• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Kurotsuki

One body, many minds
Here's where the 1x1 Soul Eater AU rp with ThomasYeagger ThomasYeagger will take place.
It will partially follow the canon story, but certain major aspects will be omitted or changed.
There will be new ocs and ships.
For timeline reference: Beginning around episode 7 of the Soul Eater anime, Crona's debut appearance (Demon Sword arc)

RP START

A figure appeared, hovering on a broomstick in the night sky, and another on the roof of the Santa Mario Novella Basilica building.

"If that Demon Swordsman can't do it, I'm eating their souls instead," the person on the roof said to the other, looking down upon the cathedral. It would normally be empty that late at night, but that night was different. Inside a group of sixty or so people had gathered, members of the Materazzi gang. In the middle of the crowd stood a single person, the pink-haired meister named Crona.

"Patience, girl. You will have your chance. Crona is more than capable of completing this task,โ€ the witch responded.

"Just because you're a witch doesn't mean you get to control me... I get that they're your kid but I'm here of my own free will."

"Don't be too sure of that."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" the person on the roof growled up at the other.

"Nothing, nothing," they replied. "You can go inside and watch if you want, but don't interfere."

The figure on the roof scowled and disappeared without another word.

Night had fallen. The scythe meister Maka and her partner, Soul, had just completed their supplementary lesson in Italy, and were ready to head back to the academy. But Maka sensed something nearby, something that shouldn't be there.

"Soul, wait..." she concentrated on the building it was coming from. She could sense the souls of a weapon and meister, surrounded by a large group of human souls. There was someone else there as well, but she couldn't recognize it as a human, witch, or kishin, so she had no idea what it was.

Last edited:
Crona stood there, in their usual black dress, wearing their usual cold, yet anxious face. They knew they had to give in, and anyway, Ragnarok was there to make sure of that. Quickly enough black blood turned into a black blade in their hand, and so began the slaughter.

In just a mere few minutes, the whole gang had been decimated, and there stood the crazy character, breathing in as Ragnarok gathered and ate the souls of their victims. None of the duo had said anything so far, just being awfully cold.

" You sucked tonight Crona ! We should have killed them in less than a minute, move your lazy ass faster next time!"

" I'm sorry... " Were the only words they exchanged as the black blooded weapon feasted on their victims' souls.

Something moved in the corner of their vision. Somebody else was there. When trying to sense their soul, they appeared to be a normal person, but of course that was impossible. They'd just killed all the humans, so who remained with them, lurking in the shadows and perhaps even watching them..?

Ragnarok, the huge and muscular shape above Crona's back seemed to realize first. He had already eaten all the souls around them anyway, so he pinched Crona's cheek.

" Someone's peeping on us right now Crona, watch out"Said the creature.

"Where ? Didn't we kill everyone already ? "

" It's different, maybe not even human" It answered as its face turned around, looking at the whole room to spot this intruder.

A vague shadow figure stood, watching them, in a dark corner. It melted into the shadows as soon as they laid eyes on it.

Before they could do anything about it, the doors to the basilica creaked open, and in came two people; a girl and a boy, the scythe meister Maka and her weapon partner, Soul. The girl stopped to gawk at Crona and Ragnarok, clearly not believing what she was seeing. The boy seemed pretty disinterested and simply trailed behind her.

Crona was nervously scaning through the room as well, yet the shadow seemed to disappear quickly enough. At that moment, the door opened and walked in 2 other people.

" So many people... " Said Crona as Ragnarok inspected them.

" I told you you were to slow to kill them all ! Now we have company !"

" Sorry... But they should just die, right ?" Said Crona with a weird grin on their face.

And with that Ragnarok turned into a black sword in Crona's hand.

" Who are you ?" they asked then, their voice pretty cold and emotionless.

"Are you students? I haven't seen you around the DWMA..." Maka said, motioning to Soul to transform. He nodded and turned into a scythe. "Scythe meister Maka, and my partner is Soul. The hunting of human souls is strictly forbidden. We're here to stop you." She paused and looked around, confused. "There should be somebody else here, I'm sensing another soul..."

"Who cares? If they show their face we'll take them down too," Soul replied. "Just hurry up, it's time to go home already."

Maka nodded in response and looked at Crona. "You should surrender now. We don't want to hurt you."

Crona laughed in a calm, evil way as they observed the 2 intruders as they spoke. They were weapon and meister, somehow like Ragnarock and Crona, but they didn't they they'd be endangered by a duo of kids like this one.

"Maka and soul..? You should just die please" Said they as they brandished their sword in their direction.

"Looks like we'll have to fight..." Maka got into a battle stance, prepared to attack or defend themselves if need be. Then she began to get a bit distracted again.

"What is is now, Maka?"

"That soul, it's still here. I can't tell if it's a human, or a witch, or even a kishin, but that wavelength means trouble," she said to herself. "Who's here with you? There's another person in this building," she yelled, demanding an answer from Crona. An answer they couldn't give.

The shadow person was indeed still there, watching the interaction. Being around other powerful souls excited them, increasing the power of their own wavelength. They wanted to see blood spilled, and if that Demon Swordsman couldn't kill these kids on their own, they'd be sure to finish the job...

Crona stared at the duo, with an annoyed, maybe even bored expression. They didn't have to answer these kids, and they didn't know who this person was neither, which bothered them, and they would not share that.

"That Maka talks to much, please just die already so I can go away from this place"

They said without moving from their position. It was likely Crona didn't feel the need to attack first. Black blood offered a pretty tough defense anyway, these kids would soon find themselves perfectly hopeless.

"We won't fight you unless we have to," Maka insisted. "We don't want anyone to get hurt."

"Maka, come on," Soul complained. "Just attack already, they're not going down without a fight. We're wasting time."

"Just kill them already, dammit," a harsh voice spoke up out of nowhere. It sounded as if it came from right behind Crona and Ragnarok, but there was no one there.

Crona nervously turned around, trying to spot the origin of this voice, yet no one was to be seen. They turned again, and sighed... It looked like fighting was a bother, they didn't want it, yet they'd have to. These two kids had to be taken down so Crona could run away from this place, or find this other mysterious intruder.
Crona cut their own wrist a little bit, and with that, projected a wave of black blood right to Soul and Maka with a tremendous strength and speed, ravaging the floor on its way.

"What the-" Maka couldn't move out of the way in time, so she did her best to block the attack with the scythe, hoping Soul wouldn't be hurt. "Black... blood? What is this guy?"

"I don't know but we'd better take them down quickly!"

Maka ran at them and attacked, with a swing that could have cut a normal person's head clean off. It was stopped by the black blood, and she momentarily froze in surprise, staring.

Crona seemed pleased the first attack reached its target, yet it wasn't enough, and soon enough Maka was on them, striking with this scythe.

Dark blood indead stopped Soul's blade right on contact, and Crona didn't suffer any injury from it, her smirk widened and got even more... insane ? As her right arm moved around and swung the black sword toward them, aiming for Maka's head.

Maka wasn't fast enough to block this time and went flying, hurt but still miraculously able to get back up and keep fighting after a moment.

The mysterious person, who seemed to be nowhere and everywhere at once, watched the battle unfold. They got a rush of sadistic satisfaction watching the scythe meister's futile attacks fail again and again. They were no match for a demon weapon, although if it had been them, they'd have killed those kids already.

"Quit screwing around and kill them both," the distant voice spoke to Crona again. This time they didn't disappear fast enough, allowing the meister to catch a glimpse of them fleeing into the shadows.

(Edit: typo lol)

Crona had an obvious advantage, Maka was being overwhelmed by their strength and steel defense. Right as Maka would land and stand up, Crona sent another wave of Black Blood right to her, sweeping through many pillars on its way and tunring the church into a real mess. The voice was heard again, another distraction as Crona nervously looked around, only to catch a very quick glimpse of this person.

" W-who is that ? Why don't you die too and leave me alone ! I want to leave this place now... "

The fight went on between Maka and the demon blade. They fought for a moment, Maka losing completely until she was saved by Stein, wielding her father.
Crona was defeated easily by Stein, and taken back to the DWMA, ragnarok's souls were taken away by Master Shinigamy, and so time went by, with Crona turning into a DWMA student and befriending Maka.

The day after Crona's trial class and the re-emergence of Arachne, another new student had appeared at the DWMA. There was no announcement, no introduction, or anything, she just simply appeared that morning. Maka thought her wavelength felt familiar, but assumed it had to be her imagination.

Within the first hour of being there, the new student beat up Black*Star, and not long after got into a fight with Death the Kid, which ended in a draw. Nobody had any idea who this girl was or where she came from, but she was strong, and seemingly had no partner. Weapon or meister, it was unclear.

That day, this girl wasn't the only new student. Later on after these fights, passed Noon, 2 other young people arrived in school. Word had been heard that they were from Scandinavia or Russia, and it seemed that professor Marie was kind of surprised by this.
Their name wasn't known yet, as a couple of tall teens walked into class right as it was about to start. They were two blond heads, and rather tall. The male towered maybe at 6 feet tall, and had long blond hair, tied into a braid behind his head. He looked to be physically strong. The girl by his side was slightly shorter, but still quite tall for their age. Her face looked fairly similar to the boy, her hair was shorter though, untied and falling messily around her head.
" We're Allen and Anna Gungnir, nice to meet you all " Said Anna as they both inspected the classroom. Maka would feel even their soul wavelengths were
quite similar to each other, they were almost like twins, in all aspect but size.

Rumors had already begun to spread about the first new student, mainly about her defeating Black Star in battle. Of course he denied it, but Tsubaki being the honest soul she was admitted to them losing the fight. Kid seemed a bit off that morning too, clearly bothered by something.

The new girl - her name unknown - walked into class right before it was to begin, barely on time. There was no one with her, but she almost seemed to be emitting two slightly different wavelengths. She took her seat without bothering to introduce herself, apparently not affected by the many small injuries she received from the fights that morning. Black Star silently glared at her, as did Kid. She ignored them, as the class began and the teacher started talking about soul resonance.

As class started the 2 siblings just walked to a set of free seats. They listened to the teacher, yet somehow they looked bored about it. They would often exchange a few words discreetly, they were close to each other.
After some time though, teacher Sid would catch them talking, and would scold them a little bit.

" Since you two seem to know better already, why don't you come here and show us what you can do mh ?"

The two blond heads looked at each other and grinned a little bit. In unison they stood up and walked downstairs. The man turned to Sid and asked in a playful way.

" Okay then, which of us is wielding who ?"

The question startled Sid. He quickly looked at his sheets and seemed to understand. " Oh ehm... Since you're asking Allen, you're to be the meister this time. "

They both nodded and Anna swiftly turned into a long, and heavy looking spear. It looked very finely made, with a golden finish and a two edged blade on the end, with a nicely curved, symetrical guard and some carved runes on the blade. Allen held her in one hand, resting its bottom on the floor as he closed his eyes. Instantly, they soulwaves got in unison, and boosted each other a lot. They kept it raising for a while until it calmed down and Allen opened his eyes, smirking at Sid who wasn't expecting them to success so much.

" We're twins professor. We're naturally in resonance with each other "

The new girl simply stared blankly, seeming bored. She didn't have a partner, so she never had to resonate with anyone. Unless you count two halves of the same soul...
She was a bit surprised no one had figured her out yet. That scythe meister, Maka, could see people's souls, so how in the world hadn't they noticed something was wrong? Her soul wasn't like a normal human's, since she simply wasn't a normal human. She wasn't human at all.

"Ugh, all these souls are making me hungry..." she muttered to herself. She hadn't gone hunting the previous night and regretted it deeply. She still needed to gather lots more souls, that's why becoming a DWMA student was the perfect cover. She could lie and say she wanted to become a death scythe, when really that wasn't the reason she was collecting so many souls.

She wanted to become a kishin, was already partway there. But somehow, miraculously, nobody seemed to notice nor care.

After the little show from the twins, Sid thanked them and let them go back to their seats. He couldn't be mad because they did it perfectly, yet they were naturally gifted, and being twins only helped.
" Fine, but do you think you could do that with someone else as a partner ? I think you should still listen and learn" He eventually told them.

Classes went by like that, the twins didn't really mix up with other students yet, but Anna seemed pretty interested in Soul. Allen was more introvert, or so he looked to be. As Sid told them they could go, the twins quickly walked out, yet Anna climbed onto Allen's arm, urging him to wait there, she wanted to socialize now, as they watched people walk out of class.

"Hey, Soul? Would you mind staying here for a minute, I need to talk to the new student," Maka said to Soul after class. He shrugged, and she took that as a yes, approaching the girl who had beaten Black Star. "Hey, I'm Maka. I never caught your name?"

The girl looked at Maka with a blank expression, clearly disinterested if not a bit annoyed. "It's Shiko."

"Right..." Maka tried to think of something to say. "Well, welcome to the DWMA. Are you a weapon or a meister?"

"I don't appreciate being asked so many questions," the new girl, Shiko, disregarded her question and turned to leave. She spotted Crona out of the corner of her eye and stopped. "... You could say I'm a weapon." She looked over towards Crona, her expression changing to mild disgust or anger. The Demon Swordsman had the nerve to join the DWMA, after everything they'd done? After all the souls Shiko could have taken for herself if they hadn't gotten to them first? She still remembered the fight in Italy like it was yesterday. That coward couldn't even kill a meister much weaker than them.

Anna and Allen waited there, by the exit of the class. Anna looked just like a regular girl in this moment, she wanted to catch this Soul and talk with him, while Allen just waited after his sister, with a bored look on his face.
Crona caught Shiko's eyes and shivered from it, they stood up and moved away quickly, in order to be left alone as they always preferred.
Anna kept looking inside, excitedly. Once she caught eyes on Soul, waiting for Maka, she went inside the classroom again and waved at him.
" Ehm... Hiii ! I'm Anna, new here" She said then, sweetly, her ice blue eyes inspecting his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back