki's face as he followed the other two in his team, coming to a stop in front of the loose panel Ryu had marked. He didn't go in there, did he? It was one thing to go on ahead while out in the open. But someplace like an abandoned building? The idiot might have just waltzed into a trap . . .

If only the Ryugan had awoken, then he would have at least been able to get an idea how many were hiding inside the building. Not to mention an idea of where Ryu was poking around.

Ayumu normal smug remained as the girl began to run.

"Well, well, let's see where you live. Hopefully no where too dirty. 31,000 Ryo, huh."

Ayumu thought for a minute, before growing frustrated.

"Hrrmm. That is a lot. Oh well. Carrying out the mission is priority number one."

The girl ran straight for a nearby building, disappearing like an ant into it. Ayumu's eyebrows twitched at the hole. She was.... in there?

Ayumu looked towards Yuuki who had also arrived.

"One of us should stand guard, stop any escapes."

Ayumu flinched as he decided what he should do, seeming for the first time nervous. His teammates would probably look down on him if he volunteered.

"I suppose I could go support Ryu. It's a teammate's duty. What preference do you have?"

With that, Ayumu came to the hole, staring at it for a solid 15 seconds, with a look of revolt on his face. He'd do it if he needed to.

As Ryu ventured into the building darkness was quick to surround him. Only a dim flickering light was all that was left on the ceiling as all the other lights were missing leaving only the busted blinking light covering just behind the counter. Shelves that had once held goods were knocked over as broken and tore boxes were left how they were completely scavenged in the hopes of getting anything of value. Even the old bolted down cash register had its draw completely ripped out laying on the ground. Where a door knob had been for the backroom was gone with the door wide open leading upstairs.

Behind the counter some broken glass was left behind and well rotted food of some sort whoever burgled the place stayed well enough away from. A stained rug laid on the floor. The gawky brown rug was rather quite straight given the condition of the place being placed nicely in front of the cash register, the broken glass pushed off towards the back side gathered in a rather neat pile. There was no sign of the girl at all on the first floor from his careful searching of the large open store room.

Yuuki Mifune

"One of us should stand guard, stop any escapes."

Yuuki silently watched as Ayumu moved to study ther wooden board blocking the entrance to the supposedly abandoned building. Honestly, he was expecting his teammate to jump at the chance to sit this one out. Given his current track record and all.

"I suppose I could go support Ryu. It's a teammate's duty. What preference do you have?"

Yuuki couldn't stop the faint frown from forming on his face., Sure, he wasn't expecting Ayumu to go and offer to follow Ryunosuke inside. That said, he still didn't overly trust the white haired Gennin. Even if it did look like he may have misjudged him.

A little . . .

Maybe . . .

He wasn't about to spend the rest of this mission just twiddling his thumbs while the other two went inside and did the work. But it's bound to be dark in there . . . He glanced to the decaying building. By his age, many members of his clan would have already awakened their eyes. The Ryugan offering flawless vision even in the dark. Of course I'm going to be just as blind in there as the other two. Not to mention the entire issue of swords not being overly practical in cramped spaces.

Yuuki finally let out a slow sigh before turning back towards Ayumu. "You said yourself you're not all that good in a fight. Leaving you alone to stand guard probably wouldn't be a good idea." He folded his arms in front of his chest. "But I can't just let you waltz in there alone either." Ayumu may have been a complete dick, but Yuuki still wouldn't feel right letting him walk into who knew what kind of danger. It's not like they knew how far inside Ryu had already progressed or whether or not he was in any trouble.

Ayumu Susumu

Ayumu smuggly raised an eyebrow to the 'not good in a fight comment.' He didn't say anything though.

"Very well. We'll simply be sure to catch her before she gets the chance to escape. And I suppose finding her quickly would do better than anything else."

Looking at the hole once again, Ayumu winced. So dirty. But he had said he wasn't going to be a burden.

As he crawled through it, his reaction was very visible. He mouthed to himself:

'oh heavens, something touched me. '

Getting through it, he had to resist the urge to gag. He looked disappointingly down at his robes, where splotches of dirt covered the long sleeves. Those sleeves had taken days to sew to be usable as ninja pouches.

Ayumu looked then around the room, even more repulsed than by the hole. He couldn't see much due to the light, though he could hear Ryu his teammates. They weren't quiet as elegant on their feet as he, though in the dark room, Ayumu's dazzling white robes made him not exactly the perfect picture of stealth either.

There was one thing that was far more gawdy in the room than anything else. The brown rug Ayumu could clearly make out from how different it was. It looked awful, it didn't fit in with the atmosphere of the room at all.

He quietly mouthed, 'disgusting', before lightly kick it.

As Ayumu kicked the rug, it caused it to slid a bit while part of the rug kicked up. A trap door could be seen, a small ladder leading down into a seeming scantly used basement. The basement itself wasn't very tall, being just tall enough for an adult man to enter barely, a taller person needing to duck their head to slip through the various floorboards. It was seemingly empty, only a small collection of boxers left behind consisting of paper towels or other utility goods of not too much worth to take with them. Dust covered the items having shifted over as the owner didn't seem to care much for the space. On the far side however, a hole was chiseled through the concrete.

Peeking out it it appeared to be the underside leading to a lot of piping. A particular large old pipe sat extending out some distance, the hole perfectly placed where the hole was leading forward. The pipe extended out several hundred feet before sliding into a dark looking concrete interior. The structure itself looked as if it had no windows. A close look exposed a sign for 'seweage' althoguh it looked as if the building was abandoned of use having been phased out some time ago. The pipe seemed to have a hole a hundred feet out or so to climb into allowing access to the boarded and chained up old sewage house.

Ayumu raised an eyebrow as he spotted a the trap door.

"My, my. I think I found something. This does look promising."

Ayumu looked at the door, before a realization hit him and he flinched. The though of all the dirt hit him. Ayumu looked at his already dirty robes. It might come out, but much more...

"Hmm.... that's what the rewards for I guess...."

Without waiting for any of his teammates to follow, Ayumu zipped up his mansuit, and jumped down the trap door.

If he thought that was bad, the next sight to greet him was repulsive. The smell hit first, before the view. Ayumu looked to see the sign next to him.

Above, in the house with Ryu and Yuuki, the sound of retching could be heard echoing from down below.

With that unpleasantry out the way, Ayumu looked weakly back at the hole.

"This can't be... not even a street rat would dare to go through THAT. It's probably abandoned. Yeah... that's it. It's abandoned. Not used for years. Just like... a regular... dirt ridden filthy hole. If the kids have used it, it might even be cleaned...Come on, let's go.... It can't get worse. It only gets better, clean. Clean happy place, yes."

Without giving himself a chance to hesitate after his 'pep talk', Ayumu barreled through the hole, after wherever the little girl may have headed for, looking for any signs of a wellworn path.

Yuuki Mifune

Yuuki silently followed Ayumu inside the abandoned building, giving his eyes a moment to adjust to the sudden darkness. It was clear no one had really been here in a long while. No one that would care enough to take care of the place anyway. Ryu was currently nowhere in sight, though knowing him he was probably still using his genjutsu to hide. The Gennin's left hand rested on the sheath to his sword. If anything, it was purely out of habit now. Though it did allow for him to unlock the blade should the need arise.

The trapdoor found by his teammate quickly caught Yuuki's attention. He gave one last quick glance for Ryu to come out of hiding before jumping down behind Ayumu.

He wasn't prepared at all for the smell down there. Yuuki couldn't help but gag a little before covering his nose with his sleeve. "Gods, what is that? It smells like-" That's when his eyes landed on the sign.

Well, explained the smell anyway . . .

"This mission is really starting to suck," Yuuki muttered under his breath as he started to follow behind Ayumu. Given the worn down state the room upstairs was in, there really wasn't any practical way for Ryu to have gone much further inside. Let alone the girl they were following. Though Yuuki still gave a quick search for anymore of Ryu's marks when he'd first stepped inside.

The pipe itself had traces of skid marks from makeshift shoes covered in dirt, evident it had been crawled into. It was something that was only further proven getting to the whole in the pipe as the marks had ended, whoever had left the marks all seeming to enter into the rusted pipe. Any bit of 'bathroom goodies' was long since gone... although it seemed that a layer caked along the bottom of the pipe, the stench itself seemed to take the odor in different light... though not that huge of an improvement over something fresh. The pipe was rather form sitting, something an adult would likely have to wiggle through on their stomach to complete get in, the young Genin likely to be able to fit just enough to crawl on their hands and knees.

On the far side the pipe seemed to suddenly turn, pointing down into some other shoot inside the building. Where it lead was anyone's guess. The other direction behind appeared to lead around and turn, heading in some other direction covering its route that old homes use to do before the new sewage system was put in use to be less unsanitary. As dangerous as industry life could be, they didn't want their workers dying after all shorter lives and losing experienced workers in their factories.

On a closer look, the end pip seemed to curve down and turn not that far down. If they wanted to explore in the sewage plant, they were going to have to make a bold fall head first with no way to really turn around within the pipe.

Ayumu resisted the urge to scream like a little girl as he fell into the caked pipe. Acting on instinct, two kunai came out of his sleeves, stabbing the ground so he wouldn't have to. Two sharp thuds came as he balanced on them.

"These are soooo getting thrown away later."

Like a spider, with kunai extended, Ayumu propped himself until he could stand up in a still spot.

"I hate this place. I really, really hate this place."

With quick improvision, Ayumu grabbed some cloth from his bag, and quickly made himself some snow shoes out of the kunai. Afterall, he didn't want to ruin his shoes. With that, Ayumu continued down the tunnel, not daring to touch it with his hands or feet directly.

It was a lucky thing he'd already lost his lunch, this was the most disgusting thing he'd ever had to do. The only thing keeping him going was his promise to the mother, and the desire to show his use to the team. His main hope was if the girl passed through it, it couldn't be long. What an awful fate to pass out in this pipe. A killing intent came from the boy climbing through a pipe, Ayumu might be trying to be quiet, but he could be felt.

Yuuki Mifune

Tentatively, Yuuki peered into the dark pipe. A little light seemed to poke through here and there but it didn't provide enough light to clearly see. Just my luck . . . First mission and nothing but dark spaces. Not to mention the smell . . . it was even worse now that he was actually looking inside the pipe. A hand hesitantly slipped in to feel how open of a space there was in there.

Nope, would have to crawl.

"Starting to hate this mission about now," the Gennin grumbled under his breath. There wasn't anymore time to dwell on the unpleasant situation though, Ayumu was already on the move. His teammate having made it clear he would not wait within the pipe for the other two to catch up. "Yep, really starting to hate this mission." Yuuki murmured while crawling through the dark pipe cake in rather unspeakable stuff.

That girl better be close by.

embed.php

By now, Ryu was already through the pipe and exploring the other side. He had figured his partners would follow behind, and about now, he could feel murderous, killing intent coming through the pipe. It was a little surprising, he had assumed Ayumu would have bailed or refused to go in the pipes entirely. Given he was invisible, he hadn't minded falling out of the pipe, and given his work fixing all of Kemuri, he was rather accustomed to dirty jobs like this. It didn't make it any more pleasant, it just meant he wasn't going to care as much about getting dirty as his teammates.

For now, he kept a watch. Now that he knew his teammates were right behind him, it made sense for them to regroup. While he waited, he put himself in the highest corner he could get to to try and survey the area for any sign of the girl, or potential threats...

Sliding down the pipe the young Genin would find themselves in an old sewage tank. The stench still lingered though at the very least faded. What they would hope was unpleasant smelling dirt had found its way slipping through their fingers, coating the bottom of the tank. The top of the tank could be seen 15 foot high towering above the Genin with the inside of the tank being wide enough to easily support them all comfortable in it. A wooden ladder was placed down on the side, looking rather beaten up though functional.

Reaching the top, the old waste facility was quite barren. The rails meant to keep workers from falling in were bent, small parts having fallen into the tanks. A doorway was left jarred open, a heavy piece of metal used to keep the door open. The hallway continued forward with several locked doors chained up. Moving up to a corner the sound of distant voices could be head. Peering around the hall it was apparent the distant voices were coming from one of the rooms down the hallway.

Ayumu, being like spiderman at the moment with his kunai, managed to avoid dropping into the cess abyss below him, and having avoided more dirt than anyone else, though sad to say, long sleeves were not the perfect fashion choice in a sewer. Ayumu sighed like he'd avoided a spike trap as he saw the rest of the tank below. He could hear Mr. not-stealthy ghost infront of them, seemed they were almost all relatively nearby.... How the hell had Ryu gone infront of them? For all his yelling of kindness, teamwork, blah, blah, blah, it really struct the fashion diva's nerves. Granted, if Ayumu had known about what he'd just dived into, he'd probably have stayed behind.

He shook his head almost to resignment, the killing intent stopping. He turned to his teammates, and whispered.

"I do believe I have a plan.... I'd really, really like to finish this mission up, and find a haberdashery as soon as possible. And if this kid's mom knew where he was hanging out.... In any case, I require your assistance. I'll distract the lot, I doubt they'll run for some reason. Ryu, would you cut off their escape? And Yuuki, would you nab either the girl, or if we are lucky, the boy we are looking for while I'm doing my thing. I do say it's about time I earned my keep, though pity it's around a bunch of urchin."

Without waiting confirmation, Ayumu was off. A knife appeared in his hand, and he walked forward, into plain sight of the children, a series of handsigns followed him.

"Hello children, would you mind chatting me for a minute? I'm looking for someone."

As Ayumu said that, clone after clone began to appear around the area, effectively surrounding the children from every direction.

Haze Clone jutsu

Yuuki Mifune

Being practically blind and not overly skilled in the realm of chakra control, Yuuki was not prepared for the drop into the large tank. Nor . . . was he all that ready for what waiting at the bottom of said tank.

His shirt was white when he left that morning for the mission . . .

"Seriously?" He mumbled, standing and attempting to shake off as much . . . erm, dirt from his sleeves as possible. He agreed with Ayumu on that now would be a good time to wrap up the mission, or soonish anyway. It really would be nice if the boy they were looking for was up ahead, he doubted it would be that easy.

However . . .

A haberdashery? What? Shaking the thought from his head, the Gennin followed Ayumu up the ladder and down the hall, keeping enough distance to avoid being seen by any in the room ahead. Crouching in the shadows, his hands hovered in front of him ready to snap to a handsign at a moment's notice. The moment either of their targets emerged from that room, he'd take advantage of the body flicker technique to snag them before they react. It was only a matter of Ayumu flushing them out.

@Hanarei @Ganryu @One Mean Ghost

embed.php

Make sure none escape. That should be easy enough. He took up the best position he could to cover all exits, keeping his hand over his face so the jutsu would hold. Of course, if there was a scramble, he'd have to drop the jutsu to keep any of the targets from escaping. He'd need both hands, after all, and this jutsu had the unfortunate drawback of needing him to constantly hold the handsign to keep it from breaking.

He wasn't so sure about using the Hell viewing technique on kids, but Ayumu was too far along with the plan to stop him. He shook his head, hoping Ayumu knew what he was doing. Either way, all he could do know was go along with the makeshift plan and make sure his end didn't screw up.

Ryu honestly questioned why they were put out on a mission so soon with virtually no teamwork practice. Learning on the job is one thing, but they were basically trying to learn with a blindfold on.

Surely there was a reason Kazou sensei had done this, right?

It was as Ayumu entered he didn't find a sudden scattering he hoped. The child looked at him, the girl from earlier staring at him in particular with unease. She leaned in whispering to one boy as he stood cloaked. The children bunched up, holding up whatever weapon they had in hand. They held anything from pipes to flashlights, one even holding what looked to be a lunch pale. The cloaked one stood ahead looking at Ayumu, his face vaguely visible from under it.

"What do you want? We aren't afraid of you and your ninja stuff! We seen these tricks before! Are you a part of one of those other strange gangs causing trouble around here huh? We won't let you do any of your schemes. These streets are ours and we don't want any part in the bad stuff you are up to!" He spoke up quite boldly despite appearing unarmed himself.

tumblr_n5ap7qyUP01tso9a2o1_500.jpg

The girl from before who seemed so timid seemed to regain her footing. Her soft exterior looked as if it had toughened looking to them. "You heard him! We don't want you people here! All you do is cause trouble! We got it bad enough here without you going around! All your type does is go around killin! We are just trying to survive and... and you just don't care and try and make things worst!" She spoke as she seemed to show a bit of anger directed at them as her eyes were a bit wet. The cloaked boy's hand touched the girl's shoulder as a way of calming her down.

"Relax... either way we don't want to talk with you. Its bad enough trying to get about here, even worst when you got you ninja guys stalking around the underground smuggling weapons and stuff. You guys never think about the people below. You all claim its for us but all you do is cause us harm and take our parents. Leave now, we aren't scared of you!" He spoke as he seemed to take quite a bit of charge for the group looking at Ayumu showing a sense of bravery.

Ayumu rolled his eyes as they talked, putting the knife away. Or rather it seemed like the knife simply disappeared. The real Ayumu moved every bit like a phantom as his dopples did. His goal as an illusionist was to draw all the attention to the diversion, and keep the trick fresh. He trusted his teammates were setting up. It seemed to him the street urchins were much braver together as a group, but he might as well try.

"This is the last place I'd like to be either. You want to get rid of us, answer my question, and we're gone. Simple as that. Don't, and..."

All the clones in the room drew several blades.

"I honestly don't care if you keep scamming your streets and living completely without dignity instead of finding useful talents. After all, the people on 'your streets' are so rich, aren't they? Great pride in defending your city. Oh, one of your parents sent me down here to track down someone. Kaiden Weisner, always wears a hat. You could tip me off, and get rid of me. Of course bad information will send me back here.

Oh, and put those weapons away, they won't do anything against a phantom, nor will they protect your heart. Everything you see is an illusion here."

One of the dopples faded away to show it was a mere illusion. On one hand, it made him look weak, on the other hand, it drew the attention to himself, and popped the question what was real and fake. Hopefully Yuuki and Ryu would still do as he'd asked, he had trusted them afterall. He relied on Yuuki to seperate one of them, and he relied on Ryu to stop them from escaping, which also secure their own escape. Ryu just needed to sneak past him, and not interfer. Ayumu just needed to draw their attention away from his teammates to him, and away from the group, and away from the girl. He needed to show his teammates they could trust him as well. It was a bit annoying working on team activities on their first day together, but it could be worse.

Either they'd nab the girl.... or the mob would actually help him and tell him what he was asking for, but as long as they were together he doubted that.

His hands and long robes bounced as he retrieved fingered a smoke bomb in his sleeves waiting for either an answer, or a sudden abduction.

@One Mean Ghost @Hanarei @KageYuuki

Yuuki Mifune

Yuuki shifted, trying to keep track of what was going on inside the room from the shadows. Thankfully since his Ryugan hadn't awakened he didn't have to worry about their glow giving him away. On the other hand without them it was more difficult to keep track of his target in the chaos to come. Ayumu seems t o be pretty good with his genjutsu . . . If I wasn't watching him I probably wouldn't know which one was real.

He could see the girl just inside the room, there weren't too many kids gathered in there but it was still enough to make it a nuisance. But in this case speed was on his side. Once it began, Yuuki would be able to use the body flicker technique to get in and out of there quickly. The trick was going to be grabbing the girl and weaving the sign before someone brings a pipe down on the back of his head.

@Ganryu @One Mean Ghost @Hanarei

KAZOU YAMAMOTO

Operation: フクロウは、ラットをキャッチ(Fukurō wa, ratto o kyatchi), Owl catches the rat.

The objective was simple, kill the target without drawing attention to one's self.

A local gang leader getting too big for his shoes, muscling in on places he really shouldn't have, messed with the wrong person's daughter who had enough money and vindictiveness to order a hit.

Same story, different face, same outcome.

Perhaps one day his students would realize what he did long ago, that Kemuri is a city of Mercenaries. Not a city of heroes, not a city of nobles, but a city of death for hire... Or it once was atleast. Gone are the days it was given respect laden with fear, gone are the men and women he worked with... He was young, didn't fully understand, why he could not save his friends, his family, his brothers and sisters... They all worked for money, they worked for pride... and look what it got them.

"Wind blowing the leaves,

Hands stopping that which bleeds red,

Rain washes away."

Looking down from his spot atop the roof he spotted his target, drunk, perhaps was successful earlier that night. Or perhaps simply wanted to drink? He lumbered about like a fool, alone in a city like this, moving into a alley to drop or piss... Could this truly be the man he was to kill? What if he waited, perhaps he would simply fall upon a stone and drop into the expanse below? Why dirty his blade with blood of a rat...?

Blood of a rat...

A rodent...

A rodent that he was sent to slay... Not a rival ninja, not a prominent figure, not a man, not a human, not a living breathing being!

...Would he struggle? Struggle as he leans against the wall to releave himself? Struggle as he would grasp at the final strands of his life? Would he regret his decisions? Regret hurting that man's daughter? Regret living his life as he does? Regret spending his final moments... drunk and alone... In a piss filled ruin... With people who wouldn't care if he came back...?

But that didn't matter...

Because it was time for dinner, and he who survives must not whine about his meals, he must strive and fight to survive as best as he can... Lest the beast consume him instead. Standing up from his perch above he placed one hand upon the handle of his sword and pulled the blade loose, a dark thing, red as crimson and already dripping with blood, blood that dropped upon the head of the man below.

"Eh? What the- the hell is... Is this blood-?" his thought was cut short, and his body in two.

The owl takes wing once more, silent as it came, leaving but a bloodless husk of the rodent behind. He would return to report his success, to collect the due given to his city, his leader, but to himself he will not give a reward, for to live...

To live is enough.

"Wind blowing the leaves....-"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back