• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Some of my old story ideas

Which story would you like to see created?

• Tale of Two Cities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live Long Enough

• The Queens Guard

• Total voters

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
I finally have some free time and I feel like getting back into writing so here are some stories.

Tale of Two Cities

Story

What if being poor was a crime? In the country of Arsenal it is. Arsenal is split into two major locations, the first is Arsenal City (Haven) a place of wealth, pleasures, and plenty. The second location is Arsenal's prison island, which has become a civilization of its own, the residents call it Devil's Island.

Haven is home to the wealthy and the middle class. In Haven money is power. Everything has a price and nothing is forbidden as long as you have the money. Criminal acts are allowed as long as proper pay is given for the crime. Money is the only law. Haven is a modern city that pushes progress, business, and innovation. At the end of every month a tax is collected to determine your wealth. Failure to pay the tax is a criminal act and all criminal acts result in being sent to the prison. The prison is used as entertainment for the people of Haven who pay to have things happen to the people who call the prison home.

Devil's Island is a death trap that its residents have made into home. Escape is virtually impossible due to the creatures, the harsh unpredictable environment, and it's hidden location. The Island is a days ride by boat away from Haven. Prisoners are kept below deck and blindfolded so the location remains hidden. Unlike Haven, the Island due to it's conditions, retrograded to a midevil and in some parts tribal lifestyle. Those with strength became nobles and the island is run by a council of those nobles. While the island is still wild and deadly there is a small sense of order. Money is still present on the island and if you manage to get enough you can by your way back to Haven. Since the price for freedom is so high, most who are sent to the island never leave.

Your role

Pick where you want your character to end up, and then immerse yourself in your new life. This story is all about the characters and how they effect the world around them. While I did come up with an actual plot for the story I think letting peoples ideas run free is more interesting for this story. If you want the plot I can tell it to you.

Live Long Enough

Story

A group of heroes were cast out by the very people they once protected. In their last battle as protectors of peace the heroes learned of a threat that was going to befall the place they once called home, the Citadel. Twelve creatures would come from the sky to destroy the world. After much discussion most of the heroes decided to fight against the threat, even though their home had given up on them.

The battle was devastating, but the creature was defeated after the sacrifice of one of the heroes. Even with victory, most of the Citadel's army as well as many the heroes were lost. Now that light has returned to Citadel they must recover and prepare for the other eleven attacks that were still to come.

The threat that the Citadel had written off as a lie created by the false heroes has now been relieved to be true. Unrest and even rebellion are starting to spread through the Citadel, when the Citadel most need unity. How will the people of Citadel decided to deal with the next threat that will arrive? Will growing tension destroy them before the next attack? Will they even be able to recover from the first attack?

Your Role

In this story you can chose many different places to position yourself. While the heroes still play a major role, the story becomes broadened and involves the people in the Citadel and surround towns and villages. You can be an up and coming hero who wishes to follow in the footsteps of those who came before you, a leader of the Citadel who tries to keep everyone together so they make it through the hard times to come, or even an advocate of the end of days.

There is even the opportunity to help me and become one of the creatures that will attack the Citadel. You would have to play the creature I already designed so it is limited in that regard, but it still leaves a lot of space for individual development in some cases. Let me know if you are interested in that role and I will give you more information.

The Queens Guard

Story

The kingdom of Alexandria was once a weak land ruled by wealthy corrupt landlords. People suffered and with the country at the end of its ropes hope had never even been thought of as an option. As crime, violence, and slavery ran rampant one woman came foreword to oppose it. Armed only with strong convictions and an unbreakable will, she fought against the evil that plagued her land.

Her will, passion, and knowledge drew the attention of the landlords who saw their power threatened. Even with the threats on her life she did not waver. When the threats became actual attempts on her life it seemed like it would be the end of the countries one ray of light. Just when the woman was about to break, alone in her fight, one by one warriors came. The warriors came from all walks of life drawn to the woman for one reason or another but, they all had one thing in common they were some of the strongest warriors in the country.

With the countries strongest warriors at her side and a goal for the future, she pressed on. Landlord after landlord fell to her, and soon she had freed the country from its oppressive system. The people knowing who they owed their new lives to declared the woman queen. The woman took the position with pride, knowing that from here she could make real change and protect the land she cared for. She also knew that she did not get here alone and because of that the warriors that stood by her before became her personal guard.

As the kingdom of Alexandria started becoming stable, greedy people and neighboring countries constantly attacked trying to take control of the newly revived country and it fertile lands and prime location for trade. Whenever the country was in danger the Queen's elite guard always managed to protect it. Their skills and abilities made the warriors and the Queen they served the symbol of the country.

Now Alexandria has established itself and when people hear the name Alexandria they think of the great queen who leads and her master guard who defends it.

Your Role

The Queens guard is an action, adventure, and possible romance story. It centers around the queen, and follows her choices for ruling the country and her interactions with her guards. As trial after trial is thrown at the queen will she remain strong or will her and the country fall? That's what we are here to find out.

There are three possible roles

Queen- There can be only one. She is the main character, so to be her you must be active since the story revolves around her. As said before the story is focused on you, so you run the world, your choices will direct the story and most of the other characters answer to you. You must be detailed and strong will. You are number one and everyone else writes off of you, so you can't write small single paragraphs. If you think you are epic enough to hold the world in your hands and shape it how you want, this is for you. As I said there can be only one so if there is more than one we will vote or I will chose the best queen.

Queen's Guard- One of the warriors that follows the queen. The guard is the support system of the queen. They will be sent on missions or directed to do other jobs the queen deems necessary. This is also home to possible romantic interest for the queen.

Enemy- If you want to try your best to topple the country this side is for you. You could be another Queen who tries to destroy the country by taking the guard for yourself, or a landlord who hires assassins to try to take out the queen. You could also just be a great conquer how seeks to take the country as yours just because it's next on your list. These are just some possibilities, really, sky's the limit in this category.

Ending Thoughts

Yea, so those are the stories. I might not be able to do them all if they are all more popular than I expect them to be. Also some of these were already done so if you happened to be apart of one of the originals feel free to be apart of the new one. This is just to see if there is some interest, if there is I will figure out max characters and all that other fun stuff. Last, if you have suggestions or question feel free to ask I usually respond quickly. Thanks for you time.

Thanks for the input. Is there one you would put over the other?

I'm kinda interested in 1, honestly, but if any of them got started I'd probably join in!

For me, the third idea sounds the most interesting. It puts an interesting twist on things, as the beginning of the story is after what would typically be the 'main' struggle, namely the rise to power. I like the idea of focusing on the maintaining of power and the direction of a newly established regime. After all, getting there is hard--but staying there is often harder.

I'd definitely be interested in 1! I looove those sort of dynamics! If you wanted to toss me the plot i'd be happy to read it!

I made a poll. The story with the most votes I will make. I may also make one of the others if the turn out is really high. Thank you all for your interest.

Alright it seems like the queens guard is going to take it. Let me know what roles you guys are interested in and if it is the winner I should have the story up later today. Also let me know if you are interested in being the queen because as I said there can be only one.

I'm interested on becoming the one of the Guard. I have some plans in mind to spice up the story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back