• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic space pirates

Zed nodded and looked around. "I'll take that new deflector dish..." he pointed to a nice looking deflector. ((Star trek fan? xD )) "and i also need a plasma converter." ((THATS a real thing.)) He said nonchalantly. 
"Oh and I've been wondering... whats the news on the street about the emperor? I mean, i heard he was captured by the cat but have they started fighting over the seat yet?"

XxX

The shopkeeper gave the other two items to Zed with a smile before his question. "I'm sorry to say, but I haven't heard about any positions fighting, Afterall, the Cat's reputation is for ransom, but if they demand too much, I'm sure fight will break out then, what happens, happens I suppose. I myself hold no more loyalty than the average citizen, I focus on my own life rather than those of royalty.. Sorry I couldn't tell ya.." 
((Well, I'm going to sleep.. Exhausted from a 5-hour drive.. So night!))

Jax jumped a little when Kats voice came into his head. He was confused at first and then realized what he had done . When he opened his mouth to reply, she had asked him to wait.

So he did.

Then she said he could go on, "Sorry doc, must have hit reopen on accident... Sorry you heard that, didn't mean to snap... Just hate that slum b**** emperor. I wish we could kill him and end his miserable existence."

"Don't be ridiculous. Feelings about him aside, the emperor is beloved by his people. He may be a tyrant to some but overall the results of his atrocities have resulted in near complete peace within the Terran Empire. If we were to kill him it would be seen as an rogue act of violence." She wheeled Sri in and had her assistants begin preparing her for surgery. "However if we were to sell him off to someone who has some kind of effect on public opinion, not only would they most likely do our job for us, but they would also take any blame that would probably fall on us." Kat thought to herself for a moment while thoroughly scrubbing her hands, fingernails, and arms. "And maybe any praise as well, but, that could possibly be fixed later."

Conner stopped his chain yanking. Who knew how long he's been at it, that crazy girl hadn't come back yet and at this point he doubted she would. Sitting back on his bed, he inspects each link of the chain. As he gets farther and farther down, his hopes begin to drop. None of them looked like anything had just happened. Then he got to the one just connecting him to the bed. There was just a small knick in it, but it was a start. Hopes restored, he lays down on his bed and waits for either his lunch or that strange girl to come back.

((Btw, i forgot to say this but there's a forve field on the cell. But i will interact with the emperor real soon, i swear. You can make another character if you like.))

(That's fine, the chain is just meant to be a crude weapon. And I have a personal rule of just having 1 character per rp.)

"Achieving peace by annihilating those who oppose you doesnt count as peace. It just means you had a bigger stick when push came to shove." he frowned, "I didn't know you were a sympathizer for this guy Kat, Christ. He's killed Billions of people, innocent people!"

Sympathizer. Hell, up until a while ago when she was working for the guy, she had been a full blown patriot right along with her family. Of course only the Captain and Sonia knew about that. "I'm not saying that what he has done or has forced others to do is okay, I'm just saying to look at things from a broader perspective. The Emperor may have destroyed cities but he's also raised and protected many. He's responsible for saving lives just as he is for destroying them."

"You dont know what you're talking about Kat, you didn't serve in the Fleet. I use to be a Comm Officer, Ive heard the orders given. Thats why my back is made of metal, because I refused to pass on the order to destroy a peaceful city. There were no combatants in the city Kat! And what did we do?" He made a noise to mimic a laser beam, "The city was gone, along with 2.3 Million innocent people. You can tell me all you want that if we had sent in ground forces we might've lost more, but the soldiers volunteer for that kinda stuff Kat, they volunteer to put their lives at risk. People living in a city? They're told that their government is fighting some other government, they dont sign up to die before they know whats going on." She could hear his voice was on the edge. "God damn it Doc, you've put me on edge. S***... I need more pills, Im out.. I thought I'd be fine."

Jax suffers from severe PTSD from his time in Prison, and being tortured.

(Also I know he personally isn't that big on a**, but Jax is convinced he's the devil)

"I don't know I'm talking about?!" Images of torturing prisoners of various species flashed through her mind as she felt a rare surge of pure rage making her blood boil. "You're not the one who had to-" Kat quickly stopped herself before she said any more. She was quite sure that Jackson would resent her if he knew the things that she had done no matter what the reasons. She sighed, suddenly tired. "Fine. Just go take the dumb pills Jax." Her hands were washed from fingernails to elbow. "Commlink off." She gave the voice deactivation key that allowed her to work and use her commlink at the same time.

Walking into the surgery room she recalled something that she had forgotten. Turning to one of the medical assistants, she told them to go and retrieve what should be left of the emperor's breakfast.

((Posted from my phone, forgive spelling errors and hilarious spell check blunders.))

John woke slowly from a deep sleep. He'd been having the most interesting dreams. He thought hard, trying to remember what he'd been dreaming about. The harder he thought, the less he remembered. Kat's painkillers always affected him like that. He was in medbay, some it seemed. He stood carefully, helping in pain when he tried to use his left hand to push himself up. On further inspection. He found he was not alone, but that Sri was curled up in a corner cot at the foot of the bed like a cat. He pulled a blanket over her, then made his way into the hall and to the mess. He thought he must have been asleep for s day or two, and here was hungry. 
((My Wi-Fi will be spotty, I'm on the bus home. I should be home about nine pm, Pacific standard.))

((I am SO SORRY!!! i hate to be calling on excuses.. but there was a large thunderstorm and wifi just finally connected properly now..... I am here though and i feel so bad..))

((We're still at the market.)) 
(Oh.. whoops. I havent responded to your last post.))

Zed nodded. "Alright well i will have one of my men come and pick those parts up, thanks." He said, leaving. "Pretty good deal huh slinger?" He said, walking around till he found a farmisist or a doctor so he could get the med supplies Kat needed.

((Omg u have had thunderstorms/spotty Wi-Fi too?!))

Kat went out to get Sri for the stomach nutrient surgery so that she would be able to feed while still in a coma. When she walked out however, she was met with a surprise. "Doctor, the patient has come out of her coma!" Said one of her assistants that came out from behind her.

"Yes, I can see that." Kat replied with a dry tone. It was rather obvious as, though she wasn't actually awake, Sri was curled up on her bed showing signs of activity that a comatose patient wouldn't have. Just then something else caught her attention. The Cat's first officer was missing. Kat quickly proceeded to get his attention on through his commlink. "Dammit John! How many times have I told you not to just up and leave when you're sick or you've been injured?!" She was already in somewhat of a bad mood because of Jackson.

((Heh its alright, I wouldn't have responded to any post earlier anyways.... Yeah Kattz, they've been terrible I'm just lucky that my room hasn't flooded again xP))

XxX

The shopkeeper nodded and brought out a box, packing the 3 componants into it and taping it shut with his handy tape-gun. Marking the box -7825- he called out to the strange man, "Make sure your crew member tells me the code 7825 so I can make sure that your parts go to the right ship."

XxX

Slinger nodded in response, it was a good deal. He purred quietly and followed Zed where he was walking, to a medical store. Slinger frowned at the smell but looked curiosly tot he rows and rows of plastic white bottles, he tapped one with his prong and when it rattled jumped a few feet away, accidently knocking into Zed. Slinger backed off of the Captain with a very apologetic look in his glowing yellow eyes.

John flicked the switch on his comm, and attempted to sound contrite. "Sorry, Katrice. I woke up alone and got hungry. I am a deck down on my way to the mess." John paused, taking note of the scorch marks in the corridor and the lack of repair crews. "Where is veryone? The ship is a ghost town."

Sri drifted in and out consciousness, listening to the voices and movement around her. She couldn't remember much of the fight, only the shields going down, weapons fire, her head hitting the console, then nothing. She finally blinked her eyes open, almost involuntarily. She wished she were still in that shadow place between waking and sleeping. Nothing hurt there. Her head was pounding, her throat was dry and her stomach heaved. She leaned over the bed and vomited.

((GASP! Do you live in Florida too?!))

Kat looked up quickly to see her assistant absorbed in the task of checking Sri's vitals. Sighing in relief she hissed at the first officer. "I asked you never to call me that! My name is Kat. That name was only mentioned to you so that there would be no secrets between us when I first joined the crew!" Kat took a deep breath and sighed again, releasing her anger along with the air. She couldn't really be mad at John when he was most likely under the effect of painkillers.

Kattz said:
((GASP! Do you live in Florida too?!))
Kat looked up quickly to see her assistant absorbed in the task of checking Sri's vitals. Sighing in relief she hissed at the first officer. "I asked you never to call me that! My name is Kat. That name was only mentioned to you so that there would be no secrets between us when I first joined the crew!" Kat took a deep breath and sighed again, releasing her anger along with the air. She couldn't really be mad at John when he was most likely under the effect of painkillers.
((Bwahahah nope! Ima Canadian xP small town Saskatchewan! It seems as though these storms are not only merciless, but everywhere T-T Ah could really use the ooc tags...))

Sri waved the nurses away and put a hand to her head. They must be traveling very fast, if the rocking of the ship was anything to go by. Sri stammered out a question in the low, melodic language she grew up with. Then, remembering that no one on board would be able to understand her she tried again in English. "What happened? To the ship? To the enemy?"

"Katrice is such a pretty name. I don't know why you don't use it." John said absently. "Do you want me back in medbay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back