Chitchat So... how did you come up with your username?

being a pretentious, wannabe precocious adolescent i wanted to create something that conveyed mystery and awe - so naturally like all children looking for something that's exotic and edgy i went to Latin - and then utilized the wonders of digital galvanism to Frankenstein together this monstrosity, supposedly a cod-latin mix of "dreams and identity". I took the mantle Almosegosum, for i am a dream, swiftly passing through the internet, seldom noticed - yet deeply felt when deigning to opine on anything: I'd be the spectre. Now it's a name that i use because i have the email accounts, my phone and other devices are set up for it, and both apathy and habit refuse for me to change it. So it clings on... less the dreamlike spectre but rather the poltergeist that became very old very fast....

Casteylan is the name of one of my main RP characters, I've been roleplaying him and writing about him for almost 20 years. He's an elf, and in his language (which is not the same as Tolkien's elvish or anyone else's) his name means "Red Hawk".

*Rolls In*

Well I'm a Kpop Fan. Recently there was a song called Apple Pie by Fiestar. They're one of my favorite Kpop groups. Also I'm like a math nerd xD so I put my favorite song and my favorite subject. Hence ApplePi

Seo is the name of a character I created during an event on a site that no longer exists. It just happened to be around Halloween time, so he became a character that I only draw in october during that season. one drawing from a few years back. I don't think I drew him last year though O: idr

I heard the lyrics from a song (don't remember what song) "Don't Rain on My Parade" and I decided to use that for my username. That whole phrase is too long personally, so I just used "Don't Rain" and added the extra N at the end for fun. c:

ApplePi said:
*Rolls In*
Well I'm a Kpop Fan. Recently there was a song called Apple Pie by Fiestar. They're one of my favorite Kpop groups. Also I'm like a math nerd xD so I put my favorite song and my favorite subject. Hence ApplePi
:o I love that song! Who's your bias? Mine's Cao Lu :D

Well, the way I came up with my name was, I went on a strawberry picking school trip. My friend said that the strawberries I had were very sunkissed, and hence the name Sunkissed. I was originally going to name myself 'sunkissedstrawbs' but I guess I changed it at last minute. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ApplePi said:
*Rolls In*
@Sunkissed

FIESTAR STAN HELLO

My Bias is Linzy! I think that she's super pretty and really talented

It's a terrible pun based off of Persona 3. The opening song is called "Burn My Dread," but it sounds like "bread" in the song, and then Thanatos is a character in the game, and rolling all that in a ball gets you the Greek god of burned bread, Thanatoaster.

Well, I was looking for some dank names for a new character I had tried to create in a MMO. I remembered the first name of my favourite League of Legends character, Jhin (it was Khada). And then I just put an Italian suffix behind it. Khadame. Ez.

I loved the story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. It inspired me to use Gawain as a nickname in pretty much everything since 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reznor is the last name of the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor. It's unique to me and therefore I welcomed it as my username, that's pretty much it however, there are probably more interesting stories to look at here.

I made a list of words that were fun to say, then I started putting them together until I found a combination I like. There is no actual meaning to it.

Well, lately I've been really into Vocaloid and my favorite vocaloid is Kaito. I was playing an RPG and couldn't really think of a name for my character so I decided on Kaito Shion bc I like Kaito. However, only KaitoShi fit, but I liked the sound of it so I stuck with it. So now its also my handle here. :3

Anyone ever watch the Alfa Legion?

Anyone ever notice that they never once say "Brother" properly, always going for "Bruva" or some permutation thereof?

Yeah that there's most of my name.

The rest is just an interest of messing with the idea of an anon. "Anonymous"? Too obvious. "Just a Person"? Already have a friend using that handle. "Some Dude"? I think someone's already taken that name. So I settled for "That One X".

Well, my 'official' username, Sandertp, is a nickname that my sister gave me along with my surnames' initials.

And my 'unofficial' username, BumbleLord FizzleSticks is a parody of my first LARP'ing and DnD characters, who were always crazy mages and wizards who played with magics beyond their control

Users who are viewing this thread

Back