• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Almitra

Warrior-poet
Your character: A well-born captive of a conquered (or raided) kingdom, YC is taken far from (his? her? its?) homeland to a domain with a reputation for brutality, decadence, and sorcery. YC is gifted to a young courtier in favor with the prince of that land. Your story is up to you.

My character: The courtier to whom you are gifted. He is not at all what he appears to be, and will prove an ally. Think "gritty paladin" meets "Aladdin."

The plot: Intrigue, rebellion, some co-world-building, angst, redemption, betrayal, humor, action.

There's room for more than one character here, so if you're interested in playing multiples, or in playing a villain later on in the story, also awesome!

I'd also love to adapt this theme to a modern, post-apocalypse, or even space setting. In this universe, were-panthers (humans that can shift at will into large cats) are a thing. YC doesn't necessarily have to be human.

About me:
I'm a woman in my early thirties with some newfound free time and a yen for role-playing, which I stopped roughly 10 years ago after some 6 years of experience in chats and forums. I'm literate and descriptive, though prone to use too many commas and bound to be somewhat rusty. I usually write 2-3 paragraphs a post in chat-based and strive to make that my minimum for lag-time formats. I'm open to using whatever format/s will work best for us, though partial to Box or Docs if we go off-site.

Among other reasons, I role play for the word-craft, the drama, and to explore different experiences. I want to dedicate myself to writing a story that's worth it, with someone who also enjoys the process. I don't tend to be chatty OOC but don't mind if you do and have made a few friends that way (and probably will be more chatty if you are). I also don't tend to plan out plots much, just play off each other and communicate as ideas come up. I don't use character sheets (though am not opposed).

A few more things:

- I'll usually be able to reply every day or so, sometimes more frequently and once in a while less. I'll try to warn you, but also know that we both know that we're both grown-ups with lives.
- I'd prefer to RP with someone 21+, but won't rule you out as a skilled writer if you're not. I'd just need to know that you're not, and will not do romance or SLs with certain themes with anyone under 21. Please be honest about your age. You'll understand when you're old!
- I usually get enough "relationship stuff" from my IRL relationship! Romance can be a spice in this story, but it's not the main flavor. LGBTA+ characters are A-okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back