• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Soul Manifestors OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
I think Laukai would make for a good leader type. I mean, his character practically says it all: even his abilities are leader-based. I'm fine with that, because I am a terrible leader myself. Alois is more of the "you say jump, I say 'how high'" kinda guy. It would prove for an interesting dynamic.

Oh! The Good Doctor The Good Doctor That reminds me, seeing as our characters are from the same nation/somewhat similar backgrounds, how would that tie our characters, if at all?

I think if it were a situation where oru characters first met, I think Bertrum would respect Alois more than anybody else. Since they are effectively the tank and ranged characters, I think it would be cool if they had a "you set um up and I'll knock them down" kind of relationship on the battlefield where I would draw all the attention and you could pick people off easily.

Pretty much any part of him, just what you think of him so far
It's hard to say since the CS only scratches the surface, but what would Laukai think of his manifestation's name? That his manifestation lauded him as a beacon of hope? Rouge for example doesn't like her manifestation's name since she think it mocks her.

Honestly I think if we we're starting with doing the final test the spoilers are less necessary but eh

Anyway, Ace Cream Ace Cream I feel like he'd be embarrassed about it, perhaps a bit superstitious about prophecy.

Honestly I think if we we're starting with doing the final test the spoilers are less necessary but eh

Anyway, @Ace Cream I feel like he'd be embarrassed about it, perhaps a bit superstitious about prophecy.
Yeah, with how the CS structured I thought we're gonna start as a fresh batch of amateur manifestors.

Also, that's a nice reaction, now we know a bit more about Laukai.

That's something we can discuss. Maybe a year? Long enough to have decided to band together as mercs.
This will implies that our characters forms a band of mercs first before joining the manifestor monastery though, which will contradict some characters that has specific motivation to join the monastery. I suggest we started already at monastery, a character can come to the monastery in the range of one year to one week prior, this way we can skip the introduction while keeping the relationship development more naturally.

The problem is that it's seeming like I need to rework the whole plot in that case. *Something* has to give here.

Like, if a character wouldn't join their friends and be mercs, then either

1. They really just can't be fit into the RP

2. We go back to my Big Bad plot

3. I don't know what else to do

The plot where we survive the monastery being destroyed and thus band together was the original idea.

Sorry. Today isn't very good.

So character idea, younger person in the group who took to the training fairly well and has a talent for the manifesting. He was taken from his home at a very young age so he doesn’t really remember his family very well.

I'm currently developing my character but after reading this I am confused how should I craft it. Are we starting as a band of mercenaries or as younglings obtaining their manifestation names?

I'm currently developing my character but after reading this I am confused how should I craft it. Are we starting as a band of mercenaries or as younglings obtaining their manifestation names?
No matter what we're young adults about to do the test for their soul names. :)

I mean. Something that we could do is have the characters do the test and kill the giant beast, them all surviving but returning to find the monastery burned.

Or we do the original idea where they survive the attack and don't get their soul names yet. Either way, we may have been thinking too much because I don't see why we can't have the big bad *and* merc action.

This would only leave the issue that the characters probably at least saw each other at times.

I mean. Something that we could do is have the characters do the test and kill the giant beast, them all surviving but returning to find the monastery burned.

Or we do the original idea where they survive the attack and don't get their soul names yet. Either way, we may have been thinking too much because I don't see why we can't have the big bad *and* merc action.

This would only leave the issue that the characters probably at least saw each other at times.
Yeah, I'm okay with changes as long as you decisive with it. This is something that you shouldn't let people influence you too much.

I would like to say we stick with the original plan, with the Big Bad and also merc action. We'll end up as survivors and band together.

If people want pre-existing relationships, that's fine. If they'd rather be less close at the start, that is also fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back