Squad A IC

Ayumu Susumu

Clapping was heard as Ryu reappeared. Ayumu didn't seem surprised in the least.

"Good job, good job. I knew you could do it."

Ayumu hadn't redoubled near as fast as the other two. He wanted a bit of space. Still, he gave Ryu the smokebomb because he figured he could have done it. Ayumu knew genjutsu like his would be useless on birds as their brains were so small, so he couldn't have done it. He'd prefer to be viewed a jerk to actually admitting that.

"Personally, I would just throw the smoke bomb infront of a wall, and have a clone walk out from it, but your way was beautifully done as well. Quite a show too. Well, with those done, shall we go meet the parents?"

With that, he switched direction towards Koseki. He was just grateful the birds were taken care of.

(Would you all like to skip to koseki? After Yuuki?)

Yuuki Mifune

Yuuki moved to stop as soon as Ryu reappeared in view. Thought the speed he was moving at left him skidding past his teammate instead. How he didn't end up flat on his nose, that's a mystery for another day. His discolored gaze quickly studied Ryu in search of any new injuries. Fortunately, it seemed he'd made it through that mess unharmed.

"So . . . that just happened." Yuuki muttered, still completely unsure of what to make of the entire situation. Though Ayumu's behavior certainly wasn't netting any points with him. The whole mess left him wondering if he could even trust his teammate once things actually went to hell.

And not the feathery kind.

The group eventually (through what crazy device, few could ever know) found their way into Koseki's residential district, or as most would call the slums. The very sky was practically blacked out with several bridges and other structures hiding away the cloud from the lower levels. It was layered in order of wealth. Those who were at the bottom nearest the dangerous mechanical parts were for those on the bottom rungs of society, while those given the chance for the smokey skylite were the wealthiest. Truthfully though, the ones at top weren't all that much better then those below. Most who visited the residential district would often refer to it at the slums. Even those on the highest tiers only had what was small apartments with a few rooms.

People of all sorts ventured around making their way through. Many seemed to be in a hurry rushing off to their jobs. Children who had neglected their classes were left playing games with one another, lacking parents being available to make sure they were focusing on their studies. A skrawny women ventured through picking up the trash that laid around, her clothing and dirty face belonging to one who lived on the lowest levels, given such a job to make scraps to live off of as she slowly limped around to get it done. The adult faces didn't show anger nor dispair, it was a sense of emptiness as they worked lifelessly along in their daily routines that had all but become a blur for so many of them.

The group headed up reaching the highest level of the residential district. The pathways were a little better kept up, though it seemed like little of an improvement from below. A single guard stood idle, half seeming to pay much attention leaning against a wall in his blue uniform with a badge, the badge itself appearing rusty and having been put through a great deal of use by other officers in the past. The various buildings were slightly more cleaned up, but it wasn't hard to see even with the 'wealth' of this section of the district, they only were cleaned off every couple of months at most. The group find themselves in front of a rather cozy hobble. Just as quickly they arrived, the door flung open.

latest

The young woman who appeared to be around her mid twenties stood before the group. She was nicely dressed up in a dress shirt with a green vest over top. Her brown was left cut above her shoulders and appeared to be well kept. It wasn't hard to tell given her appearances she was likely wearing an outfit meant for her work rather then her own comfort at home. "Ah! You must be the shinobi! Please... please come in quick! I only have a moment to talk." She spoke ushering them inside.

studio-apartment-floor-plan-design.jpeg

Not relevant to what what you see, but the bedroom would have two beds instead, one for her son and one for herself.

The apartment was opened up showing the closet to the side with a small hall. She lead them into the kitchen area before moving into her small living room with an L shaped couch. The couch itself looked rather nice, a bit aged though appearing to be a sort of 'hand me down'. While she wasn't wealthy she seemed to have some connections based off the decent condition of her living arrangement even if a lot of it was second hand.

"I'm happy you could come so quickly. You see... my son... he went missing a few days ago. I came back from my job and he was no where to be seen. I.. I tried looking for him but I eventually had to rest for work. Unfortunately they officers don't handle any kind of thing and... and I become really worried about him. He is a strong tough resilient kid but... but then I heard someone saw him near those... those thugs below and I'm afraid they might of taken him in! Who knows what they will make him do, you have to help!" She spoke as it seemed her calm demeanor quickly began to fall appart as she looked at the group of young Genin and their Jonin.

@One Mean Ghost @Orikanyo @KageYuuki @Ganryu

Last edited by a moderator:
embed.php

Somehow, no questions had been raised during the entire trip about Ryu's eye. He kept his hair hiding the bandages, and as of yet it seemed, no one had noticed his eye was bandaged. At least, none of them had said anything about it.

When they got to Koseki, his expression immediately turned to stone. He had heard of the issues in Koseki, but seeing them first hand was something entirely different. Frankly, it made Kemuri look a hell of a lot better. Even if Ryu was the only one really managing repairs, at least they were being done, unlike here...

Before long, they found themselves at client's home. When this mission began, the cynical side of him half expected some aloof, distant parent that was just tossing money around so shinobi could babysit her kid for her because she couldn't be bothered to raise him herself. When he saw how the boy's mother acted though, how she genuinely worried about her son, he felt a strange sensation....

Jealousy...

This kid didn't know how lucky he was to have a parent that cared whether he was alive or dead... Ryunosuke couldn't fathom why the boy would abandon a home where his mother actually cared for him. Ryunosuke put himself through hell trying to earn that, and this boy was throwing it away as if it were something repulsive...

For a moment, he wondered what it must be like to have family that actually loved and cared for you... He closed his eye, shaking the thought from his mind. This wasn't the time to have a pity party. They were on a mission, and this mission was the first of many that may just earn him back his parents' favor...

"Well, helping is why we're here....." Ryu murmured, his eye opening once more to examine the woman. So this was how a mother was supposed to act.... He wondered if his mother ever worried about him. She seemed to at first, when he seemed to struggle with Taijutsu, but once he had failed the Academy Exit Exam, she hadn't said a word to him. All he found was a note on a locked door, written in his father's handwriting telling him that he was no longer welcome among the rest of the Mizuchi family. In the three years since then, he hadn't heard a word from her, written or otherwise.

This stupid kid didn't realize just what he was throwing away...

Didn't he realize some people would literally kill to be in his shoes?

Ayumu Susumu, the Dandy

Ayumu walked through the streets, with his sleeve covering his mouth. He almost pranced rather than walk through such a place. Such a place must be terrible for his health. Still, he was a shinobi, that was all there was to it. He dreaded what else he would have to do here to actually find someone hiding; they could be under any trash pile. Poor or not, it seemed the biggest problem here was the lack of pride or hope.

As the mother met them, Ayumu put on his best show, removing his sleeve, and appearing still and attentive to every word she spoke. None of it was particularly As she finished, Ayumu gave an elaborate bow, showing off all his colors as he ended up in a bowing motion. He was so glad he took the time to look good.

"Ma'am, you have our word as shinobi, we will find your son. We would hardly be professionals if we couldn't. I do have a question though. Once we find him, what will you do?"

He picked himself up, looking ready to go, and awaiting his team.

Yuuki Mifune

Outside of the . . . little mishap with the pigeons, the rest of the trip to Koseki had been fairly uneventful. So many people complain that Kemuri is falling apart, and the Gennin couldn't exactly deny that Kemuri had fallen considerably after the war. But compared to Koseki it could have been called beautiful. What people remained in the village Yuuki called home were at least actually alive. Well . . . not that the ones he currently saw weren't living, breathing (How anyone could breathe whatever it was in the air was beyond him) beings.

But their eyes . . .

It didn't take the Ryugan to see how empty they were. Even moving to the upper levels, the faces didn't change. Was the mother going to be the same way once they arrived at her house? Yuuki wasn't so sure he wanted to find out. But, he had a mission to take care of and unless he felt like already getting into trouble he was going to take care of it.

Thankfully though, it seemed the mother was a little different from the others he'd seen so far. Sure, she may have still looked drained but it was obvious she was worried for her son. He quietly listened to her explain everything. "Don't worry, we'll be able to find him." He knew they would, but that didn't mean it would be easy.

Or that the kid was even alive still.

Kazou Yamamoto

the man stroked his chin thoughtfully, taking in all the information he could from the mother's words... "thugs below... i had heard that Koseki has been having a gang problem of recent, I am certain your son is fine, and we shall find him no matter what, and bring him home safe." his words were soft and gentle, reflected in his over all demeanor. she seemed to be a nice woman, looking at the home there doesn't seem to be any signs of a issue or fight...

However... from a quick look around the area... there seemed to be only one bed... And no father present... perhaps she is divorced? Has the son on some days while others are spent elsewhere? Or perhaps...

She wasn't the mother at all...?

...But why would she want the kid?

An interesting question...

Perhaps the child will spread some light on some of the discrepancies.

"Do you have anything to help us identify him? A name? Typical areas he went to. Any information you can give us will assist greatly in our search." he paused a moment to examine her, she seemed to be... standard... in every way really. So standard it seemed strange... but this was Koseki... Hmm....

His group is doing well enough, Ryo is still hiding that injury... the hair cut doesn't hide it fully... plus it really doesn't suit you.

Ayumu seems to be brimming with confidence.

And Yuuki... quiet as per usual, but attentive.

"a picture, will also work."

latest

The young mother looked on as the young shinobi each said their piece to comfort her... at least outside Ryu who didn't seem as enthused though it didn't seem like she either noticed or cared. The panicking woman took a deep breath trying to calm herself and act stoic as she did before. It wasn't hard to see the facade she was forced to put on concealing away her own panic. She nodded a bit looking to the Jonin.

"I... I really hope so... I just... I don't want anything to happen to him. I... I do my best but... I work so much and... and if I lose the job there isn't anyway I can afford to keep all of this... I'm fortunate to be given the deal I do have. Its at least nice up here and not so dangerous. I just want him home..." She spoke seeming a bit distraught. She quickly shuffled into the room coming back after a minute with a picture of her son.

a9a91e0c-30c0-4721-a433-f9626e0011ca_zpsv2zv9x8w.jpg

"Kaiden Weisner is his name. He.. he is a bit taller this was taken a little over a year ago. That's his favorite hat so he likely is wearing that. As far as where he is... I've not heard much of anything outside him being somewhere below in the... the underside." She spoke showing a great deal of unease mentioning it. She kept her hand lifted up roughly to show what height her son was loosely.

"He... he looks about the same in the picture though his hair was a bit longer, I haven't had a day off to take him to get a haircut yet. I... I really don't know anything more... I try really hard to watch him but... I'm busy at my work and... and I do my best as a mother I really do." She spoke seeming to tear up a bit. She lifted her hand up fighting back the tears. Her hand was left shaking as she regained her posture to some extent trying to keep herself calm.

Ayumu Susumu, Cruel Kindness

Ayumu turned towards the woman, coming back for the picture, it was important. Ayumu took a few minutes to analyze the picture. It wouldn't do to fail the mission for lack of information. Ayumu knew he had a ways to go to prove he was worthwhile. He did trust what he saw his teammates so far though, Ryu had proved himself competent, and he was sure Yuuki was the same. That just left him. Not there would be any doubt on that one.

There was something about the whole situation that almost bothered him though. While still looking over the picture, fairly close to the woman. He talked almost distracted, as if it was something obvious.

"I promise we'll bring him back, yes, but then what? Seems to me if he left home because he wanted to, he'll do the same thing again. In your situation, could you really afford ninja twice? I'm rather amazed you found the funds and time off to do it this once.

Hmm, oh well, just a little food for thought while we're gone."

Ayumu had enough of the photo, and turned back to the door. He'd spent far longer than just memorizing the photo. In the end, he'd decided the boy would look far cuter with an open jacket on. Maybe he could find a clothing store somewhere around here that sold kid's clothing after rescuing him.

latest

She looked uneasy towards Ayumu as she shook her head. "No.. Kaiden isn't a bad kid, he really isn't. If he got entangled at all... they had to of forced him or something. Please, he isn't the bad type of kid I know hes not purposely mixing himself into these things. It wasn't of his own will he left, there had to be some reason." She spoke seeming a bit distressed looking towards Ayumu who had turned his back to the door before shifting her glance to the others.

"I... I won't lie that he gets in trouble at times in his school... though he isn't the type to act in malice. He has gotten into trouble a few times protecting some other child from being picked on. He wouldn't go around willingly with thugs trying to steal or attack people. Please.. I... I don't know what could of happened... he...they..." She spoke as her eyes teared up as her words fumbled. She looked down rubbing her eyes upset as she paused in her talking.

"Just please, he means the world to me and I want him back safe. I... I don't know what they want with him but please believe me whatever it is he isn't doing so willingly or hes not doing it for bad reasons. I... I don't think they would go hurting kids but... but please... just... you have to bring him back." She softly repeated as it wasn't hard to see her demeanor had broken a bit due to what Ayumu said.

Yuuki Mifune

Yuuki quietly listened to the mother speak. It was obvious she was upset about the entire ordeal. But the entire thought that her job took so much precedence over her own family . . . the idea seemed entirely foreign to him. Sure, both of his parents were shinobi. They were away on long missions on more than one occasion. But if something were to happen to him . . . would they put their role above their family too . . .? Yuuki shifted ever so slightly, uncomfortable with the thought.

Trying to distract himself, he looked at the picture that was being shown to the group. His gaze worked to memorize what details he could. While he wasn't too sure just how much he'd be able to recall, the hat would likely be easy enough to remember. Though knowing my luck he won't have it.

Mismatched eyes snapped over to Ayumu as he spoke. Of all the . . . did he not care about the mission at all? Just what was up with this kid? Whether or not he believed it didn't matter, Ayumu should have kept such thoughts to himself. Yuuki may not have been on many missions but even he knew upsetting the client wasn't exactly a good idea.

embed.php

Ryu listened to everything the mother said, his expression unreadable. He knew that, as a shinobi, he couldn't let his own feelings interfere with the mission, and it was never a good idea to let the client see your feelings. That was perhaps the sole reason why Ayumu didn't find himself backhanded through a wall. Questioning the client like that was completely unprofessional, not to mention outright rude.. He glanced over at Yuuki, noticing the boy didn't seem to care much for Ayumu's attitude either. Not only that, but he seemed to be thinking of questioning the woman's working tendencies too, although at least Yuuki had the sense not to actually say it out loud.

Ryu had come to accept that he was much more mature than most of the genin. Unlike most of them, who got to grow up with their families, and only now had to experience the harsher aspects of the shinobi life, Ryu had been forced to grow up early. He already understood that not everyone had it easy, and some had to struggle just to make ends meet. He could completely understand the woman working so hard just to make a decent living for her and her son in a city like this. Hell, he was in a similar situation in Kemuri....

His eyes met the mother's as he finally spoke. "We will get him back. Of that, you can be assured. We should get started. Please excuse me." He bowed respectfully to the mother before turning on his heel to follow Ayumu out the door. He didn't say a word, waiting until they were both out the door, out of sight, and out of earshot before he brought his hand to pop Ayumu upside the head. "Our job isn't to question the client, our job is to accomplish the mission. Remember that next time you think of firing off your mouth" Ryu murmured icily. Generally, this whole trip Ryu had been rather friendly. He had even overlooked Ayumu ditching him to deal with the pigeons alone.

This, however, was finally crossing the line. Perhaps this mission just hit too close to home for him, or maybe Ayumu's self-centered antics had finally set him off... Whatever the reason, Ryu had finally had enough of Ayumu's crap. Thus far, Ayumu had been little more than a pain in the ass. If there was a weak link in this team, it was the fashion obsessed idiot Ayumu...

Ayumu Susumu

Ayumu didn't even try to dodge the the hand. He hardly even looked pissed as he explained himself, his smug attitude did show spots of annoyance.

"Our job, as shinobi, is to protect these people. 31,000 Ryo, apparently pocket change to you. I didn't know you could be so cruel, oh my. Well, I trust you in a mission, you look competent, especially how you dealt with those birds, but I'd love you to think it through before you write me off. By the way, I passed the first time, and I can't use ninjutsu, why I asked you to make a clone, genjutsu doesn't work on small animals."

He was frustrated enough he didn't even care about his little 'secret' about ninjutsu. It would come out sooner or later. He turned to Yuuki.

"Quiet one, would you like the chance to slap me too? I'm feeling generous. I'm going to deal with this mission, and give that woman a happy ending. If slapping me makes everyone feel happier, go right ahead. I'm a ninja, not a therapist, the mission, and those we do it for is all that matters in the end."

Ayumu sighed, turning to a quiet simmer. Find the boy, find the boy.

Kazou Yamamoto

"Thank you for your time, we shall begin our search at once." Kazou curtly finished with the woman and stood up to leave. "The children don't know the world to well yet, and do not know different customs.. and how simply how different places work. I appologise for any hardship their words may have caused, but do pay some thought on to why your son had left,ask him when he returns... and be ready to accept change if needed... Be strong, we shall be back soon." and with that, the man left the woman to herself, closing the door behind him so that he may... witness his students already bickering.

Naturally, Ayumu did walk a small line there, pity he did not put it in a softer way... SHE WAS paying their checks at the end of the day. Regardless, it was time to plan their first move.

"We have our mission, the description of the child, and possible whereabouts..." he stated as he began to take out a small note pad and began scribbling upon it, withdrawing a rather... surprisingly accurate sketch of the young man they saw earlier. "As ninja we are to return her son to her at any costs, be careful as he might be wrapped into something larger then you'd think, the world underneath this industrious city if rife with those who would not hesitate to capture or... end your careers early." he frowned at the thought, but kept a stiff lip.

"I shall be providing support, but it is up to you to conduct this mission, this is by no means an easy one, but a diplomatic approach may be just the way to go about this, if you have any questions or last minute instructions you wish to hear, say it soon... here." he produced three maps of the city with a X placed upon it in front of a small cafe with the small writing next to it that said "meeting point" (hey, hes a jonin, guy is allowed to get his fix). A triangle was placed on several known areas of recent thievery and squares to indicate gang activity, with a check upon the squares with children involved.

"I did some research before hand, these are some important places, typically targeting general stores or simply food vendors, along with several pick pockets, typical theivery used by those who are still children of simply hungry, it may be possible to bribe information out of those you find... but do take care to guard your words carefully..." he warned finally after explaining the maps.

"Do you understand? I shall accompany you all for a time... If you encounter any people who seem to be in a gang, report to me and do not engage, while not many are trained... but it doesn't take much training to club you with a pipe. now, let us go, lead the way, i shall follow."

The single mother nodded her head in response to Kazou, seeming to struggle to keep some composure. She wiped away at her eyes watching Kazou leave her behind closing the door. The young mother quickly shuffled off to fix herself back up. As much distress as the situation brought to her, she had to leave to work. Even if 'he' was giving her support, she knew she was on thin ice. The last thing she wanted to do was fall through and make her son's life harder.

The Genin started their investigation just as Kazou had laid out for them. It wasn't hard to see being in the lower levels of the slums how much more shady things appeared. More people lingered behind in the lower sections, all seeming to keep their eyes on the young Genin. The merchants and store owners appeared tougher and tougher into the 'bad' parts of the slums all seeming quite well in shape with their weaponry being shown off as a threat to any potential thieves. Grime lingered on the floors and walls that looked practically embedded into them from lacking any form of care in so many years. Homes were practically barricaded often having several locks on the door done in a makeshift fashion to keep things locked up while they worked in the factories.​

tumblr_n5ap7qyUP01tso9a2o1_500.jpg

A young girl ventured up to the group slowly. Her eyes fixating up sweetly at the group. SHe seemed a little bit shy, blushing a bit nervously particularly seeming to look briefly to Ryunosuke with her cheeks reddening a little more. The girl's hair was left up in two pony tails on each side. Her jacket was much to large for her and quite dated, showing some wear as it was a hand me down. A small thin scarf rested around her neck. Her thin shirt and hole ridden faded black pants accompanying her worn down shoes a bit to large for herself.

"H... hi... w... d... do you have... spare change?"
She spoke lifting up a small cup. It was left empty and bare as she waved it up in front of the group of much better off looking shinobi. She looked to be rather timid staring at them not seeming to notice Kazou trailing behind a bit.

Yuuki Mifune

Yuuki turned to follow the rest of his team outside, noticing Ryu smack Ayumu upside the head. It wasn't like he didn't deserve something like that after what he said. The Gennin couldn't help but frown at their white haired teammate. 'Quiet one'? Is that what he's going to start calling me now? Yuuki shook his head at the question, "No I'm not going to hit you . . . that can wait until we actually get to spar. What you said may have been true, but she is the one paying us here. I don't think upsetting the client is really the best way to go about our first mission..."

His mismatched gaze hardened into a much harsher look, "We are supposed to be working together here, so can we not start bringing up academy records and the such?" He figured that was a sore spot for Ryu and the already injured Gennin seemed to be running on a very short fuse today . . .

Looking at the map Kazuo showed them, Yuuki quietly studied it. So many places to check, none of them even guaranteed to lead to where the kid was hiding out. Shame none of them had a ninken, otherwise they could have just tracked him down through scent alone and wouldn't have to worry about trying to get information out of anyone. Yuuki looked at the girl that slowly approached them, why were so many in this city in this kind of situation? It didn't make any sense.

embed.php

Ryu frowned, his eyes narrowing as Ayumu felt the need to bring up that he graduated the Academy on the first try. Of course, it would do Ryu no good to tell the asshole that he had failed intentionally because he wanted to improve his skill in Taijutsu. He didn't say a word, but the ice in his glare showed that Ayumu had crossed a line. He simply turned and started walking, not caring to look and see if the others followed.

Not long after, a young girl walked up to the group. Ryu, ever observant, noticed she seemed to look at him a little longer than the others. He couldn't help but feel at least a little connected to the beggar girl. After all, he was in much the same state as she was. However, he was on a mission, and he couldn't let his own emotions interfere with him completing the objective. He just hoped Yuuki and Ayumu had enough sense to watch his back in case there was a trap. And by 'Yuuki and Ayumu' he mostly meant Yuuki. Ayumu, as far as Ryu was concerned, was just dragging everyone down. He was a self-centered pretty boy that had no clue how to handle himself. As of yet, all Ayumu had done was leave a comrade behind without a clear plan, and run his mouth to the client. One more strike against him and Ryu may just drown the idiot.

In a careful bit of tact, rather than answering the girl's question right away, he asked a question of his own. All of the pent up hostility towards Ayumu vanished in an instant as he addressed the girl. "Are you out here all by yourself?" He asked softly, his kind gaze watching the girl. The point wasn't necessarily to get information right away, the point was to get her comfortable and get her talking. Getting information out of her would come naturally once the previous two tasks were completed. He had to keep his emotions in check, despite how much he had in common with the girl..

Ayumu Susumu

Ayumu's sulkiness was cured at Yuuki's reaction, as a sly grin appeared on his face. Ryu's ice was met with only a gleeful smirk, suddenly a knowing smirk.

"Oh my, I knew nothing about anyone else's grades. Why, I didn't know, I was simply saying that
I have some skill, no matter what you may think of me. That is an unfortunate slip of tongue on my part. Well, I suppose now you know something about me, and I know something about you, bonding is such a special experience."

While he didn't actually know, his smirk betrayed any sense of regret he might have expressed. Generally in class, Ayumu minded himself, as he didn't like most of his classmates, how he didn't even know Ryu's or Yuuki's name at the beginning.The being laughed at for lack of ninjutsu only made him make sure the rest of his grades were high, and he inturn could laugh back. And he did. His determination was to be a ninja, and exceed everyone's expectations, he'd given up even trying to make friends a long time ago. As long as he could trust them enough that they wouldn't drag him down, that's all he could ask for.

The girl approaching cut out his jackassery however... well, at least at his teammates. He looked at the girl, not even boasting a modestly fashionable attire. This place was disgusting.

Ayumu walked slowly towards the child, with a rather stone face. He didn't even glance at Ryu. He could trust him, that's all he needed. He placed his hand over the cup, his sleeve covering it. He, unlike Ryu, didn't stoop down to the girl, and was only there in passing.

"Can no one afford anything decent down here? The cup's not even clean."

With that, he turned away from the child without explaining himself. Soundlessly, the cup had a few coins in it, all of them moderately high in value. Ayumu's sleight of hand was enough it was unlikely anyone would catch it unless they went to put coin in there themselves, certainly not the girl, and likely neither of his teammates, and that was more or less how he wanted it.

He somehow thought despite his teammates' talk, there was very little actual action behind it. So what was the point if they acted nice to each other? Seemed rather worthless to Ayumu. He walked away for the pleeb to do his thing.

Yuuki Mifune

Yuuki rubbed the bridge of his nose as Ayumu continued on. Oh wouldn't it be nice to just knock the smirk off the jackass's face. No, no . . . they were supposed to be a team. All getting at each other's throats was going to accomplish was them failing the mission. So really, it was in their best interest to at least try and play nice. But damn if Ayumu wasn't on a mission to make that difficult for everyone.

And you're just going to go and insult the little kid stuck begging on the side of the road . . . Of course you are. Yep, definitely making it difficult.

At least Ryu seemed to be reacting a little better towards the girl as he knelt in front of her to talk. Yuuki's gaze shifted through the worn down city. The whole just felt off to him for some reason. His eye fell on Kazuo for a moment, trying to get a feel for what the Jounin thought of this place. Was it just him that wasn't feeling right about this? It's not like he really had all that much experience to go by. Nonetheless, the Gennin's left hand continued to rest on the hilt of his sword.

She looked over hearing Ryu speak nodding her head in an exaggerated manor causing her hair to bounce in response. She didn't seem all that much wanting to speak at first as her lips kept shut not uttering a single word in response. She gripped her cup keeping it held in front of her. She kept a rather timid look seeming uncertain about the Genin. Her eyes lingered briefly between them all.

She noticed as Ayumu came close, glancing down briefly seeming to shift a bit in response.Her eyes lingered to his hand looking upon it curiously as a smile was on her lips before he even pulled back his hand. She looked up nodding her head smiling brightly. "Th... th... thank you mister! I... I appreciate it lots and lots!" She commented in a light happy voice giving the cup a light shake.

Ayumu Susumu

Ayumu's graceful walk was stopped cold by the girl thanking him, and he paused as if he'd been shot. He was really hoping no one would notice, he didn't need anyone thinking he was a goody-two shoes. His turn cold expression however turned as he thought of a way to turn it around. He turned around, with his normal friendly smirk.

"Don't thank me, that's a gift from the 3 of us. Thank Ryu there, he contributed the most. We just couldn't watch a little girl starve, now could we? "

With the blame off of him, at least from the girl, he turned again to walk towards Yuuki. Ryu could handle it, he seemed to want to, sitting infront of the girl. Standing by Yuuki, he merely watched to see how things would pan out.

Still, something didn't sit right with him. He wasn't overtly nice to the girl, why would she assume he would put anything in that cup? He could only shake his head.

@One Mean Ghost @KageYuuki

embed.php

Well... it seemed Ayumu wasn't a complete asshole.... Despite everything he said, it showed there was a heart somewhere under all that frilly clothing... Of course, that didn't NEARLY begin to excuse all of the shit Ayumu had done up to this point, but it was at least a step in the right direction.

"Do you live around here?" Ryu asked kindly as he watched the girl. Now, it would likely seem he was just asking random questions to make small talk, but there was a method to his madness. Many often underestimated how much information that could be gleaned from children. Truth be told, children saw much, and were often far more likely to tell the truth than their adult counterparts. The first step, of course, was gaining the child's trust, something Ayumu helped out with likely without even intending to.

That little gesture from the otherwise biggest asshole on the team may have saved Ryu quite a lot of time.

Now he just had to get the girl talking along the lines he needed in order to gather information... With luck, she could point them in the right direction.

The girl blinked hearing Ayumu's voice giving a light nod in response. Her eyes shifted over to Ryu giving him a brief look over before glancing at his eyes. She nodded lightly in response seeming to use it as a response back at first. Her eyes darted to Yuuki looking him over tapping her chin lightly. Her eyes shifted back looking towards Ryu once more seeming to find words to use.

"Yes... near... I... I really should go though. Thank you sirs for helping me out." She spoke with a bright smile on her lips. She shuffled a bit forward moving quite close to Ryu. Her body brushing briefly against him as if stumbling a bit. She fumbled slightly shaking her head out a little bit as if having been a bit off balance.

"S..s..sorry th... thanks again." She softly spoke up a few feet away. She shyly waved her hand before scurrying off at a brisk walking pace heading away from the group as if in some sort of hurry gripping into her cup that no longer had coin in it.

embed.php

Ryu chuckled softly as he stood up, watching the girl scurry away. "Well, gentlemen, and I use that term lightly.... We have a lead. That girl's one of the child thieves in this town." He remarked casually as he patted his pocket, feeling the familiar weight of his coin purse missing from its place. "I'll tail her and see if I can find out some more and get my bottlecap collection back. My Genjutsu will keep her from even knowing I am there. You two can either pursue other leads, or follow. I'll leave a trail for you two to follow if that is your choice, so stay safely out of sight" He remarked reaching into a pocket and pulling out a piece of red chalk.

"Just keep going in the opposite direction of the arrows, and erase them as you pass them. We don't want anyone else following our trail." he remarked. It would be poor form if he left an easy trail to follow. So he would leave arrows pointing in the opposite direction than the girl had gone. If anyone did happen upon the trail, it would point them all in the wrong directions. It was a simple solution, but an effective one.

With that, he held up his hand over his face, and his body faded out of sight until he was gone. Up ahead, fairly high up on one wall, a red arrow appeared, pointing back to them so they'd know what sign to look for. Now it was up to them if they chose to pursue this lead with him, or sought their own leads.

Ryu found it fairly easy to keep up with the girl. He moved along the walls, leaving arrows every time the girl changed direction, but making sure they were placed so that if she turned around she wouldn't see them. The last thing Ryu needed was for the girl to figure him out.

He was much like her shadow, his mask pulled up over his face to conceal his breathing as his genjutsu hid him from sight. The ambient noise of the city hid any other noise he could have possibly made. He wondered just where this girl would lead him. A part of him hoped that his teammates would follow. After all, he could be walking into more than he could handle, but at the same time, this team didn't exactly have a leader with Kazou serving as an observer, and perhaps the worst thing he could do is immediately start barking orders. No, he gave them the option. Hopefully they'd follow. If not... well... He just had to hope for the best and trust in his abilities. He was rather certain Yuuki would follow the trail. Ayumu was the one he wasn't quite sure of.

Many would wonder why any shinobi, even a genin, would keep a collection of bottlecaps in his coin purse. Ryu had a simple reason. He didn't want people to realize just how poor he was. The bottle caps created the illusion that he had more money than he did. Although the pouch appeared fairly full, there was hardly enough actual money to pay for a single meal. Hell, she had gotten more legitimately from Ayumu than she had stolen from Ryu.

Just where would this girl lead him?

Users who are viewing this thread