• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy snowblind | closed, low fantasy

vanquishable

Raconteur Ordinaire
snowblind.jpg

The snow crunches crisp underfoot, but underneath that icy shell there is powder to your knees. The view from the mountaintop is gorgeous, incredible, but the altitude gives you headaches like you’ve never had before. The people are red-cheeked and dressed in cheerful reds and blues, but they stop their chatter as you pass by. You finally understand why such a lovely village could be called Fool’s Errand--but you’re trapped here. For months.

Perhaps you were just passing through, perhaps you were there to trade for the beautiful textiles, the hardy seeds, the rare ores from deep mountain mines. Perhaps you were there to hear the music, or watch the dancing, or catch a glimpse of the mysterious pagan rituals--it doesn’t really matter. The only thing more inconvenient than the village is the road, narrow and rocky at the best of times, now thick with snow. You’re not getting out anytime soon, so you may as well make the best of it, right?

Only, you have the strangest feeling that something isn’t right here.

Welcome to the village of Fool’s Errand, a tiny mountaintop hamlet fifty miles north of anything else whatsoever. And also about half a mile up. Whoops. I’m imagining this roleplay to be something like an open world--except for the fact that the world is rather small, just the village and a few surrounding areas. I’d imagine that there would be a fair bit of character drama--I have a bunch of NPCs populating the place, and of course between all y’all. Other than that--more or less whatever you feel like doing. I do have the bones of a plot in place if that’s your fancy, but feel free to like, sit around and hit on the innkeeper the whole time if you like. Or really, anything else! This is my first group RP in a long time, so I reckon we can all figure it out together.

Lore
OOC

Last edited:
I can definitely get behind this. Consider me interested.

Seems interesting, I'd be down to check it out

Are you still looking for new people?? Because if so I'm totally interested! :0

I've never done a group RP before, but the idea is too intriguing to pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back