• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom So Come Aboard and Bring Along... One Piece!

Lady Warlock

Anime RN

BOOM! ITS BEAUTIFUL! YOU KNOW IT!

one_piece_funimation_logo_by_camarinox-d4pj3am.png

The Basic Idea

What Started it All Wealth. Fame. Power. Gol D. Roger, the King of the Pirates, attained this and everything else the world had to offer, and his dying words drove countless souls to the sea. "You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now, you just have to find it!"
Welcome, everyone, to the marvelous world that is One Piece! If you've somehow stumbled in here with no knowledge of the anime or manga, don't panic because its really not that complicated of an idea. The story One Piece follows the Straw Hat Pirates led by their captain Monkey D. Luffy as they explore the seas and the Grand Line in search of the legendary One Piece. Of course, they run into their fair share of distractions along the way. Oddly enough, these pirates have a sense of right and wrong, so they are always there when they are needed. This leads them into countless adventures and they are always gaining new crew members along the way.

While this rp will not be focusing on the Straw Hat pirates, it will focus on a pirate crew also on the hunt for Gol D. Roger's legendary treasure. This will be a detailed rp that will follow original characters within the same pirate crew as they encounter countless adventures all in their continual search of the One Piece. Staying true to the spirit of the anime, new characters will be able to join in along the way and each character is more than welcome - in fact, encouraged - to have their own goal within the rp that can and will be pursued along with the pursuit of the One Piece.

Sound like fun? No, it sounds like an adventure!

Plot

Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid, leader of the Red Ribbon Pirates sailing upon their ship Charybdis, has decided that it is time to set sail for the Grand Line. Staying in the West Blue much longer would be pointless in her mind and the humidity is causing her hair to frizz to no end. And with her boundless energy, no one has dared to argue.

However, one problem was brought up. Before sailing for the Grand Line, it would be best to stock up on supplies and the crew is broke! Hold your horses there, Red Ribbon Pirates! In an attempt to rectify this situation, Scarlet has ordered for Charybdis to set a course for the Sea Lion's treasure, a treasure whose existence is common knowledge although the stories surrounding its guardian seem to be true in this case. What kind of pirates would be scared of a sea monster, though? Really.... come on!!

Be careful, though. You may not be the only ones pursing the Sea Lion...

Notes From The GMs

Hello there!

First of all, I would like to thank you for actually reading this far in your exploration of the wonderful roleplay that I am attempting to create. It really means a lot!

Now, here's a little bit about me. While my username labels me DaughterofAthena, on this site a lot of people refer to me as Siren because apparently DaughterofAthena was too long or too much of a mouthful or something like that. Yes, I am obsessed with Greek mythology. I have other obsessions as well though - like writing and anime. Although One Piece is not the highest on my favorite anime lists (which include Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, Ouran Highschool Host Club and Full Metal Alchemist), I am very excited to jump into the world it gives us. I am also currently a college nursing student, so I may have days where I'm nonexistent although those are highly infrequent because I love roleplaying to death.

Now, I would like to introduce you to a good friend of mine. We actually know each other in person and have been best friends since middle school. *Drumroll* Introducing GM Number 2 *Drumroll*

Hello! I'm sonicfreak101 but feel free to call me Sonic. (It makes me feel awesome. I'd love to be as cool as Sonic xD ) I'll be moding this RP with DaughterofAthena because I am crazy about One Piece. It is one of my favorite animes and I have been wanting to do a role play for it for some time. Sadly I don't have the organizational skills to run one by myself. That is why I have teamed up with Siren (who is the QUEEN of organization) to run this RP. I'm very excited to get started and I look forward to sailing the Grand Line with you guys.

And, thank you for that astonishing introduction @sonicfreak101 !

Anyway, enough with introductions for now. Sonic and I have a lot of fun plans, hopes and dreams for this rp, but all of them depend on you, the rpers who will dare to step on board Charybdis with the Red Ribbon Pirates. It will be an adventure that can and hopefully will delve deeper into each character who joins the crew as they pursue their own dreams while in constant pursuit of the ever-elusive treasure, the One Piece. We look forward to receiving input and story suggestions from all of you as well as laying out the road for you.

Signed,

Siren and Sonic

So, do you think you're ready... to jump on board Charybdis? It only takes one step...

Last edited by a moderator:
Carmelita said:
One Piece is my everything! I'm totally intrigued. I want to join!
Awesome! We are still working on getting everything set up right now, but I'm a fast worker when it comes to rp stuff so it shouldn't be too long before we are ready to make a thread! I'm excited to have you on board!

Yay! Interest!!

I will be working on more stuff for the rp tonight and at this point I am thinking that you should be able to expect a thread by this weekend although the rp itself probably won't start until the following weekend. I am really trying to make this fantastic.

I'd be quite interesting in joining.

I have a question however.

Regarding the use of Devil Fruits, I'm assuming they'll be certain things you can and cannot have or you'll have request permission for it to be a Logia or something?

[QUOTE="Dr Nyx]
I'd be quite interesting in joining.
I have a question however.

Regarding the use of Devil Fruits, I'm assuming they'll be certain things you can and cannot have or you'll have request permission for it to be a Logia or something?

[/QUOTE]
You may request a devil fruit but sonic and I will be judging on a case by case basis based on the quality of the cs and the character itself whether you get it or not. Very few crew members will actually have them

As someone currently watching One Piece (currently in the Albasta arc) this caught my attention. Out of curiousity how often would we have to post if we get accepted? Would it be something like Fairy Tail: A New Beginning? (I'm only asking this since I'm a college guy.)

shadowdude505 said:
As someone currently watching One Piece (currently in the Albasta arc) this caught my attention. Out of curiousity how often would we have to post if we get accepted? Would it be something like Fairy Tail: A New Beginning? (I'm only asking this since I'm a college guy.)
Right now I have it set as every two weeks. I am going to be very strict on this though. I am not going to hunt people down and remind them to post so if two weeks passes since a person's last post, they will be written out of the plot.

I don't have a lot of patience.

Seeing as the manga did, am I correct in assuming we can use scientific concepts, etc. for our characters? I'm not too familiar with One Piece, but I've gotten past Crocodile, so I'm not completely out of my depth. I'd be proud to come aboard, though I can only offer my services, not treasure.

Naruyashan said:
Seeing as the manga did, am I correct in assuming we can use scientific concepts, etc. for our characters? I'm not too familiar with One Piece, but I've gotten past Crocodile, so I'm not completely out of my depth. I'd be proud to come aboard, though I can only offer my services, not treasure.
I don't see why not as long as its not overpowered.

We would love to have some diversity in ideas and that sounds like something that would more than contribute to the quality of the crew.

Well, I'm not going to be throwing out antimatter or anything, as tempting as it may be. Or using a devil fruit at all, for that matter.

Naruyashan said:
Well, I'm not going to be throwing out antimatter or anything, as tempting as it may be. Or using a devil fruit at all, for that matter.
Sounds good! I should have a thread up by the end of the weekend so people can start making characters.

I'm working on a blacksmith who wants to make the greatest sword ever crafted.

shadowdude505 said:
In case crew rolls need to be reserved. I'm currently working on an engineer/shipwright type character.
Well

This is an awkward situation then...

I've actually been working on a shipwright...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back