• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Soulmates *Accepting*

She took the book with small smile. "Thanks." At that moment, she was glad that there were people taller than her to help her get books she couldn't reach. Although she was a bit confused on why he was helping her put away the books and getting this book for her. He was oddly nice for a complete stranger. She suddenly felt happy for deciding to come back to school, especially if it had this helpful of an atmosphere. She picked up another book, checked the number, and placed it back. "Violet," she answered to his question. She glanced up at him. "What's yours? It's only fair I should know too."

@giraffesarebetter

"The bar across the street from the library? I've worked there since I was 16." Carmilla laughed, rubbing the back of her neck.

"It's not too bad of a town. There's a lot of interesting characters if you pay attention to the nooks and crannies a bit."

She smiled watching the girl fiddle, drawing patterns and play with her braid. The girl looked absolutely gorgeous with her hair all weaved together, and the patterns she drew reminded her of the backgrounds on Gustav Klimt paintings or the waving hair of girls in Alphonse Mucha ads.

**Jax**

Violet. Hm. Jax has always appreciated nature names, though they do occasionally get a bit out there.

"I'm Jax." He says simply, meeting Violet's eyes for a moment. "Do you ne-" Jax is cut off by a buzz from his pocket. He checks it, frowning at the reply "Naturally," he mumbles, shoving his phone back in his pocket. "Sorry about that."

Jax wasn't quite sure why he was helping her. It wasn't really his kind of thing, talking to strangers, doing things for them. He was nice enough, once you got to know him, but strangers usually found him standoffish, and for good reason. "As I was saying; do you need anything else?"

@Aes

**Luma**

Luna's eyes widen. "Wow. I've never worked anywhere that long." She shakes her head, thinking of how she got money in high school: babysitting. She never had a lot of cash, but she didn't really need a lot either, so it all worked out.

The blonde watches Carmilla laugh, and smiles slightly. This girl really was beautiful. And if she came from here, she must be right about the other natives. "I'm sure there are..."

@ayezombie

"They're like family. Couldn't get rid of me if they tried." She hummed, happy at the thought of the people who practically adopted her once she moved out. The owner of the bar was a large scary looking man with a lot of tattoos and a big bushy beard, but what no one knew at first glance was his favorite tv show is Bridzillas and he's let the day time waitresses braid his beard and do his makeup on multiple occasions, just because he felt like looking pretty. The bar maid Jeanne was like her aunt, even though she wasn't much older. She was 29 this fall, and could beat anyone in an arm wrestling match. There was more to tell, but Carm managed to draw her attention back to the conversation.

"If you'd like, I can take you sometime. Show you some lesser known places that could be really nice for writing... I mean if you'd want it. Carmilla couldn't help but stumble over herself a little bit. She wasn't the smoothest, but she at least tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Violet finished putting back the last of the books she knocked over, picking up the last one right when his phone rang and gingerly placing it back in its rightful place. As he asked her if she needed any more help, she hesitated. "Thanks, but you really don't have to help me," she finally replied. She did need some help with studying and getting back into the swing of things, but...he had already helped her out without her asking and she reasoned that she could try to do things on her own. Besides, maybe he wasn't that great of a student and didn't want to help her out anyways. She was getting too ahead of herself.

@giraffesarebetter

((Sorry I haven't been around, guys [emoji16] I've been busy))

**Jax**

Jax takes a moment, studying her. The pause before her answer told him she was not quite sure of the answer. "Are you new here?" Hopefully he was right, and she wasn't used to this school. Her expression was fairly closed, so it's definitely possible that she's gone here as long as he has and Jax just hasn't noticed her. That was unlikely; Jax noticed everyone.

@Aes

**Luma**

"Would you really? That would be so great. Even though I've been here for a year, I've pretty much stayed to my classes and this little strip here." Luna grins as she talks about the town. She had always wanted to explore, it was so quaint in Clearlake, she was sure it would be like some kind of writing dream come true. However, she's not as outgoing as she appears sometimes and hates doing new things by herself. Leaving her hometown had been torture, even though it meant getting out of a terrible home.

@ayezombie

((I feel like this rp is kinda dying, guys))

(( long as whoever is active keeps posting it'll be okay. ))

"Well, what are you doing tonight?" Carm asked, "I work the early bird shift at the bar. If you'd like we can either stay there after I'm off and meet some people or go exploring."

She wanted to try her best and keep Luma comfortable and not afraid, so she offered to do whatever she wanted. Honestly, Carmilla wouldn't mind either way if they went out or stayed in but she really enjoyed the girl's company, and was looking forward to the next time she'd see her even though neither of them had said their goodbyes yet.

Violet was surprised he asked her if she was new. She laughed lightly, a bit embarrassed at being called out so quickly being back. "Pretty much. I haven't been to school for a long time," she replied. She paused a moment before adding hastily, "I was just a bit sick. Nothing major." She leaned back gently against the shelves, exhaling softly at all the catching up she'd have to do. "I have so much to catch up on." It was mostly muttered to herself in thought.

@giraffesarebetter

**Jax**

He smiles triumphantly and stands up straight. "So you do need help, then?" Jax was glad that he was right. As good as he's gotten at deducing, he still got things wrong quite often. Instead of being a Sherlock, he was more on the level of Post-Reichenbach John Watson who occasionally solved some cases. Jax sighs inwardly, thinking he knows too much about the BBC program. "What's your major?"

@Aes

**Luma**

Luma pulls out her phone and checks her calender. She's so bad at keeping track of anything in real life, she writes everything down so she won't foret. "Um... It looks like I'm free!" Luma smiles at Carmilla. "I'd love to do whatever, as long as you're there."

@ayezombie

"Meet me there at 7. That's when I get off." Carmilla said, writing her number down on one of the napkins laid on the table. Glancing up at the time, she realized she only had half an hour to get to the bar for her shift anyways.

"Text me if anything changes." She said before slipping the number on the table in front of her, and leaving a couple of bucks to pay for her meal tucked under the small white plate. She closing her book and throwing it in her bag, Carmilla stood up.

"I've got to hurry in now, but I'll see you later gorgeous." Carm hummed, blowing a kiss to the girl and walking out of the cafe. She felt bad for leaving so hastily, but she couldn't be late. Otherwise Jeanne would never let her live it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"English. I'm hoping to be a writer, or maybe one of those people that read for a living," Violet said, smiling at the books in front of her. She had always wanted to be an English major, purely because she liked reading and writing. While others may have thought about job opportunities, she merely followed what she liked. In many ways it was foolish, but she didn't really care. She flicked her curious gaze over to Jax. "What about you?"

@giraffesarebetter

A pair of boys can be seen walking down the ways, past the library on their way outside of the boundaries of the school campus. One is rather alternative while the other seems more reserved, but not by much. One seems to stoop as through making fun of the other before he is knocked away by his surprisingly strong twin, whining in a deep alto voice the oddly dressed one growls and grunts about how boring it was to come here day after day.

(@The Octopus Garden You can pretend to know them :D )

Starrla took Decim in to her shop and showed her the new layout and decor. " My favorite is the nice mocha colored walls, it seems creamy like a nice cup of coffee~." She said excitedly. She sat Decim down at a table and went to the kitchen and brought back a cup of almond coconut tea and a slice of the blueberry cake.

( Sorry for the late reply ;-; )

(Its all good^^)

Decim gazed around in surprise, she hadn't thought they would have changed the place so much. "Wow.." She breathed as she was sat at a clean table, "Its even managed to seem more homey." She giggled lightly a soft glint in her eyes as she looking around.

**Jax**

"Psychology." He says simply, as he begins to move toward the end of the shelf. "So, you need to get back into the whole 'college' thing, right?" Why the fuck am I talking so much? Jax thinks, biting his lip. It was very unlike him.

@Aes

**Luma**

Luma nods, typing the other girl's number into her phone. This was awesome. She grins as she takes out her notebook again and begins writing. This time, however, it was slower, her mind a bit preoccupied.

@ayezombie @anyone

Violet smiled wryly with a nod. "Yep. It's pretty unfortunate. I'm planning on studying for maybe a week to get the hang of things again." She was pleasantly surprised that he was actually conversing with her. Usually strangers just rushed past and went on their way. It was a nice change of pace.

@giraffesarebetter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back