• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Soulmates *Accepting*

Carmilla had been sitting in a small booth to the back, her left hand jotting some notes from the book to her right. Art History was a pain, especially when it came to note taking and studying. In the long run of it though she didn't mind, as it was something to do on her free time and the course delved into her favorite time periods.

Her food was still sitting untouched, and to be honest Carmilla wasnt even totally aware that it was there. It wasn't until one of the girl's working came by and refilled her coffee she even bothered to look up.

**Jax**

Jax sinks into a booth in the corner, his violin on the seat beside him, his bag on the floor. He waits patiently for the waitress, and takes out his phone, absent-mindedly scrolling through tumblr. He smirks at something, and types a bit before putting it away when the waitress comes over. She has his usual, and he smiles, again, unusual for him. "Thanks," he mumbles.

**Luma**

The blonde strolls into the cage and sits near the window, immediately taking out her notebook and a pen. She crosses her legs as to not give any views and looks around. She notices a pretty girl in the corner, looking a bit out of it. A notebook was in front of her as well, though there was also a textbook. Luma wonders what it's for, briefly, before opening her book and reading a bit before beginning to write, automatically lost in the fantasy world she was creating.

@ayezombie

The prompting rush of air and the ending of a paragraph detailing the life of 1920's surrealist Salvador Dali forced Carmilla once again to take her attention away from the task at hand. Across the way a view of a blonde girl feverishly writing in a notebook started to get sketched down onto Carm's note paper. Intruding on the side was her long hair and hand writing, notched into the free crescent space. It seemed fitting to her that the girl would be drawn in among the names of her favorite artists. Probably not very beneficial to studying, but definitely a pleasing way to pass the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**Luma**

After a bit, Luma starts to feel that weird sensation in the pit of you stomach when someone is staring at you. She looks first, toward the window, wondering if any of her friends were outside. Realizing that no, they had class, she turns to look in the opposite direction. She sees Jax, the tall senior who sometimes TA'd for her psychology professor, looking brooding as ever, and the girl she's noticed earlier. This time, however, the girl was also looking at her.

She kept glancing down at her page as well. 'Maybe she's drawing something outside...?' Luma thinks. She looks again to the window and sees nothing worth doodling. 'No way she's drawing me.' A slender hand tucks a piece of hair behind her ear, and she smiles at the girl. 'Should I wave? No... Yes?' Despite the small conflict in her head, Luma also throws a small wave toward the other side of the cafe.

@ayezombie

'And I'm caught'

Carm's stomach dropped and the blood rushed up her neck and into her face. She'd gotten caught before drawing people, but usually no one made an attempt at saying hello. Much less a smile, and much less a pretty girl.

An awkward smile crept onto her face and she waved back, running her hand through her already windswept looking hair. She moved her bookbag from the seat infront of her and nodded to the empty spot. Carmilla hoped the girl would come sit with her.

**Luma**

A blush creeps up the girl's face as she watches. It was kind of cute actually. She smiles back at Luma and runs a hand through her messy hair, which, Luma noted, was gorgeous and she wanted to describe detail for detail. Her mother always thought that was weird, her want to describe beautiful things.

The other girl moves her bag and nods to the now empty seat. Luma takes her braid in her hands and bites her lip before nodding and gathering her notebook into her arms. She slides into the seat and drops her bag beside her, laying the notebook on her lap.

"Hi," she says, making an attempt at feigning confidence. She smooths the sides of her skirt nervously and hopes the other girl doesn't see. "I'm Luma."

@ayezombie

To be quite honest, Taylor wanted no part in going to the library. She had an hour to kill before going to her class, but she figured she'd rather be wasting time talking to this boy than pretending to be interested in macroeconomics. The stain was still bothering her, but not as much as it did before. When the boy asked her where she was from, she gave a little smile. "Everywhere and nowhere. I guess if you count the last place I've lived in, it'd be Greece. I was born and somewhat raised in Seoul, South Korea, though."

Finding a table to sit at, Taylor set her Dolce and Gabbana purse down and pulled out a medium-sided book with three businesspeople smiling at the camera on the front cover. If only business was that happy, instead of the lies, corruption and backstabbing that it really was. Trying to shake off thoughts of her inevitable future, she decided to get to know the boy better. "Sorry, I didn't get your name. I'm Taylor. What'd you need to do here, anyway? I hope I'm not keeping you from anything."

Carmilla smiled, moving some of her things to give the girl more room on the table.

"I'm Carmilla, very nice to meet you." She said, looking down at her note doodles for a moment before realizing she should probably explain herself

"I was just uh, taking notes. And then you sat down and I got a little distracted." She said, turning the notebook around to Luma. Some of the pen had gotten smeared and there was a coffee stain in the corner, but otherwise it was organized chaos. Charts and timelines among bullets and paragraphs, then the portrait of Luma to the side.

**Luma**

Luna smiles and touches the drawing. "This is quite good." Looking over the rest of the notes, she sees that they're for art history. "Are you majoring in the arts?"

Luma always loved art of all kinds, ever since she was a kid. While all the other girls in her school were talking about their tattoos and soulmates, she was exploring her artistic ability. Instead of worrying over whether this fabled soulmate of hers was in the same state, she was worrying over fictional worlds and creating characters. Of all the arts, writing was her favorite, and the one she was best at.

@ayezombie

"Thank you. And yeah, I've been taking art history, liberal science classes, and graphic design." Carmilla said, happily surprised by her observational skills.

Carmilla loved art more than anything. A pile of blank canvases was the biggest sense of security for her, and using them her best vent. Music and physical arts were all she was ever really good at. While she was strong and liked to work out on occasion, she never liked to play sports or had the skill to. Math was and always has been her worst subject by far, ever since first grade. English was fun, and she loved to read old books on just about anything, when Carmilla wanted to write it just couldn't come to life. Her lyrics never turned out like she wanted, and stories never even finished, even if they were for a grade. So during high school most of her time was spent in the art or music rooms, keeping to what she knew how to do and felt comfortable with.

Violet felt awkward with the other two girls, so she decided to quietly back off. She realized that she would be starting school again right away. She had been sick and couldn't return to school, though she had recently regained much of her strength. She realized that she would be jumping headfirst into a school year where she had been absent for some time now. I should go to the library and find some material, or at least try. With a new found goal, she walked to the library and went in, examining the book spines as she slowly walked between the shelves.

**Luma**

"Me too. I'm majoring in creative writing." The girl smiles and taps her notebook. "So what year are you in?" Carmilla appeared to be pretty close to her age, but she was generally pretty bad at guessing that sort of thing just based on looks.

@ayezombie

**Jax**

As he takes a sip of his tea, Jax's phone chimes, notifying him of a text message.

-hey bro meet me in the library I need ur notes-

He sighs, puts his phone in his pocket, and pays for his drink. He slowly but surely makes his way to the library.

-I'm here. Where are you?-

Jax texts back, fully aware his roommate wouldn't be there for another 20 minutes, at least. He begins to browse the shelves to waste time until he got an answer.

@Aes

"Second. I took a year off getting out of highschool to save up some money."

Luma was proving to be extremely intreaging, not just by the way her eyes lit up but in how she was already dying to know more about the girl.

"What about you?

Violet began to take books from the shelves that she felt would help her prepare for her reentrance into school. As she entered a new aisle of shelves of books, saw a dark blue book at one of the higher shelves on math that she felt would be useful. Reaching up, she realized that it was just out of her reach. However, instead of finding a stool of some sort, she decided that if she just reached a little higher, she could get it. Unfortunately, that was not the case. As she reached up, she lost her balance which caused her to push some of the books off. It would've been only a little embarrassing if there only weren't someone else in the aisle with her.

What was wrong with her today?? It felt like minutes that her gaze was fixed on him (though in reality was no more than 2-3 seconds), suddenly self conscious and worried of her reputation to this complete stranger. She felt a rush of heat run to her cheeks as she fixed her wide eyed surprised expression to one of sheepish apologetic and sighing softly to herself. Today was just not her day.

@giraffesarebetter

Kyler chose the seat across from the woman—Taylor, as he came to find out. He set his bag to the side, leaning it against the chair he was currently occupying. He unzipped the bag and pulled his phone out from the main pocket, setting it down on the table in front of him.

“Kyler,” he answered Taylor, offering the woman a small smile. “Don’t worry about it; today’s one of my free days. I’m just here to browse, for the most part.” Free Wi-Fi was a nice bonus that came with going to the library, too. A couple notifications greeted Kyler when he brought his phone to life. The dark-haired man smirked slightly to himself as he read his sister’s text message: Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Kyler switched off his phone a few seconds after checking it. He would have to think of something puntastic to send back to his sister later. Right now, he found talking to Taylor to be more interesting than anything he could be doing with his phone.

“What are you majoring in?” Kyler spoke up once more, glancing at Taylor and then briefly at the book in front of her. Had she come to the library for studying purposes? Kyler hoped not; he didn’t want to hold her up.

@Dadamato

**Jax**

The sudden fall of the books caused Jax to jump, initially. He picks up one of the books, a blue one, and peeks through the area the fallen books once sat. What he saw, albeit now blushing and wide-eyed, was one of the girls he'd noticed outside.

"Which one were you trying to get?" He whispered, picking up the other two books. Jax takes a few long strides and emerges in the same aisle as Violet, carrying the three books in one of his large hands.

@Aes

**Luma**

"I'm a sophomore too!" Luma grins, at the realization. "I didn't skip a year though." She was glad to have found a new friend, it wasn't often that happened in a town as small as this. Carmilla was obviously smart, judging by her notes, Plus she was an artist. A good one at that, too. It didn't hurt that she was attractive, either. 'I wonder if she's holding out for a match...' Luma wonders.

@ayezombie

Starrla grinned “ Nice! Well maybe not joe…he’s a little weird.” She said chuckling then her mouth turned to a perfect o as Decim showed her the tattoo. “ That’s so cool!! Arg!! I wish i would have been with you when you got it!” The tattoo was really cool and Starrla was feeling a bit jealous she had a fear of needles and it was even a problem when she went to the doctors for a check up so the only tattoo she had was the one she was born with. Taking Decim’s hands and squeezing them she squealed “ Lets go to the shop!! I want to show you all the new stuff i did” She said grinning.

Grinning widely at Starrla's automatic acceptance she nods, "Of course! I've missed the shop, I don't know how I went this long without it.. Really I mean, the Starbucks coffee is...." She make a face, "Sweet." She looks over and her friend before walking in the direction of the shop, "But the Shop, it just knows my taste-buds so well." Decim grinned again her dimples cutting through her plump cheeks like she had something poking into her cheeks.

Taylor flipped the pages quickly, then closed her book. If she looked somewhat disheartened, she didn't care. She felt like she knew so much about her future career that college classes such as this one didn't even matter. Shrugging halfheartedly, she answered, "Business administration. Whoop-de-doo. Please tell me you have something more exciting than mine."

The petite Korean girl knew that she sounded less-than-thrilled. Business wasn't really a major to be enthusiastic about, anyway. Pushing her raven hair back, she heaved a great sigh. She could really go for a nice nap right now, if not a trip to the spa. A collagen facial makes everything better. Anywhere was better than here. Taylor spied the boy browse his phone for a bit more as she decided to make this more into a meaningful conversation instead of some pointless small talk. "Why were you looking so glum a couple minutes ago? I'm sure it couldn't be worse than spilling some cheap latte on a five hundred dollar scarf."

@The Octopus Garden

Kyler had to restrain himself from making a face when Taylor revealed her major. He had to agree with her sentiment; there was little appeal to an office job. Who wanted to be stuck indoors all day, attending meetings and doing some CEO’s busywork? At the end of the day, it didn’t sound all that rewarding to him. He wanted to be outside, dealing more with animals and nature than with people, preferably.

“Mm?” Kyler caught Taylor’s eye, startled by the inquiry. “Oh, yeah. That,” the man let out a short laugh, fiddling with the wristband of his watch. “Okay. Well, to be honest, the main reason I came here was to return some books I owe,” he admitted, glancing sheepishly to the side. “I, uh, forgot them back at the apartment, though.” He blamed it on the parasite paper—the damned thing had put his head into a frazzle throughout the entire week.

@Dadamato

Taking Decim's hand Starrla leads her to the shop " Starbucks is okay for on the run....i guess. But!! I made a new cake recipe and a new blend of tea! You have to try it~" She told Decim excitedly. It really had been a long time since she had seen her friend and seeing her made her realized that she missed her quite a lot.

Carmilla smiled, and took another swig from the coffee she had gotten earlier. "I'm surprised I haven't seen you around here before. Are you from this town?" She asked. Carmilla had always been here, and she wasn't sure where to go after this. Granted she had moved out on her own, it was only a small drive out of the main part of town to find her mothers house.

Violet picked up a few of the books and began to place them back on the shelves. When he came over, she felt as if she had caused him trouble until he asked her which book she wanted. Grateful, she pointed out the dark blue one a couple shelves above. "That one," she whispered back, wondering why he was bothering to help her. After all, he didn't cause this mess. With that, she picked up two more, glanced at their covers, and put them in what seemed like the appropriate spot. A few of them came from shelves that she could barely reach, but she would worry about those when she came to them.

@giraffesarebetter

Her grin widening seeing that her friend's feelings on their separation was mutual, nodding enthusiastically at all Starrla's comments. Eyes lighting up at the idea of a new cake, her eyebrows raising at the sound of a new tea blend. "New? What combinations did you use?" Decim asked her fiery hair flying about in the wind as it fought them through the walk.

"Shit its cold.." Decim muttered, before pressing her fingers to her lips a light blush coating her cheeks. "Ah- sorry. I've been letting more and more curses pass my lips lately.. I guess I'm agitated at Joe or something." She reasoned her eyebrows drawn closer.

Waving her hand dismissively as though dismissing the thoughts Decim smiled, "Come on I really want to try this new stuff!" She exclaimed, her previous excitement resuming its place on her face.

@Wynn

Last edited by a moderator:
**Jax**

He reaches up, his shirt riding up slightly, exposing a strip of his lower stomach. "Here," he says, taking the book that was just over his eye level and handing it to her. He smirks and raises an eyebrow at the girl; she was at least a foot shorter than him, if not more. Why she tried to get the book, Jax didn't know.

"What's your name?" He asked, as he knelt to retrieve the remaining books. After checking the call numbers, he places them where they belong.

@Aes

**Luma**

"I grew up a few towns over, actually." Luna smiles, drawing patterns on the table absently. "Not as far away from home as I would like, but hey. What're you gonna do?" She takes her braid and moves it over her shoulder, then back again. "Are you from here?"

@ayezombie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back