• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Somebody I Used To Know | Main

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Grayson Moore

When the host of the show announced that the losing couples would be making dinner for themselves, Grayson had admitted that he wouldn't be much help because he could only make rudimentary food that was more fit for hungry teens than adults. The tall man had thought that would get him out of being responsible for cooking, but much to his surprise, the other guys offered words in support of the snack foods. Sounds like a win-win to me. Enjoy your fancy feast, Abe, we're going to have a blast here without you. Cain smirked at his brother before heading to the house, and Gray chuckled a little at the sibling rivalry. He'd never had any siblings, so he'd never had anyone so close to him to compete with, and was half envious of the brothers for having each other on this show- even if they were competitors.

Declan clasped Gray on the shoulder, bringing him out of his thoughts, and he glanced up to catch Kaya's grin. He shot her a smirk when she offered to make the drinks, nodding. "I don't think any of us are fancy enough to turn down a drink..." His arm found its way around Corryn, and he turned his attention to the one dissenting voice. Mac and cheese and pizza bagels sound like a college kid's dream, she responded with sarcasm. Gray just shrugged, telling the blonde that she could take the lead then, giving her shoulders a little squeeze.

Grayson freed Corryn from his hold as the couples all made their way back to their rooms, and he followed her up the stairs, admiring his view. She announced that she wanted to shower, and sure enough disappeared into the bathroom once they were in the room to do so. When Cory emerged once more, clean and in a new change of clothes, she looked relaxed, and Gray felt an odd wave of nostalgia wash over him. Recently, the marketing exec had only seen his ex dressed to the nines in business or evening wear attire. Even her workout outfit for the challenge had shown she meant business, but her white crop top and jeans were casual. And Gray hadn't seen casual Cory in a while.

The blonde offered Grayson a smile, perhaps catching him staring for a moment too long, and he returned it. You want to shower before we head downstairs? I'd like to think we can do better than mac and cheese and pizza bagels. The brunette laughed a little with a carefree shrug of the shoulder. "Hey, the others didn't seem to mind... but I won't stand in your way if you want to be the head chef and make us something more refined." He replied, rising from where he leaned against the footboard of the bed. "I'd be surprised if this house had mac and cheese stocked anyways." Gray added with a smirk as he moved past Cory and walked into the bathroom.

It didn't take Grayson long to shower, and he emerged from the steamy bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips. At this point, there was no need to pretend to be modest. He and Cory would be roommates for the foreseeable future, and it's not like she'd never seen him naked. "You think we just go down whenever this time? Or do we have to wait to be summoned?" He asked, walking over to where his bag of stuff was located. Eventually he needed to unpack and hang up all his stuff so he wasn't living out of a suitcase, but now might not be the best time. He pulled out some jeans, boxers and a shirt and threw them out on the bed. His go to was usually a crisp white tee, but he didn't want to look like he was trying to match his ex, so he elected to wear green instead.

"Maybe after dinner, we could test out the pool..." Gray suggested, recalling their conversation last night and shooting Cory a grin. "If Kaya's making drinks, I feel like odds are pretty decent that at least someone is taking a dip." He added, recalling how she and her ex Cain weren't exactly cordial. "My money is on Cain."

nine lives

olivia

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

camila cabello

crying in the club

Olivia didn't think twice about walking back into the room wearing nothing but a towel, as she was still riding the high of winning the first event with Abel by her side. They'd won, and she couldn't be more ecstatic over that fact, especially considering how scared she'd been when they were so high up in the air. When she knelt by her suitcase, she asked him where he thought they might be sending her, glancing over at him as she asked. Her breath caught in her throat as she realized he wasn't wearing a shirt, and her eyes drank in his form. Of course she'd always been interested in Abel for more than his body, but the fact that he had a nice one definitely helped. She couldn't help but stare at him now, even as he glanced her way before looking back at the garment bag he'd laid on the bed.

Snapping out of her trance, interested in what he had, she pushed herself back up to her feet. Moving closer to him, she peered down at the suit in the bag he'd unzipped, her eyes widening as she stared at the expensive piece. "You think?" She glanced up at him before she turned to her closet, her feet carrying her in that direction quickly. Her eyes widened when she saw the garment bag hanging there. With one hand still holding the towel up, she reached for the bag with the other, taking it off the rack and bringing it over to the bed as well. It felt like Christmas almost, even though she was used to getting expensive things from her parents. With a small smile on her face, she unzipped the bag and gasped when she saw the exquisite dress lying inside. "It's beautiful." Running her fingers over the fabric, she looked back at Abel.

"Okay, you go shower. I want it to be a surprise." Grinning, she abandoned the dress to nudge Abel into the bathroom, only turning back to the dress on the bed when he was safely in the shower. She knew she likely didn't have long before he came back out, so she made quick work of doing something with her hair, skipping drying it completely. She returned to the dress and pulled it on, though left it unzipped as she couldn't quite reach it. When Abel would come out of the bathroom, she would be sitting in front of the vanity, leaning forward as she worked on her makeup. She glanced his way but left him to get ready as she finished her face, finishing with her favorite plumping lip gloss. "Abe... can you zip me?" She asked, standing and lifting her hair out of the way as she moved closer to him. After he'd zipped her, she turned to look at him, taking a step back so he could see the full picture. "Well... what do you think?"

♡coded by uxie♡

cain

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

machine gun kelly

home

Despite how angry Cain had been on the course and the snarky words he'd exchanged during and afterwards with Kaya, he wasn't really angry anymore that they'd lost. Come in last fucking place, for that matter. He'd been shocked as shit when he found out, especially considering his brother and Olivia, of all people, had come in first. It really shocked him, but it proved to him that he and Kaya needed to work together to win this. Which, if he really thought about it, was probably the whole point of the fucking show. It made sense, after all, since it was a show about exes. Why stick them back together if working together wouldn't help them win? But could he and Kaya work together? He wasn't sure, but she was definitely serious in wanting to talk, so if he had to guess it was going to be about that.

They split from the others and he and Kaya ended up back in their room, where he finally fixed his gaze on her, smirking when she called him classy. "I am focused." He shrugged, his eyes shifting towards the bathroom door-- or lack thereof. Slowly and suggestively, his eyes moved back to Kaya, but she was clearly not in the mood. She approached him, slapping his cheeks a few times. "Hey!" He swatted her hands away, grabbing her wrists in the process and pulling her closer. Not onto the bed with him, but close enough so that she was basically right in front of him. "Until we fucked it up?" He finished for her, releasing her wrists and moving to stand, closing the distance between them even more. For a moment, he just stared down at her, keeping his face impassive as he thought to himself.

But after a moment, he just sighed, but a smirk appeared on his face as he turned to head to the bathroom. "If we know each other so well, we should both know we can't go more than a day without riling the other up." He called back to her, stripping out of his shirt and tossing it onto the floor. Entering the bathroom, he turned on the shower and stripped out of the rest of his clothes. A moment later his face appeared in the doorway, poking out as he looked for Kaya. "You know we'll get this, babe. We fucked up." He shrugged, blowing her a kiss before he disappeared back into the bathroom. "I have faith in us." He called to her before he stepped under the spray. "You're still welcome to join me, you know!" He practically shouted now, grinning to himself as he let the hot water wash away the stress of the morning.

♡coded by uxie♡

Corryn Russell.

• Something was changing within Corryn, she could feel it. She wasn't quite sure what it was, but everything felt lighter. The usual tightness in her chest had started to dissipate. She consciously knew she was worrying less about her job, the reason she was on the show to begin with, and she was feeling much more... What was it? Happy? Content? Whatever it was, she liked it. Cory couldn't help but wonder if this was something she had been missing all her life. With her nose constantly stuffed in the next file, the next pitch, could it be that she was missing out on more than she originally thought? Her relationship with Grayson back when they were dating was always more of a business partnership than actual romance, partially due to each of them being far more engaged in their careers than each other. Sure, they had both work and pleasure. But there was no in-between. They didn't go on fun dates to the pumpkin patch in the fall or ice skating around Christmas. They didn't take trips together unless the company was involved. They were dating, but were they really together?

Corryn tossed her previous outfit into a nearby hamper, straightening the hem of her shirt as she met Gray's gaze. He returned her smile, and for a moment there was a strange feeling in her chest. But, she chose to ignore it. Given that she survived mostly on grocery store ready-to-eat meals, salads, and take-away, there was no way she could be the knight in shining armor for the evening, saving them from middle school cafeteria food. "Come on, Gray. You remember the night I tried to make us lasagna for dinner, right? It took weeks to air that burnt smell out of my apartment," she responded with a light laugh, rolling her eyes playfully. Corryn Russell was a master of many things, talented in many ways. But cooking was most certainly not one of them. "If they do, it's probably the expensive mac and cheese that comes with the cheese sauce already made, not some powder."

Grayson disappeared into the bathroom, and the blonde found herself once again alone with her thoughts. Deciding she didn't want to be, she plopped down in the comfy chair in the corner of the room and began scrolling through her phone. Email ads for sales on designer clothes? Boring. Another person she went to high school with posting their wedding photos on social media? Annoying, but she certainly looked pretty. Depressing new? Not going to spoil her good mood. Though none of the content was particularly engaging, the act of scrolling itself was enough to bide her time until she heard the bathroom door open, Gray reappearing in a cloud of steam. To be honest, Cory expected him to already be dressed when he emerged, as she had. Instead, however, he stood there with only a towel wrapped around his waist. It was a deja vu moment for sure, and she would feel her cheeks begin to warm as she glanced him over. What was that? She had never been ashamed to look at him before. After all, he was quite handsome. What was going on with her?

"What?" Cory asked, taking a moment to process what he had said given how distracted she had been. Distraction wasn't good. "Oh, honestly I think we can just go down whenever. If I had to guess, most of the camera and crew will probably be following around Olivia and Abel to get all the good footage of their date. I'd be surprised if the only cameras they left with us were the ones hidden around the house," she responded, absentmindedly glancing around the room as she wondered where the cameras watching them were. It made her skin crawl a bit, knowing that their every moves were being captured for the public eye. But, Corryn pushed those feelings away. Tear her eyes away from Gray to give him privacy to change, she looked back down at her phone, though she wasn't really seeing it. "A dip in the pool sounds fantastic. I've been dying to test it out since we got here. That waterfall is gorgeous, and I bet it's heated," the blonde replied with a grin. "And if Cain is the first one in, I bet that Kaya's the one that pushed him."

coded by weldherwings.

Abel Rothenberg.

• There were few things in life that Abel Rothenberg was absolutely scared of. First and foremost, dying, or more specifically, getting himself killed. He had been in some less than savory parts of town in his life, involved in some drama and people that wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in his brain were he to step out of line or break their trust. That was one of the reasons he was on the show, to begin with: to make the money he needed to survive and get back on his feet so that he didn't have to be involved with those people anymore. Maybe move to a new town where no one knew his name, though that might be a little difficult given the reach of reality television. Abe was afraid of going to prison. The person he knew as his father, though the man would never claim him as his own, had always been in and out of a jail cell for as long as he could remember. Abel was tough, don't get him wrong. But he wasn't the type of tough who could go into prison for an extended period and come out just as sane as he went in. And he was afraid of losing Cain. The pair shared a sibling bond built by a tragic childhood, something that made them closer than just sharing blood. Abel honestly didn't know what he would do if he ever lost his brother.

And those were the three things he could say he was truly terrified of. At least, until he had met Olivia. He could honestly say he had never cared about a person in the same way that he did her. Her smile lit up a room, and when she was around, it was like he couldn't see anything else but her. He wanted her to be safe and happy, even if it was at the cost of his own safety and happiness. She had a hold on him, always had, deeper than she could ever know. And so, he had come to fear their relationship. Not in a negative way, moreso one that made him want to protect her more, if that made any sense. Abel wasn't sure how to explain that to her, especially since her father had made it very clear he was to keep his distance. Though, that was becoming increasingly hard given they were on a reality show that seemed to be built to push exes back together. Certainly, they didn't decide to send ex-couples on fancy dates for winning challenges where they were required to work together without expecting some sort of camera-worthy drama in return, right?

"A surprise? Come on, Liv. That's not fair. You've already seen my fancy suit, I can't see your dress?" Abel responded though the grin on his face let her know he was just teasing. Despite being twice her weight and several inches taller, the blonde man let Olivia push him into the bathroom, knowing how excited she was about making this a "surprise." He took the suit with him, deciding putting it on would give her more time. He let the warm water from the shower rush over his body and relax the muscles that may or may not be overworked from the ropes courses mere moments before. By the time he returned to the bedroom dressed in the suit with the bow tie hanging undone around his neck, Olivia was sitting in front of the vanity working on her make-up, though she already looked absolutely stunning. She said something he didn't quite catch in being distracted and turning her back as she stood in front of him. It took Abel a moment to realize what was happening before he tried to zip the dress up with fumbling fingers. "Can't say I've zipped many beautiful women into evening gowns before," he said sheepishly, finally closing the clasp. Gesturing to the bow tie, Abel added, "Don't suppose you know how to tie one of these?"

coded by weldherwings.

Kaya

Montgomery

mood.
tense

location.
their room

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Cain ( apolla apolla )

Cain pulling her close to him had always been Kaya’s greatest weakness. She had never been able to resist his ways and no matter how angry she was, his antics usually softened her bitchy heart even though she would never admit it out loud. Cain knew a way to her heart and soul and Kaya was way too aware of that fact. Despite being toxic as fuck, the two were made for each other as only together they could reach their true potential. The second Kaya realized Cain left her life and his clothes were no longer hanging in their closet, a deep gash appeared on her heart, a hole she was unable to fill as it only belonged to her man. But he hurt her, his words and actions got to her and now she expected him to make that first step if they should get back together. Cain started it so he should also end it.

But this was about way more than just some stupid arguments. They both agreed to come on the national television and turn their lives into a show. And Kaya was not interested in being the clown here. She was a fighter, fought for shit her whole life. And the prize was right in front of her. All she needed to do was take it. And to do so, she also needed Cain to cooperate.

Once the door closed behind them, Kaya approached her ex and attempted to explain what was happening here but he did that thing with pulling her closer and she felt the urge to kiss the shit out of him, feel his hands on her body again and let him do all those amazing things to her he could do so well. Skin on her spine tingled with anticipation and Kaya despised herself for being so weak when it came to this man.

The two stood so close to each other she could feel his breath on her face, the warmth his body radiated and the scent of his skin after physical effort. “Until we fucked up…” she repeated his words quietly and looked down. “If we keep this up, there is no way we’re going to win. I refuse to be a clown, Cain. I came here to win, I need that money. But I can’t do it unless you stop being an ass,” she told him, crossing her arms on her chest. Cain, the shameless man he was, undressed in front of her, making Kaya’s breathing speed up. She almost forgot about all of that.

“You wish!” she called after him and took off her own clothes, wrapping her petite body in a towel. And there was a part of her that wanted to run and join him indeed to remember all their fun shower times. Focus, Kaya! The girl forced herself to stay in the room until Cain was done and only then she went and took her shower, allowing cold water to cover her body to remove excessive heat she felt. The fuck are you doing to me, Cain? Her thoughts were running a mile a minute and she finished quickly. The water stopped and Kaya returned to the room, raking her suitcase for a casual outfit. “You ready?” she asked, running fingers through her damp hair, letting it dry on its own. “The others might already be downstairs. Can we go? I really need that drink now, I guess.”

code: @s e v e n

Declan

Bennet

mood.
blushing madly

location.
their room

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Nat ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

The fact that Natalie insisted on Declan having his hand checked only showed the athlete one thing. She still cared. For some reason, the realization itself flooded him with satisfaction and brought a soft smile to his lips. The truth was clear, no matter how much Declan wanted to deny it. He still wasn’t completely over their breakup and how things went down. It was not his fault, he would always argue that cause and would continue to do so until Nat got it. But he also missed her terribly and not having the blonde in his life hurt him more than he cared to admit. Many times, he found himself thinking about how different his life would be if they never broke up.

Understandably, they both wanted to experiment at college. But maybe they should have stayed together. Would it help things? Or was their end with heartbreak inevitable? Declan kept pondering over many things that could have happened differently and a small part of him firmly believed that he and Natty were brought together again to solve their issues. There were many things said and done between them, things seemingly irreparable. And yet, here they were, on the same show, in the same room, even in the same bed. Dec was very much aware that it was mostly for entertainment purposes but he also wanted to believe that it was some sort of higher power. Deep inside, the football player was kind of a romantic but there were only very few people who were allowed to see that part of him.

Perfectionist in him hated the loss but Declan doused that inside and made sure that Natalie got back to the room unharmed and safe. Maybe the sprain wasn’t exactly serious but if neglected, it could develop into a nasty injury which could not only result in her having to leave the show but, more importantly, into some long-term issues she really didn’t need.

Romantic dinner sounded amazing but all things considered, maybe it was for the best that they were staying here. Two other couples were doing the same and you know what they say. Know your enemy. Declan was a generally amicable person and he prided himself on being able to get along with basically everyone. The other guys seemed to be quite chill and while he didn’t know anything about Kaya and Cory, he was open to finding out. Gray and his ex seemed to be pretty cool and Dec didn’t want to assume anything based on first impressions. Cain and his lady counterpart were a bit spicier but to each their own.

Proposing a shower, Declan wanted to be a gentleman and let Natalie hit it first but she seemed to become all flustered and her blush, she jumped up, landing on that injured ankle which sent her directly into Declan. His arms automatically flew up, wrapping around her small frame firmly. “Hey there,” he hummed and pretended that his heart didn’t start to beat much faster. Nat herself scrambled out of his hug way too fast and disappeared in the bathroom. Dec watched her as if in trance and his chest burned where she touched it. “Wake up, dude…” he mumbled under his breath and collected himself and a fresh set of clothes to get his shower right after Natalie was done. Judging by the reactions his traitorous body was professing, he was going to need ice cold water to handle himself.

Natalie Mayfair

The blonde woman's cheeks burned as she shut the bathroom door behind her, leaning back against it as she tried to gather herself. Though she'd escaped out of Declan's arms almost as quickly as she'd fallen into them, for a moment Natalie had wanted to stay there, warm and safe... and that was a problem. First she'd been silly to show so much concern about a minor injury her ex had sustained, and now she was quite literally falling for him, again. How embarrassing. Slipping out of her athletic wear, Natalie ran the water in the shower for a moment before stepping in under the spray. She distractedly used the various shampoos and soaps provided to wash off today's loss, as her thoughts continued to swirl around how foolish she was for being here.

Was she crazy? When she'd agreed to come on the show she'd been so sure that it would finally provide closure with Declan, but instead of moving towards healing, she'd only managed to open old wounds... and feelings. Natalie scolded herself for even admitting that much to herself and tried to stop her runaway train of thoughts. She shouldn't even entertain thoughts about how Declan had somehow gotten more attractive, or how secure she felt in his arms earlier, or how she was realizing that she'd missed him... Fuck. She had missed him. The blonde had focussed so much on hating Declan the past few years, that she'd locked away everything that was good about him, which she was now reminded of after seeing him again.

Natalie bit her thumbnail as her thoughts softened towards Dec, the dopamine from the strong pain killers the medic had given her starting to kick in. For a few moments she felt a million miles away as she fondly recalled better times with her ex, the memories eventually landing her back on the ropes course. They'd lost, so it shouldn't have been a good memory, but Declan catching her before she fell caused a smile to tug at the corner of her lips. Even after everything, he'd still saved her, and...

Suddenly the blonde became aware that she had just been standing in the shower for the last few minutes lost in thought and wasting water. Snapping herself back to reality, Nat quickly killed the water and dried off with a towel. The wrap on her ankle had been soaked through in her excessive shower and she unwrapped the support, tossing it away. It would be an eyesore on camera anyways, and her ankle was feeling better thanks to the drugs. Realizing that in her haste of escaping from the bedroom, she had forgotten to bring a change of clothes, Natalie could do nothing but tighten the towel around her chest in a fashioned dress and exit the steamy washroom with as much modesty as she could.

"All yours..." Nat announced, offering Declan a smile before walking past him to her suitcase. He already had his clothes in hand, and she wondered how long she'd kept him waiting. Though, she wasn't terribly worried about it. Or anything right now, which she miscredited to her therapeutic shower rather than the painkillers. "Enjoy..." She called to Dec as he disappeared into the bathroom, before changing quickly into a casual outfit once alone. Wrapping herself up in a loose knitted sweater, Natalie collapsed diagonally back onto the bed, her head landing near the foot. A warm, relaxed feeling washed over her as she sighed slowly and stared contently out the window while she waited for Declan to shower.

Natalie wasn't really sure how much time had passed before she heard the bathroom door open once more, and she tipped her head back to watch her ex emerge fully dressed. "That was quick..." She mused, not really caring if it was the truth but wanting to fill the silence. Blue eyes watched an upside down Declan move across the room for a few more moments, before Natalie rolled over onto her stomach, righting the world once more. "Ready to go down?" She asked, resting her cheek on her hand.

Relaxed

Bathroom> Bedroom

nine lives

Grayson Moore

Honestly, being on this show was starting to feel less like a business arrangement with his boss, and more like a vacation. All Grayson had to do to further his career was participate in a show his firm was marketing, and make sure it was a reality tv hit. Maybe down the line he'd have to do more to help create drama or storyline, but for now things seemed to be progressing fine, and he could sit back and enjoy the luxurious mansion, good food, and company of his ex. Which, surprisingly, he was actually enjoying. They were still each other's biggest competition outside this social experiment, but here they were supposed to be a team again, and Grayson preferred it that way. He and Cory might not have made a great couple in terms or romance, but they'd always made a good team. Until they wound up on opposite sides, of course.

On his way to shower, the marketing executive told Cory she could take charge on the dinner front, earning an eye roll from his ex. Come on, Gray. You remember the night I tried to make us lasagna for dinner, right? It took weeks to air that burnt smell out of my apartment. Gray laughed, able to vividly recall the scent. "And here I thought you burnt that on purpose so you'd have an excuse to stay over at my place so much while your apartment aired out..." He grinned with a wink, teasing the blonde before leaving to shower.

A few minutes later he returned, this time clad in a towel wrapped around his hips, and a feeling of satisfaction grew within him as he noticed the slight flush on Corryn's cheeks. That was a new reaction from her, and he had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from chuckling. Gray knew Cory was far from an innocent maiden, but her blush was cute, and that was a different look for the blonde. Sexy, powerful, intimidating, beautiful were descriptors Gray would usually use, but rarely cute. Asking if Cory thought they could just go down for dinner whenever, a chuckle did escape the brunette when she distractedly replied What? before collecting herself. Oh, honestly I think we can just go down whenever. If I had to guess, most of the camera and crew will probably be following around Olivia and Abel to get all the good footage of their date. I'd be surprised if the only cameras they left with us were the ones hidden around the house.

Gray watched Cory glance around for cameras hidden in their room for a moment, before averting her eyes back to her phone to give him privacy to change. Shaking his head a little in amusement, Gray pulled on his clothes as he considered her words. "That would be nice... make tonight a little more fun if we don't have strangers shoving cameras in our faces." He replied, hoping for an enjoyable night. Once dressed, he moved over to the chair Cory was sitting in, leaning against the back of it as he floated the idea of hitting the pool later. A dip in the pool sounds fantastic. I've been dying to test it out since we got here. That waterfall is gorgeous, and I bet it's heated. And if Cain is the first one in, I bet that Kaya's the one that pushed him. Grinning, Gray nodded, sharing the blonde's sentiment. "I wouldn't doubt it. They seem to be a disaster waiting to happen." He mused, still not really considering the turbulent couple much competition, but finding them entertaining. "We'll see how that pans out tonight."

Pushing off Cory's chair, Gray stood to his full height and stretched his arms. "Well, shall we? Grab your suit..." He suggested, walking back over to his suitcase to grab his swim trunks before over to the door. The exec figured his chances of getting a little pool time with the beautiful blonde were better if they didn't have to travel across the mansion back to their room to change. Though, skinny dipping was never far from his mind when it came to Cory and going for a swim. "Sooner we're down there, sooner we can get a drink." He pointed out with a smirk. Again, if this was vacation, they might as well let loose a bit. Gray held the door open for Cory, before following her out of the room once she exited. "Here's hoping one of the others is a better cook than us..." He added, walking down the hallways next to his ex-competitor.

Happy

Bedroom

nine lives

olivia

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

camila cabello

crying in the club

As Olivia sat there at the vanity getting ready, her eyes kept traveling to the door of the bathroom, thinking about Abel on the other side. For the most part, her thoughts were pretty chaste, but that's mostly because when she started to think about other things her face turned beet red and she quickly shoved those thoughts away. She couldn't-- shouldn't-- think about what was going on on the other side of that door, because that wasn't why they were here. It was a show about exes, after all, not exes who got back together. Besides, who was to say that Abe even would want to get back together? Obviously that wasn't something they could talk about over a rope course, or even dinner tonight. How would she even bring it up? Hey, Abel, I know it's been forever but being with you on the rope course made me remember how much I love you and what would you think about getting back together?

Yeah. Right. Shaking her head, she just went back to getting ready, and a short time later the bathroom door opened and Abel stepped out. Her eyes shot to him again, widening some when she saw him in his suit. Trying to keep herself together, she stood, asking him to zip her. Holding her breath, she tried to stand still as he fumbled with her zipper, his statement so painfully awkward that she just burst out laughing. "I'm sorry, Abe, I..." Turning around to face him, her eyes dropped again, drinking him in. He gestured to his bow tie and she looked back up at it, then up to his face. "Of course." She whispered, stepping closer and reaching for the two ends. With expert yet slightly shaking fingers, she tied the bow like she'd done a thousand times before, for her father or his friends or even her own.

"There." She slid her hands down to his chest, her eyes dropping once more before she tilted her head back to look at him, unable to stop herself. "You look incredible, Abe." She slid one hand to cup his cheek, feeling everything she'd been thinking about earlier brimming to the surface once again. But before she could expel the word vomit, she cleared her throat and stepped back. She perched on the edge of the bed to pull her shoes on, then stood to check her reflection before she turned back to her ex. "Come on. We earned that dinner." Looping her arm through his once he was completely ready, the pair left the room and headed back downstairs to where a car was waiting. A big, expensive and sleek looking SUV where they were actually given the keys. "You wanna drive?" She asked him, dangling the keys in front of his face, a grin tugging at her lips. "For old times sake."

♡coded by uxie♡

cain

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

machine gun kelly

home

Hearing Kaya's yelled you wish! after him, Cain just grinned as he stepped into the shower and took his time cleaning off the grime from the rope course. Once he was done, he turned off the water and left the bathroom, whistling when he saw Kaya wrapped in nothing but a towel. The thought of swatting her ass popped into his mind, but she was already gone and in the bathroom. Even though there was no door and he could have easily walked in after her, he decided to just get dressed. Donning a comfy pair of sweatpants and a black wifebeater style top, he ran his fingers through his hair as he looked in the mirror. Whistling, he turned and draped his towel over the back of a chair, moving to plop on the bed while he waited for Kaya to finish her shower.

And soon enough she returned to the room, and his head turned in her direction as she asked if he was ready. Shrugging, he pushed himself to his feet and approached her. "Let's go, then. There's a big rest of the house we should explore, too." Smirking, he gestured for her to walk to the door first, so that he could check her out on the way. They headed back downstairs, and eventually found the kitchen, but they found it empty. "We can't possibly be the losers in the rope course but the first to make dinner." He laughed, heading to the fridge to pull it open. "Oh, thank god." Grabbing a beer, he popped the top and tossed it into the sink, lifting the neck of the bottle to his lips and taking a big swig. Shutting the door to the fridge, he started opening the cabinets to explore, whistling under his breath when he found the liquor cabinet.

"You still need that drink?" He asked Kaya, looking at her over his shoulder. "There's a shit ton of liquor in here." He stepped aside to let Kaya look, moving around the rest of the kitchen, still exploring. "And where the hell is everybody else? I was excited for those pizza bagels." He took another swig of the beer, turning around to look at his ex as he placed a hand on the counter. "Did your cooking skills improve at all?" He teased her, holding the neck of the bottle between two fingers and swinging it back and forth slightly. "Because if not, we better hope one of the others can cook something at least. I'm starving." Finishing off the beer, he moved to drop the bottle into the trash before going back to the fridge to grab another one. "Aye!" He suddenly shouted, making sure he could be heard by people in the other parts of the house. "Where's everybody at?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Corryn Russell.

• Corryn had a hard time identifying with her emotions. All her life, she had been taught and trained that emotions were nothing of substance, that they would get in the way of what needed to be done, that they were useless. Her father, the stoic, curmudgeon of a man that he was, would never directly tell her he loved her. So, instead, she got that gratification from doing so well, he had no choice but to acknowledge her accomplishments. Graduating as valedictorian in high school, at the top of her class both in her Bachelor's and Master's, landing clients and getting promoted up the ladder quickly. Those had been the moments when she had seen that slight glint in his eye, the nearly imperceptible nod of his head in her direction that let her know he had noticed, that he approved. It was never love or pride or gratitude. Only stone-cold approval. Sure, Cory had heard some kind words from her live-in nanny and wait staff growing up. But it wasn't the same, could never be the same as if those words had come from a parent. And, with her mother's untimely death, her father was all she had left to hope for them from.

The blonde was acutely aware of Grayson leaning against the back of her armchair, thankfully dressed so that whatever was happening in her chest would calm down. She looked up at him, blue eyes appraising his grin as he nodded and replied. He walked away, stretching, and Corryn found herself averting her eyes once more. Damn, what the hell had gotten into her? Forcing whatever it was to the back of her mind, she nodded and stood from the chair, slipping her phone into the back pocket of her jeans. "Right. I could certainly use a cocktail. Or, honestly, even just straight shots after the day we've had," she answered with a light laugh, walking over to dig through her things for a suit. At the time she was packing, it hadn't really occurred to her that her swimming might take place on national television as well as in front of other men including her ex. So, in terms of modesty, there wasn't much to choose from. Nevertheless, she tried to pick the best that she could, tucking it into a bag with a couple of towels before moving past Grayson out the door and down the stairs.

A loud shout filled the hallway just as Corryn made it to the kitchen doorway. "No need to yell, we're right here," she said as she entered, tilting her head curiously at the source. From what she could tell, Cain was hotheaded and arrogant, and pretty much like every corporate temperamental bigwig she ever had the pleasure of working with. Needless to say, she would have no problem dealing with antics. Kaya, on the other hand, was like her in several ways. Both confident and determined. Cory could honestly say she wouldn't be surprised if the two of them butted heads at some point throughout this competition. "I sure hope one of you knows how to cook. Gray and I aren't exactly the 'Suzy Homemaker' types," she said mildly with a shrug, gesturing over her shoulder to the dark-haired man that had entered behind her. The glint of light on glass bottles caught her eye, and her interest was quickly taken by the fully stocked liquor cabinet. The blonde marketing executive walked over to it, examine the vast array of options, and smirked. "But this, this I can do something with." Grabbing a couple of bottles containing gin, whiskey, sake, and more, she sat them on the counter along with a few empty shot glasses. "Shots, anyone?"

coded by weldherwings.

Abel Rothenberg.

• If Abel were being honest with himself, he was definitely nervous for that evening, though he probably wouldn't let it show on his face. Well, he would try not to anyway. For as long as he could remember, he had been the guy that stared down the face of trouble every second of every day. It had made him calculated and stoic, even cold in some ways. And so, instead of feeling those emotions and letting himself grieve healthily, he found solace in his vices instead. Smoking, alcohol, the occasional party drug, even going to the gym. All were addictions he couldn't quite give up, even now. But Olivia saw past all of that. From the first day they met, she didn't seem to think of him as some lowly street rat, some servant covered in oil working on her family's cars. Instead, she saw him and cared to learn about him, or at least what he was willing to tell her. Abe didn't feel like he had to hide things from her, and when they were together was the happiest time of his life. That's why he had to let her go, to protect her from his past that was quickly coming back to haunt him. The money her father offered him paid off those that he owed, those that had threatened him, and everyone he cared about.

"Not your fault," Abel answered, still smiling as she spun to face him. His eyes dropped to appraise her, how stunning she was in that iridescent purple gown that matched the purple of his lapels and bow ties. He briefly wondered how much the suit cost, clearly made from some sort of soft expensive material. No doubt it was something he could never afford, even if he did win the prize money for that show. His breath caught for a moment as she stepped closer, tieing his bow tie expertly. She had clearly had far more experience in the formalwear sector of fashion than him. "Thanks," Abe answered softly, his eyes meeting her eyes once again. "You look absolutely..." For a moment, he paused, leaning back ever so slightly to take her in. Was there even a word that could capture how amazing she looked? He didn't think so, but he had to at least try. "Absolutely breathtaking." And just like that, she was gone. Stepped away so that he could no longer feel the warmth of her body close to his. Now, it just felt cold and a bit empty. Olivia crossed the room to pull on her shoes before joining him once more. Abel held out his arm to her, a signature charming grin on his face as she took it. "We sure as hell did."

In a few moments, they were downstairs in the front drive of the beachside mansion, a black SUV parked directly outside. As a man who had worked with many expensive cars, Abe could recognize that body style and logo anywhere. It was a Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class, easily worth more than any home he had ever lived in. For a moment, he was starstruck, even moreso when Liv dangled the keys in front of him. "I'm not sure..." he began, glancing between them and the vehicle. When again in his life would he ever get a chance like this? With a smirk, he grabbed them from her and nodded. "Sure, what the hell, right?" Abel led Olivia to her door, opening it for her and waiting for her to climb inside before he shut it and continued to the driver's side. Sliding into the luxurious leather seat, he turned the key over and listened as the engine roared to life. It was perfect. "Looks like our destination has already been entered. Can't wait to see where they're taking us. The camera crews are no doubt already waiting," Abel said, nodding to the navigation system on the center console screen. "Well, let's get going then!" And with that, they took off into the night.

coded by weldherwings.

Kaya

Montgomery

mood.
tense

location.
their room

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Cain ( apolla apolla ); Cory ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ); Gray ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

A part of this actually felt like those old times. The good ones at that.Kaya actually found herself thinking about them as she showered and a smile popped up on her face. When they were good, she and Cain would have the time of their lives, they would have fun, watch movies, hang out in clubs, anything. It was not always about having an amazing sex and arguing and making up in bed again. As toxic as they were, they could be amazing as well and while letting the hot water whip her body, Kaya realized she missed it like hell. Even now she could see the same spark in Cain’s eyes, the same mischief and fun. But they were past that now, right? He left her, she left him, it was a done deal and there was no going back. Or was there?

Getting dressed was easy, this place didn’t require any dress code or too many clothing items so Kaya just pulled on a pair of jean cut shorts and a flowery tank top before leaving the room. She knew exactly what Cain was doing by letting her walk first and she smirked, swaying her hips from side to side even more for him. She was nothing if not a tease and knew what worked on this man the best. But the kitchen was empty when they arrived which made her frown a little. Cooking was definitely not one of Kaya’s strong suits and she was not going to let the whole nation know. Or at least not until she absolutely had to. Cain started to go around and check the cabinets while Kaya hopped up on the kitchen island, placing her hands flat on the surface behind her so she could comfortably lean on them. “I’ll definitely have a look in a bit.” she grinned when seeing the variety of alcohol the production prepared for them. Way too many bottles for eight people but then again, it was the point of the show, right? Or at least one of them. Get them drunk and nasty.

"Did your cooking skills improve at all? Because if not, we better hope one of the others can cook something at least. I'm starving." Cain teased, making Kaya scoff. “Nah, they are just like your manners. Non-existent.” she winked and just as she was about to ask him to at least check the freezer for some pizzas, another couple showed up. The brunette had to bite her inner cheek not to laugh over Cory and her words towards Cain. “He’s always been loud, don’t mind him.” she chuckled and hopped off the island. “And no, we’re useless in the kitchen so the last two people are our only hope, I guess.” she shrugged and watched the blonde make her way to the liquor cabinet, offering shots. “I’ll take some.” Kaya joined her and grabbed a bottle of whiskey to have a closer look. “Not too shabby though.” she mumbled. “I’ll have this one. For starters.” she said then and set the whiskey back on the counter.

Declan

Bennet

mood.
blushing madly

location.
their room

outfit.
click!

interactions.
everyone in the kitchen

Not only his old flame was back now but also all his feelings. Declan was not a cold person and he was rather passionate about everything and everyone he cared about but seeing and feeling Natalie in his arms again hit him differently. All those previous years, he was sure they were over and that he built some sort of hatred towards her for blaming everything on him. Declan was a reasonable guy, he was always able to admit if something was his fault but this time, he refused to do so for one very simple reason. He was not guilty. And since things with Natty ended the way they did, he was more than convinced that they could never return to what they had because she hated him and vice versa. Imagine his surprise when Dec actually realized he didn’t feel anything negative towards the blonde, quite the contrary. As she got up from the bed and fell in his arms, he acted on instinct and caught her, cradling her comfortably. As if nothing ever changed between them. Although the feeling was gone too soon when Natalie actually pulled away. Something moved in Declan and he was sure that if they wanted, they could forget all that bad blood between them and move on.

Admittedly, when Natalie walked out of the bathroom with only the towel draped around her figure, Dec had to use a lot of willpower not to do or say anything inappropriate and he just moved to the bathroom himself, closing the door after him. Phew, that was close. For some reason, he became rather hot and it was not because of the adrenaline from the rope course. Natalie always had that effect on him, more than any other woman Dec encountered and now he was ashamed of himself for acting like a thirteen year old boy who saw boobs for the first time. Get yxour shit together, Declan, for fuck’s sake. Shower was more than welcome at this point and he entered it immediately, letting ice cold water cover him head to toes for so long that his lips started to turn blue. Declan was used to cold showers, he did them quite often since his PT believed it was the best thing for the morning to have one’s blood running. The football player didn’t even feel the cold that much anymore.

Once done, he got dressed again, he left the wet towel in the bathroom and walked out. Offering Nat his usual charming smile, he nodded to her question and held the door for her to go first. “How’s that ankle treating you?” he asked, wondering if she needed help again because if she did, he was right there. Voices coming from downstairs told him they were possibly the last couple to join the group and as they entered the room, the suspicion was confirmed. “You, guys, are living already?” he grinned, watching the shots being poured. “I was promised pizza bagels, where are they?” he then turned his attention to Gray. “Or are you girls making something fancy? I haven't had a home-cooked meal in forever. So? Who’s cooking?” he grinned as his eyes went to the girls in the room. Seeing Cain with a beer, Dec decided it was a good idea and approached the fridge to grab one as well but since Gray stood there empty-handed, Declan was a pal and handed one to him as well. “So we’re the loser club for tonight, hm?”

Natalie Mayfair

Upon his exit from the bathroom, fortunately and unfortunately more dressed than Natalie had been, Declan greeted the blonde with a grin. Even upside down, it was as charming as ever and Natalie offered an easy smile back as she rolled over onto her stomach. Her chemically induced good mood made it easy to forget that she was supposed to be pretending she hated Declan. That seemed like such a waste of energy right now when they were supposed to be figuring out how to cook themselves dinner tonight. Recalling their task at hand, Natalie inquired if her ex was ready to go downstairs, ignoring the small, devilish part of her that wanted to remain in their room just a little longer, and he nodded, walking to the door and holding it open for her. Natalie left her warm place in the bed, this time dismounting with a bit more grace and stability, and exited the room.

How’s that ankle treating you? With the pain from her ankle temporarily numbed, the blonde had almost forgotten about her injury. “Hm?” She replied, glancing up at Declan before down at her ankle, observing it for a moment to take stock. “Oh, it seems better. It’s not bothering me right now at least.” She added, carefully testing her mobility of it as she turned her foot back and forth. Cain’s voice calling Aye! Where’s everybody at?! echoed through the house, and Nat laughed a little as she and Dec headed for the kitchen. She didn’t need the football player’s assistance walking this time, though she did kinda miss the excuse to be closer to him. Not enough to retract her earlier statement that her ankle was fine, but enough to make her remember her earlier musings in the shower and let out a wistful sigh.

As they approached the kitchen, Natalie noticed they were the last to arrive and that people were already breaking out drinks. Perfect! Declan greeted the others with a comment about them living already, but before the blonde could say anything a producer caught her by the arm and pulled her to the side. Thinking the older woman was just wanting to check on her ankle, Natalie didn’t protest and followed her over to the side of the room. However, the producer was not interested in Nat’s well-being, but rather in the storyline of the show. The woman leaned in, whispering into the blonde woman’s ear so the others couldn’t hear. Blue eyes turned towards the group in the kitchen, Natalie’s brow furrowing a little as her gaze fell to Declan. She slowly shook her head, not liking what the woman was saying, before nodding in reluctant understanding. Seemingly pleased with herself, producer smiled at Natalie encouragingly and gestured for her to rejoin the others.

Apparently this dinner wasn’t as off-camera as Natalie had hoped, and she glanced around reflexively for where all the cameras might be hidden. She couldn’t really be annoyed at anyone but herself though for being in this kind of situation since she’d agreed to be on TV, so she just took a deep breath, focussed herself, and painted a smile on her face as she walked into the kitchen in time to gather that no one was able to cook. “I guess I am…” Natalie replied to Dec’s question about who’s cooking. She stepped over to where Corryn had gathered a variety of bottles, pouring herself a shot of the first liquor she grabbed and tossing it back. She didn’t even try to hide the grimace at the taste, and she coughed once before adding, “But I’m putting you all to work too…” Natalie distanced herself from the booze, opening the fridge and glancing at its contents, before moving to the pantry. “Hope everyone likes spaghetti, because that seems like the easiest thing to make for this many people.” She decided, pulling out pasta noodles, spices, a large jar of marinara, and a long loaf of French bread. She placed the ingredients on the counter, returning to the fridge to grab the rest of the chilled ones. Once finished, everything the group needed to make a pasta dinner complete with side salad and garlic bread was laid out before them.

“Alright, if we divide and conquer then this won’t take as long and we’ll have more time to drink,” She suggested, grinning impishly before beginning to dole out tasks. It was just like back in high school when she was class president and assigning her team roles at the school events. She glanced between the the other contestants for a moment, recalling their names, before her blue eyes fell on Cain. “You look like a good sauce taste-tester…” She joked playfully. “Think you can handle helping me with the spaghetti Cain?” She asked with a smile before proceeding to the next assignment. “Kaya and… Grey. You’re in charge of garlic bread and drinks. I believe you mentioned you could handle the alcohol concoctions earlier…” She added, glancing at the pretty bartender with a hopeful expression. It seemed they all were in need of some libations. “And that leaves Dec and…” Natalie continued, turning her gaze to her ex and the other beautiful blonde in the room. “Corryn.” For some reason, Nat’s stomach flip-flopped as she partnered Dec with Cory, perhaps a little jealousy bubbling up. “Can you guys prep the salad? Just need you to chop up the veggies, please.”

Tonight’s shuffled pairings weren’t exactly Natalie’s idea, but had been suggested by production to “add a little fun”. Hiding her insecurities about not working with Dec just as she was beginning to enjoy his company again, she tried to settle back into her earlier good mood, letting the meds and shot work their magic. “So you’re not much of a chef, huh?” She mused, turning back to Cain as everyone got busy. “Luckily the hardest part of cooking noodles will be finding the pot in this huge kitchen.” She teased. “And I can make the sauce.” Nat grabbed the marinara, an onion, a bell pepper and the package of ground beef from the collection of ingredients and brought them over to the work area by the stove. Her grandmother prided herself on her spaghetti sauce, and while Natalie’s wasn’t as good, it was still pretty tasty.

In Good Spirits, mostly

Kitchen

nine lives

Grayson Moore

On a quest for some drinks, Grayson was pleased to find that upon his and Corryn's arrival in the kitchen Cain already had a beer in hand. While he took the blonde's bag to stash their swim stuff off to the side of the kitchen, Cory was quick to find the well-stocked liquor cabinet. She fished out a few bottles, putting them on the counter so the group could appraise their options as she asked who wanted shots. Gray would definitely be partaking in a few of those before the night was over, but his growling stomach distracted him. Unfortunately, no food was in the works though, and it didn't sound like anyone had much skill in the kitchen. Pizza bagels were looking more and more promising, except... There weren't any, Gray discovered, taking a peek into the freezer when Declan arrived and asked about his aforementioned dinner item. "Sorry man, no luck there... Guess I'm off the hook for cooking." He grinned, stretching his arms and folding them behind his head as he glanced at the footballer. Gray was about to ask where Dec's other half was, noticing that they were missing one, before Natalie joined the group in the kitchen.

Their luck wasn't completely out with the absence of pizza bagels though, as Natalie replied to Declan that she would be doing the cooking. Gray was about to reach for a bottle of booze then to celebrate not having to fumble around in the kitchen, before the blonde beat him to it, pouring herself a shot and tossing it back in one fell swoop. Watching the grimace on the girl's face as she swallowed, the marketing exec didn't know if there was trouble in paradise between her and her ex, more so than usually came with being exes that is, or if she was still sore about losing. Either way, he wasn't about to ask her. Personal problems and feelings were something that Gray stayed away from as much as possible. Corryn could attest to that, seeing as he wasn't the shoulder to cry on sort. Not that his ex had been an overly emotional woman in need of such a shoulder anyways.

Glancing over at Corryn he watched her for a moment, wondering if she'd ever needed him to be more intune with his feelings, or hers, while they were together. Before his mind could wander too far down memory lane though, Declan offered him a beer, which he gladly accepted. So we're the loser club for tonight, hm? Chuckling a little, Gray nodded. "It would appear so, though it's a club I'm not used to being in..." He raised the cold bottle to his mouth, taking a swig, just as Natalie added that the rest of the group would be expected to help with dinner as well. The beer went down a little harder with that added caveat, earning a groan from the tall man once he'd swallowed. "The loser club's starting to feel a little like home-ec too..." He grumbled to Declan. The blonde busied herself gathering the ingredients for spaghetti, a dish Grayson did rather enjoy which motivated him a little more to lend his assistance, and while she did so he stepped back over to Corryn. "Try not to burn anything this time..." He teased her, nodding his head towards one of the bottles for her to pour him a shot since she'd set herself up as the bartender for now. "Thanks." He raised the little glass to his ex once it was filled and threw it back with ease. Being able to drink copious amounts of alcohol straight was almost a prerequisite for being in business school. Besides, you didn't see Don Draper needing a chaser or a mixer.

Just as Grayson was ready to settle into a comfortable hour of banter with Cory as they each insulted each other's lack of cooking skills, a curveball was thrown and he found himself partnered with Kaya. His blue eyes shifted over to the brunette and he gave her a grin upon hearing that they were in charge of bread and booze. "Easy enough I think. Two of my favorite things." He smirked, stepping over to Kaya once they all separated to get to work. He leaned forward on the counter, grabbing the loaf of bread in its wrapper and waving it back and forth idly like a baton with one hand, while still holding his beer in the other. "I don't know whether to be happy or offended that I got such an easy job..." He mused, glancing over in Corryn's direction with Declan for a moment, before shrugging off his leering and giving his attention back to Kaya. "So are you a bartender back home?" He asked curiously, "Or do you just play one on TV?" He added, pleased with himself over his cheesy joke. "I'm not much of a mixologist, but I was a barback in college for a couple months..." He said as his way of offering his help. "Before I got fired for flirting more than working. That was before Cory of course..." He explained, shooting the blonde another quick glance, just to be safe even though she wasn't listening.

nine lives

olivia

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

camila cabello

crying in the club

Excitement flooded Olivia's body, but there was also a trace of nervousness there as well. While it had just been her and Abel on the rope course, there had obviously been an end game to that: to win. And they had, which still surprised Liv, but she'd definitely take the first win of the show. But beyond that, what was the end game of the dinner? There wasn't one, as far as she could see. It would just be the two of them, sitting there at the fancy restaurant in their exquisite clothing. What would they do? What would they talk about? All of these questions and more whirled around in her brain as they made their way downstairs and then outside, where a sleek black SUV awaited. The address to the restaurant was already plugged into the GPS, and Liv handed off the keys to Abe. For "old times sake", a grin tugging at her lips as she did so.

Although Abe seemed unsure about taking the keys at first, he finally smirked and grabbed them from her hand. Feeling a sense of familiarity coursing through her now, she giggled and nodded in response to his words. "The perfect gentleman." She told him as he opened her door, shutting it after she got in and settled. Within seconds, Abe was sliding into the seat beside her, sticking the keys in the ignition and turning. The engine roared to life, and Liv glanced at the GPS when he mentioned the destination had been entered. "No doubt." She confirmed, clicking her seatbelt shut just before he shifted into drive. Lifting her hands to the visor above her head, Liv pulled it down and opened the mirror, doing one final check on her makeup before she shut it again. The anxiety was taking over again, and she turned her head to watch Abe drive.

The familiarity turned into a full-blown sense of déjà vu as she watched, remembering the countless times he'd driven them wherever. "This is alot different than what you drove back then." She whispered, her eyes lifting from his hands to his face again. For some reason, something she'd never figured out, she had always loved watching the way his hands moved. Not only when he was driving, but doing anything. Leaning closer to him, Liv rested her head on the headrest, not even concerned with the direction they were going. The drive to the restaurant took about twenty minutes or so, but when they arrived, Liv was pleasantly surprised to find that it was an upscale Italian place. Not one they had back home, so it'd be a new experience for her, and likely him as well. "Ready?" She asked after he parked, unclicking her seatbelt and opening her door to get out. "This place looks nice." She added when she was by his side again, automatically slipping her hand into his. "I hope it is. I'm starving."

♡coded by uxie♡

cain

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

machine gun kelly

home

No sooner had Cain yelled into the house, wondering where everyone else was, two more people stepped into the room. He grinned at Corryn and Grayson, waggling his eyebrows with amusement at her words. "Can't help it. It's in my blood." He shrugged, shooting Kaya a smirk as he moved closer to her. Placing himself between her legs, he leaned forward, pressing a kiss to her jawline just as the last loser couple entered the room. Corryn suggested shots, which Cain was definitely here for. Free booze? Who was he to say no? He grinned at Kaya before shooting a wink at her, his hands gripping her thighs for a moment before he pushed off of her. Turning to the blonde, he nodded at her, lifting his beer and pointing it in her direction. "Abso-fucking-lutely, doll."

His grin only grew, a laugh escaping him even, as Declan stated they were the loser club. "The loser club seems pretty rad to me." He shrugged, taking another swig of his beer as he leaned against the counter, his eyes drifting over to Natalie as she mentioned spaghetti. "Dude. My absolute favorite." Well, to be fair, he had alot of favorites when it came to food, but usually anything homecooked took the win. He looked around at the others while Nat got the supplies from the pantry, absentmindedly taking another drink of his beer. He almost spat it out when Natalie said the pairings, though, and he fixed her with a questioning look. "I am the best sauce taster around." His confused look turned into a smirk again as he looked over his shoulder at Kaya. "Don't miss me too much, babe." Winking at her again, he blew a kiss at her before he headed over to Nat's side.

He downed the rest of his beer before he set the bottle aside, looking over at Nat when she asked about his cooking abilities. "Nope." He admitted, popping the 'p' sound at the end of his word. She went on to say she'd make the sauce, but that they'd need to find a pot. "I got you." He started rummaging around in cabinets, nearly getting all the way to the other side of the room before he found one big enough. "Damn, that was a hell of a mission. Let me guess, water and put it on the stove?" He asked, moving to the sink to fill the large dish. Whistling a little under his breath, he moved back to Nat's side when he had the water getting ready to boil on the stove. "So, Natalie, right? Tell me, were you just trying to stir trouble or are you avoiding your ex?" Cain leaned against the counter, watching her expertly work on the sauce. His eyes drifted over to Kaya, working on the bread and shots with Grayson. He stared for a minute or so before he looked back at Nat. "What's your story, anyway? Why are you exes? Kaya and me, well." He just laughed, shaking his head as he crossed his arms over his broad chest. "She left me. Or I guess I left her? I'm still not exactly sure what happened."

♡coded by uxie♡

Corryn Russell.

• Everything about Corryn was supposed to be perfect. Not only her appearance, perfectly straight blonde hair without a single strand out of place, flawless skin and make-up. But also, her personality, her composure, her work. There wasn't room or time for mistakes, and that kind of pressure had a way of building up. And unfortunately, the pressure from the show was starting to get to her. Cory was confused about her current situation with Gray, whatever it might be, and because of that, unsure if she was actually the one winning. She had made this a competition between them, whether he knew it or not. Someone had to come out on top, be the better competitor and therefore gain approval from their firm. She wanted that to be her. But he was definitely starting to get to her. Was that his plan all along? Corryn couldn't be sure.

Her usual forms of dealing with the pressure were hiking or finding someone to bring home for the night. But, while she was sure the reality how would love the drama of an external nighttime partner, it wouldn't play well for her on camera. And that last thing Cory needed was to be deemed the season's bitch. So, she decided on alcohol instead. Rarely ever known to let loose outside of the comfort of her own home, the blonde surveyed the row of bottles in an attempt to pick her first poison. "Whiskey it is," she responded, nodding at Kaya with a smile. As she went to grab the bottle, however, Natalie was quick to snatch it first, pouring herself a shot and grimacing as it went down. Corryn couldn't help but furrow her brow in a bit of confusion. The action didn't quite align with the sweet girl persona Nat had portrayed up until that point. But, she appreciated that she took leadership of dinner, whatever the reason behind it had been.

Picking up the bottle of amber liquid, Cory poured a shot for herself, listening as Natalie dealt out the tasks each of them was supposed to do. The pairings were strange, as she assumed the whole ex-working-with-ex thing would be continuous throughout the show. She easily threw back the whiskey, setting down the empty glass before turning to look at her designated partner. Up until that point, the blonde had had very little interaction with Declan. But she knew about him, knew he played professional football and, as far as the cast of the show went, was the biggest name there. If nothing else, he was an interesting networking point, a contact that could potentially prove useful in the future. Plus, he wasn't bad to look at either. Dec had that sort of ruggedly handsome thing that, if she were out at a bar, she would most certainly try to act on. Hell, maybe she still would.

Corryn glanced over at Gray, watching him with Kaya for a moment. Something rumbled in her chest, but she ignored it. Instead, she crossed the kitchen to Declan, offering him a smile. "Looks like we're on salad duty. Can't be that hard, right?" she asked, shrugging a shoulder. Turning to the fridge, Cory briefly paused to survey the options. Romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onions, pepperoncini, olives, parmesan. Altogether, those were the ingredients that would make a good Italian salad. She sat them on the counter alongside a cutting board and knife. Since most of her meals were take-out or store-bought, there was time for the blonde to develop knife skills. And she quickly realized she had no idea what the proper way to cut an onion was. Her blue eyes found Declan's once again, and she smiled sheepishly. "Don't tell anyone, but I'm not exactly the most skilled person in the kitchen. How are we supposed to cut all this up? Care to show me?"

coded by weldherwings.

Abel Rothenberg.

• Something about the moment was peacefully nostalgic. No, Abel couldn't say that he had ever worn a fancy suit and driven a fancy car to some fancy restaurant. But driving to an unknown destination with the beautiful brunette in his passenger seat? That he could certainly reflect on. When they were younger, still happy and together, there were several times when they hopped into a car and just drove. It was aimless, but those trips were never about the destination. Though every once in a while they would find someplace cool, some best-kept secret that became one of their 'spots.' No, those drives were about the time spent together, the laughter and jokes and car karaoke duets where Olivia's voice sounded far better than his. For a long time, Abe hadn't thought about those moments. Or really, any memories of good times with Liv if he could avoid it. To him, she was the one that got away, when he was the one that pushed her. And, though he wouldn't admit it, he wasn't sure if he could ever forgive himself for doing that to her.

Olivia's voice pulled him from his thoughts, making him realize he had been lost in them and not enjoying driving that fancy SUV as much as he would have liked. His forest green eyes found hers for a moment. Apparently, she had been thinking about the good ol' days as well. The tension that hung in that air could be cut with a butter knife. "Yeah, definitely sounds a lot nicer than that old thing," Abel responded in an attempt to lighten the mood, though it didn't really work. He offered her a smile, something more sincere than his signature charming grin. A real smile. She leaned closer to him, and he could smell her shampoo. It seemed some things hadn't changed over the years since they dated. The rest of the drive was fairly silent as he blindly followed the GPS's directions, but it was a comfortable silence. So much so that Abe had to remind himself what the true goal of being on the show was, that her father would probably be watching, and if he even slightly stepped out of line on their agreement, who knows what kind of hell would be rained down upon him.

Pulling into the parking lot, Abe was only slightly afraid of accidentally hitting another car. But he was able to find a parking space. The restaurant appeared to be something upscale and fine dining, definitely worthy of the outfits they had been given. He was nervous, having never been to something so fancy before. Weren't there like multiple different types of silverware at these places? What if he chose the wrong one and embarrassed them? "Yeah," he answered, definitely not ready, "As ready as I'll ever be." The blonde man found himself standing alongside Olivia, feeling like a fish out of water while she glided around as if she owned the place. She was just confident and graceful like that. "Very nice," he agreed, still slightly distracted. A man in what appeared to be some sort of butler's outfit held the door for them as they approached, waiting until they were completely passed and in the restaurant before letting it close behind them. The inside was more immaculate than the out, with tile and art reminiscent of an Italian villa. Or at least what the ones in movies looked like.

"This way to your table," the man dressed as a butler said, leading them to a more secluded part of the restaurant. A table lined with a rich red velvet table cloth and topped with a lit candle awaited them. A classical piano was placed delicately in the corner, a man already at it playing a soft melody. Even the chairs were expensively carved oak. It was exactly the opposite of the hole-in-the-wall pubs with neon signs and a line of motorcycles parked out from that he was used to. Abel moved to pull Olivia's seat out for her before taking his own, still a bit in awe of where they were. The wine glasses on the table were quickly filled, and no menu was proved. It definitely seemed like one of those 'you get what they make you' type of places. "This is..." Abe began, letting out a breath before turning his attention back to Olivia. "I'm not quite sure I belong in a place like this."

coded by weldherwings.

Kaya

Montgomery

mood.
playful

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Gray ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

Kaya’s whole jawline was on fire after Cain’s lips touched her and once again, she felt passionate hatred. She hated herself for being this vulnerable to Cain’s antics even after all this time, even after he left her and never came back, gallivanting wherever he went. Kaya adamantly refused to admit that this man was her future because in her book, he was just a good-for-nothing drifter and she wanted to convince herself that he was the worst of the worst who took the best best years of her life. Naturally, she failed every time he came closer. If nothing else, their previous night was the most perfect evidence. So when Corryn offered shots, Kaya was there among the first ones, pouring fire water down her throat to get herself another reason why her insides were now burning bright.

As for the cooking itself, joy spilled all over Kaya when Natalie offered to cook. It meant she didn’t have to and maybe that was in the best interest of everyone in the room. She could prepare a few things, her instant ramen was definitely her signature dish. But anything more complicated than that? Hell no. She was sure Cain still remembered the time she wanted to be all cute and make breakfast in bed for them. A few dogs in the neighborhood still used her pancakes as biting toys and some kids even played hockey with them. So much for Kaya’s culinary arts. What definitely took her by surprise was the pairing. She was all about not wanting to do anything with Cain but when the blonde girl claimed him as her partner, Kaya’s eyes narrowed and she took another shot to stop herself from saying something she might regret later.

The brunette herself ended up with Gray and she nodded to the drinks. Alcohol was something she knew and it was not just simple pouring of cheap shots in a row. Kaya actually liked her job and took bartending seriously. With one more glance at Cain who seemed to be delighted to be working with Nat (or maybe it was just Kaya’s green-hazed vision now), she stepped towards Grayson. "I don't know whether to be happy or offended that I got such an easy job..." Gray told her and Kaya just laughed. “Happy! Definitely happy. Are you crazy? This is like the best job. Plus you get to be my taste-tester.” she smirked, using the same word as Natalie did for Cain on purpose. “You good with working on the bread while I fix a few drinks? Because I am in fact a real bartender.” she grinned and walked back to the liquor cabinet, drinking a few bottles she wanted. “You got any preference, pretty boy?” she asked and hopped around the kitchen to collect a few more necessities.

“Let’s start easy.” she hummed and reached for a bottle of bourbon. It honestly took her only a few moments to prepare two pretty glasses of Manhattan, topped with maraschino cherries. “There. Give it a shot.” she smirked and pushed one towards Gray, taking the other one herself. “Toast to the most efficient pairing I’d say.” And then she took a small sip from her glass, humming in appreciation. She really was good at this and her modesty was basically non-existent when it came to mixology. “Now, you tell me. Am I just playing a bartender on TV?” she teased Grayson back as she started to work on more drinks.

Last edited:
Declan

Bennet

mood.
laid back

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Corry ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Walking towards the kitchen, Declan was sort of hoping someone already started cooking something but the lack of food smells convinced him otherwise. He walked further when he realized Nat was not by his side. Glancing over his shoulder, he found her over with the production lady and narrowed his eyes in curiosity. “What was that about?” he hummed his question once Natalie rejoined him but they already entered the room and he decided to ask again later. It might have just been nothing but Declan had been around cameras and TV crews for long enough to understand the machinations. Plus, there was this tingling feeling in the pit of his stomach and something was telling him to be alert.

It took only a few moments to connect the dots, especially after Natalie started to talk lunch and the pair work was assigned. Dec was already looking forward to working with his beautiful ex again when she suddenly asked Cain to pair up with her. Dec winced slightly over that and his grip on the beer bottle tightened as if he wanted to crush the glass into sand. Didn’t Cain have his own ex to bother? Or was Natalie simply so determined not to be around Declan that she had to be sneaky like this? But when she assigned Kaya with Gray and Corry with him, it all clicked. Declan knew there was a reason Natalie was pulled over and this had to be it. Of course, Dec knew nothing for sure and it might very well be just Natalie’s own playfulness. But he was suspicious of the former.

Looking at Natty for a second too long, Declan snapped out of his reverie when another female voice sounded close to him and his stormy gaze found Corry. “Nope. It’s actually a piece of cake.” he grinned and took a long drink, emptying his bottle, disposing of it in a trash can before looking at the counter again. Corry managed to bring everything they needed and Declan nodded, looking over the options. He went over to wash his hands and as he was drying them, he watched Corry and her little realizations. "Don't tell anyone, but I'm not exactly the most skilled person in the kitchen. How are we supposed to cut all this up? Care to show me?" she asked and Declan saw the honest question in her eyes.

“Your secret’s safe with me.” he shot her a wink and took the long chef knife from her. “Grab those cherry tomatoes and a smaller knife and simply cut them in half, just like that.” he shrugged and stood behind her. His hand covered hers and he guided it the whole time as the small red orb fell apart in front of their eyes. “Easy as that, right? I guess you can use all of those, there’s six of us and we’re all hungry.” he told her as he reached for the lettuce, starting to cut it into small pieces. “I’m not exactly a chef either, you know. But I’m a dude and I live alone so I kinda have to do stuff if I want to eat.” he shrugged, very much aware that his knife skills were nowhere near perfect. He just did it as he could and tossed the cut up lettuce in a bowl. “So what do you do with your time when you don’t cook?”

Natalie Mayfair

The blonde half of the Teenage Dream couple was surprised to realize that she didn’t want to pair Declan up with someone else, but the ultimatum the producer had presented her with gave her little choice. She just gave her ex a nervous smile when he asked her what her discussion was about, and she bee-lined it for a shot. Alcohol had never really been her go-to solution for solving problems, but this show was quickly driving her to drink. Hopefully it would at least make dinner prep a little easier.

As the jobs and new pairs were doled out, Natalie did her best to ignore Dec’s wince and the others’ confused looks. She just tried to play it off as innocent random pairing, but it didn’t appear as anyone was buying it. Oh well, she wasn’t here for her acting skills.

The blonde tried to keep the conversation light as she and Cain began on their portion of the dinner. As the her partner went to find a pot for the noodles, she added the ground beef to the skillet to brown for the sauce and got to work dicing the bell pepper. Cain eventually found the pot and Nat nodded when he asked about adding water to boil on the stove. “Yep!” She said, popping her ‘p’ like the blue eyed man had a few moments ago. She nodded once more when he confirmed her name, but his next question caught her a little off guard.

Tell me, were you just trying to stir trouble or are you avoiding your ex? Natalie laughed a little, adding the peppers to the skillet, and glanced over at Cain as he leaned against the counter. “If trouble had been my goal, I would have just left you to work with Kaya,” She pointed out teasingly, turning her attention back to a jar of sauce she poured over the peppers and ground beef. “And I’m not avoiding Dec, so much as trying to get to know you I suppose…” She added, trying to keep her answers noncommittal.

What's your story, anyway? Why are you exes? Kaya and me, well…She left me. Or I guess I left her? I'm still not exactly sure what happened. For a moment Natalie hesitated, not wanting to air hers and Declan’s dirty laundry to Cain, even if he did share some of his own. But then she glanced over at Declan and saw him with his arms around Corry showing her how to cut vegetables. Although Natalie had done the pairing for lunch, arguably under a bit of duress, Dec sure hadn’t wasted anytime cozying up to help the other blonde. The familiar pang of hurt stabbed Natalie’s heart, as she was quickly reminded of finding out that Declan had been slept another girl while she was in Italy. Her grip tightened on the wooden spoon she was using to stir the sauce and she glanced away, tempted to take another shot.

Once she had gathered herself a little, her blue eyes returned to Cain, remembering he’d asked her a question, and she shrugged. “I thought I needed a little time to find myself… And he didn’t need any time to find himself on top of a red head.” She said matter of factly, trying to keep her tone casual and emotion-free.

Nat peered down at the water that Cain had heating on the stove, but the surface was still. “Once that starts boiling, just break the spaghetti in half and drop it in…” Natalie advised, trying to remain focussed on the task at hand instead of letting jealousy get the best of her. However, fearing a lull in the convo would give her too much time to dwell, she tipped her head curiously. “Why’d you leave?” She asked, referring to what Cain had said about the reason for his and Kaya’s breakup. “Or rather, why didn’t you go back after you left?”

The blonde glanced back down to give Cain time to answer as she chopped some basil leaves and added them and other spices to the sauce. Spooning some marinara onto the spoon after a few stirs, she held it up to Cain to try. “Alright, what do you think?” She asked, putting his taste testing skills to work.

A Little Jealous

Kitchen

nine lives

Grayson Moore

While his competitive nature usually prevented Grayson from making friends with his opponents, this show somehow felt less like a game and more like a house party right now. Sure they'd had the obstacle course earlier today, but there was no finish line in sight at the moment, so the marketing exec was happy to relax with the group in the kitchen.

The tall man wouldn't be hard pressed to admit he'd expected and rather looked forward to working with Corry as they all pitched in to make dinner. But Kaya seemed like a spitfire so far, and would be fun to work with as well. Really, Gray was finding that he liked everyone on the show well enough. The jury was still out on whether that was a good thing, or would make competing against everyone harder. The lack of a desire to completely destroy the competition was foreign to Gray, but he was enjoying it while it lasted.

His mouth widened into a grin when Kaya insisted that they should be happy about their assignment and that they had the best job. "Taste-tester, huh?" He repeated, her echoed use of Natalie's earlier phrase making him chuckle. Kaya and Cain had quite the hot and cold relationship, though he'd decided it was more the former than latter. "Happy to try as many drinks as you'd like..." He smiled, deciding that would be an excellent way to build his buzz.

When Kaya asked if he could handle the bread, he stood back up to full height, nodding and saluting her with the loaf of bread. "I'm on it!" He assured her, grabbing a bread knife while she went to look over at the liquor cabinet. You got any preferences, pretty boy? Typically, if anyone he was competing against had called him the moniker Kaya had used, he'd sling an insult back their way. But coming from the playful brunette, Grayson didn't mind so much. "Anything with dark liquor?" He suggested, pleased with Kaya's decision when she grabbed the bourbon.

While Grayson sliced the loaf of bread, he watched Kaya skillfully craft her cocktails like she could do it with her eyes closed. It was rather impressive, particularly so compared to his somewhat jagged cutting skills. So he wasn't a master with a bread knife, sue him. Uneven slices were better than squished bread. Unfortunately, Gray wasn't the only one who had difficulty with the simple task of cutting, and he glanced over to see Declan instructing Corry how to slice vegetables at quite an unnecessary proximity. At least in Gray's opinion. So much for the lack of desire to destroy his competition. Declan had just cemented himself as enemy number one, if he hadn't been already.

There. Give it a shot. Kaya's words broke Grason out of his thoughts, and he realized he was absent mindedly holding the knife as if ready to slice Declan up a bit. Delicately setting the potential weapon down and pushing it away from himself, the exec picked up the Manhattan offered to him. Toast to the most efficient pairing I'd say. Grayson peered down at Kaya, returning her smirk. "The others ain't got nothing on us." He agreed, clinking his glass against hers and bringing it to his lips. The amber liquid went down smoothly, with just enough bite to remind him he was alive. The pretty brunette teased him about his earlier question if she just played a bartender on TV, and he shook his head. "No, I'd say you've got quite a talent here. I'm impressed," Gray smiled, watching Kaya as he took another drink of the cocktail. "You must be everyone's favorite person, eh?" He asked with a wink.

After draining half the glass in a few easy swallows, Grayson moved to the fridge to grab some butter, swiping a few spices from Natalie on the way back. All the new pairs seemed to be getting on pretty well, and the kitchen was starting to fill with the aroma of their impending meal. As he went to work buttering the pieces of bread, his blue eyes flicked casually between Corry, Kaya and his task at hand. "So, did you always plan to grace the people with your mixologist talents? Or did you just luck into your calling?" He asked, a playful smile quirking one corner of his mouth up. "Is that how you met Cain?" His blue eyes shifted over to the man in question, spying him being asked to put his own taste testing skills to use, before returning to Kaya to judge her reaction.

Amused; Jealous

Kitchen

nine lives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back