• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Silver Hill Containment and Research Center

StrixDesmodus

Totally human, I swear!
The year is 2047, the month February. World War Three ended fifteen years ago without nuclear detonation. Electric vehicles are mainstream. The USA still can't come to a consensus on the same basic issues of human rights that have been struggled over for half a century or more.
There are many foreseen complications of corporate growth, technological advancements, government bickering, and general discontent; Unforeseen are the strange transformations that seemingly random people all around the world began to undergo starting six months ago. Transformations into what many people would not consider to be human- Sphinxes, dragons, vampires, and even creatures that couldn't even be found in the most comprehensive mythical bestiary.
Each one of these creatures used to be human, but if the government and media are to be believed then they are nothing more than vicious monsters once the transformation is complete. Though these former humans tend to keep their mentation from before they transformed, the government does not want the general public to know this. Instead, they are kept in one of eight centers across the nation where they are imprisoned and used for research, though not much is known yet about what causes this condition.
In Silver Hill, South Dakota there is one such facility, where our story lies.

• Play as a former human trapped in the facility, or as a researcher or other employee
  • No set requirement for post length
  • Use a real, drawn, or modeled picture for your character, or a detailed description
  • No deadline for character creation or limit on number of characters
  • Questions and brainstorming welcome!

Last edited:
This sounds interesting.... count me in! Though I still have to think a bit about what kind of character I'd like to play though it'll likely be some kind of ex-human who's trapped there

Could I possibly play as a Medusa-type character who has to wear something over their eyes to prevent turning others to stone?

I've been working on the official threads, but am unsure of when I"ll actually be finished with them. Still, I thought I'd provide an update on progress.

Would it be possible to play as a siren of sorts? Out of water human, in water half murderous fish?
Depends on what you mean by that. Canonically, the transformation doesn't change anyone's minds beyond maybe traumatizing them or making them question reality. I can't say it leaves the person mentally unscathed, but the idea that it makes someone into a murderous monster is just propaganda so that the government can keep the Creatures locked up without worrying about friends or family whistleblowing or otherwise catalyzing outrage with the general public. If your character was already the murdering type, then I could see it though.

red.blue.hues red.blue.hues
Actually, re-thinking it, I think maybe changes in instinct may be valid provided they aren't the single-minded drive of a character. So, I might actually accept such a character if we could discuss it in more detail.

red.blue.hues red.blue.hues
Actually, re-thinking it, I think maybe changes in instinct may be valid provided they aren't the single-minded drive of a character. So, I might actually accept such a character if we could discuss it in more detail.
We can absolutely discuss further.

I'd prefer it if they weren't one dimensional; if we can manage a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hide situation it would add some depth to them, I would think.

We can absolutely discuss further.

I'd prefer it if they weren't one dimensional; if we can manage a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hide situation it would add some depth to them, I would think.
I'm ambivalent about that. One one hand, it might make sense. On the other hand, the implications it has for real people with multiple identities is territory I'm not sure I want to get into. Have you considered water as sort of, for lack of a better word a "trigger" for certain tendencies and instincts, or otherwise something that overrides inhibitions on those instincts?

Jackson123 Jackson123 Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon White Masquerade White Masquerade SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu Sir Mayday Sir Mayday red.blue.hues red.blue.hues Sunsmiter Sunsmiter

Two of the official threads are up! I will have the final one up soon, but have some tweaking to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back