Chitchat So... how did you come up with your username?

Mordecai said:
I was looking at all the people online and got to thinking... where did all these people come up with their username? So, I thought I'd ask!
The story behind my username is pretty lame. It's actually my surname. My father's surname used to be Bruce, but he had a large falling out with his family before I was born, so, he went back in his family history, pulled a random name out from the family tree, and changed his last name! Hah! Of course, I love my last name because I share it with my favourite video game character of all time: Mordecai from Borderlands, woohoo!

Anyways, where does your handle come from?
ive always used variations of this name bc its similiar to mine

Hmm.... Good question.

I don't fully remember. I was a lot younger and I saw other peoples accounts and was like, huh... I need a good username.

Cue me sitting there for like a hour or two stringing random words together with my main rule being "No numbers, nothing that could be so common I would need to put numbers in on any site."

Eventually through debating with myself, I kinda laid back on my bed thinking. Looked at something I had been writing and started rereading for ideas. I decided on dark and soul, but I couldn't have that as my username too close to the games Darksouls which would have people naming accounts after already. Then I decided on alliterating the first D and started searching words till I saw destiny and considered... and considered some more... Then I got tired and had to go to sleep so I just pressed submit and ended it there.

From there my digital alias was born!

Well I was inspired by the way J.K Rowling came up with the name Voldermort, so what I did was to write out all the letters in my names and play around with them till I got something good. Alias I got was Betnon Orel but I use Orel or Betnon.

Ah, I have stories for multiple aliases, but as for this one in particular, I wanted something that would fit a "marshmallow" theme. I have a very close online friend that's gone by "choco" for as long as I've known her, and at one point I decided it would be cute if our usernames matched up, so I started going by MarshLover in some places, or generally marshmallow-related usernames. ChocoMarsh... Marchmallow... Chocolate and marchmallows. S'mores! Cute, right? Yeah. Then recently, a friend starts saying "gosharoo" a lot, something that really stuck with me, and in a bout of thinking I needed a new username, Marsharoo was born.

Many years ago I had adult swim going on in the background while I was sleeping (I sleep better, well... only with bg noise) and I had just woken from a beautiful dream, I glanced up at the screen half awake, and there happened to be on one of the letters from fans. Not sure if they still do this anymore, but the screen would be white, and the fans letter in black type. Then adult swims response had a black background with white lettering. Well I didn't catch the letter, but when the screen flashed to black, all the white lettering said was "Good job dinosaur" and then I fell back asleep. The rest, as they say, is history.

Since I just recently changed my username I'll tell you about both. I made my first name LOL_MAN101 When buying my first PC game minecraft when I was.....9 or 10 I think. I thought usernames at the time where extremely important at the time especially because in minecraft at the time you could never change it. I came up with some really neat and unique ones (I thought so), but they were all taken! I kept trying for about 3 days just to find a decent unused username. However, I don't know exactly how I came up with LOL_MAN101. I think at first it was lolman (taken),lolman101 (taken), then finally LOL_MAN101. After that I kept using it for continuity, using it throughout my life for Steam, Youtube, really anything to do with gaming, and then here.

I recently changed it just because I was bored and always liked the idea of the ghost in the computer or corrupted files containing disturbing or paranormal things. I also got inspiration from the Undertale character Gaster and looked up a image corruption filter to find this Image Glitch Tool. It did exactly as I wanted to make it seem like my old username and profile became corrupted. So yea that's it

ab9632f87da45c5238aa19332817ba60.jpg

LOLMAN101

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, mine isn't extravagant in terms of coming up with it and It's also a bit awkward because two other users have VERY similar usernames x_x

I basically used the term Masquerade as a sort of pseudonym when writing, as it mean't wearing a disguise and had a heavy theme with masks. So I thought It would be a good username online as well!

Thinking just using Masquerade would be a bit dull, I thought I'd be a tiny more original and just throw in Grey because I often like using Grey-Monochrome pictures for my profiles on numerous other sites. That and I thought It would be fairly original.

Little did I know two other users had literally the identical username just with a different colour in the front of Masquerade. That's basically the tale of me coming up with my username and accidentally, mildly, unintentionally username stealing two other users names from a pair of people who have been on this site waaayyy longer than I have. X _ X

@LifeNovel @White Masquerade @Black Masquerade

@Grey Masquerade

Welcome to you. Don't be sad, you are in good company! Since we share names, I am obligated to help you in any way that I can. Just give me a shout.

@Mordecai

( :P ) You have a family too! @Mordecai Stone

You can always join the Masques if you want though. You are one person I'd certainly love to have (:3)

I´m pretty new here, but I thought, why not give it a go?

The short story behind Lissianna is actually pretty lame. I started out as a ficker about six years ago, when I was obsessed with vampires and stuff, so I came up with my first username thanks to the Anita Blake books and also a character in Charlaine Harris´ Sookie Stackhouse novels. So, I´ve used that other darn nickname up to today and I´m pretty tired of it. When I registered my account I thought why not change it, but all I could remember was -again- vampires, this time the Argeneau novels. I finally settled on Lissianna because she was one of my favorite characters back when still read the novels regularly.

So yeah, that´s it. Pretty lame...

@Mordecai

M&Ms is the nickname I would give to you *faints in bliss*

Lissianna said:
I´m pretty new here, but I thought, why not give it a go?
The short story behind Lissianna is actually pretty lame. I started out as a ficker about six years ago, when I was obsessed with vampires and stuff, so I came up with my first username thanks to the Anita Blake books and also a character in Charlaine Harris´ Sookie Stackhouse novels. So, I´ve used that other darn nickname up to today and I´m pretty tired of it. When I registered my account I thought why not change it, but all I could remember was -again- vampires, this time the Argeneau novels. I finally settled on Lissianna because she was one of my favorite characters back when still read the novels regularly.

So yeah, that´s it. Pretty lame...
Nah, not lame. As long as your name has meaning to you, it's all good.

'Nehssa' has been my nickname since I was 12 or so. It's short for Vanessa. It's a little different than just 'Nessa' :P

Ah! I never had a nickname before since my name is Gaelic and just doesn't fit into anything, so I asked my internet friends to give me a nickname. Since my name was always a little strange to them as Irish names never popped up where they live, one said my name sounded a little like Leaf, and so I was called Leaf for a long time. Then I got Fifi 'cause it was cute, and I really adored both nicknames ^u^ So I put them together et violà! Leaf Fi became to be!

I have one answer.

Drugs.

no_scope_360_mlg_pro_4_by_gradster-d8luptt.png

And i just came up with random shit and it stuck with me.

Well, when I was a kid I went to church all the flipping time. My grandmother would dress me in pretty dresses that made me look like a little princess. However, I was clumsy and always got extremely dirty somehow. My mom one day joked that I was like Cinderella, without the graceful "ella" bit. My nickname from my family used to be cinder.

The floof part is pretty recent. I'm Black and recently converted to natural hair. My friends are always amazed by how soft and floofy my hair is and often call me floof.

So, there ya go! That's the story behing your friendly neighborhood cinderfloof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back