• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Skyward Pirates: Interest Check

Care to join up?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XANXeto

Dark Mind; Light Heart
I figured I would go ahead and post up an interest check for my first ever rp (on this site) to see if anyone will look at it and possibly join up.

The name of the rp will be Skyward Pirates.

Basic Premise: The year is 2081, and Earth is dying. Humans have found a way to build towns and cities in the sky provided by a crystal founded years before that was used for the creation of hover cars and many other technological advances. The great cities in the skies were quickly built as the land below eroded and became toxic, making it uninhabitable to nearly all life.

Ever since the move to the skies, life had seemed better; more peaceful and flourishing. This was sadly not to last as the economy dropped drastically, and money lost its value. Many of the nations pulled their leaders together into one town that later became the main capital of all the sky cities. The leaders discussed and debated on a solution to get the world's money back on track.

As the leaders talked, the richer cities were busy constructing new air-way travelling systems, trader post, and even naval strength. Anything they could think of to make themselves, and other smaller cities richer. Other bigger cities, though, did this out of greed and kept the money for themselves. Even with this going on, smaller cities were slowly, yet surely, losing the starting funds, and could not find a way to replace it and invest on more money.

Worry, fear, and doubt filled the hearts and minds of everyone; until one day a group of merchants declared they would go around and take from the richer cities just to come back and give to everyone less fortunate. Some of the people thought they were insane, and even tried discouraging them. Many others, though, saw them such like the legendary thief; Robin Hood. It was then, that the creation of the Crusaders were made. Some stuck to the idea the original group had; in which they wanted to help the poor by stealing from the rich, while others looked to taking everything for themselves.

So that's about the jest of it.

If this rp gets a good amount of people willing to join up (3-7), I'll create the forum and further expand on the story, give the size of the different ships, starting locations, etc.

Also, another thing is that I'm expecting a lot of people to be in this rp; meaning one ship can hold anywhere from 15-45 players. I don't expect all spots to be filled (unless the entire site decides to join @.@), and one player may feel more than free to control two or more characters at one time.

Don't be afraid to throw in some of your own ideas as well.

This will be either on the level of Casual or Detailed.

Its uncanny, I had a similar idea a while ago, a world in the sky, the rich taking power and a single robin-hood character calling to arms a band of thieves to help her. The Blue Vixen. The only difference was it was steam punk instead of futuristic. Amazing. I'd like to join if you start this. :)

You may yet have a chance to have a unique steam punk style ship.

There we are; we have our three. Of course this thread will continue to be open if others wish to join; and the roleplay will be open to all.

I shall start the construction of the roleplay now.

Sweet; that takes us to 5 members.

As of right now, I am working on the full story, then I'll move onto the character sheets. That part will be rather special; as it will give both options to create a character as well as a ship if you wish to.

More shall be explained once I get to it.

Sorry for the wait; I'm on vaction and don't have the information I typed up with me; and I'm too lazy to type it all up again.

Once everything is done, I'll post a link here for you all and anyone else.

I appreciate your patients.

Well, the whole (3-7) thing was the starting point to get the rp going (once I get back home this Saturday and finish typing things up).

As for the max limit; it's unlimited. Anyone and everyone can and may join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back