• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spellbound

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
While she might have normally been sweet and kind, there was something about feeling your body trying to shred itself from the inside out that made her slightly irritable. His gentle offer in that moment felt more like an attack, particularly because she was pretty sure that she could handle a menstrual cycle better than a teenage girl, or so she wanted to be able to tell herself. Currently she was more focused on the fact that he seemed to understand just what was happening when she was trying to keep it to herself.

"Yeah, maybe," she nodded quietly, wrapping her arms about her torso. She could probably just ignore it all until they left to go home and she dealt with it normal ways that didn't involve having to snap at the man who wanted to marry her's head. Smiling at Granya, she nodded toward the table. "Big plans on your scrapbooking?"

The offer on the table, Theo felt better about it all. Without having any knowledge of her cycle or how her period worked, Theo was at a full disadvantage. On the face of it he assumed she had all her gear together and that the only thing for her to worry about was that she let slip her situation. Who knows how long she’s been on her Red Moon.

Granya plopped the box of photos on the table top. The box must have weighed at least fifty pounds, but she hardly broke a breath. “Big plans!” Granya nodded.

Theo took another cautionary step by offering some chocolate to Willow. There were two options. She chose milk. Another detail to keep in mind. Granya sighed in longing at the confectionary bricks as Theo put them away. All she could do was sniff the air.

Then Granya looked over at Willow, “You oka--” She stopped, realization dawning on her. Among the clues were the way Willow stood, the chocolate-- a thing Granya knew most women benefited from during the Time of the Red Devil.

Wordlessly, Granya urged Willow to follow her while leaving Theo to watch them go. He did not hear any exchange. Only that the girls made their way towards the end of the hall and to the left. Granya opened the bathroom door and opened the drawer of the cabinet above the toilet. Willow saw an assortment of menstruation supplies. There were even rolled up, fresh underwear in individual plastic packages.

Granya stuck her hand in and pulled out a roller bottle of oils and herbs. “Тетя Natalia makes this for us. You roll it on your belly, over your cramping muscles.” She handed that to Willow. Then she took out a single undie roll. “You are probably my size.”

The chocolate was well received, and she tried to keep in mind just how she was acting. After all, it wasn't poor Theo's fault, he was just a bystander who might be teetering to victim if the wrong questions were asked. Tucking the foil wrapper in her mouth while the sweet square melted in her mouth, she exhaled slowly, letting it distract her. It almost worked until Granya started to question her. Why was that always the question people would ask? Absolutely nothing was right but as a woman she was expected to smile, nod and pretend it was fine.

Thankfully she stopped mid-question as that bond between sisters forged by the moon reflected in understanding. She didn't object to Granya leading her through the house, following quietly, ready to ask about using the bathroom when they were out of earshot. She was grateful that the bathroom was in fact where they were headed. For being the only female in the house it was clear they were more prepared than she was.

"You are such a life saver," she said with a meek grin, accepting the bottle and package."I know just how good Natalia is, so I won't question you. Good thing you have such a wonderful aunt." Pausing for a moment, she thought it might be a good idea to try and connect with her, without prying Uncle eyes. "I'm sure it can't be easy living with a couple of guys and no doubt Natalia and Amalia both help you, but if there's anything you need that you don't want to talk to your uncle about and your aunts aren't around, you can always count on me, Granya."

Whether this was the emotions bubbling up from the period, or Willow always meant to say so during the visit, Granya didn’t know, but she quirked a shy smile and nodded, “Da.” It was as much of a touchy-feely moment as she could give in the bathroom when her uncle’s lover was bleeding. But in that moment Granya had to admit. Willow wasn’t just some relatives paramore now. She was a friend. And her efforts to reach out weren’t lost on her either. Considering all of this Granya felt touched.

“Thank you, Willow. You’re a good friend.” Granya said. Upon seeing Willows chocolate eyes become glossy she slipped out a tissue from the complimentary bathroom box and handed it to her. “Here.” She said gently, “I’ll leave you to it.”

Granya left Willow to freshen up. When she walked out Theo was already looking over photos. There were some laid out that he forgot about, some he relived, and Granya noticed some were being tucked into a black envelope.

Theo looked up. “Everything ok?”

“Why you ask like that?” Granya snorted. “Everything is okay.”

“I just wanted to know if she’s alright.”

“She’s alright.” Granya rolled her eyes.

“Alight, alright, no bite.” Theo chuckled, slipping another photo into that envelope.

“What’s in there?” She asked, sitting down to get to work.

“Scotland.” Theo frowned lightly. “I thought you might not want them out.”

Silently Granya nodded. No, that time traveling would be fully ignored. But she couldn’t quite throw them out. Maybe she would later.

It was a simple moment, but that didn't mean it wasn't going to touch her. If this happened three other weeks per month she probably could have accepted the compliment with a more stoic approach, the surge of hormones meant she was going to tear up. But just a little. She accepted the tissue before she was given her privacy, the door closing as she wondered how she had ever gotten to be so lucky to have this family stumble into her life.

A quick check reassured her that she wouldn't be needing to borrow any undergarments, just the faintest pink of the female curse showing. Too wise to be fooled into thinking that meant she'd be safe until she was home, she took precautionary measures before turning to the bottle of oil. Removing the lid, a small sniff didn't tell her much, but she wasn't going to question it. Natalia had the hands of a miracle worker, no doubt. Rubbing the plastic ball along her stomach, just above her pelvic bone, she was somehow not surprised to feel it seep into her skin. It felt like she had spent a half hour soaking in a bathtub until the water went cold and she breathed a sigh of relief. "Bless that woman," she breathed, restoring the bathroom to it's previous state before venturing back toward the living space once more.

A much more pleasant Willow appeared, even smiling as she had before this had all commenced. Coming to stand beside Theo, she gave him an apologetic look. "Thank you for the chocolate." Appreciation was still appreciation, even if delayed. "How's the photo hunt going?"

Theo smiled and rubbed her back with his right hand. He meant to say he was glad she felt better, but to be honest, he wasn’t sure just how much and well, better not to speak words in relation to Aunt Flo while she’s visiting. So he settled for a soft kiss to her forehead and kept his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

Granya answered the question, “It is good.” She said, laying out some possible choices.

A picture of two-year old Granya in the arms of her mother standing with her father was at the front of the line. The woman’s dark hair peeked out from the shawl covering. She had light blue eyes and pouty lips. A decorative strand of feathers and beads were braided in her hair. The man, dressed in the same trench coat Granya wore now, had the lighter honey brown hair and a touch of hazel in his eyes. They were a handsome couple. There were a few pictures of them in Russia. Many of the faces Willow had seen from the family of the pub.

Next was Germany. Granya, age five, with only her mother, in the black forests. None of these pictures featured the father. Their faces had become weary compared to the last set. But some were sweeter. Little Granya wearing the oversized trench coat ate a sandwich too big for her small hands.

France followed, with them seeing various monuments and museums, parks and the famous La Seine. One photo pictured Granya adding a bead to her mother’s accessory. The only one who looked worn down in those pictures was Amalia. Even Bear looked younger, larger, and his fur more lucious. Six year old Granya practically riding his back. Her mother laughed to see it in the background.

Then the age jumped a picture of Granya just blowing out eight candles in a cottage in Ireland. These were much more solemn, but the love of family still touched each photo. Granya sat alone on a high rock. The fog encircled her like it had done so on purpose. She wore the trench coat and the feathered beads in her hair. Some photos showed Micha and Granya wrestling with Bear in the grass as emerald as her eyes. Willow saw the picture of Finn as a young bird in the boughs of the half burnt cottage.

The last set of photos were of them on the ship to America. Theo just turned twenty-five on December thirteenth. The whole family gathered to sing around him with his cupcake on his lap. A crewmember took the shot. Everyone Willow personally met captured within the image.

They spent time picking out stickers and little cute 3D items to paste in, such as one of Finn’s feathers for when they found him. Only three pages were officially done by the time Molly and Willow were heading home. Granya gave Willow a hug goodbye. Theo, of course, walked them to the car with their stuff and gave Willow a parting kiss.

On the way to drop Willow off at her apartment, Molly recounted what she found in Micha’s hunting lodge and Willow shared what had happened with her period. Molly, hearing that, pulled out a ‘Willow’s Red Tide’ kit and pushed milk chocolate at her. “I offer my sacrifice to satan.” She joked, but quickly swallowed that tease when it seemed it didn’t hit the right spot.

The following week, aside from what discomfort Willow felt from her period, went pretty well. Granya even dropped by with Natalia during a work week and not just for Friday. Both to say hello to the family and to give Willow her own roller for cramps. Theo grinned and bared the situation with Willow’s ‘time’ and learned more about how to handle it. This wouldn’t be the last time!

Finally Friday came around. The dinner for the staff was laid out and the bell rang to indicate that the customers would have to wait for more help until after the staff had their meal and were relaxed. And of course, it was only drinks available now.

Molly came up to Micha and told him they needed his help to bring a special something to the stage from her car. To make it all dramatic, Molly insisted Willow pretend she wasn’t planning on anything. So that Molly could have them close the curtain, sneak in Willow and the cello, and distract Theo so Willow could make a grand performance.

Theo wasn’t difficult to distract. He happily looked at Molly, when she returned from a long bathroom break, to listen to her ramble. Then suddenly the lights dimmed, as she looked past Theo with a grin and a wink. Everything seemed to work out! Theo turned and gasped to see Willow on stage, and with her cello!

“Oh.” Theo stood, enchanted just by this alone.

It had been a beautiful experience to see the different photos of the family as they traveled the world. Willow gained a peak into their lives, seeing new faces and then watching as they vanished. She didn't need to ask about the missing faces, the clues all to evident as little Granya aged. Her heart ached, but it seemed like she could hold steady enough this time to keep a straight face while they were still visiting. Perhaps that'd be a world she'd learn more about as time progressed, but it wasn't a door she'd be forcing open by any means.

The week went by in a flash and was undoubtedly the easiest encounter of satan's waterfall after gaining an extra helping hand from Natalia no doubt at Granya's request. There were also a number of milk chocolates showing up around the place that she didn't question, quietly enjoying.

Friday, October 13th
The effort of loading up the cello in a hurry that morning seemed to be worth it when everything was finally in place. Butterflies were fluttering about as a touch of nerves hit her, although they quelled quickly when she assumed position to play in, legs on either side of the lower bout. She'd gone back and forth about her song choice and after failing to find any sheet music for a Russian song. Instead, she'd chosen a piece she felt was rather timeless and hoped it was going to be impressive.

The lights were on her and she flashed the audience a smile, waving with her right hand, bow and all. "Vecher," she called out, greeted by a murmured chorus in return. "This song is for my krasavchik, but you can all enjoy." She gave a final look over at Theo before she began playing. Her fingers started plucking at the strings in a flowing melody before her hand slid into position on the bow and she was carefully drawing it across as she performed a somber rendition of Hallelujah. Her body swayed slightly as she played, eyes closed as she felt the music moving her.

When it came to an end, there was a brief moment of silence after the last string faded and Willow brought her bow to the side before the pub's approval sounded. Heart racing after such a long time of not playing, she slipped out of her chair, giving a modest bow. As much as she was glad they seemed to have liked it, there was one person in particular whose reaction she was interested in.

Those strings thrummed in Theo’s heart. Like Willow had reached in and plucked his heart. The light shed over her, highlighting her, truly stole his attention and his breath. When the last hum of the cords faded Theo stood up from his chair and clapped without restraint. Curtains framed Willow as if she were a living painting. For a moment she seemed like an artwork just out of reach. But that wasn’t true at all. The realization that she was indeed a tangible, touchable person came flooding his mind.

Theo strode up to the stage and gave Willow a kiss with all the affection and admiration he could show in a span of a moment. This invoked another kind of cheer from the crowd. Theo broke the kiss and flared his hands out, as if showcasing that artwork to them all and taking delight in knowing this one was his.

“Da, Willow, the Beautiful Cellist!” Theo called out to the people.

At some point Theo spared her the spot light literally being shone onto her and helped her place the cello down someplace safe while he brought her to the table. People leaned and praised her playing, old dedushka’s offered marriage, and babushka’s pinched Theo’s cheek and told him to keep this one!

Willow made it back to the table without being married off to old Russians and Theo made it clear he had every intention of keeping her by his tone and his arm around her waist. The spot light didn’t quite leave when Willow sat down.

Theo beamed, "She is wonderful, Da?"

Amalia, smoking a thin cigar, said, “Best rendition so far.”

“Oh you have to hear her playing ‘Now We Are Free’ from Gladiator. It makes me cry sometimes.” Molly sighed wistfully.

Willow had been beaming ear to ear even before Theo joined her on stage for a more scandalous encore of sorts. Her cheeks were flushed as he pulled away, but she wouldn't have had it any other way. He supported her and she felt as if she could face the world if only he was by her side.

The cello was carefully set near the backdoor where it wouldn't be bumped into or tripped on. It pleased her to see how much everyone seemed to be enjoying it, thanking the frequent patrons for their support and shooing off a few of the more eager ones, unaware that each time the topic of marriage was brought up her eyes were drawn to Theo. The pub had truly began to feel like a home of sorts.

Still glowing with pride as they were back at their table, she brushed off Molly's comment, shaking her head. "It's just a hobby, but I enjoy it," she said as modestly as she could manage. "That and I thought it might be a nice surprise for a certain someone." Her chocolate eyes shifted to Theo at her side, filled with absolute wonder.

“Ah, Красивый, you did surprise me.” Theo pressed a hand to his heart. “And I love it.”

Natalia wiped her mouth clean, “I’m honestly surprised you landed up here, with that talent. I’d have sworn you’d be in some orchestra. Or even just touring yourself.”

“You the best, I think. If you did.” Lyov offered his opinion.

Granya smiled, tucked by Theo’s side, near Willow, “That was great. So pretty.” Finn caw’d in approval. “I just sing.”

“Shchenok, that is still good.” Amalia said.

“Yes, why don’t you sing ‘When We Were At War’, Shchenok?” Natalia suggested.

They had to urge her, but eventually Granya agreed. But only if they sang her favorite lullaby afterwards. Granya slinked onto the stage, shrinking as she went. The girl almost turned back when she got onto the chair. Perhaps she had some courage having seen Willow do it. And when she looked at Willow she felt some strength return.

By the last verse, Granya had become more anxious and ran down the steps as she sang the last few words. The girl hid in a hurry between her aunts. Natalia enfolded Granya in her arms and walked with her back to the stage where they, as promised, sang the lullaby Granya liked to hum to herself.

This time Granya did not run. She had her aunts on both sides to cover her on the way back to the table. Theo urged her over. Granya slipped around the table to his side. Finn landed on her shoulder for comfort.

“Good job, Shchenock.” Theo ruffled her curls with his free right hand. The other had not moved from around Willow’s waist.

Granya leaned forward and rested her chin on her folded arms, peeking out shyly at Willow. "Maybe sometime you show me some cello?"

Their words only served to leave her cheeks flushed even deeper. She showed her appreciation for their encouragement, but stood by it being only a hobby. Her discipline wasn't embedded well enough to be the next Yo-Yo Ma or anything like that. She'd performed for a few concerts and even a family function once, but didn't feel it to be something she could thrive in.

Leaning into Theo, she watched as they were treated to the two songs, her smile growing as Granya sang and giving her a joyous cry for a job well done. The poor girl was unbelievably shy, but Willow was certain they could help build her up and out of that shell. After Natalia and Amalia joined her for their lullaby, she gave a proud round of applause, joining Theo in praising her.

"It was beautiful," she agreed before her question was posed. "Oh, if you'd like to, of course. Now I can't promise that I'll be any good of a teacher, but if you want to learn I'll learn to teach for you."

“I know, you’ll be wonderful teacher.” Granya said, her cheeks pinked and she tucked under Theo’s arm. It was harder to speak so freely in public. “Can you come around for more crafts too?”

Willow was glad to see that Granya had more faith in her abilities than she did. If she would give her that reassurance, she'd be happy to at the very least try. "If your grandpa and uncle are fine with it, of course. Just let me know when you'd like to, Shchenok."

There was no resistance. Theo nodded, “Of course.”

Granya brightened, “I love it. Thank you.” She looked to Theo. “How about Saturday mornings? Maybe Willow can come by? Or Sunday afternoon?”

“We will figure that out, I promise.” He laughed.

The rest of the night was generally typical. At one point Molly told them someone was demanding apple strudel with their drinks. Amalia had been eager to handle it herself. She almost looked hopeful. But, over the crowd, they hear Amalia’s sharp tone and the crowd murmuring in surprise. She returned to the table a little miffed. As Amalia put it, some fool woman argued they had to serve her dessert with her drinks. So she threw her out. But that was the most exciting thing to happen of the night. That, and Bandit almost got away with stowing in Willow's purse again!

Their routine fell in step. It felt like everyday became that much more a part of life rather than a wayward stop until the next job. Molly began to put a little wax on her forehead between her brows to make sure those hairs would be concealed until the time was ripe. Theo made it a tradition to take Willow out every Sunday afternoon. So far they visited the aquarium and had coffee in a pretty cafe after work. They weren’t all going to be as elaborate as their first, but he enjoyed them with her nonetheless. Then they spent the rest of those evenings crafting with Granya. Theo would do his best to keep to this schedule too, knowing that his career as a pediatrician might mean Sunday’s working.

Theo’s work began on October twenty-fifth. Already the job had taken a toll on his heart. Doctors were seeing a mysterious illness claiming the lives of children. Not many. One or two. But it still concerned them. Theo mentioned his colleagues mentioned around the hospital, and he told his family about it at dinner on the night of his first day. They didn’t know how he was otherwise, because Theo decided unless it was an emergency, he asked them not to text or call him. But of course, once the clock for work stopped, of if he was ‘off’ but ‘on-call’ he could text and call.

All Theo could think about was the little lives he could save. He had met a little girl in the waiting room on his first day. It was just her at the time, sitting on the couch. Her mother had gone to the bathroom when the complimentary treat didn’t sit well with her. Theo learned her name was Melody. She liked little tea cups. Before they got to really talk one of the old nurses ushered her away and Theo said his goodbye before heading off to his work.

As determined as Theo was to heal and watch over these tiny lives, he learned Melody had gotten ill by the next day. She was brought in to see him, in fact. The girl had a pallid complexion, a strange porous texture to her skin, and it looked like her veins were plump and discolored. The Melody of his first day had gone from bright eyed to sorrowful orbs of pain and confusion. Theo had meant to give the ceramic tea set kit to Granya, for the upcoming Moon-Fishing on the second of November. But he decided to give it to Melody. If only to see those eyes light up. Theo did his best to comfort her through the tests they needed and had her admitted to the hospital. It was a strange disease no one could figure out. Theo stayed a little longer to play tea party with her. He told the family about little Melody. And they hoped for the best.

Come October twenty-eighth and Theo came rushing into Melody’s room and found two nurses trying to revive her. Theo jumped in, taking readings, administering medicine, all to fall defeated at the flatline. Melody’s tiny fingers held the cup and saucer he had given her. That night Theo had to call the family. They came, wailing and sobbing. All Theo could do is be there for them in their grief. He answered all the questions he could. He listened to them get angry at him, at the hospital, at the world. Then he handled the issue of arranging for the morgue.

Weary, Theo saw the time and knew he missed dinner. More than that, it was almost one in the morning. He was too exhausted to think or to speak. Theo drove home with a heavy heart. Thankfully he had Sunday off. Technically he was on-call, but he couldn’t bring himself to go to the pub. He got a text or two. He heard them from where he lay. But by the time he got it out it had died. Theo’s pager on his belt meant he didn’t need his phone to be called in to work. So Theo put his phone on the charger and fell into a restless sleep.

Sunday October 29th

Grandpa Lyov was picked up by Jovan for his doctor's appointment in the afternoon. This was just in case Theo might be called in while out with Lyov. Granya had gone to Natalia’s work that day, to get their pets a check-up and some medicine for Shale. Then they were going to get ice cream. Natalia was going to come by afterward and drop them all off.

So Theo lay, weary in his soul, and in need of something, someone-- Theo thought of Willow. And somehow it just made sense. Within Willow was his comfort. Within her, he found his peace. Theo could no more deny her, then she could deny him. While they had been in the early stages of their relationship, he wondered if it would be too much to ask of someone he was courting to comfort him. Perhaps this would also reveal how well they worked in these situations. But that last thought came after Theo realized he needed her.

First Theo checked his phone. It had been on the charger on silent since it died last night. He saw that there was a text from Willow that read 'I guess something came up so our plans are off. I hope everything's okay, though. Let me know if tomorrow is still going to happen.’ It was likely Molly had taken her home since he hadn't come.

Somehow it felt like an omen. Theo got to his motorcycle and sped off. It felt like time dragged on his wheels as the pain did on his heart. Theo pulled up to Willows home just as the sun was sinking. Theo got off his ride, set down his helmet, and made his way to her door. He didn’t even remember knocking, only that the door opened and his weary, sorrowful eyes of a dark and sad green forest found her chocolate gaze and he said, “We lost Melody.” In a cracked voice. Theo had kept it in for so long. Finally, he felt the tears run hot down his cheeks and he pressed the fingers of his right hand to his temple.

Last edited:
Willow had been excited for Theo, she truly had been, but there was the tiniest part of her that was selfishly watching the doors of the pub on the 25th, hoping he would come in earlier. While she was still working with Molly, Jovan and the cousins, there was a sense that something was very much missing. She tucked that green monster away, doing her best to continue work as normal and when a Babushka stopped her to ask where her krasavchik was, she would talk of his work at the clinic with pure pride.

Days apart meant time together was treasured even moreso. She strove to learn more about him during that time, offering just as much in return. When he was in the room, she could hardly be found anywhere but at his side. They listened to his tales of work and would fill him in on whatever pub drama he had missed. While she longed for more than an hour or two with him, she was determined to learn to adjust so that he could continue with his dream.

Sunday was the hardest day so far, and not because of a few quick hours working. Rather she stood, waiting and listening for the familiar rumble of his motorcycle for longer than she should have. Molly had asked a couple times if she was ready to go home, each time Willow asking to give him just a few more minutes. Finally, she had resigned that something must have come up, nodding with a forced smile while she climbed into the Accord. Of course she loved her dear friend and tried to keep up with her chipper talk, but there was a part of her that felt emptied without Theo around for the past now nearly two days.

Alone in her apartment, she tried and failed to keep herself distracted, else her phones might try to reach out for him beyond the text that was sent on the way home. She knew that she couldn't keep bugging him, especially since there were children and families dependent on him. She had stared at the same page in a book for a half hour before realizing she hadn't read a word of it, her words continuously going to her phone in case she had missed an alert. A dinner alone was less than satisfactory, but she ate; starving wasn't going to make the phone ring. The food tasted almost bland. After she had sat on the couch, letting the television play without gaining much interest, time seemed to pass a bit faster, even if it wasn't a true enjoyment.

Her world of failed distractions was interrupted by an urgent knocking at the door, one she was half tempted to ignore seeing as usually this was meant for a neighbor. Still, something pulled her to her feet and a quick peak showed a defeated silhouette of Theo. As quickly as she could manage, she tugged the door open, her heart sinking as she saw him face to face in a such a desolate state. His words sunk in her stomach, remembering his talk of the young girl he had met and was caring for.

His pain felt as hers, seeing him beginning to crumble. Reaching out, she took hold of his left hand, leading him in from the hallway and closing the door behind him. She didn't stop there though, her wordless guiding bringing him the few steps needed to the living room. Coaxing him down to the couch, she slid herself at the end while his longer form would take up every bit of it, even with knees bent no doubt. She lay his head on her chest, wrapping her arms around him as tightly as she could and letting her face rest against his temple. "I'm so, so sorry, Theo," she whispered her own voice thick with emotion and nearly catching in her throat.

Theo silently steeped in his grief. For the time being his throat was too tight to speak. They stayed like that on the couch for a while. Finally Theo pulled enough away to look up, eyes red and puffy, “I know job means this happen.” He murmured. “But this first time. Is hard to think how life stop. I am not new to it--” Theo’s breath hitched “--people die in hospital all the time. . .Just. . .Melody so healthy day before. It came on suddenly.” Her check up went well too, or so it said in her charts. Theo couldn’t figure it. The tests came back with strange readings. By all accounts Melody left healthy and came back as if she had been sick for a week. All her systems were being attacked. This wouldn’t be the last child to die in the hospital, he knew, and he figured at some point he would feel the hit of the loss less harshly. But not today.

She didn't push him to speak any sooner than he did on his own accord. One hand lightly rubbed along his shoulder, trying to offer some contact as he was given an outlet for his emotions that were finally being unbridled. When he finished speaking, she was quick to be as steadfast as she could for him. Her fingers brushed strands of his hair off his face before her thumb wiped away the streaks of tears. "You did everything you could for Melody," she assured him quietly, wishing in that moment that she could take his sorrow and bottle it in herself so he wouldn't feel it. "You are smart, a good doctor, and a kind man, and I know that because of how you are now. I know that you will not stop until you can understand it so you can help the next little girl who needs you."

It felt nice to just close his eyes and feel her finger. To hear her encouraging words. It had certainly been a long day in need of togetherness and comfort. After a time Theo took her hand and laced it with his on his chest. “I gave Melody Granya’s present. . .” Theo said, “I need to pick out another one. Can you come with me tomorrow?”

Willow nodded, smiling down at him as they lay in mutual comfort of the other. "Of course I will," she agreed, giving his hand a small squeeze with her own. She would offer him any support she possibly could. They could also use time together, especially after their time apart and how hard everything was hitting him. "Can I take you out for breakfast before we shop? I need to make sure you're eating since I haven't seen you since Friday."

“Da, that would be nice.” Theo smiled up at her. As he sat up to snuggle with Willow his pager went off. He groaned in slight defeat, pulling Willow to him the rest of the way. “First of many to come.” He sighed. Theo kissed Willow tenderly, and with all appreciation. Then he got up and went to the door. Along the way, he took in the sight of her humble abode. It was quite tiny. But perhaps suitable for a single person. Theo smiled to himself, thinking about how she no longer was ‘single’, and maybe one day they’d have a place of their own. However, that was a discussion all to itself. And he only started courting a month ago. “See you at eight tomorrow?” He asked her as he opened the door to leave.

The sharp beeping caught her off guard, not overly fond of it when she realized it meant he'd be leaving. Still, it was his job and she was here to be supportive of him. She stood to see him out, fighting the urge to try and keep him a few minutes longer. There were lives that needed him more than her right then, so she'd learn to share, even if it wasn't preferred. "Eight sounds perfect," she agreed, leaning against the door as she watched him go. "Good luck with work, Theo."

Monday, October 30, 2017
Planning to spend the morning with Theo before they headed to the park with the rest of the family, Willow was dressed and waiting in the parking lot a few minutes before eight. She really preferred not to keep people waiting when she had a schedule in mind. After he left to head back to work she had spent a good hour looking around for breakfast ideas, wanting to make up for their lack of a date the day prior. Finally she had found a little omelette shop not far from a shopping center, hoping it'd be acceptable.

Once Theo arrived, she all but threw herself at him, giving him a tight embrace followed by a gentle kiss. "Good morning," she chimed, clearly in a good enough mood for both of them as she moved to put on the helmet she wore on her rides. She'd grown much more accustomed to the metal beast over the past weeks, even enjoying the rides. While she buckled the strap, she told him of her plans for breakfast, slipping behind him with practiced ease.

Theo caught her in his arms, chuckling at her exuberance. “Good morning my Красивый.” The kiss was well received. It made it harder to get on with the day rather than just embrace her. But his stomach was grumbling. So they headed off to ‘Sammy’s. The word on the web was the restaurant made a great omelette. Theo hadn’t had one before, so he was interested.

They arrived at a cozy breakfast nook. People already were enjoying the talents of the cooks at Sammy’s. Little tables outside reminded Theo of France. Just a bit. A few smokers would complete the picture, along with a judgemental French waitress. Theo could do without both.

They parked the motorcycle off to the side. Theo knew how irritating it was to park and see a whole slot taken up by a single, thin bike. They walked to the counter, got seated, and Theo took time to peer over the menu.

“What do you like?” He asked, trying to get a feel.

It was a homey little shop she'd picked out, much better than any chain if you asked her. You'd get plenty of good service at the same price or less than other places. Inside, they tucked themselves into a booth, Willow taking a moment to look around and appreciate the tiniest details of decor before turning to her menu.

"Personally I love a good veggie omelette," she said, turning the page and looking over their ingredients. "They have a Sammy's Choice where you get to build your own omelette. You can just pick out what meats or vegetables you enjoy and then they just tuck them inside the egg and cheese omelette. Or if you prefer it looks like they also have french toast or a farmer's breakfast. And I am missing coffee so I'll take that over tea I think. What sounds good to you?"

“Hmmm…” Theo pondered his choice. “I will have build your own. Sausage, onion, garlic, chives, and that’s it.” Although he wasn’t sure if all those flavors would go well together in an omelette, he was willing to take a chance.

Not many of his family took culinary risks. Really, his family had a general hesitancy when faced with something new that didn’t stop at food. Theo took tea to drink though. It was the first flavored drink he remembered having there. He enjoyed it.

Theo made his order and handed off the menu to their waiter. “Sorry for coming unannounced last night. I’m usually not so rude.” He chuckled.

While it wasn't something Willow would have ordered, she hoped his choice would end up tasting well (and not linger too long, should she want to steal a kiss!). She truly did love eating most meals at the pub, but it was also nice to change things up now and then.

"I'll go with spinach, tomatoes, green and red peppers, and onion in mine," she asked of their waiter. "Coffee to drink and yes please bring creamer." If she was also not having traditional kvas with her meal, she could stand to go a bit sweeter than normal.

His apology caught her a bit off guard, leaning her forearms against the table, hands clasped. "Why would you need to apologize for that? It's not rude at all," she brushed aside his apology. "You're more than welcome over whenever you want. Truly. I really, really, enjoy my time with you, Theo."

Theo blinked, “Oh, I thought you being just polite.” He figured his stressed state had been excused. “In Okunevo uninvited guest can be legally pelted with icicle.” He took his tea from the waiter, who looked shocked. Feeling compelled to save face, Theo added, while giving a smile to the waiter named Dave, “Is not hard most of the time. Only got black eye once. Is okay, is okay.”

Dave returned a smile, but it was a hesitant one. “Of course, sir.” He inclined his head. “Your food will be out soon.”

When Dave left, Theo sipped his hot tea, unsure if this reflected badly on him, but he figured he’d have to say so at some point, so he said, “I love my time with you too, Красивый, but I must ask that you let us know when you come to the house. It is not something we are used to.”

While Willow shared the concern of the waiter, although she didn't visualize it quite as strongly. It might have been her exposure to remarks similar being around the Russian family so often, but somehow being pelted with icicles seemed tame in comparison to what could happen.

"Once is still too many times," she commented, referring to the black eye he had mentioned. "You're too handsome to get beat up." Working to empty tiny cup after tiny cup of vanilla creamer into her mug before turning to the white sugar packets. It took a few moments to digest just what he had asked of her, little clinks sounding as she stirred up the coffee. "I mean, I guess it's proper etiquette and what have you. I just haven't had to deal with that since before college. I'm pretty sure if I gave Molly a key she'd walk right in day or not. Are you really going to chuck an icicle at me if I try to surprise you or visit Granya?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back