• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic space pirates

Umber17

The Dreamer
You are a crew member onboard the space ship The Cat. The Cat is an infamous pirate ship, known for taking down ships holding important officials and looting them. More importantly, holding the important passengers for ransom. In the past you and your crew have targeted mostly alien ships. This time, however, you've taken down a real prize. The King's Crown. A ship three times the size of The Cat, and not lacking in expensive parts that can be sold. The real treasure, however, was the passenger. The terran empress/emperor her/him self

In 2074, a private research company developed a technology that allowed humans to travel beyond the speed of light. As we were exploring, we discovered an alien race called the Raikas. The Raikas were a violent race, and imediatly declared war on earth and humans. The war lasted for about 100 years. In that time, humans became extremly advanced. Eventually, the Raikas were destroyed becuase they didn't evolve thier technology. The Raikas were conquered and enlaved. Thus began the Terran empire. It now spans 20+ systems and includes 13 species. It is now 3004 and the Teran empress/emperor just conquered another system and the 13th species. She/he was on her/his way back from that system when The Cat intercepted thier ship.

MAPS

The Cat

10559682_742916885746378_6235542838956371592_n.jpg

The bridge

10406545_742917075746359_6659720114549341929_n.jpg

Hallway

1610770_742917099079690_2060740391271767248_n.jpg

The mess

10371899_742917139079686_318923383779571735_n.jpg

Crew quarters (yes, they are from startrek)

1620721_742917125746354_3793424434774786293_n.jpg

Captain's quarters

potemkin__captain_s_quarters_by_ionen-d5x9dqh.jpg

Cargo bay

loading_dock_and_cargo_hold_by_ann0314-d4tg4ti.jpg

RULES

• No godmoding
  • No mary sues or gary sues
  • No more than 2 characters
  • Cussing is allowed
  • Fade to black if necessary
  • I have the right to change a character
  • You need to be active, if we are constantly waiting on you to respond, I'll give you a warning. After that, you're gone bro.
  • Password is "im loyal to the cat." Anywhere in your skelly

Last edited by a moderator:
Conner spat in the captains direction. He'd be damned if he'd just let this pirate walk all over him. He bad been so close. The Crown had been hunting him for months, and out pops the Cat ambushing them. But the Crown was nearly three times the size of the other ship, it should have crushed them. And he had trained military on board, while he had nothing but the gutter trash. How did he do it? If the roles bad been reversed he might have asked him to be one of his top generals. But it wasn't, and Conner was the prisoner.

Jax looked at the screen and didn't feel happy. He thought he would when Zed had announced they would be attacking The Kings Crown, and then when they won, he figured he'd be whooping and cheering, but this didn't bring back Bonnie or his son, Clay. He watched as some of the bodies floated around, bloated in the cold empty space. He sat down and listened to the distress signal the Crown had gotten off before they were brought down by Zed and his ship.

Jax opened a Comm link to Zed. "Hey Boss, they got a distress signal out, Im blocking it right now, but its a strong signal. I figure we have about... an hour before they get the signal a few of their ships jump in on its location."

Jackie burst out laughing. "I never expected it to work but here we are with the emperor tied up I must say it was a job well done on all parts I can now see why the Cat is so feared by most." Jackie said looking towards the emperor who was in the middle of the room. "Although I see what you mean he is smaller than I thought at first but you may just want watch out it seems he bites." Jackie said in a mocking tone looking towards the emperor and Zed.

Zed side-stepped the spit casually and chuckled a bit. "Your majesty, you know i mean you no harm. See i dont know if you know how ransoms work but... i dont get one if you're dead. Listen, i could set you up in crew quarters if you like." He said it all very sarcastically.

Zed got the transmission from jax. "Shit." He said to himself, turning away from the Emperor. "Thank you Jax." He said, ending the transmission and calling sonia. "Sonia! What do our engines look like?"

Sonia answered the transmission angrily "give me a minute Zed." She said, anger and frustration rising.

Kat prioritized the situation as injured soldiers made their way to her sick bay. She gave emergency care to the ones who needed it the most before filing who needed said care on the report and comming it in. Sri had a nasty gash on her head and was currently unconscious. John on the other hand seemed to have a broken wrist as Kat examined the large bruise that traveled up his arm. Kat had treated Sri's head as best she could and waited for the Viktellian to regain consciousness as she worked on setting John's bones back into place.

"I'd rather sleep in the air lock." Conner spat back. He just needed something, a knife, a gun, anything, and he could attempt an escape. How many men did he lose? Would the incoming ships destroy the Cat even if he was on it? He had no heir, and a war would certainly break out to decide the next emperor. At this point, he didn't care. He just wanted to know that the Cat would be a floating wreck that the scavangers can pick off of in the vastness of space.

(PS, people suffocate in the vacum of space, not inflate like a balloon.)

Zed regarded the Emperor with a glare as he waited for sonia.

Meanwhile, sonia crouched down next to Jarrod. He was unconscious. She looked around for anyone not busy. engineering was chaos. Small fires, alarms, and people barking at eachother. Sonia sighed and picked Jarrod up and carried him to the sick bay. She dropped him on a random bed and called Zed. "We have no engines captian. We could create a singularity, but we wouldnt be able to go throught it."

Zed listened to sonia before ending the transmission. He thought for a second. "Oh!" He exclaimed, smacking his head. "Jackie! You guys brought aboard the King's Crown's cloaking device didnt you?" 
((Singularity = wormhole))

Jackie heard the question and stood to think for a moment. "Hmm maybe what did it look like in fact we'll just go with yes since I told my men to get anything that looked important."Jackie asked he wasn't a mechanic and the emperors ship was something more technological than what he was used to so he had no clue what it would look like but his orders were clear to all his men.

Zed briskly walked through the maze of random parts they had collected. Then he saw it. It was a little smaller than his torso, almost cylindrical, and had a blue light on the top. "Sonia, do you think you might be able to reprogram a cloaking device?" He said, reopening the channel. He figured they could hide, but if they didn't reprogram the signature of the device then the Terran ships would be able to see them.

Sonia thought about it. She didnt have any experience with cloaking devices. But now that she thought about it, she remembered Jarrod telling a story about his previous ship that involved a cloaking device. "I cant but Jarrod might be able to." 
Sonia called Kat over. "KAT! Jarrod needs medical attention" Sonia didnt know what Zed wanted the cloaking device for, but it sounded urgent. The sooner Jarrod was conscience, the better.

(Geeze, sorry for that! For some reason, I checked on it once or twice and I didn't see anything so I didn't think there was anything,,, Enough with the excuses!)

Felicia stopped as she passed by a window, mourning the loss of that sweet looking pistol that floated past in the cold vacuum of space. No! Now is not the time to be mourning weapons! Now is the time to do something! She huffed, then started a half jog towards the engine room. They could always use another hand there! And when she passed by the med bay, she knew she was right. She muttered a curse under her breath, then jogged up to Sonia. "What happened? Is the engine okay? Is he okay? Are you okay? Am I okay? Of course I am. I'm fine. You. Are you? The engine? How can I help?" She ended her quick ramble with a clap of her hands, then a point at the head engineer, looking at Sonia with a serious look on her face.

((I think i love Felicia.)) Sonia looked up at Felicia. "Felicia, what do you know about cloaking devices?" Sonia said, not answering her questions. Its true, sonia thought Felicia was a completle nut case, but she was also very smart.

Felicia chewed on her lip piercing as she thought, apparently deep in thought. When her jumbled thoughts lined up to something understandable, she hit her forehead. "Ah! Yes, cloaking, hahah, I thought you said clothing, like, where would that even come from? You get my confusion? I was like, the clothes you have on how are fine! No, not clothing, focus Felice. Heh. Fleece. No, okay, cloaking devices, not clothing, what do you need it for? I just may be your one saving grace."

Sonia furrowed her brow at Felicia's distracted speech. She opened a comm channel to zed. "Zed what do you need the cloaking device to do?" She asked urgently.

Zed was already on his way to engineering with the cloak when he got the message. "We need to reprogram the signature so that the other terran ships cant detect us, even though were using thier tech."

Sonia looked up at Felicia in expectation. "Can you do that?" She asked.

Felicia closed her eyes and tensed her whole body for a moment, chewing her piercing again. "Mmmmmmmaybe-yes. Still talking about cloaking device?" She opened her eyes and began nodding, "Yes, yes yes. Where's Z at? Heh." She shook her head and huffed, "sorry, focused. I am the worst at emergencies, wow."

"Zed?" Sonia asked.

"On my way to engineering with the cloak, can she do it?" Zed asked.

"We'll see." Sonia said, regarding felicia. Sonia closed the channel and walked out the door. She power walked down the hallway. Her lung started acting up, making it difficult to breathe. She breathed in deeper and adjusted her gas formula, adding more medicine. Her lung started spasaming and sonia could breathe. "Fuck." She wheezed, leaning against the wall.

Felicia took a quick look around the sick bay for a moment, then began jogging behind Sonia, jogging in place when Sonia stopped. "Is it your lungs? I know my way to the engine room, so if need be, I can leave you behind. No! I'll never leave you behind, Sonia! I loooooove you! Nah just kidding, that was from a movie. See you." She saluted Sonia and continued on her light jog to the engine room.

Zed was waiting at the door when he saw Felicia. "Where's Sonia?" He asked.

Sonia slid down a wall, gasping for air. It felt like she was drowning. More than anything she wished she could take the damn mask off! But instead she fidled with the controls to it that were on her leg. She messed up the formula, she was about to pass out and she couldnt remember the proper mixture of gasses.

"Ah, she must still be in the hallway, huh, I thought shed've caught up by now. Something about her lung and leaving her behind for the sake of the whole group. There was a huge scene and crying and I think that one guy got infected. I thought it was about time. He was only there for comedic relief, I mean seriously! Those writers need to work on one dimensional characters. Where's the clothing device?"

Zed furrowed his brow and turned his head to one side. "Wha...?" He said, until he got it. Sonia's lung. "The cloak is in there." He said, pointing to engineering. He hadn't installed it yet. He went off in the direction of sick bay and came across the unconscious sonia. He adjusted her gas combination and waited for her to wake up.

Sonia regained consciousness, not even remembering losing it. Her lung was stabilized. "Thanks." She mumbled, slowly getting up. With Zed's help she walked, slowly, to engineering.

Jax sat down watching the montiors. He liked it when the others were running around the ship after a fight, because he normally was up here just hanging out. He almost felt like the Captain. And then he saw a red dot. He bolted up and opened the comm with Zed, "Uh. Boss? I think we've got company. Im registering a single ship, class IV Omega Knight.. Um... Not.. Empire, what the hell, none of these read-" And then it was gone. Jax looked up to see if he could get a visual, but he saw nothing but the destroyed ship and the lifeless sea of bodies. "Its gone... It was there for a couple of seconds, then vanished Boss."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back