Spark of a New Era ~IC~

Im still totally down for this, as I love steam punk era stuff. I was waiting for Sakurablossom to reply before moving forward, but since it's been a few days, I figure I should reply. I hope this rp continues to run though, because I really like my character :)

Update: Whoops, sorry, fixed it xD

Ariska helped Mariko to the bed, once she was comfortable the woman got her a glass of water along with the pill she needed. Once she was ready Ariska situated the mask over her face and had her lay down.
"You'll be feeling better shortly, but for now, just let the meds do there thing". she smiled at the woman, in this moment all of Ariska's nerves and uncertainty flew out the window.
She had a patient, and no matter how small the issue, the patient always received her full attention. She knew Mariko would be fine shortly, but one could never be too careful.
Ariska took a step back to Avyana could talk to the patient, she assumed she was starting a file on Mariko, so if this happened again, they'd be ready.

As she moved toward the door, a new face arrived, their voice made the nurse jump. Turning around she saw the gunner.
She blinked in surprise at his question.
"The captain wants us to learn to shoot...why?"
If ever there was combat...Ariska definitely preferred to be as far away from the action as possible.

FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect FabulousTrash FabulousTrash SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

Last edited:
"Ariska if you dont want to learn, you can do the file, but I fear the poor thing passed out. She'll regain conciousness shortly and if she does not follow procedure 15 ok?" Avyana stands and gathers herself, setting the file and her writing utensil on the counter for Ariska. She then turns to face the gunner. "I will being going with you as I want miss ariska to gain more experience in her medical practice."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariska looked from Avyana to the gunner, and nodded. "I'll uh...stay hee and watch our patient...when your done I'll go up and learn...I guess".
It was fairly obvious that she wasn't keen on learning, but she supposed if worse came to worse, and Jasper went down...someone else would have to man the guns. Ariska figured the engineers would be more qualified...but it was probably important for her to have some basic knowledge.
That being said, she wasn't excited about it.
Ariska took a seat in the open chair and picked up the file so she could finish filling things out.

FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

***All Lore has been unlocked***

Jasper Dawkins
He smiled when he saw at least one of the medics was willing to come out for quick lesson on the guns.

A'ight, follow me Avyana.

Jasper led Avyana to the stern, or rear, of the ship. Up on a large metal stand was a large harpoon launcher. Firing the launcher had the same principles of firing a gun, but instead of firing multiple bullets, you were just firing a serrated-tipped piece of metal.

Go ahead, take a look around the thing.

He gestured to the launcher
FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect

Calista Mintz
The female pilot hummed softly as the airship made its way through the alley of mountains. The wind had picked up ever so slightly, making it chilly up in the high altitude, but she didnt mind too much. She straighted up the ship before locking the steering wheel, reaching to her side for her spy glass. She looked through, scanning the mountain range ahead for the exit out of the alley. As she expected, it was off to the right.

In the back of her mind, she was thinking about the Fire Maidens. She knew how they could act, being bandits and all that. While most pilots would disagree, Calista believed the best way to cross through the Wasteland was up north. Her reasoning? The Center Division was a practical wall thats hard to pass through, and the Southern Division is just unpredictable. At least when you're going through the Northern Division, you might have better chances than the other two areas combined.

Calista put the spyglass away, unlocking the wheel as she began to turn the ship to the right a little

StarryKnights StarryKnights SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

Ariska sighed as the other two left. The idea of being caught in combat scared the young woman, but she knew eventually it was something she'd need to prepare for. She didn't want to weigh the others down if a fight came along. Like all new recruits Ariska had been taught how to handle a small gun, to be used only in the case of self defense. She owned one, though she had it stowed away in her room. Hopefully she'd have no need of it.
With her mentor and the gunner gone, she settled into a chair, beside Mariko's bed. The woman seemed to be resting peacefully, Ariska decided she'd go ahead and leave the breathing mask on her face while she filled out the patient file.
She imagined it wouldn't be long before she awoke, at least she hopped that was the case.
As the woman went to work filling out the neded info, her mind wandered to the captain and their mission.
Perhaps when Avyana returned, she'd wander up top and see if she could find the woman. She didn't want to leave Mariko alone, on the off chance she awoke.

Avyana looks over the gun, inspecting it closely and eyeing it over " This doesn't look to be a combat weapon jasper, would I be correct in assuming that?" Satisfied with her examination she decided she will simply let the man teach her what she needs to know.
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Jasper
The man just smiled

You assume incorrectly, my dear. Any weapon can be used for combat. C'mere

Jasper guided Avyana over to the controls, explaining to the girl how properly look down the sights and aim, as well as the basic trigger mechanism. To him, it was all simple.

He went off a tangent, explaining how to reel in the harpoon and reload it, then looked at Avyana

Does it make sense so far?

[/[fieldset]

Sorry for my disappearance, I got really sick last week but I am back now!

While the whole exchange happened, Mariko had indeed passed out from her nausea, her face a pale green. Her mind was still fairly active, however, and she felt her dizziness was at least a five or six on the scale, and she silently hoped it wouldn't go up any higher. She wasn't well aware of what happened to the other medic, so she continued to sleep, sleeping a bit more peacefully once her breathing mask was hooked up to her. She would indeed wake up after a while, but the altitude was still too unfamiliar to her.

StarryKnights StarryKnights

Ariska kept a careful watch on Mariko, she seemed to be resting peacefully enough at the moment. The medic debated leaving to inform the captain one of their engineers was currently down, but she didn't want Mariko to wake alone.
However, it didn't take long for her to finish filling out the patient file, and Ariska felt she was sitting around...doing nothing. Given, there wasn't much work to be done, given her only patient was only suffering from mild altitude sickness. She was thankful for that really, Ariska didn't want needless injuries on the ship.

After finishing the file Ariska placed it back in it's spot in the filing cabinet before ensuing everything in the room was in perfect order. A messy work station was an inefficient one after all... But everything was in it's place...and Ariska felt restless. With Mariko sleeping peacefully the medic stepped out of the room, shivering a little at how cold it was. Given how high up they were, the cold was to be expected. She looked down at her dressy attire, and wondered if maybe she should consider changing. This was what she was used to wearing but perhaps it was...impractical for ship life. Sighing, Ariska made her way to the private quarters to change, she'd pop back in to check on Mariko after she was done. If she was still awake, then Ariska would go find Avyana and Jasper.

Shortly after Ariska left, Mariko ended up waking up, sighing slightly and looking around the empty medical bay. "Hello?" She asked in a weak tone, wondering if it was alright for her to sit up, or remove the oxygen mask from her face. She still felt a little dizzy and lightheaded, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as it was before. She wondered where the medics had gone and if they would be back soon, after all, it wasn't a very good idea to just leave a patient alone, was it? Even if it was just some mild altitude sickness. She decided not to risk sitting up, but continued scanning the room for movement. She raised her hand slightly with a wince.

Ariska made her way back down the hall, to the crew quarters. Slipping inside she went to her bed and fished out her spare clothes. She'd packed a simple pair of brown pants and a flowery shirt to go with them...it was the most...practical outfit she'd thought to bring. Though in hindsight...she should've brought less dresses.
"Nothing to do about it now" she mushed with a sigh as she changed. Setting aside her dirty laundry she made her way back to the med bay, the entire ordeal took maybe ten minutes.
When she got back, she moved to Mariko's side, and found the woman was awake. "Hey, feeling any better?" she asked with a smile as she sat beside the bed.

SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

Avyana nods as the continues to look over the mechanisms. Her calm and confident demeanor and has changed to a more nervous and passive attitude.

"Yes I think so, it doesn't seem super difficult. I would imagine it's just difficult to aim"

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Jasper
Dont fret too much about it. After a few times, you'll get the hang of it. When we land in Fallkirk, I can probably set some targets up for practice

The gunner gave Avyana a toothy grin.

You probably have better things to do, so I'll let you go. But dont hesitate to call me if ya need help

Calista
It was almost time. The second set of mountains were just meters away. With one hand on the wheel, her free hand reached for the microphone

Just giving you all a heads up that we're be descending soon. At this point, I'd like to remind you all that we're entering the Wasteland. Keep your eyes peeled for any other airships up and about. The last thing we need is a run in with the Fire Maidens and their attack fleet.

She set the mic down. Off to the sides, the peaks of mountains passed by as the female reached for the altitude control lever, pulling it down and holding it. For a minute, the sensation of zero gravity ran through her body, quickly settling as the Grinder lowered to the desired altitude. Calista released the lever, allowing it to slide back to the middle on its own and turned the steering wheel, banking the ship to the right. She wanted to stay as far north as possible so that they could cross into Fallkirk right away.
StarryKnights StarryKnights SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28

Mariko nodded, a small smile still on her face. "A lot better now, thank you. Though I still feel a bit dizzy." Some of the color had returned to her face as well, though she still looked pale. "If you don't mind....could I sit up? And take this mask off? Or should I keep lying here like this?" She asked politely, not having much medical knowledge. At the captain's next announcement, she winced slightly. but took a deep breath to calm herself down. She would be fine. She could do this.

StarryKnights StarryKnights FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Ariska smiled and nodded at Mariko. "If your feeling better than we can get you up and moving". she stood, and moved to take off the oxygen mask. That was when the captain's voice came over the loud speaker, Ariska jumped a little at the crackle of the speaker.
They'd be descending soon...that was a relief...least then Mariko's altitude sickness would go away, somewhat. Though the probability of attack would go up as well, and that was a scary premise.
Shaking her head, Ariska removed the oxygen mask and then took a step back.
"When your ready, feel free to stand up. I'll get you some water". she smiled for the girl before standing and moving to the sink.

Mariko nodded and sat up almost as soon as the mask was taken off, stretching slightly. She noticed Ariska had changed her clothes from earlier and wondered what brought about the change, and also wondered if maybe she should change hers too. she had removed her cloak and put her hair up, but perhaps that still wasn't enough. "Could I please have some water now?" She asked politely, still a bit unsure about standing. The possibility of an attack was probably the last thing on her mind. She figured the terrain was so dangerous, not even common thugs would risk it for some measly trinkets.

Ariska smiled and nodded. "Sure thing". she spoke as she got a glass of water for her patient. walking back over to the bed she handed it to Mariko, she seemed to be feeling a lot better now.
"When your ready, feel free to try standing up. I'll be here in case you feel dizzy again". she smiled as she glanced up and to the clock on the wall.
"Once your feeling better, perhaps a short walk up top will help clear your head?" she looked back to Mariko. "Avyana headed up there a little while ago, with Jasper, he said something about teaching us how to shoot".
Ariska scratched the back of her head, chuckling. "I'm not one for fighting though...so I hope we're able to pass through unscathed".

Mariko took the glass of water from her and sipped it slowly, not wanting to chug it and get sick all over again. "Thank you," She smiled, managing to stand up very slowly. Despite still feeling a tad lightheaded, the nausea seemed to have passed, which was good news. "I think a walk would do me good. I haven't had a chance to explore the ship yet," She nodded in agreement and walked over to the doorway, the cup of water still clutched in her hand. "Yeah, me neither, believe it or not. Though....I suppose learning how to shoot might be interesting. Plus it'd help if we all knew how to handle a weapon in case of an actual attack,"

Avyana looks back at the gunner and nods heading back to the med bay. She passes by the dorms and decides to spend a couple minutes cleaning up the rest of her belongings. She then quickly moves to the med bay stopping when she sees mariko in the doorway.

SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28 StarryKnights StarryKnights

"Hello! As you can see, I'm feeling a lot better. I suppose I should be glad this ship has such fast-paced and skilled healers," She smiled at Avyana, briefly wondering if maybe that phrase sounded strange, but she couldn't figure out why it did. "Why did you come back up here? I thought you were helping out the gunner,"

StarryKnights StarryKnights FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect

Edward
He was jolted awake at the sound of the captain's voice projecting over the microphone. He sat up in his chair, rubbing his eyes. He was able to catch the last half of her message. Something about entering the Wasteland..

Edward's eyes shot open, quickly standing up and he went over to the meters attached to the various pipes in the engineering room. Balloon pressure dropped, indicating that the ship's altitude had lowered. But....it was still lowering.

Edward cursed himself for falling asleep, but there was no time to waste. He quickly left the engine room, immediately heading for the helm. Calista was there. Without a word to the captain, Edward reached over to the microphone, speaking in a loud volume

Mariko! Wherever you are, I need your help. Find me up on the upper deck. Grab some tape or other adhesive from the medical room if you can

Edward placed the mirophone back He didnt know that Mariko was in there being treated. Before Calista could say anything, he already answered

The balloon is losing more pressure than expected when you lowered the ship's altitude. My guess is that theres a tear.

Calista
Calisa nodded at Edward's quick reply.

Take care of it Edward. Do what you can. We'll make a more proper fix when we're on the ground and out of enemy territory

She watched as Edward went off to take care of his job. Calista turned back to look up ahead and her heart sank. 3 airships, in the very distance, but distinguishable. There wasnt any doubt that they belonged to the Fire Maidens. Calista bit her lip. Time to see what the crew was made of.

Calista slowly reached for the microphone, her eyes never leaving the three airships.

Attention crew. This is the captain. We have three airships headed our way. Prepare for a possible attack

She set the microphone down, then exhaled, releasing the breath she was holding and reached over to the throttle, slamming the lever up. The ship lurched forward, physically shaking from the sudden change of pace.

Jasper
At the sound of the battle warning, Jasper was quick to react. He moved from the back of the ship to the front, climbing up to the upper deck where the missile launcher was. He was quick to load and prime the weapon, aiming down his sights and watched the ships. It was times like these where he wished there was a second trained gunner on board

SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28 StarryKnights StarryKnights FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect

Ariska smiled and nodded at Mariko's words. Hopefully they would make it to their destination unscathed...but knowing how to handle a gun could also be useful, especially given as far as she knew, there was only one gunner on board. "Perhaps we can learn together". she spoke as she headed for the door. She'd walk up top with Mariko and see how Avyana was faring with Jasper, but as the two reached the door, Avyana came back down.
Ariska blinked in surprise, as she'd expected the other medic to be busy with Jasper still. As she opened her mouth to ask how it went, Mariko spoke, beating her to the question.
Before Avyana could reply however, a frantic voice came over the intercom, calling for Mariko to report to the upper deck. The young girl paled and looked to her friend, concern flashed in her eyes.
Edward had sounded worried, she hoped everything was alright.
To make matters worse, the captain came on next, warning the crew of an incoming attack.
Ariska gasped and looked to Avyana, unsure of what to do next.
Did she stay down here and prepare for injuries...or did she try and fight?

FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect SakuraBlossom28 SakuraBlossom28 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

"I'd love that!" She smiled at Ariska's suggestion. The female medic seemed very friendly and sociable. It would be a lot of fun learning how to handle a gun with her. Once the two voices came over the intercom, she tightened her bun slightly and put on a more serious expression. This would be one of her chances to prove she was a great engineer! She ran back into the medical wing and searched through the cabinets, soon finding a large roll of tape. She then hurried up to the upper deck, finding Edward there. Despite all of her running, she wasn't out of breath yet. "Here you are, sir," She held the tape out to him.

StarryKnights StarryKnights FictionallyPerfect FictionallyPerfect FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Edward Osborne
He didnt have to wait long for Mariko to arrive on the upper deck. He gave the female a nod and took the tape from her

I need you to stay here and monitor the dials over there. Call out when the pressure begins to increase

Edward pointed to a set of exposed pipes along the side of the deck. It was a secondary set of meters that indicated balloon pressure, purely for convince so that no one had to go all the way to the engineering room just to check. With the tape held between his teeth, he began to climb up the safety ropes, going up to the balloon. It wasnt ideal to make balloon repairs in the middle of flight, and worse to do it during combat, but if they didnt do it sooner, the Grinder would crash on its own accord.

Calista Mintz
As the Grinder raced towards the three unknown airships, she began to think of exit strategies. They werent exactly a combat airship, compared to the three coming at them. Looking down, she saw that the sandy deserts below the airship seemed rather clean. There wernt any signs of ruins or tall structures. Perhaps they could fly under the other airships? But then, it would just give them easier shots. She'd have to find cover. Reaching for the microphone, she spoke into it, addressing the medics

Ariska, Avyana, I need you two out of the medical room. Look around for any tall structures around the area, Even if they seem far away, keep note of where they are. We may have to change our course

She set the mic down, reaching over to the throttle, lowering the speed of the Grinder, but only slightly. She still wanted to keep up the bluff that they were charging into battle head on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back