• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

Smiling at Charlie's embrace he turns to Cynthia just in time for her to lick his face. Chuckling lightly as emotions overflow from Charlie into him he pets her head with his one hand until Cynthia makes her comment about not being in the same egg group.

"Yeah....Why don't you go get everyone else up. We'll have a nice meal together and then we'll head out and start the day to win this competition."

Turning back to Charlie he grins.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty. You ready for the day?"

It takes a moment, but Charlie lets out a yawn and stretches, then blinks sleepily before nodding.

"I think I'm ready. Morning, Kyle. Did...did we have the same dream?"

Despite her declaration of readiness, she lets out another yawn.

"I dreamed we saw Mew...and it promised us stuff...and..."

She starts to doze off again while snuggling closer to you, but is interrupted by Cynthia jumping on her head, which naturally makes her wide awake.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon! No time for slacking, Charlie -- Kyle's gonna have us perform!"

The startled Gardevoir lets out a slight groan before finally picking her head off the pillow.

"Yes...it should be fun. Oh...am I to go in costume or just as I am? I forgot to ask yesterday when we enrolled."

Before you answer you can hear the clamor of the others beginning to stir.

"I apologize for my laziness...I should be up already." With that, she gently releases you and pulls herself upright on the bed. "Today is a very big day. I look forward to giving my very best effort."

Chuckling at the groggy Gardevoir in his arms he laughs when Cynthia acts so hyper like a kid on Christmas morning. Hearing the others beginning to stir he gets up out of bed and pets Charlie on the head when she joins him.

"I think we did have the same dream. We have to find something for him though as well. He didn't give us any description of it though so how do we know what it is we are looking for? Are we just going to know when we find it?"

Turning to see everyone waking up he smirks as he grabs his clothes to change into for the day.

"Good morning everyone. After this competition today we should all be becoming a little more famous even in this new region. We'll move on from this town once the competition is over and in the next town we can take some time to train a little. Plus we are going to start a series of tough gym battles so I want everyone to be prepared for some tough fights, alright?"

Turning back to Charlie when she asks about being in a costume he smiles.

"How bout some of your old clothes? I can cut a hole for your chest horn if you like? I think it would happen to be a cute costume for you Char. That is if you want to dress up. Otherwise I think you look perfect just the way you are."

In response there's a chorus of enthusiastic voices as you describe the coming events, including from Venusaur, which shakes the whole room a little. Once the noise has calmed down, Charlie nods.

"I sense that we'll know what we're looking for once we get close to it. Perhaps Mew was intentionally vague so as to prevent us from having any assumptions. As far as I can tell, though, we can also call for aid if we think we're getting near. I doubt Mew would promise such a big prize if it had no plans on us actually succeeding. Legends never portrayed it as having a deceptive nature."

Cynthia has already grabbed Charlie's old outfits. "You're going to be in costume, huh? I always just wear a bow."

"Thank you, Cynthia. Um...I would appreciate the help, Charlie -- seeing as how my hands aren't...heh...what they used to be and it seems unwise to utilize my psychic capabilities before a big show."

Venusaur's booming voice echoes through the room. "There's something on TV. Looks like they're already filing into the stadium -- is this where you'll compete?"

Sure enough, the TV shows a huge audience filing into a space.

"We should get over there after some food and...after you've helped me fancy up." Charlie smiles, then offers you a peck on the cheek, which makes Cynthia snicker, though not unkindly.

"Alright, I'll get us breakfast for today. You finish making your prize Gardevoir into a prettier performer and then -- to victory!" with that, the Vaporeon bounds down the stairs.

Charlie smiles. "She really does love and trust you. Almost as much as I do."

Chuckling at the clamor from everyone in the room he nods when she says that she's going to get the food.

"Perhaps. Love you both too," he replies as he turns to the tv to see all of the people filing into the stadium.

Meanwhile he goes to her bag and pulls out one of her old outfits. Holding the shirt up to her briefly he cuts out the hole for her chest horn with a pair of scissors. Before she disappears to go get the food he gestures for her to raise her arms so he could help her put on the shirt. Pulling it down over her head he helps carefully move it into place making sure that her horn doesn't rip the fabric. Once it's on he smiles and steps back to admire her.

"Looks great to me," he replied having picked out one of her nicer shirts. It was white with some vertical frills in the front and had puffed shoulders that cut off before her upper arms. "What do you think Char?"

"I'm very pretty," she says in a matter of fact tone. "Do you think I need to add anything else to the ensemble?"

"Food is here!" calls Cynthia, re-entering the room strapped to a wagon on which is a tray full of standard breakfast fare.

The others are of course very excited, but Charlie keeps looking at herself in the mirror. She actually seems a little vain, though pardonably so.

"C'mon, Diva! You'll need food before we start, especially if you're the grand finale."

Charlie blushes. "I just...do I need to add anything else? I'm not used to being so plan on stage...not that I mind...I just want Kyle to be happy with my self presentation. Sorry to keep everyone waiting."

Smirking at her question he leans in and gives her a kiss on the cheek before putting his hands on her shoulders and smiling deviously at her in the mirror.

"There we go. That adorable blush of yours completes the look I think," he replies before joining the others around the table.

Sitting down as he admires the meal in front of him he turns over to smirk towards her.

"Come mademoiselle. Noone likes cold breakfast," he chuckles before dispersing food amongst everyone.

Thinking as he eats he looks at the others in his group and poses a question to them.

"Guys. You don't feel neglected at all do you? Am I spending enough time with you I mean? I know that I've been concentrating on Cynthia and Charlie a lot lately and I just don't want you guys to start feeling resentful or anything. I want us to stay a big happy family."

"Well," replies Haunter, "it's true you've given them a good deal more attention, but...I dunno. We've had a chance to witness why, and, it seems perhaps they need it. I mean, when you took me in I remember how much you doted on me at first until I was comfortable with you -- so I'm not terribly bothered. I know eventually you'll be able to spread your resources more evenly -- and it's not like they haven't been pulling their weight."

This is followed by general murmurs of agreement.

"For what it's worth," says Cynthia, "I do feel sort of sorry -- I know I'm a handful, and, well, Charlie is wonderful, but she's had a very rough year up until becoming Kyle's Gardevoir. So I do plan on making it up to all of you."

"And I would further add," replies Charlie, "that despite everything I want to emphasize that I view myself as being in a group of peers. We're all Kyle's Pokemon -- I'm part of a whole team, and do not make any claims to be special compared to others."

"The same thing applies here, of course," says Cynthia, "Although I don't have a single problem with asserting my battle superiority."

This last part is followed by a playful swish of her tail.

Smiling kindly towards Haunter and around at the others as they agreed that his level of doting on Charlie and Cynthia was acceptable he turned to in turn look at each of his pokemon.

"I still remember meeting each of you for the first time and all the time and hard work we put in together getting to where we are today. Even Venusaur when I started out with just him as a little Bulbasaur. You've all grown so much already. I would like to ask you all to stay with me and continue to grow with me until our missions are complete. If you have any ill feelings whatsoever you can take them out on me when we spar. Just try not to kill me. I am only human after all," he added the last bit with a chuckle. "I'm looking forward to the days when Charmeleon will be a Charizard and Haunter will be a Gengar and all of us have finished growing up. Venusaur buddy if you grow anymore though I'm afraid you wouldn't fit indoors anymore."

This is met by general laughter from across the room. Then everyone begins to dig in.

"I'm glad we're all in good shape," says Cynthia. "I hope you'll cheer me on for the first round!"

The enthusiastic noise resulting from this statement is a good indicator.

"If everyone is done eating, I am excited to begin," says Charlie. "I haven't been able to do this in a long time -- I've got a lot to prove."

All eyes turn to you as if waiting on you to take them to the stadium.

Digging in to his meal in time with the others when he finishes he looks around the room at all of them with a smile. Seeing them all looking towards him he stands and rubs his stomach before walking to each of them and petting them on the head.

"Just incase I haven't said this lately I love you all and regardless of how we do today I couldn't be a prouder trainer. With that being said though let's go win this thing!"

Raising a fist in the air he smiles knowingly at Venusaur, returning him to his pokeball before leaving the room with the rest of the procession out to where the competition would be. Once they were outside he released Venusaur again so that he wouldn't miss anything or feel left out. The only reason he had returned him to his ball so briefly is so that Venusaur could fit through the doorway of the room they had been staying in. Kneeling down he pet Cynthia with a grin.

"You ready to rock this show Cyn?"

"You know it, Kyle!" she replies with an enthusiastic grin. "I'm gonna be the very best -- or at least my very best!"

The stadium is packed with enrollees, but pretty soon you make it to the front desk.

"You'll be in round two, alright?" says the clerk. "Head to the waiting room and relax for a bit."

Cynthia and Charlie are both shivering with excitement. Venusaur looks pretty jazzed too.

Looking around at all of the people that were going to be participating Kyle smirks and nods to each competitor that he makes eye contact with as they walk around. When they make it to the clerk and get their match information he nods in agreement with them before making his way to the waiting room. Finding a few seats together that were unoccupied he sits down and ushers Cynthia and Charlie in each along side of him. As Venusaur approaches Kyle reaches forward and begins petting him.

"I'm excited about the matches too you three but I think you should take a deep breath. Part of being successful in battle is keeping one's calm. A bit hypocritical coming from me but we have to put our game faces on now. Don't let anyone else see how emotional you are about this. We wanna come across as seasoned veterans regardless of how much experience we actually have."

"Of course," replies Cynthia with a hint of a smirk. "Gotta keep it profreshional."

Charlie groans, but also calms down. "We will have an advantage, being able to witness our competition before engaging any of them."

As she speaks, a younger trainer with a gray shirt and a sneer comes over to you and looks Charlie over.

"I see you've groomed Gardevoir for competition, but where did you find her? She seems like the sorta girl you'd only met under starlight!"

The word, of course, no longer affects Charlie, and the trainer looks stunned for a moment.

"You can't keep her forever," she whispers fiercely. "This Pokemon exists to serve Team Rocket, and eventually she will be returned to that purpose. If you are wise, you'll make that sooner rather than later."

Cynthia's low growl is beginning to attract attention.

"D-don't let her bait you, Kyle. I'm your Pokemon, no one else's, and they'll never be able to control me again!"

Tensing his hands into fists to hold back from striking at the younger trainer Kyle smirks at the stranger. Leaning forward towards the younger trainer he whispers.

"She will never be yours. Never was and never will be again. You can tell Giovanni he's a pathetic piss ant too and that we think his suits are tacky. Not to mention all of his subordinates are nothing but cannon fodder to us. If he wants to make idle threats tell him to do it himself."

Folding his arms at the trainer as he stands up straight again he pats Charlie on the head.

"Charlie is not a possession. She's my friend and family. Just like Cynthia here and the rest of my pokemon. Perhaps you and your team could learn something from us instead of treating pokemon like slaves or tools."

Cynthia stops snarling when she notices the attention it's getting. The trainer, meanwhile, takes a few steps back.

"Hey, just trying to give you some helpful tips. Gardevoir are not easy to care for -- they're high-maintenance Pokemon -- keeping them is no simple task." With that, the trainer vanishes while several others mutter things under their breath like "Gardevoir are super easy what is she talking about" and "what a smug jerk."

"I think that went about as well as it could -- I absorbed some of your anger and fear in an effort to make it easier for you to maintain control of the situation. I'm going to release that now."

You feel a slight chill down your spine -- a reminder that some of Charlie's soul has been mixed into yours -- but it's quickly replaced with the warmth you've come to expect.

"Now then!" she adds more cheerily. "I think that the competition is looking rather pretty, don't you?"

It's true -- a Butterfree is busy showing off its skills to a captive audience on the screen. Between its use of Confusion and Poison Powder, it's obvious the trainer invested heavily into the Pokemon's training. Then another person approaches.

"Hello. I don't wish to intrude, but your Gardevoir is in tip-top shape! If she wins today, will you please see me after the competition?" This is followed by a held out hand.

"Ya know, Charlie, it's a good thing you're not very pretty, or all the humans would ignore me and only pay attention to you!" Cynthia jokes.

"Kyle is the one getting attention," replies Charlie with an embarrassed blush. "After all, he's the trainer -- it makes sense!"

Watching cautiously as the trainer walks away he turns to Charlie and Cynthia with a smile on his face. His smile fades when he feels the chill run down his spine until the warmth returns. When she mentions about the competition he looks around the room he folds his arms as he turns his head to scan them all.

"I don't see anyone that I'm too worried about other than that trainer reporting back to Team Rocket about our location. I have complete faith in your instincts and abilities. The both of you," he replies while kneeling down to pet Cynthia and then standing to hug Charlie.

Turning in time to see another person approaching Kyle drops his arms down to his sides to ensure he's ready if this one tries anything. He's a little on edge still from the previous encounter from only moments ago. Wen the newcomer finishes talking he smiles and gives them a thumbs up before they walk away.

Turning to look at Cynthia he chuckles at her words to Charlie.

"I think she looks very pretty. You both do. Speaking of," he pauses as he kneels down and loosely ties a bow around Cynthia's neck. "There ya go Cyn. How do you like it?"

When Charlie tries to argue that it's him getting the attention he sighs and looks around once more. Certain enough there are people staring at him but he assumes that's from the pent up aggression he displayed towards the first trainer that had approached him.

Both blush at your comments about their abilities.

Cynthia giggles. "I think the bow highlights my natural grace. Thank you very much."

"Where did you get that?" asks Charlie with some surprise.

Before you can answer, a voice comes on over the loudspeakers. "Next we have Kyle and his Vaporeon, Cynthia!"

"You'll have to put me in a ball," says Charlie. "I don't think it's a good idea to leave me here by myself with all these strangers -- I don't want to be left alone."

"Okay, when we get on stage, have me start with Hydro Pump -- I'll take care of the rest, but don't forget to look like you're in charge!" Cynthia jokes.

The other trainers watch with anticipation -- at least one is smiling at how eager Kyle's Pokemon seem.

"Good luck!" he calls.

Just as he's about to answer Charlie's question the loudspeaker announces that it's his and Cynthia's turn to go on stage. Nodding to Charlie he returns her to her ball and attaches it to his belt but not before whispering to her "Miss you already."

As they make their way out to the stage he listens to Cynthia's counsel. "Alright. You ready Cynthia?" he asks with a smile on his face as he looks down to her.

The other people can't understand what she is saying obviously but thanks to Charlie he can. It definitely is a comforting thought. Nodding to the one who wishes them good luck they finally make it out to the stage. When they are told to begin he announces "Hydro Pump" and let's her improvise the rest. "You know what to do Cynthia!"

Cynthia practically giggles with excitement as she releases a flurry of water that pushes her upwards away from the stage. Having used the water to get upwards, she tosses a few aqua rings into the air before diving through the center of them to land gracefully on the stage. With the tower of water still behind her, she uses Hyper Voice to redirect it, creating an on-stage cyclone which she then has follow her around the stage, pretending to be running from it. Eventually it catches up, and she lets out a squeal of fear as she is absorbed -- making herself invisible in the water. Then the cyclone vanishes, and with it the Vaporeon.

The audience gasps, afraid your Pokemon has killed herself trying to perform. You look up and see under the warm lights that steam has begun to form -- then it seems to swirl towards the stage and just as it makes impact it all comes together into Cynthia's shape and the audience roars with delight as she takes a bow.

"Ta-da," she says with a chuckle. "That routine is always fun."

The judges rank her a perfect ten.

Stepping back and smirking as she begun he knew that the audience would be wowed by Cynthia's prowess. He had all the faith in her abilities but when she finished with a cute little ta-da at the end even he was a little in awe before turning to see the judges give her a perfect score. His jaw dropped and he didn't pick it back up until the next trainer and pokemon were coming out to the stage for their turn. Snapping himself out of it he walks over to Cynthia and scoops her up into his arms as they make their way back to the waiting room.

"You did such an amazing job Cynthia even I was flabbergasted. Great job!"

"Why, thank you, Kyle. I wanted to give you my best, and I think -- I think I succeeded. Besides, couldn't let the diva have all the attention. I can tell you this, though -- we're gonna be remembered for a while here!"

She offers you a slurp on the cheek as you enter a room that goes silent -- the other trainers are awed. Finally, one speaks.

"I've -- I've never seen anything like that. You're amazing!"

"Did I miss a good performance?" You hear.

Looking around at everyone while she replied he smirks and then smiles down at her as he cradles her in his arms.

"You did amazing and I think that you're right. This could be one hell of a first step towards ending our troubles with the rockets for a while. With enough notoriety they wouldn't be able to touch us."

When one of the other trainers finally speaks up he can't help but to grin with pride and thank them for their kind words and praise. When he hears Charlie's voice he replies back quickly telepathically.

"You missed one hell of a show Char. Our Cynthia did us proud with a perfect ten score. I honestly think it was at least an 11 but their scoring system only goes to 10 so I'll take a perfect score. It's the least she deserves after her performance today."

"It's going to be very hard for me to top that," replies the Gardevoir telepathically. "That said -- if she ends up being a superstar it'll be less than she deserves -- that girl is an excellent Pokemon."

The next few rounds proceed without much event -- the crowd is much quieter, since Cynthia rather stole the show earlier. In fact, a few trainers visibly groan at seeing how the others fare.

"You really set the bar high, dude," says a casual looking trainer with an Ivysaur. "If that was the opening act, I can't help but wonder what you have next."

"I'm sure you will Char. You're the one that helped train her after all and you didn't lose your memories. You were working on a routine yesterday remember? I'm certain you will knock their socks off."

Watching the next few rounds Kyle is kind of pleased that they don't seem to have that much competition in the show but does his best to hide it so that he wouldn't seem smug to everyone else. Part of being a star was being good to your fans after all. Someone in the spotlight that would be a jerk to their fans usually wouldn't last long.

"What can I say other than that we came to win? I'm very proud of my pokemon. They're my best friends and family and I train them all to the best of my ability."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back