• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sorcerers of Algoren OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hey can someone explain these proficiencies? Like are they the three types of magic your character knows or something else? Also, how are diety based Magic’s gonna work? Is there a limit to how many times we can call on the diety per day?

Hey, before I get into too far: can I ask what demon-kin will look like? Will it be like a tiefling? And is there any specific things to note with race relations?

Hey can someone explain these proficiencies? Like are they the three types of magic your character knows or something else? Also, how are diety based Magic’s gonna work? Is there a limit to how many times we can call on the diety per day?
Proficiences can be classified as magic that you are good at using. Anything that you are not proficient in you would have a little more trouble casting. In terms of overall magic, You guys are at the lower end of the spectrum at Tier 2 casters due to you guys not having too much experience in magic casting. However, my assumption is that you guys cannot cast very much for very long without injuring yourself. In terms of overall casting ability and divine magics, I would say that simple spells such as healing/light/firebolt etc, you can cast a great deal. However, in terms of the more powerful spells, you wont be able to cast them for an extended period or very many of them as a whole. Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Hey, before I get into too far: can I ask what demon-kin will look like? Will it be like a tiefling? And is there any specific things to note with race relations?
Exactly, Demonkin can be akin to Tieflings and that what I imagined when creating the race. However, in terms of overall race relations, everyone gets along with the exception of Angel-kin vs Demon-kin. Theres a slight mistrust between the two races due to their origin, but more often than not they will work together for the betterment of society. That doesn't mean that everything is all fine and dandy though. A good deal of the conflicts (which you will learn about in the RP) started due to this mistrust and you will also learn about the more animalistic races that will pop up eventually. Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Wondertainment Wondertainment
How paramount is the inclusion of the repeating crossbow to your character? I would think that a repeating crossbow would be a bit out of the question right now without a really good reason, but that doesnt mean you wont get one in the RP, you'd just have to build it.(There may or may not be a character that shares your character's interests)

That was a lot, hope that answers everyone's questions!

Oh! Small tidbits now, but I was wondering on how illusion or enchantment magic will be like? I don't want to accidentally godmod after all, especially with enchantment.

Oh! Small tidbits now, but I was wondering on how illusion or enchantment magic will be like? I don't want to accidentally godmod after all, especially with enchantment.
Enchantment magic right now is simply granting bonuses to how fast someone is or how strong they are, nothing major yet. Once you head to the next tier, you'll get to do things as charm people (nothing is stopping you from charming people right now non magically ;D ) As for Illusions; no major illusions such as walking talking experiences, more like images that you can clearly tell is an illusion. Sounds are also something you can create with illusion magic currently, but again nothing major yet.

Oh one major thing I forgot to clarify! Angel Kin and Demon kin are not full angels/demons. They are humans with Angel/Demon ancestors(several generations); feel as though I needed to make that clear.

Oh dude, can you give me a refresher on necromancy again? I think I remember reviving someone is out of the question as well as pulling skeletons out of the ground right? So what can the good part of the field of necromancy do?

Oh dude, can you give me a refresher on necromancy again? I think I remember reviving someone is out of the question as well as pulling skeletons out of the ground right? So what can the good part of the field of necromancy do?
Sure thing!

Necromancy as a whole relates to manipulating the life force of an individual; which can be done in both good terms and bad. Before I go further, the healing spells in this story are classified as evocation(you're sending out a burst of positive energy to heal someone instead of manipulating their life force, external force meets internal force). Most necromancy is used for inherently bad actions, but some of the good things that it can do are as follows. Bolster someone's life force temporarily, prevent a corpse from becoming undead, and speaking with the dead(the later two are things that Emoldina greatly appreciates as she hates undead as its a perversion of life). The more grey areas are in terms of Resurrection. The whole reason Resurrection is bad is because it wrecks the natural progression; of course Emoldina has been known to allow resurrection if the individual who died died too young or it wasn't their time yet. Its the usage of resurrection for someone who is supposed to be dead and remain dead thats inherently bad(once again, there have been instances where Emoldina allows it, but its very rare.)

Hoh, I see that Maki's studies would be going against her deity's wishes. Man, a vision to kick her to the right path would be great.

How about, say, summoning a bunch of skeletons arms from beneath to hold someone down? Would that be considered inherently bad?

Hoh, I see that Maki's studies would be going against her deity's wishes. Man, a vision to kick her to the right path would be great.

How about, say, summoning a bunch of skeletons arms from beneath to hold someone down? Would that be considered inherently bad?
That's a tough question. If you didn't know that there were skeletons then its a pass. If you do so and you know there are skeletons nearby and willingly cast it then that's inherently bad.

Still a good thought on your part I'll run with your Vision suggestion
Edit: I mean using bones in the area not conjuring phantom bones, those are fine.

That's a tough question. If you didn't know that there were skeletons then its a pass. If you do so and you know there are skeletons nearby and willingly cast it then that's inherently bad.

Still a good thought on your part I'll run with your Vision suggestion
Edit: I mean using bones in the area not conjuring phantom bones, those are fine.

Imagine researching into bringing some skeleton to life and Emoldina smacks your head and tells you what the fuck

Oh sweet. Good thing conjuration can mimic it

Imagine researching into bringing some skeleton to life and Emoldina smacks your head and tells you what the fuck

Oh sweet. Good thing conjuration can mimic it
Yeah as long as you aren't willingly messing with the dead and instead want to give off the feeling she doesn't give a flying. If you actually mess with it on purpose she'll smack you with her staff mentally.

EDIT: "Follow my rules and I dont care what you do, but mess with the dead and we have a major problem between us."

Yeah as long as you aren't willingly messing with the dead and instead want to give off the feeling she doesn't give a flying. If you actually mess with it on purpose she'll smack you with her staff mentally.

EDIT: "Follow my rules and I dont care what you do, but mess with the dead and we have a major problem between us."

Emoldina being the chill deity is what I live for. But please, do smack my child when she's about to do something she shouldn't.

Also, speaking with the dead works like, touching a skeleton and giving it temporary life or just passively seeing ghosts?

Emoldina being the chill deity is what I live for. But please, do smack my child when she's about to do something she shouldn't.

Also, speaking with the dead works like, touching a skeleton and giving it temporary life or just passively seeing ghosts?
You must touch the skeleton and you give it temporary life until the spell ends.

Now that I have access to a computer...It's time to get this character out of my head. I've spent the entire day thinking about them, so I'm glad to finally be able to start writing.

Oh another question

Can I assume that followers of Emoldina preside over burial rites and the likes? To prevent the dead from coming back and all?

apprentice.

Roger. I'll have it so that she spent a long time in learning how to live by Emoldina's teachings and it was only recently that she was brought along to shadow other priests and priestesses to officiate burials and such. Then she got an invitation to the academy so now she's continuing her studies alone.

Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Oh I don’t need it to be repeating, I thought it’d just represent that Karl’s constantly tinkering. I’ll just make it a regular crossbow, then.
As much as I'd love for Zenima to have a repeating crossbow as well(the thought occured to me that i should probably keep it within whatever constitutes normal within a fantasy magical medieval society XD. So thank you for changing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back