Spark of a New Era ~IC~

Mariko nodded at Edward and hurried over in that direction, kneeling down and keeping an eye on the various dials. For the moment, they all seemed to be in working order, but with all of the stress happening to the balloon, she knew it was likely to change, or at least fluacate. So she kept a close eye on the dials, every so often briefly glancing up to see how Edward was doing.

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Hearing the captain over the loud speaker, Ariska moved to do as she was told. She headed to the top deck, up where she could see their surroundings more clearly. She hoped whatever mechanical problem the ship faced would be solved soon and they could avoid this fight. Her stomach was a bundle of nerves as Ariska looked out over their surroundings, searching for any high structures that the ship could head toward. Everything seemed to blend together, but as she squinted she did spot what looked to be a large, towering structure. She pointed to it excitedly, and then realized there was no one around to hear it.
So, she scurried up to the steering wheel to tell the captain.
"I, I saw something off that way...I...I think that's uh...east". The young girl was clearly flustered as she pointed.

Avyana suddenly snaps out of her daze now alone in the med bay her mind reeling from the captains announcements. She searches the cabinets and takes a few pills before downing a glass of water and heading to the weapons deck to join jasper. "I know I might not be well trained but I want to help in any way possible" she sits herself in the harpoon and observes the ships on the horizon.

Calista
The female continued to watch the three approaching ships ahead of the Grinder. They were getting closer and closer. Calista wasnt aware of Ariska's approach, so when she came to inform her of a nearby towering object, Calista jumped slightly. She took a breath, regaining her composure and nodded

Nice work Ariska. Keep an eye on those ships and let Jasper know if they begin to chase us

Calista reached for the wheel, spinning it to the right. The ship began to turn almost immediately. Calista reached for her mic and spoke into it

Edward, Mariko, we're going to try and outrun the incoming ships. Stay focused on repairs. Jasper, keep our asses covered. Ariska will keep an eye out if they begin to chase us

Calista dropped the mic, now focused on piloting

StarryKnights StarryKnights

Edward Osborne
Hanging from rope. Thousands of feet in the air. When Edward was a child, he was afraid of heights. Now here he was, hanging onto some rope and making repairs to a canvas balloon with one hand. He could easily imagine himself in much more worse situations, but that just gave him the feeling that if he died here, it would be a stupid death.

With the roll of tape held in between his teeth, he ripped a piece off, bringing it close to the slightly hidden tear in the balloon. The ropes swayed, making balancing and concentration a lout harder. Edward brought it closer and closer, then stuck one end on the balloon, folding the tape over the tear and make sure it sealed.

Edward quickly climbed back down, going to Mariko after finding his footing on the deck of the ship

Hows the pressure?

SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

Jasper
Jasper noticed in the corner of his eye, Abyanna joined him on the upper deck. He looked at her curiously when she volunteered to help defend the ship. But in the end, he wasnt opposed to the help. He watched her move to the harpoon gun and just smiled

If the ships get close enough, aim for the balloon with that harpoon. It'll tear right through the fabric

FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect

Mariko briefly looked up when the captain started to issue more orders, feeling slightly nervous. Was this for real, were they really about to be attacked? She nodded at the command, even though she knew she couldn't be seen, and stood up, seeing no abnormalities with the pressure. When Edward walked over to her, she smiled slightly. "It's doing great! Nothing irregular about them," She answered.

Ariska nodded, moving to the railing she kept a close eye on the ships in the distance. She wasn't trained for this sort of thing, but now was no time to be complaining. She didn't need to be an expert in combat to know if they got over run....they'd probably lose the resulting fight.
And the raiders in this area were well known for being brutal. She gulped and took a breath to try and calm her nerves. Everyone was working hard to try and avoid this conflict...and she would do the same. She made sure to note where Jasper was on the ship, in case she needed to call out to him, and then kept her eyes glued on the vessels ahead of them.
She hoped that the captain managed to get them out of this.

Avyana nods, double checking the mechanisms just as jasper has taught her, making sure everything was in working order. She then slides her glasses onto her face and tries to keep the intire visible horizon in her perofrial vision as she keeps a seady hand on the machine.
"I guess I might be getting a bit of target practice a bit sooner than we expected"

sorry ive been lacking in replies. a good amount of things are going on that keep me away from

Edward
The man nodded, though he wasnt all that satisfied with the current fix. Sooner or later the tape would either give up, or something worse.

Good. Come on, we need to make a few more checks before we can actually relax

Edward went over to the ladder that connected the lower and upper deck. Climbing down, he waited for the younger girl to follow him, then led her towards the back of the airship where he leaned over the railing, looking downwards. He was inspecting the hull. So far no cracks or anything, which was a good sign. Leaning back up, he turned to Mariko

Go around the left side of the ship and do what I just did, Look for any cracks on the hull or any potential failures where there are metal bolts. I'll go around the right side and we'll meet up at the front of the ship

SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

Jasper
Dont get too excited. The last thing we need is to have one less edge against them

Jasper had moved to the rear of the ship, standing beside Avyanna. There was no need to cover the front of the ship. With a telescope in hand, Jasper was looking for what kind of weapons the three airships had.

His lips formed a small frowned as he grumbled

Aint that just our luck...

Jasper looked down to Ariska, calling down to the girl

Oi, you there. Tell the capt'n that they've got lots of harpoons. I think they intend to board us!

StarryKnights StarryKnights FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect

Mariko followed Edward, climbing down the ladder and hurrying to keep up with him in her shoes, watching him do his work. At his order, she nodded and rushed over to the right side of the ship, looking for cracks. She checked more slowly but thoroughly, since she still was thinking of making a good first impression. She did hope she wouldn't have to actually fix anything though, since the crew seemed to be under a lot of stress already. The last thing they needed was to worry about a potential engine failure.

Ariska looked down as she heard someone call out to her, it was Jasper. What he shared didn't help her nerves any, what would these raiders do to them if they managed to board the ship?
Ariska didn't want to find out, so she scurried back to the captain.
"Captain! Jasper says the enemy vessels have lots of harpoons...he believed they intend to board us". She fidigited with her hands as she spoke, clearly nervous.
"What should we do Captain If they catch us...".
Ariska didn't want to think about that.

Calista
They wont catch us. I'll make sure of that

Calista replied to Ariska as she continued to focus on her flying. She had the engines at maximum power, but she knew that they could go faster. Edward and Mariko were hopefully done repairing whatever was wrong with the balloon by now. What they were doing now, she had no idea, but she knew that it couldnt be as important as what she was about to ask them now.

Reaching for the handheld mic, she spoke into it

Edward, Mariko, I need you two to work on giving the ol' engine some more welly. I already have her at max speed and I could use some more

She let the mic fall down, held by the cord it was attached to as she made headway to the ruined towers in the distance, seeming to get closer now

Edward
Edward was still in the process of inspecting the hull when he heard Calista call out instruction. He immediatly dropped what he was doing, making for the engine room. Hopefully Mariko heard the call as well and was making her way back as well, because he was the first to the engine room. He went over to a shelf on the wall, grabbing a tool box and cracked it open, pulling out a few wrenches.

Every mechanic had their own method of giving more power to the engines, but out of the entire Mechanist fleet, Edward's method was incredibly unorthodox. Luckly, he was assigned to an unorthodox captain.

StarryKnights StarryKnights SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28 FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect

Mariko heard the captain give another order and stood up from her current work, nodding even though she knew nobody else was around to see it. She hurried down to the engine room and found Edward there already. She pulled out her own toolbox and got to work.

Ariska nodded, she had to have faith that her captain could get them out of this. It seemed they were getting closer to the pillars she'd spotted...but the medic still had to wonder what might happen if they got caught. If it came down to a fight, she wasn't going to be very helpful...
She took a breath to help keep calm and hoped whatever Edward and Mariko were doing, it would help them go faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back