Spark of a New Era ~IC~

FabulousTrash

aaaaaaaaaaaa
NAVIGATION
lore page - Spark of New Era Archives (Lore)
ooc thread - Spark of a New Era OOC
characters - Spark of a New Era ~CS~
IC - YOU ARE HERE

a82aaf8e2b98b4871402cfb722320a95.jpg

The central city of Yarrin. Probably the most developed and wealthy of the entire district. You had to either have lots of money, or be a member of the Fleet to live here on the daily. Humming with life from dawn till dusk, the central city is always busy with different types of people. Traders, storekeepers, police, all that jazz.

Inside one of the many local pubs, a girl with a top hat by her side and goggles around her neck sat at one of the tables in the far corner, away from most of the public crowd. With her lips pursed, she looked over a medium sized map that was laid out on the table in front of her. Besides the map was a plate, mostly clean with some food scraps left over and a pint glass, halfway full with a bright brown liquid.

Calista reached over, taking hold of the glass beside her and brought it up to her lips, taking a hefty sip of ale, then set the glass down. Rolling up the map, she stuffed into the shoulder bag that was beside her and got up, slinging the bag on her shoulder and across her chest. Leaving the glass and plate at the table, she grabbed her hat and fitted it on top of her head, straightened out her skirt and then made sure she had everything before leaving the room, giving the bartender a cheerful farewell as the door closed behind her.

The girl began walking off towards the Eastern part of city, where part of it was sectioned off for certain people only. The walk itself took only about 20 minutes or so, and Calista didnt mind the exercise anyway. Up ahead, there was an archway and a gate across the opening. It was the only way into the sectioned off part of the city. Two men with large rifles stood on either side of the archway opening with a third man by the gate mechanism

Calista went up to the gate as if it were normal, and the two men with rifles stepped forward, one closer than the other.

S'cuse me miss, but I'm afraid you cant come down this area. This section of the city is only for---
Members of the Fleet, yes I know very well. Here, look

The girl reached around her neck, finding the small chain that was there and took hold of it, tracing it downwards and eventually pulled out a pendant. It had the symbol of the Mechanists on one side and Calista's full name on the back side. It what was used to identify bodies in the battlefield as well as prove your membership with the fleet.

The guard reached out, taking a closer look, then nodded and looked back to the gatekeeper, raising his hand. The gatekeeper pulled the lever in the ground and the gate swung open. Calista smiled, tucking the pendant back into her shirt and tipped her hat to the guards

Much obliged
Welcome back, Miss.

The guards returned to their post as Calista proceeded on ahead. She reached down to her side, grasping her pocket watch and opened up the cover. The time was 9:40 in the morn. Snapping the cover shut and dropping the watch back down, Calista made way to the Departure Zone, where the sight of airships entering and leaving Repair Tower East through an entrance up above could be seen, if one were to look up, that is.

Her crew was supposed to be at the tower at around 9:50. From what Calista was told last night, today the Grinder was being sent on a long distance flight down to Fallkirk. The Mech Council has struck a deal with those in the winter wonderland, the Outcasts. The Outcasts would give the Mechanists raw metal material and in return, the Mechanists would create machines for the miners to use to increase their production rates and keep whatever leftover metal that wasnt used.

Entering the tower, Calista was greeted by many, who knew her face and name fairly well. She smiled, exchanging the greeting as she made way for a set of stairs along the side the building, going all the way up to the 3rd floor, where most of the offices were. She walked around the side of the tower for a bit until she came up to a door with a plaque that said

"Commander Wallas"

Calista knocked once, and shortly after, a man's voice replied

Enter

Calista opened the door, stepping into the room and closed it. There was a rather tall looking man standing at the window of the room, watching down below as the citizens in the city were going about their day. The girl reached up, taking her hat off and held it down at her waist

Of course, arriving before your crew.
Well I cant have them going around thinking I'm sloppy

The man chuckled lightly as he turned to look at Calista. His voice was smooth and soothing, with a thick British-like accent to go with it. In his hand was a small glass of water

Well, since we're waiting, why dont you tell me your plan of action, Miss Mintz
Of course

Calista placed her hat on one of the hooks on the wall, then reached into her shoulder bag, pulling out the map from before. Wallas went over to his desk, clearing a space for Calista to roll the map out flat. She began to explain the planned flight path to Fallkirk

Last edited:
Avyana dashes through the departure zone, searching desperately for the eastern repair tower. She was supposed to meet her crew there for her new assignment. This was her first real assignment, after being a surgeon for several years she decided she needed a change in her life, wich is why she is lost and may be late to her first mission. She pulls her pocket watch from the pouch in her vest checking the time, ten minutes. She adjusts her shoulder bag as well as the stack of papers in her arms as she again begeins to wander searching for the tower. Thankfully she wore her work boots so her feet don't hurt nearly as much as she could. After another five minutes of wandering, looking lost and asking for directions she makes it to the tower. She steps inside and straightens out her dark pants, white blouse, and leather vest in the lobby. Pulling out a small compact mirror she checks her hair, making sure the entirety of it remained in the braid where she had put it this morning. She makes one final check over all of her belongings, her duffel bag with her briefcase on top and the small stack of papers in her arms. Satisfied she goes up to the third floor, determination sparkling in her deep green eyes. She checks the top paper again upon reaching her floor and heads to the room labeled "Commander Wallas", she then pulls out her watch and waits until 30 seconds before 9:50 before knocking on the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh god, I'm going to be late!"

Jumping up from her chair at the breakfast table, Ariska frantically throws her bag over her shoulder, startling her poor mother as she brings another plate to the table.
"I didn't realize how late it was!'
She was getting her assignment at 9:50, and she didn't want to see what happened if she was late. She planted a kiss on her mother's cheek before making a beeline for the door.
"Oh...uh good luck sweetie!". The older woman called as her daughter closed the door behind her. The house was going to be so quiet now.
Mrs. Molvare sighed. "Please be careful...".

"Excuse me, coming through...pardon!" Ariska wormed her way through the crowded streets of Yarrin's central city, offering apologies as she went. She couldn't afford to be late, but with the morning rush going on moving quickly was more than difficult. As she ran she rummaged through her bag, ensuring that she'd packed everything she needed.
Her stomach was a flutter with nerves, she'd never been assigned to a ship before.
She could see the eastern tower from slowly coming into view as she made her way down the crowded streets. If she took a short cut then she should make it with a few minutes to spare. Her heeled boots clanked against the stone streets as she made it to the archway, where the armed guards stopped her.
"Only fleet members past this point ma'am, I need to see some identification".

"Oh uh...". Ariska rummaged through her bag, the guards exchanged a look.
"Are you sure your not lost child?"
Ariska held up the Mechanist's symbol she'd be given. "I'm suppose to be getting my assignment...and I'm kinda running late...".
The guards nodded and the gate was opened, allowing Ariska to dash past and toward the eastern tower.
"Please let me make it, please let me make it please...".
Darting into the tower she attracted a lot of started, confused looks as she dashed up the stairs and to the third floor.
There she scrambled to find the correct office.
"Commander Wallas, here is i- oh!". She stopped as she spotted the name on a door plague.
And standing outside it, was another woman.
Ariska wondered if she was getting the same assignment. The quiet girl fell in step behind the older woman, thankfully she'd just made it on time.
She wondered who else was going to be arriving...

FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

"Watch where ya goin' ya tosser!"
A loud voice came echoing down the hall. If one would to look down, a man in mostly blue covered in soot was seen yelling back at a passersby. It would appear that the two had accidentally bumped into each other, and the man in blue did not taking to kindly to it.
Said man had on some sort of mechanical backpack with tools and was also carried on one of his shoulder a duffel bag.
Didn't take long for him to reach the door to the commander's office, where the little crowed was gathering. He got behind the line of people, before he took two looks at the door and one look at the two women presently standing in front of the door.
"Wot ya bloody lot doin' standin' aboot? This some sort of union meetin'? Did ya even knock? Or ya expectin' a welcome party at da doors?"
The man seemingly barked, as he was now looking at the two women in front of the door.
FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect StarryKnights StarryKnights

Last edited:
Ariska jumped as there was shouting down at the end of the hall. turning, she saw a grumpy looking man covered in soot stalking his way down the hall. She paled a little and reflexively tried to hide, moving closer to the corner and the woman in front of her.
Oh please don't be coming here please do-
Her prayers went unanswered as the man stalked up to the door and barked at her and the other woman.
Ariska just stared at him for a second before managing to put words together.
"I...uh...she did we're just waiting..f-for the reply".
Ariska didn't want to go in uninvited, that might upset her commanding officer. Ariska took a deep breath as she told herself to calm down. If she was going to be sharing a ship with this guy she should be polite.
She bowed at the man before offering him a small smile.
"M-my name's Ariska...I'm the medic for the mission...at least that's what I'm assuming...".
She looked to the door, wondering what was taking so long. She also looked to the other woman, wondering what she'd be doing in the crew. There was usually a medic, a gunner, a pilot and en engineer. Ariska assumed the grumpy man was the engineer...so maybe this woman was a gunner?
Or maybe another medic? You could never have too many doctors after all...

Elekta Kount Elekta Kount FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect

The man at first scoffed, but he didn't say anything foul, yet.
"Name's Douglas, mates call me Rigs. I'm suppose to be the engineer for that pile of junk they call "Gear Grinder", the heavens what they were thinking when they were designing that circus contraption."
The man then gave the young girl a hard look.
"You our medic? Ya seem a bit soft. How many missions you've flown? "
Before his eyes darted to the other women.
"An' wot about the lass over there? Wot she do? Cleanin' the deck?"
FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect StarryKnights StarryKnights

Avyana turns keeping Ariska slightly behind her, everything about her movement seemend confident save for the fear glinting in her eyes. "Sorry, I had spaced out. My name is Avyana, I am a highly experienced surgeon and I recommend you try not to give the people responsible with saving your life such a hard time" she glances down at the watch in her hand again and realizing the time is exactly 9:50 she opens the door. " I would also watch what you say about the ship, as it's time for us to meet our captain" she steps into the room trying desperately to keep the fear out of her voice, stuffing her hands into her pockets to keep people from seeing how badly they were shaking

Last edited:
.....Thats the general plan.
I can see why many call you insane

Calista just smiled, looking up at the commander as Wallas took a sip from his glass. The general route Calista had plan was cutting straight through Dead Man's Alley and through the Northern District of The Wasteland.

Have you actually considered going, you know, around?

Yes
So whats stopping you?
Time

Wallas reached up, scratching his chin a bit. The pilot did have a point. Going the long way around would take at least 2 days, 3 if conditions get rough, and it was one of the top priorities set by the Council to get the raw materials from Fallkirk.

I suppose there isnt another choice then
No there--

Calista cut herself off as she heard the door to the office open. Taking a look behind her, she watched as three people filed in, two women and a man. The male was just dirty, plain and simply put, though Calista noticed the kinda of gear he was carrying and realized that he was her engineer. Then there was one of the females, who looked incredibly nervous. Definitely not a gunner or engineering type. Probably one of her medics. Which made the other woman her second medic. The second woman seemed alot more calm than the first, but Calista noticed that the second woman's hands were shoved into her pockets. Calista just smiled, waving while Wallas gave them a nod and raised his glass to them

You three must be my crew. Hmmm, lets see here....

Last night, Calista had received papers regarding her crew. Their names, physical descriptions, backgrounds, everything. All thanks to the recent order for every member of the fleet to update their information.

Calista looked towards the man, giving him a once over

You're Douglas, or Rigs, whichever you prefer. I've caught wind of your name from time to time....

She moved on to the first female, the nervous one and Calista smiled warmly

....You're Ariska, one of my medics.....

Calista took a look over to the last person, the other female

...aand....you're Avyana. My other medic. Its a pleasure to meet you all. Though....we are missing some people. Hmm

Departure time for the Grinder was at 10:20, enough time for preparations. But with some of the crew unaccounted for, there was the possibility that departure would have to be delayed. Calista brushed some hair back and tucked it behind her ear as she turned over to Wallas

Should we wait for the rest of them?
I can inform your crew when they all arrive at my office. You have to go check on your ship still, yes?
Mhm.
Go off and do that. I'll cover things here

Cheers

With that, Calista took her personal map, rolling up and putting it into her shoulder bag. She went over to the side wall, grabbing her hat and placed it on her head and made for the door. Before exiting, she turned to look back at the other three

Wallas will catch you guys up. When you're done, head up to the airship. Its all nice and docked on the top floor.

With another wave, Calista was out the door and headed up the stairs to the very top of the tower.
58ed6396f5f7f6679a888a5be5544731
At the top floor, there were mechanical cranes lining the edges of the floor, holding the ship up on either side at two points. There was a ramp from the side of the tower to the ship itself with railings on either side. Making her way over, she got on board the Gear Grinder. Smiling to herself, Calista took just a few moments to grasp the fact that she was back on the ship she knew best. She headed for the center part of the ship, where the small cabins were. Claiming one of the beds, she dropped her stuff onto the bed and went back out. Along with her on the ship were some repairmen who were stationed at this tower, getting the Grinder ready for flight.

Back in Wallas's office, the commander watched as Calista left, then turned his attention to the three crew members standing there.

I assume this is your first mission with Miss Mintz?

@Wapiti WashedUpStereotype WashedUpStereotype SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

Douglas wanted to say somthing back at the older women, but then the door open, which caused Douglas's eyes to dart towards the inside. Standing there the commander and captain. He recognized both, as one was obviously the commander and the other one was infomous.
Blast his luck.
Douglas didn't waste his time filing into the office, dumping the dufflebag he had on his shoulder to the side. Turning about, he folded his arms and listened in on the roll call so far.
Douglas only grunted as he heard the rollcall, then watched as his captain made his way out.
What no gunner? Douglas thought.
As if on cue, another knock occurred on the door. Moments later, a man with a black helmet and goggles peered in, before stepping out and snapping into a salute.

"Entschuldigen Sie meine Abwesenheit."
The man said out-loud.
"The office was really hard to find."
@Wapiti WashedUpStereotype WashedUpStereotype SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Avyana nods curtly to the woman she assumes is captain and then to the newcomer. She then turns to commander Wallace "I don't want to be rude but I do need to take the time to catolog the eternity of the crews medical reports, may I please request a transcript of the plan to read over while I work, I need to make sure the medical facilities on the ship are equipped with what I need" her tone softens now that rigs was no longer paying her any attention, but everything still wayvered as her nerves started to best her.

As the door to the office opened Ariska stepped inside, the younger woman stood with her hands folded in front of her, waiting to be briefed. Honestly she was just happy the gruff looking man was no longer paying attention to her.
She assumed the woman speaking to the commander was their pilot, Ariska offered her a smile and bowed politely as she was addressed.
"Y-yes Ma'am, I'm one of the medical officers".
Ariska had been told there would be two on this journey, and she was to be following this more experienced medic's lead.
She looked to the older, taller woman as the pilot revealed she was, in fact, the other medic. Ariska blinked, she was going to be spending a lot of time with this woman... Best to make a good first impression.
The girl nodded in response to the captain as she exited and then her attention moved to the commander.
As she opened her mouth to speak the door opened again, and a newcomer arrived.
Ariska looked back to him for a moment before looking back to the commander and the other medic.
"I uh...I could help yo with that...". Ariska spoke up, looking to the older woman. "...Given we're both going to be...working together...". she flashed a smile before looking back to the commander.
"...Yes sir...personally this is my first mission ever...as well as my first with Captain Mintz".
Such a strange last name...but one Ariska was certain she wouldn't forget.

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

The hour was already getting late, although Mariko had woken up early. She just wanted to eat breakfast, pack everything up, and make sure she made a good first impression with her appearance. Afterwards, she hurried outside, feeling the brisk air touch her skin and wondering if she had enough time to go back inside and get her coat. She pulled out the pocketwatch hanging from her bag and winced, realizing she was almost five minutes late. That coat would just have to wait. She stood on her tiptoes and rushed through the bustling square, ignoring people's shouts at her as she accidentally hit them or knocked things over. She had more important things on her mind. She soon came to a big building she assumed she was supposed to meet in and ran inside, her heeled boots making all kinds of noise on the hard floor. "Sorry, please pardon me!" She said nicely, rushing inside and seeing several other people staring at her. But which one was the captain? Any of the other women could be her. "I apologize for my lateness," She had a faint accent and walked further into the room. "I didn't miss anything important, did I? Like roll or anything? I sure hope not," Despite feeling out of breath, she managed to put a cheerful smile on her face.

@Wapiti WashedUpStereotype WashedUpStereotype FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Elekta Kount Elekta Kount FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect StarryKnights StarryKnights

Last edited:
Commander Wallas was just about to speak up when he watched as a male enter his office. German, by the looks of it. Wallas didnt know his name, but nodded at his reason for running late

No worries. Captain Mintz is on the ship making final preparations.

Wallas then turned to Avyana, listening to her question and then Ariska following up.

This will be brief.

Wallas remained silent for a minute. If he knew situations like this, someone would be walking in anytime soon. And sure enough, a female did. Probably Calista's second engineer. Wallas nodded at the new girl that wandered in.

You missed the captain, but you're in time for the rundown of your flight.

Wallas cleared his throat a bit, taking a sip from his glass again as he walked over to the large map of the land mounted onto his wall. Compared to Calista's copy, his was much more cleaner

The general gist of yer flight is that yeh 'll be heading to Fallkirk, picking up the raw metal from em to bring back here. Calista has planned a flight path through Dead Man's Alley and through the top side of The Wasteland, the Northern District. Yeh 'll spend the night in Fallkirk then in the next morning, make yer way back here. Simple as that. Any questions?

Whenever Wallas talked for a while, his accent always stood out more. He looked at the 5 standing in his office, waiting to see if they had any comments.

WashedUpStereotype WashedUpStereotype @Wapiti

She said nothing, the entirety of her cool and confident demeanor gone in the face of authority. Her face pales drastically when she hears the flight path, now uncertain of the difficulty of the assignment. She shakily raises her hand and asks " um excuse me commander Wallace but um, why is the captain going through rather than around? Isn't it horribly dangerous?" She shrinks back as she finishes speaking, her voice almost worse than her hands, wich is extremely embarrassing considering she is taller or as tall as everyone in the room. "Going around the desert would be much more practical and not to mention at least 57% safer"

"Ya 'ave any idea who ya workin' for now, dolly?"
Douglas spoke up with a grunt and a snort, as he glanced at Avyana.
"Our new cap'n is the youngest of the fleet...maybe that's why she's so soft in the head."
Douglas then looked back at the map, examining the the course they were to take.
"...Never thought I'd be going back to the pits again...gah, If we don't smash ourselves to pieces against the mountain walls, then the engines will give in flyin' at that altitude, an' we'll just smash ourselves against the bloody ground."
Douglas looked up at the commander.
"Wot's the big rush, anyhow? We're not that desperate for resources that we be needin' to risks our heads and a ship?"
The new comer stayed silent, as he walked over to the map and began examining it.
@Wapiti WashedUpStereotype WashedUpStereotype SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Ariska paled as the commander laid out their flight plan.
"Dead man's ally...but isn't that...?"
The place where airships went to crash and burn. It seemed the others shared her concerns as well, but the young medic remained silent.
She was sure that the captain wouldn't put them in harms way for nothing, if they were going through dead man's ally it had to be for a good reason. No doubt she and the commander knew the risks better than any of them.
Ariska gulped, as she was unsure if she willing to place that much faith in someone she barely knew. But orders were orders...she'd be going no matter the course.

Mariko nodded at the man and retreated to the corner; she always felt more comfortable there. Away from prying eyes. She listened to a few more conversations being exchanged before her eyes widened slightly at the captain's idea. "Hold on...could I see a map of our course, please? Regardless of whether it's her orders, I think her crew should have some sort of say if it's going to be dangerous. And a mission like this will definitely be dangerous. Maybe not in terms of bandits, but our ship could crash or hit something, and then we'd all die!" She said bluntly. "But at the same time....I did ask for adventure....so maybe it won't be so bad," This she said to herself, whispering under her breath.

@Wapiti WashedUpStereotype WashedUpStereotype FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Elekta Kount Elekta Kount FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect StarryKnights StarryKnights

On the contrary, Mr Kendrick. This mission is incredibly time sensitive, and for a different purpose besides getting materials. We missed the last pickup due to a raid from the Fire Maidens last time. We cant afford to miss this pickup, or we may lose our trust with the Outcasts as well as the opportunity to gain raw metal. May I remind you all that even with our current mining efforts, the Outcasts are more familiar with the process and can produce product faster than we can, which is a sad but true fact.

The commander moved back to his desk, finishing the water in his glass and placed it on the desk surface, promptly standing in front of the five. Reaching into his jacket pocket, he took a look at his pocket watch, then replaced the device back into his pocket, looking up at the five once again.

It is currently 10 in the morning. Pop off to the Grinder. Miss Mintz is probably waiting for you all. If you're still keen on seeing the map with the flight path, talk to Calista herself.

He'd watch as they would file out of the office, before speaking up one last time

Have faith in your captain. I did when I flew with her.

Calista was still on the grinder, watching as the last of the tower crew were disembarking the Gear Grinder. Hopefully Wallas did as she asked and told them why she picked such a dangerous flight path. She took a look at her pocket watch. It was 10 AM exactly. Hopefully her crew was on the way to the airship. They had to leave on time if they wanted to make it to Fallkirk without stopping for the night. Humming to herself, she paced around the deck. The memories of the ship when she was young were still vivid in her mind. The places she saw, the people she met. It was all exhilarating. It was the main reason why she turned down the open commanding position way back when, allowing Denzal Wallas to take it instead.

Calista looked towards the side of the tower, where the landing was as she waited for her crew to arrive.

SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28 StarryKnights StarryKnights Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Last edited:
She opens her mouth to say something but closes it she then makes her way to the door. "If you believe in her commander I will have faith in your words, thank you for taking the time to speak with us" she hurries out of the room and to get out the rest of her nervous energy she decides to take the stairs, stowing her papers into her briefcase. She takes the stairs several steps at a time hoping to not be the last one at the flight deck. She smiles a bit to herself hopping miss mintz is a great as the commander proclaims her to be, she can't be too wreckless as she's never been into the hospital.

Ariska glanced to the clock as the commander mentioned the time. Was it ten already? They had to be going if they were going to depart on time.
She smiled and bowed to the commander before exiting the room, right behind the elder woman who was the ships primary medic. The walk up to the launch platforms wasn't long, but it was quiet. Ariska's mind was completely blank, she didn't want to focus on how dangerous this mission was. She'd do as the commander suggested, and place her faith in the captain.
There wasn't much else she could do after all.
She hoped Captain Mintz was every bit as capable as the commander had made her out to be...because if she wasn't there was a good chance the ship would go down in dead man's ally.

She was the second person to make it to the landing, just behind the other woman, Ayvana...
That was what the captain had called her anyway.
The young girl took a deep breath before moving to the other woman's side. "H-hello". she offered her a smile. "...it seems were going to be working together...I'll...do my best to help you any way I can".

"Couldn't have been that urgent if ya sendin' misses crazy durin' amateur hour, but then again ya not flyin' with us through Dead Man's Ally"
Douglas snorted, but more or less said it under his breath. Turning about, he picked up his dufflebag and hefted onto his shoulder.
The man in black meanwhile was still looking over the map, before stepping back and giving a salute, before about facing and moving out of the room, followed by Douglas.
Douglas ended up splitting from the group on his way there, though he did not give a reason why.
The man in black followed the two ladies up to the ship. As he climbed the ramp up to the ship, he caught a glance at their young captain, though he made no remarks. Upon his turn to approach her, he stood in front of her and then snapped into another crisp salute.
"Meister Gunner Otwin von Schönberger, present und ready für Service."
The man's accent was not as heavy as some expected, but he did have bits and pieces still dipped in his native language.
"I will be manning the guns und spottin'g für the enemy. If I see any sign of danger, you will be the first to know."
The man then glanced away at somthing for a secound, before snapping out of his salute.
Minutes later, as people started to funnel up to the ship, Douglas was the last to arrive. He had his backpack and dufflebag, but now in his free hands he was carrying some sort of canister with a tube attached, seemed realitivly hefty.
Douglas made his way up the ramp and on deck, having a look around at the crew.

"Well... lovely lot, ain't we?"

Last edited:
"Mother sailed with a relative of hers, I do believe. So I suppose I will trust her with my life," Mariko nodded, gathering her things up and following the crew to the next meeting spot, being one of the last to arrive as usual. She saw the two female medics talking to each other and stood up a bit straighter, wondering if she should try to get to know any of the crew as well. She should at least try to get to know her partner, but who was the other engineer? She scanned the room and noticed a soot-covered man standing near the doorway, seemingly having just arrived. "Hello! You are the other engineer, I trust? I'm Mariko. We'll probably be seeing a lot of each other, so best to get the small introductions out of the way first, yes?" She smiled politely at him. Despite his appearance, she hoped he would be nice to her back, or at the very least, civil.

@Elekta Kount

Douglas took one look at his partner and scoffed.
"I hope ya not plannin' ta where ya that fancy cape of yas when we on the job, or that fancy hair of yas like that. Dunno if ya know this, but we engineers work wiv gears, an' if any of that fancyness of yas gets caught in it, guess who's cleanin' ya remains in between the gears."
Douglas looked away and grunted as he adjusted the bag on his shoudler, before looking back at her.
"I don't suppose you've least flown a few missions?"
SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

She stepped back in surprise, putting her gloved hand to her hair. She didn't think it was that fancy; it was just kept up in a ponytail. But maybe it should've been in a bun to keep it even more out of her way? The only expression that remained on her face, however, was a very subdued smile. "I was just trying to look my best to meet the rest of the crew. I guess I might've made a bad choice in that, huh?" She laughed lightly and tugged on the end strands of her hair. She would definitely put it up in a bun later. But the cloak was staying. It was her father's, after all. "Me? One or two, yes. Mother says she would have taken me on a lot more if her previous captain was still in the service. But even though she didn't take me out to fly as often as she would've liked, she still taught me everything she knew about her craft. Father did too," She said, slightly proud of her parents.

@Elekta Kount

Avayana turns to the younger girl a smile warming her face. "There's no reason to be so nervous dear, I won't bite besides you an me are the best in the place we call home just like the rest of the people here" she smiles softly kinda feeling like a jerk from earlier. " look I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier but I'm looking forewords to working with you and I hope I'll be able to teach you a thing or two. My name is Avyana and I hope our journey together will be a pleasant one" she smiles and offers the smaller girl her hand as a sign of friendship.
StarryKnights StarryKnights

Users who are viewing this thread