• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Somebody I Used To Know | Main

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

olivia

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

camila cabello

crying in the club

The excitement that Olivia felt before was slowly being replaced by hunger, especially as they got closer to their destination. Finding out that it was an Italian restaurant, her favorite, only made that hunger grow. But that didn't mean she wasn't excited still, and even a little nervous. She wondered briefly what the others were up to, but since there was no way of knowing, she decided that she'd focus instead on her one on one time with Abel. It was definitely a reward, though she had to remind herself that this wasn't the old days. A pang of hurt hit hard but she swallowed it back as they got out of the car, heading for the front doors. The bright lights on the sign shone down on them, illuminating the entire parking lot, but they could have gone to McDonalds and she would have been happy. Her producer, not so much, but he wasn't here was he?

A man dressed in an impeccable suit opened the doors for them, allowing them to enter, and then they were led to a private table. She nodded in thanks as Abe pulled out her chair before finding his own. Though she'd been looking around the interior, she let her gaze land on him as he seated himself across from her. The discomfort on his face was obvious, or maybe it was just because she knew him. Either way, his words cemented the thought in her mind, and a playful smile presented itself on her lips as a waiter came to pour them a glass of red wine. "Says who?" She asked, reaching for her glass and bringing it to her lips. The wine was a bit dryer than she liked, but she was far from a wine snob. Moscato was her favorite because one, she could pronounce the name, and two, it was sweet as sin.

Setting her glass back down, Liv leaned forward. "Abel, I've told you a thousand times you belong anywhere you want to." And it was true; she remembered saying those exact words to him many times before. "Just because you'd rather be in jeans and a shirt with no sleeves working on a car doesn't mean you can't get dressed up once in a while and enjoy a dinner that better be amazing." She glanced down at the table, then looked back at him, tilting her head to the side slightly. "If I was going to be anywhere, though, I'm glad it's with you." She realized in that moment that she ached to be closer to him, but this was a table for two, large enough for their plates and glasses but that was about it. It wasn't like an Applebees where she could slide into the booth next to him. If he'd even want that.

Deciding to change the subject, she settled back in her seat, glancing up at the waiter as he brought two plates over. Setting one in front of each of them, Liv stared down at the colorful salad. She could practically already taste the crisp lettuce and Italian dressing, and the thought alone was making her mouth water. Reaching for her fork, she automatically glanced at Abel, offering him a small smile. Without a word, she stabbed a piece of lettuce and a cucumber piece, bringing the bite to her lips. The dressing wasn't overpowering, the lettuce just as crisp as it looked. A few bites in, she held her fork in the air, her eyes landing on Abe again. "How do you think it's going back at the house?" She asked him, thinking talking about the house might be a safer subject than the other things on her mind.

♡coded by uxie♡

cain

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

machine gun kelly

home

Cooking had never been Cain's strong suit, same with Kaya. Admittedly, Cain was better at it than Kaya, considering he was the older brother who'd had to take care of himself and Abel growing up while their mother was on a crazy binge. Still, he was no master chef, and he was lazy to boot. So most of the time, when he'd been with Kaya, it'd been fast food or something quick and easy. He'd grown to love her instant noodles, and he could make the best damn grilled cheese in the land. But this wasn't a grilled cheese or ramen noodles at their place; this was something far more complicated, and not just because of the meal itself. Natalie paired everyone up and Cain felt his anger automatically spike, but he calmed himself. It wasn't like Kaya and Grayson were going to start fucking on the counter. Or... they better not.

Shoving those thoughts aside, he went in search of a pot big enough for the noodles. He did a double take when he heard Natalie pop the 'p' in her response to him, a cock-eyed grin appearing on his face. She had spunk, he realized, and he liked it. Hell, it had been what first attracted him to Kaya. Instead of commenting on Natalie's response, he just kept his grin and thoughts to himself, running the water from the sink into the pot. When it was filled enough, he shut the water off and placed the pot on the stove, turning the burner on. He thought about small talk, but granted, had never really been good at that either. So his first question was a go big or go home one, but Natalie's laugh drew his attention back towards her. Now he grinned in her direction when she responded, and he shrugged one shoulder. "Fair enough."

He watched her work, letting out an 'uh-huh' that made it seem like he didn't believe her, that she was just trying to get to know him. "Trust me, you can do better than getting to know me." He glanced towards the pot, but the water inside was still calm. Turning back to Nat, he asked her what he story was with Declan, even telling her a little bit about himself and Kaya. He sensed her hesitation, but he figured if she didn't want to answer she wouldn't. But when he saw her glancing over at Declan, Cain followed suit, lifting a brow at what he saw. Nat turned her eyes back to him a moment later, and her answer clearly told Cain that she wasn't over what had happened. But, then again, was he really over Kaya and what had happened between them?

Speaking of... he looked over in his exes direction, narrowing his eyes when he saw her chatting it up with Grayson. "What?" He heard Nat speaking, but didn't register what she'd said until he tore his gaze away from Kaya and looked back at Nat. "Oh, right." He turned back to the water, wondering just how badly third degree burns hurt. Natalie speaking again distracted him from his murderous thoughts, and he chuckled but didn't look at her. "I guess I wanted to find myself too." He muttered, reaching for the noodles. Breaking them in half, he dropped them into the now boiling water, only looking up when he felt Nat's presence and heard her voice from beside him. She held out a spoonful of marinara and he leaned backwards on instinct before he realized what she was doing. "Oh, your taste tester is ready." He grinned, reaching out and placing his hand on her waist as he now leaned forward, tasting the marinara on the spoon. It really was good; the best he'd ever tasted. "Fuck, that's good." He told her, tightening his grip on her for a second before he released her to stir the noodles again. "Who taught you to cook, Nat?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Corryn Russell.

• It only took Declan shooting her a wink for her typical confident smirk to curve up Cory's lips. She was attracted to him, she couldn't deny that. But there was this nagging feeling at the back of her mind, or maybe in her stomach. Her heart even? Wherever it was, it was telling her not to act. Not try to seduce a guy on a weird not-dating dating show when his ex was literally in the same room as them, as was here. Girl code and all that. At least, that's what the blonde told herself was the reason. In reality, if she was more in tune with her emotions and better able to understand what they meant, she would have realized that the same connection that pulled her towards Grayson earlier was pulling her away from Declan. Despite their ups and downs of basing their entire relationship on a business partnership, there was something inside her that was more drawn to him than she had been to anyone else in her life. Grayson knew her mind, knew how she thought and worked and experienced. He just... knew her.

But, that didn't mean Corryn couldn't put on a mask, ignore those feelings, and flirt back. "Why thank you, how sweet," she answered with a grin. Her icy blue eyes watched as Dec gently took the knife and showed her how to cut the tomatoes. "Seems easy enough," the blonde responded with a shrug, taking back the knife and moving to begin the job. She felt her body stiffen ever so slightly when the brunette man moved behind her, a tingling sensation shooting up her spine. His hand covered hers, and Cory found herself leaning into him just a bit. He prevented her from cutting herself thankfully, and she was able to cut a tomato without serious injury. Using the knife to scoop up the cut tomato, she tossed it into the bowl and began working on the rest. And so there they stood, side by side, two people pretending to be perfect as they imperfectly cut up vegetables.

Declan's voice caught her attention, and her gaze shifted to him only for a very brief moment. Any longer, and she would surely have cut a finger off. She was acutely aware of the camaraderie between Grayson and Kaya, slightly annoyed at how well they seemed to be getting along, especially because alcohol was involved. But Gray was single, right? He could do what he wanted. It wasn't any of her business. As much as she wanted to make it her business. "I'm a marketing executive at Russell & Sons in L.A. Aside from that and the occasional bar, I can't say that I have much of a personal life. Though, I can't complain. It got me a place on this show, and the free vacation has definitely been worth it," Corryn answered, offering him a smile. It was the truth, though when she said occasional bar, that usually meant a one-night-stand. "What about you? Is there a social life for the great Declan Bennet outside of football?"

coded by weldherwings.

Abel Rothenberg.

• Maybe it was the suit, made from expensive material that tickled his skin and wasn't stained with grease. Or maybe it was the expensive car they arrived in. Hell, it could also definitely be the luxurious atmosphere of the restaurant. Or all of those things combined. Whatever the case, Abel felt entirely out of his element. He reached out to take a sip from the crystal glass of red liquid and had to refrain from making a face. It was strong, bitter, and left a fuzzy texture in his mouth that, if he were more of a wine connoisseur, he would attribute to tannins. Abe sat the glass back down, finding he felt increasingly nervous and anxious about the date. It was strange for him, never having felt that awkward on dates before. He was normally the calm, cool, and collected one, confident with women. But, that confidence waned the longer he was around Olivia and on that show.

The only solace Abel found then was the delicious smells floating out from the kitchen and the beautiful woman sitting across from him. He couldn't help but wonder what was happening back at the mansion they called home for the time being. If Cain was still making an ass of himself in front of Kaya, or if anyone was butting heads with someone else. That was the whole point of the show, right? To create that enticing drama between exes that viewers craved? Well, so far, he and Olivia had kept things civil. For the most part. Abe knew that her father would be watching his every move, and he could only assume that their deal didn't exactly have an expiration date. Olivia's voice pulled him from his thoughts, and he found himself mirroring the playful smile she wore on her perfect lips. "Says that man in a suit over there who keeps eyeing me like I'm about to steal his steak," he answered with a grin, nodding towards the indicated man, who quickly looked away.

Her next words caused the blonde man to smile a real, sincere smile. He remembered her telling him that several times throughout their relationship. And Abel loved the naivety of that statement. Maybe he didn't care as much about the looks, the stares, the words whispered behind hands. But, he had learned that there were far worse things that could be said or done than simple judgment. "If it's not amazing, this suit will be all for nothing," he responded with a teasing tone, shrugging his shoulders. Though it had seemed as though the tension between them had begun to dissipate, it was quickly re-established from Olivia's statement. But this time, it felt like a good tension, one that he could smile at. "I'm glad I'm here with you too, Liv," Abel replied, feeling himself open up a bit more. But almost immediately, that was cut short by the waiter placing salads in front of them.

Abel had never been much of a rabbit food guy. But he couldn't deny that the crisp vegetables and what he assumed were homemade dressing were delicious. His stomach rumbled quietly in hunger, and the mechanic immediately began to dig in with any cares of whether or not he was using the right fork thrown to the wind. His plate was nearly empty when Olivia spoke up again, and he paused for a moment to consider her question. "If I had to guess, I would say it probably isn't going well. Cain and Kaya can barely be in the same room as one another, let alone work together to make a meal. My brother isn't exactly the best cook, so someone's going to have to lead the pack. I imagine either Cory or Gray would take that lead, they seem like the alpha types," he answered, finishing off the last of his salad before looking up at her. "I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the house burned down by the time we got back. So, I'd much rather be eating dinner with you instead of in the middle of that chaos. Though, I think we could work together better than they can."

coded by weldherwings.

Kaya

Montgomery

mood.
playful

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Gray ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

Despite the whole mix-up idea, Kaya realized she was quite satisfied not only with the task in front of her but her partner as well. The division of work was clear. While she worked on the drinks, Gray was in charge of the bread, simple as that. It all seemed to be working and Grayson’s little antics with bread salutations even made Kaya laugh which was even a little surprising as the tall man looked a bit too serious for her taste. Happy that the first impression was deceiving and proved to be false, the brunette returned to the drinks and mixed the first one, pouring it in tall glasses. For now, she only made two for her and Gray, calling him her taste-tester. Kaya was nothing if not petty and she knew exactly why she used the expression. From the corner of her eye, she kept watching Cain and Natalie and conflict started to bubble in her. Since when did she care what her ex was doing anyway? She shouldn’t and yet, the green monster was slowly crawling up her spine.

Gray praised her mixology skills after having a taste of Manhattan and a small smile of pride tugged on Kaya’s lips. It had been forever since someone actually appreciated what she did and warmth spilled inside of her as she nodded and sipped her own drink. “I don’t know about favorite. But it’s certainly nice to be appreciated. Good to know at least some people have class.” she laughed and took a long, healthy sip again. Setting the glass aside, she then collected a few more ingredients to work on her next creation. “I mean, it’s a job.” Kaya shrugged over Gray’s question, lifting her gaze for a second to meet his eyes before she looked back down at her hands. “I needed a job and found bartending. Mixology somehow happened, I did a few courses and here I am, making drinks. Though I do honestly enjoy what I do.” she explained, thinking a little back to her past and how her only motivation used to be leaving her home and not ending up like her junkie parents.

“Cain? Nah. We met at school. But we really started to see each other after. I was taken back then but after graduation…I guess things just happened and …” Kaya stopped talking because as she told the story, she automatically looked at her ex and froze. Her lips formed a really thin line but she had worked in pubs for long enough to know how to mask her rage.Clearing her throat, she pretended to sneeze a little and continued. “...things just happened, that’s all.” And right after that, she emptied her Manhattan completely. The liquor burned her throat just enough to kick a bit but before she managed to get over one drink, a Long Island was prepared right in front of her. Her petty nature was yearning to come out and the grip on the glass tightened as she poured one for Gray as well. “Can you handle one more?” she laughed, obviously teasing him slightly. Taking a few more steps towards him, she knew what her little plan was. Stumbling on her own feet, her hand flew and grabbed the counter for balance but her other hand still managed to spill half of the Long Island all over Gray’s shirt. “Fuck!” she exclaimed, not even hiding the laughter. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I’m such a klutz!” she apologized and grabbed a clean rag, attempting to salvage at least something. Her left hand rested softly on Gray’s chest as she wiped his shirt, trying to soak as much of the liquid as possible. “I apologize, I really didn’t mean to do that. I hope it’s not completely ruined. Though I think you should soak it so it won’t leave a stain.” The innocent tone of her voice was almost melodious but inside, the devil cackled out loud. And she also knew Cain was watching, too.

code: @s e v e n

Declan

Bennet

mood.
annoyed

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Corry ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

There were many ways how Natalie could get back at Declan but this one, that was just low. She could have told him she didn’t want to team up and they could just deal with the situation like two adults but yeah, sure, she simply decided to cause a little bit of drama. Where did she become this kind of person? Dec remembered her as a sort of a peacemaker. After all, she was the class president and she was able to make people work together. All sorts of people. And yet, it sure seemed that her skills worked on everyone but them. But Declan was not going to throw a tantrum on national television, he knew better than to give the producers what they wanted. No. Instead, he embraced his new role and walked over to Corry so they could start preparing the salad which sounded like a way too easy task. And Declan decided not to overthink it in any way. It was just a salad, man!

Admittedly, Declan was acting the way he acted mostly to piss Natalie off a little. He positioned himself behind Corryn and his smirk only grew when he felt her slim form leaning into him. He could smell her shampoo from her blonde locks and while he was not trying to seduce her or anything, he had to say that flirting with an attractive girl like her was more than appealing. Not to overstay his welcome behind Corry, Declan moved back to his station after he was sure she wouldn’t cut her fingers off and began working on his part while conversing lightly. “Okay, but that sounds like an overly stressful life. Have you heard the expression live a little before?” he teased, throwing a handful of green leaves inside a big bowl. And yet, her question had him literally blush.

“Touché.” he laughed. “No, actually. No social life except football. The second I show my face at a bar, there is someone with their camera ready. It’s just not worth it, you know. They always find new ways of making you look like a fool on the front page of every tabloid. And honestly, I kinda like staying in, playing some Xbox, listening to music. When you’re among people most of the day, most of the week and so on, you learn to appreciate those short moments you actually have for yourself.” he explained and offered a small crooked smile. With a soft sigh, he turned to see what Natty was doing and gripped his knife even more. With Cain’s hand on her hip, they both looked awfully intimate at this point and for a moment, Declan wondered how long would he have to stay in jail if he impaled Cain on his knife on live TV. “I also think some drinks would be nice, how about you?” he hummed after a while and kept cutting the greens as if they had hurt him before. “You think Kaya and Gray have some ready for all of us?”

Natalie Mayfair

When it came to the list of things Natalie Mayfair was good at, lying was not one of them. She avoided dishonesty as much as possible, but this show was making it very difficult to tell the truth. As such, it came as no surprise to the blonde when Cain didn't seem to buy her excuse of wanting to get to know him, but he thankfully didn't press the matter much further than saying she could do better than that. Perhaps Natalie should have just gone with the easier lie that she was trying to avoid Declan... but the softer feelings towards him that had resurfaced thanks to the painkillers made it impossible to blame him for the partner mix up. Though, those feelings took a hit when she spotted him cozying up behind Corryn while they cut up vegetables, and the truth did eventually pour out as Cain inquired into hers and Declan's story.

Maybe Nat was a little jealous, or maybe Cain seemed like a sympathetic ear since he'd aired his own dirty laundry first, but after trying to avoid spilling hers and Dec's drama in front of the cameras, it felt freeing to tell someone. Besides, it would have come out eventually, if Dec hadn't spoken about things in a confessional already. With Pandora's box now open, the blonde inquired more into Cain and Kaya's past. She noticed the man looking at the brunette mixing drinks with the tall marketing exec, and wondered if she'd had a similar expression on her face when she saw Dec with Cory. At least she wasn't alone in finding it hard to see her ex being friendly with someone else. When Cain replied that he'd left to go find himself too, Nat was tempted to ask if he'd succeeded... but decided against it at the last minute. If they were both on this show, it was rather safe to say neither Natalie or Cain had found what they were looking for on their respective searches.

Instead, Natalie held a spoonful of sauce out to Cain for him to try in an attempt to lighten the mood. The act seemed to catch him by surprise as the man leaned back for a moment, and Nat smiled apologetically for interrupting his thoughts. Cain was quick to recover though and grinned as he made good on his earlier proclamation of being the best taste tester around. His hand found its way to Natalie's waist for balance as he leaned forward, and the blonde had to tighten her hold on the spoon to keep from dropping it out of surprise. It was such a silly and innocent moment of contact, but it reminded her of those times she'd cooked with Declan when he'd been her taste tester. Brushing away those memories of her ex, Nat focussed on the attractive man that was currently before her.

Blue eyes watched intently as Cain tasted the marinara, waiting for his appraisal... before lighting up at his positive review. His grip tightened for a second, and the blonde's cheeks flushed proudly. "I'm glad you think so!" She replied, stepping back away when he let her go and lowering the heat on the stove to a simmer while they waited for the noodles to finish. "My grandmother..." Nat replied, turning and leaning against the counter now that her part was done. "Food was definitely her love language, and she spent more time in the kitchen teaching us all how to cook than anything else I think." A nostalgic smile tugged at Nat's mouth as she started to get lost in memories of simpler days, before a bit of commotion in the kitchen drew her attention over to Kaya and Grayson.

The brunette woman was worrying over Gray's shirt as she tried to clean up what Natalie imagined was a spill all down his chest. He was being a good sport about the "accident" and laughing it off, but as Nat glanced between the clean up scene and Cain, the latter man was decidedly not laughing. The expression if looks could kill came to mind as Natalie watched Cain, though she wasn’t sure if the victim was Grayson or Kaya. "Cain...?" The blonde began, trying to distract him before she became witness to a crime of passion. While this was exactly what the producer who had put her up to mixing up the pairs had wanted, Natalie rather liked the man she'd partnered with and didn't want him to fall victim to the show's schemes. Though, as Kaya's hands found their way over Gray's chest, Natalie had a feeling her attempts at running interference would be futile. "Um, looks like the noodles might be done..."

Uh Oh

Kitchen

nine lives

Grayson Moore

Kaya had been right- they had gotten the best job. None of the other people were sipping on boozy beverages while they worked. Gray nodded as Kaya spoke about how she'd gotten into mixology, glancing between her and the bread he was buttering as elegantly as possible. His brows furrowed as he assessed his work so far, hoping that the group wouldn't mind chunks of butter here and there. He probably should have warmed the spread first, but too late now. Picking up a piece that was too mutilated by his novice skills to serve, Grayson took a bite to keep his stomach from growling. "Well, enjoying what you do is all you can ask for, right?" He replied between bites. "Otherwise, what's the point of doing it?"

This comment may have been an over simplification of things, but for the man who devoted his life to his job, it was hard for him to think of doing something he didn't like day in and day out. He loved working in marketing, and while he didn't fall into it quite like Kaya found bartending, he was happy with his career path. All the work over the years, all the late nights, all the ladder climbing, everything he'd sacrificed to get to where he was now had been worth it. Well... Gray's gaze shifted over to the blonde woman working on the salad, lingering there on Cory for a moment as he considered their sacrificed relationship. He was still working for the enemy company, so it must have been worth it, right?

Popping the last bite of bread into his mouth, Grayson returned his attention to Kaya as she answered his question about how she and Cain met. However, midway through her explanation Kaya became distracted by her ex putting his taste testing skills to use and froze. The marketing exec had a feeling the brunette wasn't going to be very pleased by her ex being fed by Natalie, even if it was innocent enough, and didn't really blame her. He'd been annoyed watching the football player show Cory how to cut stupid vegetables, so there seemed to be a lot of jealousy going around. Kaya recovered though after sneezing, and ended her story rather vaguely before downing the rest of her drink. Grayson couldn't help but chuckle a little watching the petite woman. "Bottoms up, huh?" He joked, lifting his own glass to his lips to match her. Misery loved company, right?

Before he could even set his empty glass back down though, Kaya was already teasingly asking if Gray could handle another drink. "I guess we're about to find out, huh..." He replied grinning. Curious whether Kaya's long islands were as good as her manhattans, Grayson was looking forward to drink number two... which ended up on his shirt instead of in his outstretched hand. Somehow in the few feet between them, Kaya had tripped and the drink was sent splashing onto the marketing exec. Gray had reflexively shot out a hand to help save Kaya from a spill, but there was nothing he could do to save his shirt. The cold drink had soaked through the fabric, which was now clinging to his sculpted chest.

Letting Kaya go, Gray raised his hand to wave off her apology. "It's okay, I've had worse poured on me..." He assured the brunette, laughing the whole thing off. Before he could grab something to clean up with, the young woman's hand was on his chest while the other one blotted at the stain. In any other circumstance, having a beautiful woman so attentively try to help him would have been divine, and he definitely would have used it to his advantage. But after catching the expression on Cain's face out of the corner of his eye, Gray thought better of making a move on Kaya in front of her ex. "Really, it's okay. No harm, no foul." He assured the brunette as she apologized again. Still, not one to be intimidated by other men, Gray couldn’t help but fuck with his competitor. Just a little bit.

Giving Kaya's hands an appreciative squeeze, Grayson lowered them from his chest. “Thanks, I think you’re right,” he smirked, and in one smooth move, he slipped his shirt up and off over his head. Holding the stained garment in hand, he looked from it to Kaya. "So do I just soak it in water then? Or do I need to add baking soda or something?" He asked Kaya, now standing before her in his shirtless glory.

nine lives

olivia

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

camila cabello

crying in the club

It was clear to Liv that Abel wasn't comfortable here, and she could understand why. This wasn't his element, not by a long shot. Even back when they'd been together, it wasn't as though she could bring him to the fancy events that she'd had to attend. It wasn't that she'd ever wanted to hide Abel, but really, what choice were they given? If her father had found out just how Liv felt for Abel, he would have shipped Abe off quicker than she could blink. As it was, Abe had just up and disappeared from her life, leaving her crying tears of desperation and despair in her garage as he gave her a half-assed goodbye. Though she didn't know the real reason he'd left, the memory was still a sore spot for her, and she quickly shoved the memory aside. She didn't need it ruining the mood of tonight. Even if tonight was just... tonight.

She truly hoped her words erased some of the discomfort he felt, and to her relief, he smiled a real smile at her. "I wouldn't say it's for nothing. If the food here sucks, we'll stop at McDonald's on the way home. I haven't had french fries in forever." Shrugging gently, she smiled as she reached for her wine, using it to hide the blush that appeared on her face as he returned her sentiment. Salads were placed in front of them a moment later, distracting them both. A few bites into the plate, she mused aloud about how things were going back at the house, and his response brought a smile to her face. "You've really been studying the competition, Abe." She told him, gently stabbing a cherry tomato. "Well, not that we don't already know exactly how your brother and Kaya are."

His comment about the house being burned down caused a giggle to escape her, and she lifted a hand to cover her mouth. "I think we can. We won this, after all." Gesturing to the table, she slid her gaze down to it as well. "Though honestly, do these people really think wine goes with everything?" Setting her fork back down, she leaned back in her seat, her eyes scanning the people around them. Almost immediately, she spotted a waiter and raised her hand, trying to get his attention. "Excuse me!" She called out, her voice gentle but still commanding. The kid scurried over, and Olivia wasted no time. "Listen, I'm not much of a wine gal, you know? Do you think I can get something with tequila instead? And grab a cognac for him, too, while you're at it. If you're still a cognac guy, that is."

The waiter looked a little stunned, but they both turned their gazes to Abel. "Right away, ma'am." The boy mumbled, taking their glasses away from the table. Liv watched him go before she looked back at Abel, hearing her mother's voice clear as day in her mind. Never be afraid to go after what you want, Olivia. Even though the woman had been talking about something that didn't quite fit this situation, Liv knew the words fit anyway. Her mother would never approve of Abel either, and she would swear to her dying day that she'd never said those words if it meant Liv couldn't use them against her. But what was the point of this life if you spent it doing what other people wanted you to do? She kept her thoughts to herself as they continued to eat their salads, their new drinks arriving a short time later. "Much better." She spoke after she sipped at the colorful drink. "What about you?"

♡coded by uxie♡

cain

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

machine gun kelly

home

Cain had had his doubts about this teaming up exercise, even if it was for something as supposedly simple as making dinner. And sure enough, his intuition had been right. Nat was doing her best to keep the conversation with Cain casual, both when talking about her own life and ex and when inquiring about his. Cain didn't mind her questions, but he also wasn't about to go into detail with what had happened between him and Kaya. Mostly because if he really thought about it, he wasn't fully sure himself. Things between them were up and down, sure, but the point of their relationship had always been that they had each other's backs. No matter what. But had he had her back when he packed his shit and left? He knew the answer to that question, but he just couldn't admit it to himself.

Nat's waist was soft under his touch, much like Kaya's had always been, just different. He remained like that until he pulled away from the spoon, complimenting her sauce. She seemed more than pleased with knowing it tasted good, and honestly, the innocence about her smile brought one to his own face. That smile faded some when he thought about Kaya over there with Grayson, but to distract himself, he asked Nat who'd taught her to cook. Leaning against the counter, his back to his ex, he listened to her explanation with that smile returning to his face. "That's really nice." He told her, a note of sadness in his voice as he spoke. "Kinda makes me wish Abe and I had had a mother who taught us how to cook more things than just heroin." He shrugged, just about to turn to the noodles when a commotion caught both of their attention.

When he turned around, the scene before him had him seeing red. His hands balled into fists by his sides as Gray tore that shirt off of his upper body in one swift motion, and he almost didn't hear Nat as she called out to him again. Her words went into one ear and out the other, though it took him a good minute before he turned back around to look at the blonde. "Right." He told her, his words slow, calculated even. "The noodles." Looking over at the pot, he turned the burner off with more force than was necessary. Grabbing the handle of the pot, he stayed there for a moment, and might even look to the others like he was considering dumping it on Gray. But then, the look faded from his face and he just turned, bringing the noodles with him to the sink. He dumped them into the strainer, working calmly as he shook them to get rid of the excess water before dumping them back into the pot.

"I think we should test them." He reached into the strainer, grabbing a stray noodle that had remained behind. "Now it's your turn to be my taste tester." Laughing softly, he turned back to Nat, holding the noodle out to her. He moved closer to her, waiting for her to open her mouth before he started to drop the noodle inside. His hand opened as it descended, brushing against her cheek before he dropped it back to his side, giving her a soft nod. "Good?" He asked, flashing her a grin before he turned back to the others. Though on the inside, he was still raging, on the outside he was forcing himself to pretend like nothing was bothering him. If he let his rage go here, there's no way he wouldn't end up in jail before sundown. "I think we can eat now, right?" He asked, moving closer to where Kaya and Gray stood. "I didn't realize this was that kind of party." He commented, sliding his gaze over to Kaya, a dangerous smirk present on his lips. "Got drinks for everyone, Kaya? Or were you too distracted to make the rest?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Corryn Russell.

• While Corryn was strong-willed, confident, and straightforward on the outside, she did second-guess herself now and again. The choices she made weren't always the right ones, she knew. But what kind of leader would she be if she didn't stand by them? Cory could take responsibility for her mistakes, sure. But she also would make sure to correct them and never make them again. That was all in her work life, not necessarily in her personal life. If she did make up for her personal life mistakes, she would have apologized to Grayson a long time ago for the way their relationship went and eventually ended. They worked well together and were good together. But she wasn't sure she would ever be able to get over her perfectionist nature to admit that. And so, she let the whole situation with Declan happen. Maybe it was an attempt to get Gray to notice her, to make him jealous. Or perhaps she was just feeling flirty.

"Overly stressful? Maybe," Corryn responded with a light laugh, her blue eyes finding Declan again. "But fulfilling. I can relax when I'm retired." It was surprisingly easy to talk to the brunette football player. They were like-minded in a way, both with jobs that leveraged a lot of pressure on their shoulders. They constantly had a lot of expectations from their peers, a lot of eyes watching their every move. Though, his reasoning was far different from hers. She wasn't a celebrity with paparazzi following her. At least, not before this reality show anyway. Who knows what would happen afterward? Nevertheless, she did enjoy nights in, listening to music and taking time for herself. That being said, there were a few nights when she didn't bring her work home with her. The concept of a work-life balance wasn't a part of Corryn's vocabulary. "Yeah, I think I can understand that," the blonde marketing executive responded, thinking about the few moments she did have to herself and how much she truly enjoyed them. Ever the observant one, Cory followed Dec's line of sight and found him looking at Natalie.

While she wasn't entirely sure what the situation was between those two, it was pretty clear he still had feelings for her. Either that, or he was just the jealous type. Nevertheless, the topic of Gray and Kaya and alcohol came to the forefront, and Corryn turned her attention to the bartending pair. But, she felt a tightening in her chest as she watched Kaya blot at a fresh stain on Gray's shirt. They were a little too close for her liking, and while she didn't know Kaya that well, something in her gut made her not trust her right away. It certainly didn't help that Grayson's response was to take off his shirt. A searing pain filled her hand as she went to cut another tomato, distracted by the Kaya-Gray situation. Glancing down, she realized she had nicked her index finger with the knife, and it was dripping blood. The cut didn't look bad enough to need stitches, but it was certainly making a mess. Cory immediately rushed to the sink, running the would under cold water. "Anyone got a bandaid?"

coded by weldherwings.

Abel Rothenberg.

• Abel wasn't the type of guy that did well in school. He wasn't all that book smart, barely making it through high school. Sometimes he wondered if they only let him graduate because they were tired of having to reprimand him only for it to go in one ear and right out the other. A high school diploma came in handy to get the job at the Kennedy Estate. Looking back, he knew now that he was likely hired for having the experience to do the job correctly, but not the education to require hire pay that other applicants might request. Whatever the case, there was no way in the world he could ever have enough money to go to college. And so instead, Abel went directly to work. He had garnered all that experience and practical knowledge, those street smarts, from years of needing to take care of himself just to survive. Odd jobs here and there kept corner store food in his belly and a roof above his head. So, even though he wasn't exactly the best with his mind, he was pretty damn good with his hands.

Maybe that was why he had started to think so strategically about the reality show and the competition of it all. Living on the streets meant learning who to talk to and who to avoid, who might not backstab you in an alliance, and who would most certainly throw you under the bus if they had the chance. That all become incredibly clear when he was nearly taken down for working for a front covering a chop shop that he barely knew existed. If it wasn't for Liv's father and the impossible position he put Abe in, the blonde man was sure he would be behind bars, or worse. He took another bite of his food, letting out a low chuckle. "McDonald's fries are the best late-night snack after all. You've been missing out." He continued through the food, though he still had no idea if he was using the right fork or eating the right way. Why did there have to be so many rules with food? Why couldn't he just enjoy it the way he wanted to? Keeping up appearances was exhausting.

"I wouldn't say studying. Maybe just observing. They're not exactly making it hard," Abel replied, shooting Olivia one of his signature charming grins. His eyes widened in slight surprise when Olivia called the waiter over, looking up at the suited man in a bit of confusion. His eyes widened even more when she ordered a tequila for herself and a cognac for him. He was rather surprised she remembered his drink of choice. What had started as a cheap liquor to get drunk off of eventually developed into a favorite. It wasn't long until the drinks were sat in front of them, and he took a sip. It was definitely different than the cheap stuff that he usually had. But the familiarity was there, and he appreciated it. "Fantastic, thank you," Abe responded, smiling sincerely. It put his nerves a bit at ease. No sooner than they were done with their salads were the plates replaced with a perfectly plated surf and turf. A bacon-wrapped steak was topped with plump shrimp, and a side of garlic mashed potatoes and herb-roasted asparagus lay alongside it. Not exactly what Abe expected but still a welcome change. "I'm surprised you remembered my favorite drink, it's been a while."

coded by weldherwings.

Kaya

Montgomery

mood.
helpful

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Gray ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ); Cory ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

It had to be clear to everyone, in the kitchen and at their TVs that the drink accident was actually no accident. Had Kaya known this was indeed a part of the plan, a machination created by the production team, she would have played along in a different way. But she only had a little hunch and couldn’t know for sure. Naturally, things misfired in several directions and while no large chaotic mayhem arose, the jealousy in the kitchen was so thick one could cut through it. Kaya had no idea what the other couples did or didn’t have between each other. All her focus went to winning this thing and that was not possible until she and Cain figured their shit out. Back in their room, it seemed it was going to happen and soon. But here? The situation seemed to be rolling down the hill like an avalanche, taking everything with it and Kaya felt her own green monster slowly climbing up her back, whispering all sorts of wrongs in her ear.

That was exactly why she went on with the drink accident, spilling all the sticky contents of the glass on Gray’s shirt. She was not going to go too far, or at least not far enough to tarnish her reputation on the first day of the show but Cain had to realize that his bullshit, the very same one he had been pulling for years and years of their relationship, was eventually going to bite him in the ass. Ignoring her ex completely, Kaya tried to blot as much liquor as she could but a part of her knew that she might have ruined the shirt completely. It clung to Gray’s chest, copying the muscles and Kaya gave it a brief but appreciative look. The team on this show really made sure the male cast was a real treat to look at.

Gray was really cool about the whole situation and Kaya felt a little relieved that her shenanigans were about to go unpunished. There were all sorts of reactions Gray could have gone for but he chose to be a good sport about it which gave him a few bonus points in Kaya’s eyes. And then the shirt disappeared from his body and uncovered the marble figure resembling one of those classic Greek athlete statues and Kaya had to bite the inside of her cheek not to react. Or at least, not to react in a way that would get her in trouble. Soon, her puzzled expression was replaced with a smirk and she took the shirt from Gray’s hands. “Come on, I’ll help. It’s the least I can do.” she offered just as Cain called her.

“Just grab another beer, it’s not like you drink cocktails anyway.” she returned his snark and walked over to the sink. If Cain had been quiet and minded his own business, Kaya would have backed off. But no, he chose to run his smart mouth so to poke the bear even more, her small hand slipped in Gray’s and she led him to the sink. However, she was not the only one who wanted to use it. Cory was faster and Kaya noticed a flash of red as the girl was rinsing her cut, her station partner rushing to help her. Letting go of the marketing executive’s hand, Kaya sighed and admitted this was a bit more serious than her personal vendetta against Cain. “I promise I’ll get it clean.” she smiled at Gray and handed the piece of clothing back to him before approaching the drawers. “I’ll look for it, there has to be a pack of bandaids somewhere around here.” she offered to Cory as she started to go through the drawers. “They had to count on injuries. One way or another…” she mumbled under her breath, rumbling through the contents of drawers.

Declan

Bennet

mood.
jealous

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Cory ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Talking to Corryn felt so natural Declan didn’t even notice the time passing by. It had been such a long time since he actually had a conversation with a woman. A normal conversation about life or anything else with a woman who was not either an eager fan trying to get to his sheets or a lady getting him ready for a public appearance. His one-night stands were not great conversationalists and Dec didn’t even want them to be. He needed them for different things and they could handle that. When the morning came, they said their goodbyes and Declan returned to his lonely household and his bachelor life. Maybe it was even for the best. His lifestyle was too busy, he was away from home most of the time and it wasn’t probably the best setting for a healthy relationship anyway. But it still had him wondering what if…

One look at Natalie had him seeing red. Cain was awfully close to her and Dec wasn’t sure he appreciated that proximity. Trying to distract himself, he asked about drinks but the other couple was also getting kind of close and Declan now started to see what Cain was possibly doing and why. It still didn’t make his desire to stab him any less pressing but at least Dec could relate to the jealousy. Why he was jealous, he didn’t even know. He shouldn’t have felt that searing pang in his stomach. He and Natty were not a couple anymore, were they? After all, this was a show about exes. And yet, the footballer couldn’t help himself.

Several things happened at once. Declan ignored whatever Kaya and Gray were doing, it didn’t concern him. But they were doing their own thing while Cain fed Natalie a noodle and that was the last drop. Declan dropped the knife, it landed on the cutting board with a loud clatter and he made a move towards the pair to teach Cain not to put his grubby hands on Nat and at the very same time, Cory beelined towards the sink and asked for a bandaid. “Fuck.” he mumbled and rushed to the sink to see the damage. His hand reached for Cory’s hand and gently inspected the wound.

Kaya came closer and offered to help. She started going through the drawers while Declan helped Cory clean the cut. “I stop watching you for a second and here you are trying to maim yourself?” he grinned, teasing her a little. “Do we have that bandaid?” he looked at the small brunette but it seemed she needed a little more time. Declan then reached for a clean towel and pressed it on the cut to soak up some blood right before Kaya’s victorious “a-ha” sounded and she set a pack of bandaids on the counter. She then handed Dec one of them and he peeled the cover off, gently wrapping the piece around Cory’s index finger. “Well, you’ll live, ma’am. We managed to save that finger.” he smiled, holding her hand for a moment longer before letting it go. “Cain, dude, how are the noodles? Have you tested them enough or you guys need a moment longer?” he called out to the other pair, hints of sour lacing his tone. “Or do you need my help?” God, he wanted to punch the man for touching Natty that way…

Natalie Mayfair

One moment Cain was smiling as he asked the blonde who taught her to cook, and the next he was commenting that his mother had only taught him and Abel to cook meth. Natalie’s smile was replaced by a surprised look and her mouth parted silently. She didn’t really know what to say to that and a simple “I’m sorry” felt too cheap. Commotion in the kitchen stole their attention though as the pair looked over at Gray and Kaya, and the moment for Nat to say anything was gone.

Fearing that Cain might do something rash when Gray removed his shirt while Kaya offered to clean it, Natalie was relieved when he merely took his anger out on the burner he turned off with unnecessary force. The blonde watched Cain as he tended to the noodles, simmering like the sauce on the stove. Her eyes travelled to the other pairs in the kitchen once more as they neared being ready for dinner.

Production was definitely getting the tension they wanted and Nat was feeling guilty for letting herself be blackmailed into inciting it. Maybe that’s why when Cain decided they should test the noodles, the blonde played along with the ploy to get back at his ex. Well, that and her earlier shot was mixing with the pain killers and she figured why the hell not. Natalie laughed lightly when Cain said it was her turn to be his taste tester. “Well I suppose it’s only fair…” She grinned a little as he came over with the noodle. “Though it’s hard to compete with the best.” Tipping her head back slightly, Natalie opened her mouth to allow him to drop the noodle in. She had a feeling this was just all for show, but his hand brushing against her cheek still caught her a little by surprise, making the skin where he touched grow warm. Oh he was good. And so were the noodles. Natalie was about to tell the grinning Cain as much before she heard the clattering of a knife on a cutting board.

Glancing in the direction of the noise, she noticed Declan starting towards her and Cain with an irritated expression on his face. He didn’t get far though before his attention was diverted to Corryn as she rushed to the sink to clean her cut finger. Natalie felt the air leave her like a deflated balloon when her ex rushed to the other blonde’s side to tend to her finger. Memories of Declan helping to wrap her ankle earlier replayed in her head, and what had seemed like a tender moment earlier now felt hollow. Maybe that was Dec’s move these days- come to the rescue of any damsel in distress. It was silly to feel so… disappointed? Was that the feeling?

Between Declan, Kaya and Grayson who didn’t look too pleased either helping Corryn, Natalie felt they had the situation under control. Too many cooks in the kitchen obviously would only spell more disaster. So instead, Natalie turned away from the scene, not wanting to watch Declan play doctor to another woman. Nat felt bad that Corryn had been hurt, and it wasn’t like she wanted Declan to ignore someone in need either. So she shouldn’t feel so irked. Besides, she knew better to fall victim to the show’s antics, but the pang of jealousy was still there.

To distract herself Natalie added the sauce to one serving bowl and the noodles to another. She was about to bring them to the table when Declan called over to Cain about the noodles, his voice still carrying the irritation that had been on his face earlier. Nat glanced at her ex, who looked like he wanted to punch something. Likely Cain. Maybe the noodle stunt had been a mistake? “The noodles are perfect, we’re done.” Natalie replied casually, trying to dispel the tension. “If you want to help, you can bring the rest of the food over.” The blonde added, balancing the sauce bowl in one hand and the noodles in another as she walked to the table.

Disappointed

Kitchen

nine lives

Grayson Moore

A confident smirk tugged at the corner of Gray’s mouth as he noticed the appreciative look Kaya gave him, or rather his muscles, when the shirt clung to his skin. It was too tempting not to, and soon Grayson’s shirt was off entirely. Kaya was quick to relieve him of the soaked garment as she offered to help get the stain out. “That would be great, thanks.” He nodded, not one to usually do more than take his suits to the dry cleaners or toss his workout clothes in the washer on whatever setting the appliance was turned to when he bought it.

Cain called over about the drinks, and Gray glanced in his competitor’s direction. He was clearly not very happy about Kaya spilling the drink and the ensuing events, but the brunette woman was quick to retort. Sure, they hadn’t actually accomplished making drinks for everyone… yet. But Grayson didn’t think it would take the bartender long to whip some up for the group. “If you grab a beer, get me one too… Buttering bread is hard work.” The marketing exec joked, as Kaya began leading him away to the sink. With his back to Cain, Gray could only imagine the daggers he was staring in their direction. Though within moments Gray found himself in the same boat.

Before Kaya could reach the sink, Corryn rushed over holding her finger and asking for a bandaid. A deep frown etched Gray’s once mirthful expression as he craned his neck to get a better look at his ex’s injured finger. “Shit Cory…” He breathed, nodding at Kaya as she handed back his shirt. He just tossed it on the counter, not caring about the soiled garment as his concern went entirely to the blonde. Before Gray could take two steps even, Declan hurried over to Cory’s side and began helping her clean the wound. It was Grayson’s turn to glare daggers now and he clenched his fist. Who did Declan think he was to play the hero to his girlfriend when Gray was right there?! Well… ex girlfriend. But still! If anyone was going to help Cory, it should have been him.

Kaya found a band aid and Gray walked over as Declan put it on the blonde’s finger. He didn’t care for how long the football player held Cory’s hand, or the teasing comments, and cleared his throat a little when Dec turned his attention to Cain and the other blonde. “I can take it from here…” Gray decided, maneuvering his way next to the sink to separate his ex from Declan. “Think you’re needed elsewhere.” He added, hearing Natalie say something about the dinner table.

Blue eyes shifted to Corryn as Gray studied her for a moment. “You okay?” He asked, resisting the urge to examine Dec’s handy work to make sure the bandaid was applied perfectly. The marketing exec’s concern outweighed his pettiness for the moment, and he refrained from asking if Cory had become too distracted by the handsome football player to pay attention to her slicing. “I think one of Kaya’s cocktails will numb the pain. They’re pretty strong, but good.” He added, glancing over at the brunette and offering a smile and nod in thanks for finding Corryn a bandaid. “C’mon, I think dinner’s pretty much ready…” Grayson said, placing his hand on the small of Cory’s back as he walked over to the table with her.

nine lives

olivia

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

camila cabello

crying in the club

Olivia was likely the opposite of Abel when it came to book smarts versus street smarts. She'd done extremely well in school, though whether it was because she'd had the best tutors her parents money could buy or because she simply wanted to do well, she wasn't one hundred percent sure. Maybe it was both, combined with a few other factors. For one, she knew herself, and she knew that she was a determined soul. They say there wasn't anything you couldn't do if you put your mind to it, and that was a saying she'd proven to be true back then. She wanted to do her best in her classes, always did her homework and did her part in projects. And somehow, on top of that, she'd found time to have a social life as well. She was the epitome of social butterfly back then, and even now, she found it easy to make conversation with people, whether they were strangers or people she knew. But if that was the case, why was it difficult to be one on one with Abel?

She knew why, even if she didn't want to admit it to herself or him. She hated how they ended. She'd hated it back then, and she still hated it now. It was easy to not think about it as much when they'd gone their separate ways, and she'd been swept up into the life of fame she'd craved ever since she was a child. But now that he was here, back in her life again, it was that much easier to remember the pain she'd felt when he walked out on her forever. Because this was just a show, after all. It didn't mean that afterwards things would change. This show wasn't a magical way of getting them back together, and it was more than likely a way to cause more drama and stress in their lives. Not even just theirs, but the lives of the other couples-- or ex couples-- on the show. Liv let out a small laugh at his comment about McDonald's fries, and a part of her wanted them to just say screw the fancy dinner and grab those cheeseburgers. It was what they would have done before.

But this wasn't before, she reminded herself. "You know, if you're observing them, they're certainly observing us. And now that we have a win under our belt, I feel like we might have a bullseye on our backs, too." She frowned slightly at the thought, before her gaze landed on her wine and she realized that this didn't have to go exactly the way it was going. She called the waiter over, ordering drinks for both her and Abe, and they were placed in front of them just a few short moments later. They finished their salads and the plates were removed, the delicious looking main course being set in front of them. "Wow." She breathed, lifting her fork to gently stab a piece of asparagus. Just as she did so, Abe spoke, and she looked up at him with a smile. "There are some things you just don't forget." She shrugged lightly, laughing softly. "Besides. How can I forget that it was cognac that I swiped from my father's liquor cabinet for you? And almost got caught doing?"

♡coded by uxie♡

cain

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

machine gun kelly

home

Shit in the kitchen was getting pretty close to explosive, and Cain knew he wasn't the only one who noticed it. One second, someone could have a soft or even flirty look on their face as they prepared their portion of the dinner. But it only took a split second for that look to fade, disappearing completely, being replaced by a look of anger, hatred, or even jealousy. Cain didn't want to think too far into his own feelings towards what was going on between Kaya and the businessman, but then again, it was all he could think about. Especially as he took his shirt off and Cain's eyes zeroed in on his own exes reaction. He knew her well enough to know what was going on in that mind of hers, and it wasn't like Gray was hard on the eyes. Nobody here was, and Cain just knew that the executives of the show had done that on purpose. He felt his hands balling into fists by his side, but so many things happened at once it was almost hard to keep track of.

He was focused on feeding Nat a noodle when a knife clattered against a cutting board, and Cory was rushing towards the sink. Cain saw a flash of red, and suddenly Kaya-- who had been dragging Gray towards the sink-- was handing the man his shirt back and digging around for a bandaid. Declan moved to help Cory clean the wound, and Cain saw the look on Gray's face as Declan took her hand. Remembering he was standing beside Nat, Cain glanced over at the girl, opening his mouth to say-- what? He wasn't exactly sure, but before he could, Declan's sour words reached his ears. His head whipped back towards Declan, and Cain saw how the man seemed ready to fight, and Cain would be lying to say he wasn't ready to throw punches as well. Nat tried to dispel some of the tension, but Cain was still staring at the football player, wondering just how hard he'd have to hit him for the man to go down. Maybe he had a weak spot, weren't football players prone to concussions?

His jaw clenched, but he tore his gaze away from Declan to look down at Nat. "Save me a bowl, would you?" He asked her, his tone tight before he turned and stalked from the kitchen. If he didn't leave right then, he knew he and Declan were going to go at it. He wasn't normally one to walk away from a fight, but he couldn't stop thinking about how Kaya had stared at a shirtless Grayson, and suddenly he just felt like the biggest idiot in the room. Why the hell had he even agreed to do this? Oh, right, the money was fucking phenominal. But how the hell was he supposed to win it if he and Kaya couldn't get over their bullshit? Seeing nothing but red, he stalked to the room he shared with Kaya, snatching a pack of cigarettes from his suitcase. Packing them on the way back out of the room, he stalked through the house and through to the backyard, slamming the sliding door shut behind him. Lighting up the cigarette, he drew in the nicotine with a shaky breath. He was on the edge, and two seconds away from snapping.

♡coded by uxie♡

Corryn Russell.

• Sometimes, life was just funny. It was mere moments before that Corryn mentioned not being the best cook. Hell, who was she kidding? She couldn't cook at all. In a strange turn of events where she was trying to be what she thought was "thoughtful," an anniversary dinner nearly set her apartment on fire. So, it most certainly wasn't a lie that she lived mostly on take-out food, coffee, and energy drinks. Such was the life of a career-driven businesswoman, right? So, given all of that, why did she think that she would be able to make a salad, the simplest of dishes, without some sort of failure? Well, it was simple. Cory refused to fail, refused to believe that she even could. That was the perfectionist in her, the confident woman in her. Though, as she watched the diluted crimson red liquid run with the tap from her wounded finger into the sink, it was hard to think that she had done anything but fail in making that salad. At least she was quick enough to prevent the food from contamination, though the tomato would most certainly have to be thrown away and the knife washed.

The blond was honestly a bit surprised that Declan followed her to the sink. His hands were strong and secure against her own, and she found herself looking up at him with wide eyes. Corryn wasn't the type of woman that men typically doted on, most of them always thinking that she could take care of herself, and rightfully so. Hell, her own father didn't even seem to worry about her. And so, she got used to the idea that people didn't worry about her. But the concern was etched into Declan's face, and she wasn't quite sure how to respond to it. Hell, even Kaya, the woman she told herself she didn't like even a minute before, offered to help find a bandaid. "I'm sorry," she said, those words normally not a big part of her vocabulary. She grinned and shrugged one shoulder. "I tried to warn you, I'm really not a good cook at all." Corryn offered Kaya a nod of thanks, still slightly unsure of the brunette. They were both strong-willed and subsequently seemed like they would butt heads. But, maybe instead that was something they could bond over? Only time would tell.

Before she could thank Dec, he said something to Cain and Natalie. Cory could only smirk. Yep, definitely still some feelings there for the sweet blonde. The competitive strategist in her made a note, wondering if that strained relationship between Declan and Nat as well as Cain and Kaya might be useful in any events in the future. But a part of her she didn't quite recognize felt a bit bad for those thoughts. After all, these weren't bad people. They were all stuck in the same situation, and she thought of them mostly as at least acquaintances. But then again, they had only known one another for a short time. And this was a game, a competition she wanted to win. At least she thought she did... Right? All of those thoughts swirled around in her head, and she was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. The heat of the kitchen and the tasks of that day certainly weren't helping.

The blonde looked up from examining the bandaid in time to see Gray there, oblivious to the fact that Declan had cut him off from helping her earlier. Her blue eyes met his, a stiff silence hanging in the air for a second too long to be normal. But thankfully he filled that silence. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a cut. More reason to not allow me to have a knife," she said in a joking tone, again shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly as she could. Was Grayson concerned for her too? What was this show doing to all of them? She thought that they would be stronger than the tricks the production team pulled. But maybe she was wrong. "A cocktail sounds amazing right now," Cory agreed with a smile, glancing at where the others, aside from Cain's rushed exit, made their way towards the dinner table. She let Gray lead her over to the table, the skin beneath where he placed his hand on her back tingling. Why did she like it? And what was this show doing to her? Nevertheless, Corryn took an empty seat and appraised the spread. "Everything looks delicious."

coded by weldherwings.

Abel Rothenberg.

• Eating a fancy dinner, drinking expensive cognac, all while being on a date with Olivia felt like a dream. Yeah, it was organized and paid for by the reality show production team. Yeah, there were no doubt several cameras trained on them right then, picking up all the words that they said. And yeah, most important of all, they were no longer together. But, when they were, this was the life Abel wanted to give her. The type of life she was used to, where she wouldn't have to downgrade every aspect of her life just to be with him. But, he just wasn't dealt the right hand in life to ever be able to do that. There was a reason people who grew up in a life like his mostly ended up dead or in jail. They just kept going back to prison over and over again, never reforming or making something of themselves outside of those four cement walls. And, as far as he knew, as far as he was ever told, though mostly by her father, that was the life Olivia wanted. So, as he sat there, eating fancy steak and drinking cognac, Abel was glad he could at least have a taste of that dream.

But as all dreams go, he would have to wake up sometime. Maybe it would be at the end of the night, or maybe at the end of the competition. Whatever, the case, they would eventually go their separate ways again, most likely never talking until some other twist of fate brought them back together. Hopefully, they wouldn't be stuck in that vicious cycle. But fate was a cruel mistress, and he wouldn't be surprised if she did. He couldn't help but believe that someday he would have to resist the urge to punch some stuck-up fuckboy in the face after hearing how he mistreated Liv. Hell, the small pieces of her love life splashed on the news he had caught in the past few years certainly tested his temper. But meeting one of those assholes in person? No way, that guy would be crying or knocked out on the floor before he could even say 'hello.' For that reason, Abe knew he would have to keep his distance. Heaven forbid he get charged with assault by someone whose daddy's money amounts to more than he could earn in a lifetime.

"Oh most certainly we do," Abel agreed, taking a bite of the mashed potatoes and asparagus. That was the first time he had had that particular green vegetable, growing up in a bit of a food desert. But he couldn't deny that it was delicious. "Cain might be my brother, but he's no doubt planning on ways to take us down. Plus there's that business couple and Declan, all with a lot of experience in strategy. I'd be surprised if we went back and didn't immediately get some sort of jab trying to tear us apart." It was true, no doubt, that the others would try anything they could to break the little bit of trust he and Liv had rebuilt. And if anyone knew how to do that best, it would be Cain. Abel had told his brother practically everything when he and Olivia broke up years ago, some of which he didn't remember from a drunken haze. Who knew what his brother might pull out? Money could break relationships, even blood.

At the memory of stealing the cognac, the blonde man let out a low chuckle. "I completely forgot about that," he said with a grin, looking from the amber liquid in his glass to the gorgeous brunette across from him. "God, we were both still underaged, and you were so giddy that you had gotten away with it. Meanwhile, your father rounded all the staff up the next day, thinking one of us had stolen it. He was so furious, saying that bottle was worth more than our salaries. I remember the look on his face, it was absolutely hilarious. I don't think I'd ever seen him that red before," he continued, a light chuckle lilting through his words as he smiled. "And he never figured out it was actually you. My little thief." It took a moment for Abe to realize that he said that last sentence out loud. But once he did, his eyes widened and he quickly met Olivia's gaze. "Oh, I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't mean..." How was he supposed to recover from that awkward statement? The only way he could think of: changing the subject. "So, how's the music career going? Did you ever end putting out that album?"

coded by weldherwings.

Kaya

Montgomery

mood.
hiding jealousy

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Cain ( apolla apolla )

It was safe to say the situation in the kitchen was escalating. Three mixed up couples, or rather, ex-couples, were trying to make things work and serve dinner but jealousy and pettiness was definitely reaching high scores tonight. Apparently, no one here was completely over their partner. If they were, how could they see red when seeing each other flirting with someone else? Kaya herself was the textbook example since seeing Cain’s hands all over Natalie, hearing his voice, laced with flirty hints, looking at that signature lopsided grin plastered all over his face, her blood was boiling and it opened the way for the petty version of her, the version who made wrong reckless decisions she was bound to eventually regret. And yes, one of those decisions followed and launched one of the series of unfortunate reactions in the room.

Maybe it was for the best that the universe somehow intervened and Corry hurt herself. Not that Kaya would ever wish that upon someone, of course not. But the injury definitely caused enough commotion in the kitchen that the others dropped whatever they were doing and turned their attention to the blonde. Kaya herself forgot all about pissing Cain off even more and hurried to hunt for a band aid which she handed to the football player in a brief moment. However, this was not her fight to engage in, so to speak, so after helping with what she could, the brunette bartender returned to her station and resumed her cocktail production, trying to ignore the pang of jealousy ripping through her. Yet, this time, it was not about anything Cain did. This one felt way more raw, way more cruel and way sharper. By the time she even lifted her gaze from the glasses and the shaker, people were leaving the kitchen to eat.

Looking around, the petite girl let out a long sigh and squeezed her eyes shut, tilting her head to the back. When she watched concern written all over Gray’s face when he gently steered Corry out of the room, all her thoughts of being mean to her ex dissolved into thin air. The smile Declan offered Natalie after she asked him to help was heart-melting. Hence the jealousy hit. Kaya somehow felt that whatever these couples went through, there was a chance they could work it out. If for nothing else, then definitely at least for the time being to give their best during the competition. And she also knew that she and Cain were not wired that way. Tears stung her eyes and she held her breath in an attempt to get rid of them. “Get a grip, Kaya. Get a fucking grip.” she murmured to herself and dove down to search for a tray. Maybe that would also hide her from the cameras and unwanted attention. While she rummaged through the cupboard, she kept blinking and after a while, she also managed to get rid of those stupid tears. And when she emerged again, her face was marble again. The perfect reality TV poker face as she placed finished drinks for everyone and a few extras on the tray. She also added a few shot glasses and hoisted the tray up on top of her right palm. Her free hand grabbed two bottles from the counter, whiskey and tequila, and she followed the others.

“There you go, guys.” she grinned and there was no trace of her sour mood on her face. It was still in her, she still felt like at this point, she had no chance of winning if things between her and Cain were going to go like this, but nobody else needed to see her weakness. “Grab anything you like. There’s more where this came from.” she snickered and was about to take her seat when she realized somebody was missing. Her dark gaze scanned the room but Cain was not inside. And since this was a closed set, Kaya knew he couldn’t just take off, no matter how much he loved doing that whenever he was angry. Chewing on the inside of her cheek, she stalked closer to the backyard door and saw him right there. Her teeth clenched her cheek so much she suddenly tasted copper, realizing she bit herself too hard. With a small sigh, she opened the door, gripping the frame to calm her voice down. “Cain?” she spoke, forcing her tone to sound firm and balanced. “Dinner’s ready. You coming?”

Declan

Bennet

mood.
jealous

location.
kitchen

outfit.
click!

interactions.
Natalie ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )

With the warfare starting in the kitchen, Declan’s mind was rewiring a little, turning into the strategist he could be and one he was valued for. It was one of the features why teams fought for him. Declan was a quick thinker, he was great in stressful situations and he could review details of any tactics even if he was in movement already and an opponent was hurling himself at him. Dec’s mind was his advantage and definitely one of the things that moved him up on the pedestal he was occupying today. And the same brain was now reeling, trying to see the best strategy in the cold war raging through the kitchen right in front of cameras. Although it was really hard when Cain over there was feeding Natalie noodles like that and a part of Declan wanted to punch the guy in the face and rearrange his nose.

He tried to distract himself with Corry and her injury and it worked for a moment. He even felt some sort of smug satisfaction over Gray and his frown because it just showed him Dec was not the only one who felt that searing jealousy coursing through his veins. The tall guy wiggled his way between him and Corryn which only widened Declan’s smirk. In his own pettiness, he called shit at Cain and watched the dude leave the kitchen which he considered his own small victory. That would teach Cain not to mess around with his girl. No matter how ex. Natty was his girl. Cain should focus on his own pairing. Maybe Kaya wanted some noodles too.

“Gotcha, boss.” he turned back to Gray, giving him a lazy two-finger salute as the marketing executive led Corryn away. Declan chuckled quietly and grabbed bread and salad from the counter, following Nat to the dining room. They seemed to be one couple short but Cain stampeded out of the kitchen to do god knew what and Kaya stayed behind. It didn’t bother Declan at all. For all he cared, he would be down for another one on one dinner with Natalie anyway if he could choose.

“How’s your foot?” he asked her gently, setting the food on the table. Maybe even too gently. He took a seat right by her side and fought against the idea of reaching for her hand. Even after all those years, it was an automatic gesture., Old habits die hard, apparently. But there was a part of him screaming for the touch of Natty’s soft skin on his rough hands. Kaya joined them after a while, bringing the drinks but she then left as well, possibly to look for her own man. “Let’s see what these drinks are about, shall we?” Declan laughed and reached for a glass of Long Island. “Careful though, these drinks seem to be making people lose their clothes.” he added with laughter, looking straight at Grayson as his chuckles brought small wrinkles to the corners of his eyes. The straw found its way to his mouth and Dec sucked a few gulps in. “Whoa! Strong but damn good!”

Natalie Mayfair

Despite considering football to be a rather violent sport, Natalie never considered Declan to be the violent type or one to get into fights off the field. Hell, since he was the quarterback, she’d watched him take more hits and tackles than he’d doled out, and she’d winced every time. She hadn’t even noticed any jealousy on his part when they were together. Though that might have been why- they’d been together. Up until asking for a break, Natalie had been fiercely loyal and only had eyes for Declan, and she had assumed the same went for him. They’d never given each other any reason to worry about someone else getting between them, so the green monster had never come out of its cage. Until Natalie released it before going to study abroad.

Now they were exes and there was no promise to be faithful to each other. Thousands of miles apart, Natalie could pretend that Declan didn’t exist, or when that wasn’t possible, at lease pretend he spent all his time playing football and had no time for other women. Here in the confines of the kitchen though, his tending to a cut finger was enough to tie her stomach in knots… And a sampled noodle was apparently enough to to make Declan ready to fight Cain. Natalie glanced between the two men as she balanced the bowls of food in her hands, not appreciating the tension between them. She did her best to dispel some of it by asking for help with the table, but that seemed to do little good. Cain was closer to her, and she could see the muscles in his jaw tightening. If they went at it with each other, short of stepping between them, there’d be little she could do to stop a fight. Luckily, things didn’t come to blows and Cain took the high road, asking Natalie to save him a bowl of food. “Of course…” The blonde nodded, looking a little disappointed that Cain wouldn’t get to enjoy his efforts thanks to Declan’s pettiness.

As her cooking partner left, Natalie turned her gaze to Declan, shooting him an “are you happy now?” look. The only problem was, Declan did look happy- happy Cain was gone and happy to help as he smiled over at her. Men. Natalie shook her head a little as her ex followed her to the dining room with the salad and bread, ready to scold him for chasing away Cain. Her disapproving expression faded from her face though when Declan gently inquired about her foot, and she faltered for a second. “Oh, it’s alright…” She replied, glancing down at her ankle and moving it a little. “The pain killers are working I guess.” She shrugged, setting down the bowls and taking a seat. Dec sat beside her and Natalie smiled a little, secretly preferring that to having the small table from last night between them.

Corryn, Grayson and Kaya joined them quickly, though the latter left only moments after delivering the alcohol. Dec joked that the drinks made people lose their clothes, and Natalie followed his gaze to Grayson, appreciating the latter’s physique for a moment. “You make it sound like that’s a bad thing Dec…” She replied, before glancing at her ex with a grin to show she was teasing- mostly- so he wouldn’t try to fight Gray too. She nudge his shoulder with her own playfully, noticing the wrinkles in the corner of his eyes when he chuckled. They were new since they were together, but he must be happy in life to have earned them.

A pang of regret stabbed Natalie, and she also took a sip of her Long Island, coughing a little when the strong drink hit her throat. “Mmhmm…” She breathed in agreement with Declan, not used to drinking much beyond mimosas or wine. This was definitely not something she could sip on casually, so she took another long pull on the straw to make a dent in its contents so she didn’t seem rude or like a lightweight. “How’s your finger?” She asked, glancing across the table at Corryn while she started preparing the requested plate for Cain before she had a chance to forget.

nine lives

Grayson Moore

Grayson Moore was hardly the sentimental type. Nor was he the coddling type... or the overly protective. And yet, seeing Corryn injured and being tended to by Declan tossed some of those feelings into a shaker and blended them into a new cocktail of emotions. One that didn't taste nearly as good as the ones Kaya had been making. The marketing exec was competitive, yes, but his dislike for the way the football player held Cory's hand stemmed from something even baser. Jealousy. Only when Dec was off trying to fight Cain did Gray relax some, turning his attention to his ex.

Corryn joked about not allowing her to have a knife and an amused grin tugged at the corner of his mouth. "More reason? Let's hope we don't witness the other ones then..." He joked back as they joined the others in migrating to the dining room. Dec made himself useful and grabbed the bread and salad, while Kaya brought the drinks, and Gray... well, his hand was busy guiding Corryn to the table. A few of his fingers brushed against the bare skin left exposed by her crop top, and the innocent gesture quickly became an exercise in resisting temptation to explore more of her warm skin. The tips of Gray's fingers pressed gently into Corry's skin for a moment once they reached the table, before he let out a slow breath and flexed his fingers as his hand dropped away from her back.

Glancing at the table, Gray noted the seating arrangement so far and the strategist in him was quick to take the seat across from Declan to prevent Cory from doing so. Sure, he wouldn't normally seat himself across from another man, but there was no way he was going to let there be the chance of the flirty footballer playing footsie with Cory. The blonde took the seat beside him, and Grayson smiled contently, turning his attention over to Kaya as she set down the drinks. "Thanks Kaya..." He grinned, helping himself to one of the glasses he knew would be dangerously delicious. Rather than joining the rest at the table though, Gray's cooking partner retreated from the room, likely to find her other half.

Declan's warning about Kaya's drinks making people lose their clothes pulled his attention back to the group, and he leaned back in his chair a little, exposing more of his chiseled abs. The marketing exec's gaze shifted over to meet Natalie's appreciative glance and he smirked, offering her a wink in response to her playful retort. Gray quickly glanced back to Declan, grinning smugly as if to say "two can play this game". His small payback for Dec being the one to tend Cory's finger. "We were planning to test out the pool anyways, so it was going to come off either way..." He added with a slight shrug of his shoulder.

As Natalie inquired about Corryn's injury, Declan took a sip of his drink and stretched his free arm out behind Corryn, resting it on the back of her chair reflexively. "Should we start without Kaya and Cain, or...?" He asked, noticing that the blonde across the table was filling a plate. "... are the drinks our appetizers while we wait?" He continued, taking another sip. "Not that I'm complaining... Might get Cory into the pool quicker." He teased, grinning at her.

Playful

Dining room

nine lives

olivia

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

camila cabello

crying in the club

As much as Olivia wanted to pretend that this was a normal dinner, there was a wicked voice in the back of her head reminding her that it wasn't. It broke her heart to know that after this competition was over, they could possibly go back to being strangers. Looking at her ex over the salads between them, she felt that pang of sadness hit her over and over again. Though it was easy to say she was over him when there were miles of distance between them, she couldn't believe the lie when he was so close. She wasn't over him, and she never had been. She wanted Abel in her life, whether they were sitting here at a fancy dinner or not. Hell, she would have happily gone with him to McDonalds, destroying her diet in the process, if it meant he would just hold her.

Trying to blink the thoughts away, she mentioned how they might have a bullseye on their backs to try and distract herself from the thoughts. She nodded as he brought up the other couples, wondering just what kind of house they'd be walking in on upon getting back. There was honestly no telling. The appetizer was switched to the main course, and Liv brought up the time when she'd stolen the cognac from her father's liquor cabinet. She had indeed almost gotten caught-- she remembered hearing him coming, and having to hide in the corner between the wall and the bookshelf until he left. Afterwards, she'd brought the bottle straight to Abe, so flustered and giggly that she couldn't do anything other than shove the bottle at him.

"I remember how angry he was." She laughed, covering her mouth with her hand as her brain conjured up the image. He'd never even suspected his daughter, nor had he ever actually picked someone to blame for it. Lowering her hand, Liv brought another piece of the green vegetable to her mouth, nearly choking on it at Abe's slipped words. Her eyes shot to him, and she felt her heart nearly beat out of her chest. Did he...? But she saw the panic on his face, and her heart cracked right down the middle. "It's okay." She told him, reaching for her drink. He changed the subject quickly, but for a moment, she couldn't look at him. What she wouldn't give to be his little thief. "I did." She answered, setting her drink back down. "Working on the second, actually."

What she didn't say was how she'd taken inspiration from her time with him for almost every song on her first album. Hell, the very first track, Crying in the Club, she'd written a few months after he left. There was a little piece of him in every song, something she'd never told anybody, and likely never would. Because the one person she wanted to tell, even though he was sitting across from her, she couldn't bring herself to say the words. "It's what I always wanted." She spoke the words, but even she heard the flatness behind them. Because yes, it had been her dream at one point. And still was. But after meeting Abe, her dreams had shifted, only for them to be shattered when he left her. Her lower lip quivered, and she bit down on the inside of her cheek as her fork hit the plate. "Abe... Can we do something crazy?" She glanced around, then looked back at him, trying to tell him she felt closed in without voicing it. "I don't care what. But I just... I want to pretend like there's no cameras, no audience, none of that. I just want to feel something other than... this." Even if it was only for a moment.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back