• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sommerstone Streets [Interest Check/recruitment]

Trevor B Harper

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘œ๐’น๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‡'๐“ˆ ๐’Ÿ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”
Welcome to a new idea I came up with a while ago. It is a world I created within my mind while at the dentist's office and now I want to make it a reality. Here's a little backstory:

Those who know about it call it the Void. I mean, the name does fit the surroundings of the place. It used to be a clone of Earth with all the same towns, people, landscapes and inventions. It even had it's own identical universe. The only thing that was different there was that whenever people would dream on Earth, they switch places and the Void self wakes up to do the daily routine. That was until 1953. A person accessed the world through their dreams. Everything changed that night. The world started going out of balance. Into chaos. While our Earth stayed the same, the Void crumbled. Meteors hit everywhere, floods demolished cities, huge hurricanes destroyed landscapes, earthquakes leveled the buildings. The person who accessed the world, known as Phil Carter, never came back to Earth. He died there.

During the following year, more and more people traveled to the Void accessing their other halfs that survived the "apocalypse" of the Void. They've gathered up into cities and by 2014 they've established communities in a world that was cursed. The world they knew back on Earth had no longer existed in the Void. It has become a rotten place where most of the trees are dead, the sun rarely ever peeks an eye, rain and fog assault the ground each day and only few cities still survive. Crops are extremely difficult to grow, animals only live in dense forests that have been affected less and frankly, life under water has gone completely extinct.

Communities try to survive in cities that have been less damaged by the floods, earthquakes and hurricanes. However, not only do the extreme circumstances get in the way, but also the creatures that adapted, mutated, and now are nothing but pure evil. They hunt whenever they can and whatever they find, however, are scared of huge populations, so cities are untouched most of the time. No one in the Void survives without a duty. Especially in Sommerstone as they call it. A town in central US. The community in this town was separated into several groups:

โ€ข Farmers - the lowest class survivors, those who can't do anything else that might come in handy and just plant and harvest crops for food. Sadly, there's not much land to grow crops on around Sommerstone so they travel to farther lands to grow crops, making patches of farms all around their area and bringing back what they grow.

โ€ข Medics - a class of survivors without which Sommerstone would go extinct. Former doctors, sons and daughters of medical practitioners. They tend wounds of those wounded on journeys, in battle or in town.

โ€ข Soldiers - muscular men, agile teenagers and women who devote their lives to the protection of farmers during travels and the town itself.

โ€ข Scientists - the smartest kind of people in Sommerstone who stay in their research labs and basements studying ways to improve life and essentially find a way back to Earth.

โ€ข Hunters/Scavengers - the people who are not afraid to face death. They travel the former US in search of meat, valuable tools and other items that can improve their lives.

and much more...

Anyone interested?

Brokeeen! Long time no see!

Interested. It reminds me of another roleplay I joined awhile back. One thing that I'm a bit concerned about it the lack of roles, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back