Chitchat So... how did you come up with your username?

Mordecai

the traitorous queen
I was looking at all the people online and got to thinking... where did all these people come up with their username? So, I thought I'd ask!

The story behind my username is pretty lame. It's actually my surname. My father's surname used to be Bruce, but he had a large falling out with his family before I was born, so, he went back in his family history, pulled a random name out from the family tree, and changed his last name! Hah! Of course, I love my last name because I share it with my favourite video game character of all time: Mordecai from Borderlands, woohoo!

Anyways, where does your handle come from?

Hrrrm? A thing I have a long answer for? Hey!

Soo... It all begun all those days ago, back in I'd like to say 2009-2010 or something. One of my friends at the time had issues finding me on Skype, so I started cycling through names that were unique, so he'd find only me if he looked for it. I had some stupid names like pancakemaster and stuff for a while, but then I actually sat down and thought about it. I ended thinking "Hey, Cryze sounds cool, right? Let's just do that." Then, to make sure it was unique, I checked through Skype for it. Apparently everyone and their mom was named Cryze, so I decided I'd pick something else. It took me about ten minutes to realize that I REEEAAAALLY wanted Cryze, so then I got the idea "Hey, what if I just spell it weirdly? People have done that before!" and bada-bing, bada-boom there was Kriyze.

The amounts of nicknames I've gotten since then has absolutely spiraled out of control, and last time I actually counted all the nicknames I had I think I ended up in around 80 something different nicknames. Kratty, Fisher, Kanister, KryKry, Kray-Z, the list goes on... However, two of the more interesting names I got were "Princess" and "Izzy". Then, one day, while I was talking to a whole ton of people on RPN over a conversation I revealed this "Izzy" nickname. At the time I was known as princess amongst these people due to a running joke we had, so someone made the contraction "Prizzy". I figured I needed something else in my name that people could actually spell and pronounce, since Kriyze was often misspelled "Kryize", and was often mispronounced "Krayzee", "Kryzee" or even "Kryza" (Actual pronunciation is "Cries". It took me 5 years to realize the way I pronounced it sounded like "Cries". I'm not a smart man.) so I added it to my name.

So there you go. It's been six or so months since Prizzy was added, but the mispronunciations and and misspellings have not stopped. I am quite happy with it, though. -Story time over-

WELL, I got the name simply because my father nicknamed my two younger brothers and I after an athlete called Lar Corbett. It tends to stick with me than the other two so when I was thinking of a solid, but resoundingly-original name, it had to be none other than Larry!

Word association. Glimpsed an instant replay of someone getting tackled for some football game that someone else was watching. Action. Action Replay, and then I thought of games and such. Since I had nothing else jumping to mind, AR it is.

I actually have a vendetta.

Just kidding — I don't have a blood feud with anyone, don't worry. I wish I had a kick-ass reason behind my username, but the story of how it came to be is rather lame: I was looking up interesting words and came upon vendetta, so I used it when I registered. Pretty boring, I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
First name Johnathan, last name Sim. 1207622 is my school ID number. Sim J 22. simj22. Easy.

It was the name that I most used while on any MMO. I seriously don't have a lot of imagination on creating character names, to the point that it became a running gag at our group of friends. Being such, I used it here too. To think of it, I really need to improve on that. Haha :D

Because I am horribly uncreative when it comes to usernames, while I was signing up, I was listening to 'Bad Blood' by Neil Sedaka. Now every time I log in, it gets stuck in my head. It may have not been the brightest move on my part.

At the time I signed up, I had finished the book series the Maze Runner. I thought: hey, I like running, so why not name myself something associated with runner? Then, since I am silent and don't like talking to people, why not throw unknown into the mix? Lame, I know, but hey, everyone has their story, right?

My user name is the call sign for my first OC for a Mass Effect RP. Since then I use it for any RP related forum I join since I could never come up with anything else that sounded good.

Ideally my username would the same as my Steam name, and my Skype name, and my Origin name. But I wasn't really sure if a name like 'Freelance Autist' wouldn't be considered in some way offensive here.

My last name is Gilmore. Also love the show Gilmore Girls,but mostly cause my last name is Gilmore. I am a girl so Gilmore Girl. The 12 is for the cat I got that was 12 years old and coolest cat I will ever have had.

DeathToAllBetrayers

Mine is from my first actual character in roleplaying, Asher Evans Immortalis. The 'Mastr' comes from his rank, as 'Immortali' had three tiers, with Master Immortalis being the highest.

Of course, Immortali were an important group of people to the plot, known by mortals in the medieval world to be denied of heaven and hell, and thus immortal and cursed to walk this earth forever.

At first my name was Revolver Oshawott name taken from Metal Gear and Pokemon Crossovers.

Then someone told me it would be funny if it was Resolver Oshawott instead.

And then my username was born.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]If I told you I would have to kill you Mord...all of you really (:3)

[/QUOTE]
If you told me part of the story, would you be willing to only kill my left leg, right arm, and both earlobes?

I must say though, I'm thoroughly enjoying hearing about how everyone got/came up with their handles. Quite an interesting bunch, you all are.

I got my this name from a D&D mini-rp I did with a thread a few months ago. I needed an elf name, so I took the surname 'Surana' from Dragon age: Origins, thought, "Huh, this needs to be dramatic and mystical... I'll just add 'ain' to it!" and ended up with "Surain."

In spite (or because) of that character's unhealthy tendency of being stabbed and making innuendos, he was a pretty fun guy to rp. And now he is my namesake (or is it the other way around?).

My username has a weird kind of story to it, actually. Way back when I was in high school, my family finally got a farmhand. He used to play games online quite a bit and went by Shortbus74, and he set up the steam account we shared for a while. Eventually I started playing Team Fortress 2 semi-professionally so I pretty much just hijacked the account from him and dropped the 74 from it so I could use it to compete and so on. After a while, I got burnt out and started coaching for another team that a friend of mine was on that was primarily composed of people younger than I was. The people would ask me for advice in their private lives, and eventually started calling me Uncle Shortbus. That team dissolved, I drifted around for a while and got onto another team and shortened it to Uncle SB, and stopped playing a bit after that. A little over a year ago I joined some other forums and had to change it since there was already and Uncle SB on there, and bing bang boom, that's how I ended up with Uncle ShortyB.

Well it's obviously because I'm the Duchess of Oddness. Odd(ness) - (Duch)ess and it becomes Oddess lol. Very logical, or not.

Oh god, how I came up with my username... uhhhh. Silent Howling.

The Silent part came from the fact that I like silence in reality. Allows me to hear the beautiful sounds of life. The Howling part came from the fact that wind howls when it blows, wolves howl and that's the only legit reason I can think of how I came up with my username.

I've been using this username, or versions of it for the last 5-6 years now. I get it from the Beatles song " Octopus's Garden' It's just a silly catchy song and I love it. It also raises questions from my peers like, " What does an octopus grow in its garden?" It's silly,catchy and my forever username. :D

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus's garden, in the shade!

[media]

[/media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back