• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Somebody I Used To Know | Testimonials

Main
Here
Characters
Here

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

c17a4e4e662c58c5747129dc39b06f4b.png

code by g o l d i e l o x x

testimonials

So why are you here?

"If I'm being completely honest, it's because I don't like to lose. Grayson challenged me to compete with him on this show, and I'm not really got at turning down direct challenges. Especially when they involve getting paid to take a vacation on the beach in Los Angeles."

Grayson Moore. How do you feel about seeing him again?

"Gray and I haven't really stopped seeing each other since we broke up. It's kind of hard to completely write someone off when you're competing with them for the same clients... It'll be nice to be on the same team again for once."

Do you still have feelings for him?

"Feelings? What kind of feelings? He's fine, I guess. I don't mind him. We were made into rivals by the job. I think we're still okay, just no longer dating.... Right?"
Corryn Russell

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

testimonials

Why are you here?

"Well, this gig pays right? If we win? Who wouldn't want to live in a beach house, all expenses paid, while also potentially getting paid? I like the risk, and I certainly like the reward."

Which ex of yours do you think will be on the other side of the curtain?

"I mean, if I had to guess, it's probably Rachel. She was a bit of a spitfire, one of those 'always after the spotlight' types. Wild, will flash a camera if it means people are talking about her. That type, you know? I assume she would be the one that would bring in the best ratings for you all."

Any ex you absolutely don't want to see?

"...No, I wouldn't say there is. But... I know of one who probably doesn't want to see me."
Abel Rothenberg

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

testimonials

Why are you here?

"Publicity? Is that an appropriate answer? I mean... some shit-- oh, sorry-- some stuff happened fairly recently that thrust me into the negative spotlight with the media, and we thought this might be a way to get back into the positive. Can I say that?"

"Oh, god... Um, I'm not sure. I have a few that I probably wouldn't want to see, but it's only for a few weeks, right? I can handle that. Yup. I got this."

Do you still have feelings for any of your exes?

"No. I mean-- no, I don't. All of that's in the past, you know? No matter who it is, I don't think anything will happen again."
Olivia Kennedy

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

Why are you here?

"Who wouldn't want to spend the summer in a nice ass house like this? All expenses paid? Yeah, exactly. Oh, what's that? You have to bleep my curse? Oh, fuck, sorry."

"Pfffft. It could be any of them. What can I say, I have quite the wide dating history. Not all I'm proud of, either, but god... as long as it's not Veronica."

"Definitely not Veronica. Fuck her. Shit, sorry. I mean, what are feelings, really? What are you asking? If I'd get back into bed with them? Well, that just depends on the ex."
Cain Rothenberg

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

Why are you here?

“Because someone submitted me and I let my pride get the better of me... What’s that? Don’t mention the casting process? Okay. Um, I’m here for a long overdue apology, I guess.”

“Well, I’ve only dated one guy long term, so I hope it’s Declan. I mean I don’t hope it’s him, well, I do, but only because I’d be worried if someone else I’d dated was here. And annoyed because this would be a waste of my time... It is Declan, right?”

Do you still have feelings for your ex?

"I still have hurt feelings, if that’s what you mean... It’s hard to date someone for that long, and not feel anything towards them. I mean, we grew into adults together. Though, I think they’re more like “what if” kind of feelings rather than current ones... Huh? No I don’t want to specify what those feelings are. Next question.”

Natalie Mayfair

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

testimonials

Why are you here?

"Because my company does your marketing and my boss made me a deal I couldn’t refuse. But don’t air that. So, um, I’m here because I love competition and, uhh, think it would be cool to hang out at a beach mansion for a while. I could use a vacation too.”

"I already know that my ex Corryn is here. No surprise there. I wouldn’t be here if she hadn’t agreed to come as well... Yeah I guess you could say we’re a package deal in this scenario, but that’s not really how I’d describe our relationship..."

Do you still have feelings for her?

"I have respect for Corryn. She’s an amazing woman and I don’t think there were any hard feelings when we broke up. Though I think the lack of feelings was actually the problem. Now I just feel competitive with her."

Grayson Moore

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

Why are you here?
"Consider me...uh, motivated. I mean, the money's good, I'm not gonna lie. Plus you're going to pay me for being with my ex? That sounds like a dream. And if I get to kick whichever asshole of my ex in his nuts, even better...what? Wait, I can't say 'asshole' on camera? Why? I call things with their names. You gonna shoot me for it?"

"Honestly, I feel it might be Dominic. We dated all through the high school and he really though I was THE one. Didn't work out though. But looking back at the relationship that came after, I should've stayed with Dominic, let me tell you."

"Pffft! Please! Do you have feelings for your migraines?...Okay, seriously now. Maybe, I don't know. Depends on who came but I could see me and Dom working out. Maybe...so, is it him? Can you lie...hint me or something? Be a pal? No? Yeah, okay, that's what I thought."

Kaya Montgomery

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

Why are you here?
"Oh, that's a good question. I assume I was submitted by my ex and my PR team thinks this is an amazing opportunity to get my name out there. Not saying I hate to be here but honestly, I wouldn't be here if she didn't submit my name as well. Then again, maybe she wants to apologize. In that case, I'm glad to be here because I've been waiting for her to do it for way too long."

"I have to say, Natalie. I don't think I dated anyone else for long enough to be here. Plus she was definitely to one to get me here. She thinks I owe HER an apology so I imagine she would do something like this. Definitely Natalie."

"She was my first real girlfriend, I will always have feelings for her. Not that...god, you guys are gonna make this an affair, aren't you? Okay, um...Nat is great, okay? And she was the first girl I ever really loved so...there's that...okay, we're done here."

Declan Bennet

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

So the first day is over. How are you feeling?

"Honestly, I'm feeling fine. I went into this knowing who would be on the other side of that curtain. Dinner was... interesting for lack of a better word, and Grayson made it a rule that we're not allowed to talk about work while we're here. But at least we weren't the couple storming away from their table, right?"

What are your thoughts about the ex who came here with you?

"Grayson? He's fine, I suppose. I mean, what's not to like? He was the perfect partner when we were still working together. His presence is commanding. He's intelligent, charming, ambitious, hard-working, not to mention handsome... Wait, what was the question again?"

Do you think there's a chance you and your ex can win?

"Absolutely, one hundred percent. To be honest, I would be surprised if we didn't win. We're both competitive in nature and when we were partners, we were unstoppable. What could possibly change that would affect that?"
Corryn Russell

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

"Like absolute garage. But you already know that? I imagine those fancy cameras you have hidden around the house don't miss much. Did you get a good shot? Build your fancy ratings up enough? Fantastic, glad I could be of help, assholes."

"Of all the girls it could have been, Olivia was the most unexpected. She doesn't need this spotlight, certainly doesn't need to be seen with the likes of me. I imagine it can't help her image all too much... My life is complicated, and it's better if she's kept far away from it."

Do you think there's a chance you and your ex can win?

"At this rate, I doubt it. It can't look too good that we were the first to get in a fight if that's what you can call it anyway. On top of that, I doubt Liv trusts me, and she probably won't, regardless of what I say. I'm the one that left her high and dry. Can't imagine she was too happy with that."
Abel Rothenberg

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

“Well the servers were quick with the wine refills, so better than I probably should. I only cried a little, but I also blame the wine for that. Not that Declan’s off the hook though... Wait, can I change my answer? I forgot he’s not gonna apologize, so I’m pissed... What do you mean save that for the next question?”

"Oh, well like I said, I’m mad at Declan for still being a stubborn jerk who still won’t apologize for what he did. I had hoped he would be on the show with me, but now I don’t know what to do since it doesn’t look like I’m getting the closure I came for. He’s trying to just move on like everything is water under the bridge, which makes staying mad at him... difficult. I mean, have you seen his dimples?”

Do you think there’s a chance you and your ex can win?

“I didn’t really come here to win, but Dec thinks so. A few years ago we would have had this in the bag- can’t beat the star quarterback and class president- but now I’m not so sure. I guess we’ll see. If I don’t get an apology, I suppose the prize would be second best.”

Natalie Mayfair

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

“I’m feeling great. Corryn and I made it through an entire meal without talking about work, so we avoided any arguing. Also, compliments to the chef, I’m stuffed! Is there a gym here though? If every meal is like that I’m-... Oh, sorry, getting off topic. Yeah, feeling good. I’d say night one was a success.”

"It’s nice to be on the same team as Cory again. Don’t tell her, but I definitely missed that. She’s a knock out in more ways than one, so I really lucked out in the “ex” department. Yeah, we have our differences now, but I made a rule that we can’t talk about work so hopefully that rules out most of the drama. Sorry. Though I’m sure the other couples will provide plenty.”

“Are you asking everyone this question? Because if any of the other couples think they have a chance against Cory and me, they’re dreaming! We kill it as a team. I’ve competed against Cory, and let’s just say I’m glad I’m on her team this time. We’re winning for sure.”
Grayson Moore

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

“Umm…I’m okay I guess. The initial shock is gone. And I had a pretty sick meal. Yeah, I mean…I’m as good as I can be, considering who is here with me. I’m pretty surprised there was no wine in the face or yelling, with Cain, that was definitely a new one. Though make no mistake, he is still a manipulative asshole...okay, okay, I’m sorry, I’ll keep my cusses to minimum…fine.”

“Christ…okay so…you told me I can’t…yeah, okay, that’s what I thought. Though describing Cain without that fruity language…I’m sure he has some names for me too, he always did. Well. Cain is…Cain. Always wearing that smug face, thinking he is the champion of the world… You know, that was what made me fall for him. That and those abs. Have you seen them? I mean…damn! Uh, what? Okay so, Cain being here definitely complicates things and we couldn’t agree on things when we were dating soo…what do you think will happen now? …What is that? Shit, no! I’m not blushing, you’re blushing!”

*long pause*
"Yeah. Yeah there is. Look, me and Cain have our differences but together, if we can really work together, if he can swallow that huge-ass…ugh…huge ego of his, I think I can reason with him. When we cooperate, we are actually very strong so this is what I want to try. I came to win. If that means I have to put up with Cain for the summer, so be it. But the prize is mine, make no mistake.”

Kaya Montgomery

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

testimonials

“Weird. A little. Seeing Natty after all this time… It feels great but also kind of…out of place? Apparently we’re still stuck on the same thing and can’t move on so…that is the main reason I feel weird. Other than that, I think it went quite well. Though I think less carbs for dinner would be welcome. No! No, no, I’m kidding, of course! Dinner was delicious. This kind of cooking might cost me my career. *laughs* Yeah, just kidding, man. All good…”

“Well, Natalie is an incredible woman. I’ve always known that. Despite everything, I haven’t changed my mind. If anything, she grew up to be even more gorgeous. Though she is the one stuck on some kind of closure or whatever. I think she’s dwelling on the past way too much. I’m still going to say that we both were responsible for what happened and that…you know what? That’s irrelevant. It was way too long ago. And Natty should realize it too and drop it already.”

“We definitely can. If she stops being uptight and realizes that I’m not her enemy. I can give her that closure but she needs to be willing to work with me here, not just repeat one thing over and over again, having no real argument. And if she can do that, that we are winning this. Please, look at us! We always got everything we wanted when we dated. And we can do that again. Win! Not date…or…I mean, shit, you know what I mean, okay? It’s not like I don’t want…okay, shutting up now…We can win and we will, that’s all.”

Declan Bennet

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

"Jesus, really? That's what you're asking first? I can't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. If you couldn't tell by the red eyes and puffy face, though, I'm not feeling like rainbows and unicorns. Why did he even come here? All he's doing is shutting me out again, just like before. And now I have to share a room with him? And a bed? I can't. I just can't."

"He's..." *pauses, bites her lip* "He's just Abe. He's the same guy I fell in love with, but he's also a stranger. Did I ever even really know him?" *grabs a tissue* "I'm beginning to think not."

"Do I really have to answer this? I mean, this is all about working together, and he can't even be honest with me about something as simple as why he left. How are we supposed to win when we can't even move on from the past?"
Olivia Kennedy

code by low fidelity.

testimonials

“Pretty confident, actually. Out of all my exes you guys could have found, Kaya is probably the best. No, fuck that. She is the best." *pause* "Look, if you want me to answer your questions you can't expect me not to cuss. I feel pretty fucking good, and honestly, I'm looking forward to the night, if you know what I mean." *laughs*

“Look, Kaya is amazing. She's beautiful, intelligent, sharp witted and everything I could have hoped for. Sure we fight, we argue, shit can get pretty heated, but all in all she's great and I'm happy to see her again."

"Fuck yeah!" *pause* "Jesus, come on with that. Just bleep the words for christs sake. We're definitely winning; we got this in the bag."
Cain Rothenberg

code by low fidelity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back